Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2076534 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) ... (1701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
1000w All in One solar street light now available, #45,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2021
1.5kva 24v luminous inverter available, #80,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
2000w and 3000w souer inverter with charger now available.

2000w - 25,000.
30000w - 30,000.
Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
300w flame solar panel (black face, mono) now available, #55,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller available for sale at clearance price

Price: 45,000 firm

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:07pm On Aug 05, 2021
odimbannamdi:
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller available for sale at clearance price

Price: 45,000 firm

Your price rocks. Goodluck cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
mctfopt:

Your price rocks. Goodluck cool

Thanks boss. Cheapest on the block

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
samir101ng:

To be sincere with you, your budget will determine a lot on the quality & capacity of the components you will need for your solar installation especially if you insist on having the AC on it. If you had started from the beginning of the thread, you will see that it usually recommended that you start small and grow your system so as to save on cost & gain meaningful experience but everyone's situation is different. So a few tips:
1. For your AC's, get the 1HP Gencool Inverter ACs from FOUANI LG shops. They will easily cut down on the energy consumption.
2. Batteries are the last things you buy in an inverter system due to their chemical nature and degradation when stored for long term without use.
3. LiFeP04 batteries are the new kids on the block and highly recommended. Yes, more expensive initially but will pay for itself in the long run. Some can last 5yrs or more. But buy them last when you have gathered all your components.
4. You will have to do a lot of research & googling to find a reputable seller as there a lot of fakes in the market. You can buy from AliExpress or AliBaba but be prepared for high shipping prices.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for inputs. I understand that things are expensive etc but I am also dedicated to the cause.

Will get the ACs first and then the battery at last.

I am still not clear as to whether 5kva is fine or not. I currently use a 5.5kva gen to power similar set up and I assuming solar configuration shouldn't be too far apart in terms of comparison.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
justcallmenuel:
1000w All in One solar street light now available, #45,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Please dm your details.

Edit.
Got your number. Don't worry about the DM
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:54am On Aug 06, 2021
ElRazur:

Thank you for inputs. I understand that things are expensive etc but I am also dedicated to the cause.

Will get the ACs first and then the battery at last.

I am still not clear as to whether 5kva is fine or not. I currently use a 5.5kva gen to power similar set up and I assuming solar configuration shouldn't be too far apart in terms of comparison.

I think you can get the batteries first as long as it is lithium. They can stay in storage for 8 to 10 months without losing much charge. It will be good you get it now because that is about the heart of your system onto which every other thing latches. If you wanna go DIY, ordering it now before further naira plunge will ensure you save money and also save time as it will arrive before year end.

Your inverter AC and indeed other electrical appliances are about the easiest and least stressful to acquire. Electronic shops including Fouani will always have stocks and newer, more efficient models are always reeled out as R& D into these appliances progress. You can buy one appliance today and in a month's time, a newer more power efficient model which tickles your fancy is produced.

The major upgrade you may require in your battery pack is the BMS whereas an upgrade to your electrical appliance means selling it off to acquire a newer one.

After your battery, get your inverter and since you mention that you have a generator, you can use that to charge your set up while you plan to acquire solar panels. Even your solar panels can be procured in phases of 3 or 6 panels or multiples of it (if you're using 48v system) at a time depending on how deep your pocket is.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ineaghe(m): 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
Anyone with a spare 24v pure sine wave inverter for sale please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
ceaser:

I think you can get the batteries first as long as it is lithium. They can stay in storage for 8 to 10 months without losing much charge. It will be good you get it now because that is about the heart of your system onto which every other thing latches. If you wanna go DIY, ordering it now before further naira plunge will ensure you save money and also save time as it will arrive before year end.

Your inverter AC and indeed other electrical appliances are about the easiest and least stressful to acquire. Electronic shops including Fouani will always have stocks and newer, more efficient models are always reeled out as R& D into these appliances progress. You can buy one appliance today and in a month's time, a newer more power efficient model which tickles your fancy is produced.

The major upgrade you may require in your battery pack is the BMS whereas an upgrade to your electrical appliance means selling it off to acquire a newer one.

After your battery, get your inverter and since you mention that you have a generator, you can use that to charge your set up while you plan to acquire solar panels. Even your solar panels can be procured in phases of 3 or 6 panels or multiples of it (if you're using 48v system) at a time depending on how deep your pocket is.

Thank you.

It is a bit of a catch 22 with the battery, the place should be ready soon and all I buy will be in storage. It is a case of buying when I can so as to avoid future jump in prices. I have looked into the LifePo4 battery and power wall battery pack using same battery tech but I never ordered directly from China before so I am looking at things closely.

As per AC, I am egding closer to a 1HP with dual inverter (I read that it offers faster cooling than single inverter AC). The idea of buying some of the appliances now is to avoid the naira instability and to have a physical presence of what I am powering with solar.

Thanks for the inputs as per BMS, it is noted.

Abeg, any idea as to what brand of Hybrid inverter to go for. A few replies here suggested Deye 5kva but I am still doing my research on that one as I feel that perhaps having a slightly bigger one like 7 or 8kva version may be better.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2021
ElRazur:

Thank you.

It is a bit of a catch 22 with the battery, the place should be ready soon and all I buy will be in storage. It is a case of buying when I can so as to avoid future jump in prices. I have looked into the LifePo4 battery and power wall battery pack using same battery tech but I never ordered directly from China before so I am looking at things closely.

As per AC, I am egding closer to a 1HP with dual inverter (I read that it offers faster cooling than single inverter AC). The idea of buying some of the appliances now is to avoid the naira instability and to have a physical presence of what I am powering with solar.

Abeg, any idea as to what brand of Hybrid inverter to go for. A few replies here suggested Deye 5kva but I am still doing my research on that one as I feel that perhaps having a slightly bigger one like 7 or 8kva version may be better.
This is one of the reason I suggested u read from the beginning to the end. U will learn from people's past experiences with what you want to procure. Getting a bigger kva inverters get ready for battery leaching, while the inverters is in standby, has for Ac inverters like I said read people experience it is all here.. most complain that the inverter ac was not performing has expected some changed back to normal Ac...do your research very well. Pls read.,.....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
ElRazur:

Please dm your details.

Edit.
Got your number. Don't worry about the DM
Alright sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
samnaija:

This is one of the reason I suggested u read from the beginning to the end. U will learn from people's past experiences with what you want to procure. Getting a bigger kva inverters get ready for battery leaching, while the inverters is in standby, has for Ac inverters like I said read people experience it is all here.. most complain that the inverter ac was not performing has expected some changed back to normal Ac...do your research very well. Pls read.,.....

Omo to read from page 1 hard o. But I understand he'll be in a better position to see how people resolved their issues.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
ojeysky:

First you need to provide actual power ratings on those gadgets but with assumptions:

2 X Aircon 1.5Hp. : 1.5kw X 2
TV and stereo system. : 300w
Security CCTV system: 300w
1 X Fridge or Deep freezer (medium sized): 100w
Lights round the property: 200w
Total: 3.9kw
For 48v system that's 81AH
For 15hr that's 81x15= 1218AH
So you need the following:

5kw inverter such as Deye
You will need external CC as well
1400AH LFP or 2800AH lead acid
20kw panel array.

All the best when you figure out the cost. wink

Waoh! Brilliant analysis.
If l may ask: why would the 5KVA Inverter be able to carry a 20KW set of Panels?
Is there no limit to the Inverter/Array watages?
How would that work on a Sunny day?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
smallsmall:

Waoh! Brilliant analysis.
If l may ask: why would the 5KVA Inverter be able to carry a 20KW set of Panels?
Is there no limit to the Inverter/Array watages?
How would that work on a Sunny day?

You missed one more line:

You will need external CC as well
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 12:00am On Aug 07, 2021
ojeysky:

You missed one more line:

You will need [b]external CC as well[/b]

Does it have to be External CC?
What the Inverter came with a CC, will that pose any problem?

But l still want to understand the relationship between the SIZE of the Inverter and size of the installed Panels.
At what point does the Panels become too much/overload for an Inverter?
How does one size Panels properly for an Inverter, for maximum efficiency?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 2:38am On Aug 07, 2021
smallsmall:

But l still want to understand the relationship between the SIZE of the Inverter and size of the installed Panels.

The inverter/cc usually has the max wattage of panels written somewhere
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2021
smallsmall:

The 5kw hybrid inverter that was recommended was done based on his load and it can do 6.5kw of solar panel array, since his needs are more than that he needs to get external charge controller to balance up.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 9:23am On Aug 07, 2021
ojeysky:

The 5kw hybrid inverter that was recommended was done based on his load and it can do 6.5kw of solar panel array, since his needs are more than that he needs to get external charge controller to balance up.

You are using 8kw Deye, what is the rational of you recommending 5kw considering the loads he listed? or is he expected to buy the 5kw as a learning curve and later he will be advised to buy the 8kw version?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
microgiant:

You are using 8kw Deye, what is the rational of you recommending 5kw considering the loads he listed? or is he expected to buy the 5kw as a learning curve and later he will be advised to buy the 8kw version?

If he can afford 8kw no problem my load is more than the load he listed, the other difference is that I don't have all of them on for 15hrs.. I may have most of my load on for an hour or till when their auto switches triggers based on battery SOC. So yes a 8kw will be good for him and he will still need an external CC anyway to address the remaining 10kw solar array deficit.

Edit: Attached is my peak for today and you can see my load is almost 5kw(4957w), that is without madam doing her thing with the electric cookers

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 3:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
mctfopt:

Omo to read from page 1 hard o. But I understand he'll be in a better position to see how people resolved their issues.

I started reading for a while but seeing that the thread date back to 2010, it may be worth asking a few questions every now and then.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
GeorgeD1:

u're in good hands with zeestone bro
i had cause to invite him and his team over to warri almost 4 years ago and they did an excellent job.
i'm sure he will equally deliver for you in lagos where he's based.

Thanks boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
ElRazur:

Thank you.

Call/chat 08117398294 for design, installation and procurement.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Axpert 3.5kva 50amps pwm hybrid inverter - ,(150k out of stock )
1.5kva index inverter PSW - 75k
5kva 48v 80amps mppt inbuilt WiFi hybrid inverter - 250k
5kva sorotec revo vmii 100a - 275k
5kva sorotec revo vmii parallel 100a - 290k
Avr/current limiter 60a - 8k
DC SPD 600v - 13k
Watt meter - 7.5k
Programmable timer - 7k
DC breaker single pole - 2.5k
DC breakers double pole 63a - 6k
DC breaker double pole 100a - 8k
Ha02 battery balancer - 25k
40a mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller - 58k
Fangpusun 50amps mppt controller - 60k
60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller - 115k
60amps powermr mppt - 60k
Quanta 200ah original - 150k
Index Exide 200ah AGM Battery - 145k
DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
ojeysky:

Edit: Attached is my peak for today and you can see it's almost 5kw this is without madam doing her thing with the electric cookers

Alagba please where you got your Deye hybrid inverter? I am reading about it and I am getting intrigued about it.

The 10kw 3 phase version looks good but can't find a seller in naija yet. I may eventually have to order from China. . . .

Any recommendations?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
ElRazur:

Alagba please where you got your Deye hybrid inverter? I am reading about it and I am getting intrigued about it.

The 10kw 3 phase version looks good but can't find a seller in naija yet. I may eventually have to order from China. . . .

Any recommendations?

Got mine direct from manufacturer but there are now at least 2 sellers that has the 5 and 8kw locally that I know and one of the sellers is selling at very reasonable price (compared to buying direct). Though single phase, no idea if he has 3 phase.

Reach me for backyard for contact smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2021
In general you size your inverter for the maximum average load you expect it to carry with some headroom for load spikes and perhaps future expansion e.g if your average running loads are 4kw then a 5kw inverter is suitable to run those loads long term.

You size your solar panels to be large enough to run your day time loads and simultaneously refill your batteries to 100% all within the space of one solar day (9amish to 5pmish).

Hence you see that Ojeysky recommended a solar panel size several times larger than your inverter size.

There is a lot more to complicate this simple answer.... as you bring up further questions or research, the house will support.

smallsmall:

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2021
You size your batteries for 16hrs of night time consumption (5pm to 9am). Solar should take care of 8hrs day time consumption.

If your nighttime consumption is 20 units(20kWh), an 800Ah 48v DC lead acid battery bank will suffice.

If your daytime consumption is also 20kWh, size your solar array for 40kWh.

Batteries have recommended charge rates. Select a setup where you can manipulate the max charge/discharge rate else you'll boil your batteries.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2021
ojeysky:

Got mine direct from manufacturer but there are now at least 2 sellers that has the 5 and 8kw locally that I know and one of the sellers is selling at very reasonable price (compared to buying direct). Though single phase, no idea if he has 3 phase.

Reach me for backyard for contact smiley

I am trying o but unable to do DM or so. I have emailed Deye but one email bounced back and other one is yet to respond. My email is open - "elrazur AT yahoo.com"

PS
Any other hybrid or non hybrid inverter I may want to look into please?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solasola(m): 12:45am On Aug 09, 2021
Luminous 24v/1.5kva Inverter (Used) - 60k

Sinergy 24V/1.5kva Inverter(Used) -60k

DC SPD 1000V - 15k

HA01 battery balancers -17k

DC breakers double pole 40A - 5k

Wattmeter - 9k

Call/chat 0703 4488 630

(1) (2) (3) ... (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) ... (1701) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ekkywolex(m), Whytehandy, tivta(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.