Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056296 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (1689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
contactmusa:
Used Inverter for sale

2KVA /12V

Price 50k ( negotiable)

Still available?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
I have it.

isangjohnson:
Anyone that has TDS Meter should let me know.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
ojeysky:
4 units of 280AH brand new Eve LFP cells available for grabs @75k each gives total of 3.5kwh. I've got 35A 4s smart BMS as well which I could give to buyer for free

Still available, the free BMS offer is only valid for the week
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
[quote author=dapsyra

How much sir?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
[quote author=justcallmenuel

I may like to know more about this 4G CCTV.
I saw one set few months ago that worked with an external solar security light. Meaning you don't need to connect it to internal power source.
It's powered by solar source together with the security light mounted around the compound.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OCTAVO: 6:43am On Sep 11, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Please share pics of it and specs, if possible.

Thanks
You can get enough pictures of it online. Specs depends on the type you eventually buy. You can get more info from wilmaria.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OCTAVO: 6:45am On Sep 11, 2021
OCTAVO:

If you are not talking about hybrid inverter, then go for SMR. That inverter is crazy rugged. I've not switched off mine for about 5 months now. It works 24/7. Bought it February this year.
Idle power consumption.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MontyNG(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
chris81964:

I was out of the country for 5 weeks and yesterday I was in transit. The number is fine.

OK will get in touch

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
Looking at south south weather, I'm trying to design two setups (with an intention of picking the best) that will give me daily battery float with load management.
Please, someone should help and rearrange the diagram for me. Add what you think is necessary and remove what you think is unnecessary.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
NB: Batteries are tubular.

Pv Array 1 will face south while Pv Array 2 will face west in diagram one and two.

The second diagram are to be installed separately.

In the first diagram, I intend to connect the output of the two CCs in parallel to the battery bank to work in sync.

QUESTION: 1. In the first diagram, can Pv Array1 and 2 charge the battery bank simultaneously?
2. At what point will I allow one array to sleep?
3. Is installation of HA02 really necessary since monthly equalisation of these tubular batteries are mandatory?

Your advice is highly appreciated all
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
If you must try this model, you should be thinking of North and South, West does not even come into the equation at all at any time of the year.
It is better not to install solar at all than to have your panels facing West
isangjohnson:
NB: Batteries are tubular.

Pv Array 1 will face south while Pv Array 2 will face west in diagram one and two.

The second diagram are to be installed separately.

In the first diagram, I intend to connect the output of the two CCs in parallel to the battery bank to work in sync.

QUESTION: 1. In the first diagram, can Pv Array1 and 2 charge the battery bank simultaneously?
2. At what point will I allow one array to sleep?
3. Is installation of HA02 really necessary since monthly equalisation of these tubular batteries are mandatory?

Your advice is highly appreciated all
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by contactmusa(m): 1:36am On Sep 12, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Still available?

Thanks for the correction. It is still available. Kindly call or WhatsApp me in 08053850764
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:20am On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=ojesymsym
Thanks for your advice.

Are those diagrams in order and which setup from the two is the best for southern weather?

In diagram one, could the two pv arrays charge the battery bank simultaneously?

Is HA02 installation really necessary for tubular batteries?

Where could MNDC115 or 300 be installed in that diagram?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2021
contactmusa:

Thanks for the correction. It is still available. Kindly call or WhatsApp me in 08053850764

Thanks for the response, boss. However, I will pass, as I would have preferred a 12v inverter. No strength to deal with battery imbalance issues... embarassed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:06am On Sep 12, 2021
OCTAVO:

You can get enough pictures of it online. Specs depends on the type you eventually buy. You can get more info from wilmaria.

Nice one. Any idea whether it is an hybrid (incorporating a charge controller function)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:43am On Sep 12, 2021
Personally I like segmentation that do not have a single point of failure. So your picture 2 is similar to what I have, one in use during the day, the other at night. Similar to someone having 2 generators.
What's the watt meter for? DC or AC loads?
The charge controller already has a meter if what you are trying to measure is the power generated.

isangjohnson:
[quote author=ojesymsym
Thanks for your advice.

Are those diagrams in order and which setup from the two is the best for southern weather?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for the response, boss. However, I will pass, as I would have preferred a 12v inverter. No strength to deal with battery imbalance issues... embarassed

Sticking with 12v also has its own limitation.....if you are running above 1kw I don't recommend a 12v system. You won't have much imbalance with single string of higher voltage else go LFP wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=ojesymsym.

Though the installation of 48v system in my case could be cheaper and also have the lowest current output (leaving my family and I with more voltage to play with) than 24v system, but the simple method of managing 2x230Ah instead of 4x230Ah always attract me to 24v setup.

Please, I'm still waiting for more opinions from people that have installed 4x200Ah tubular battery bank connected to two separate pv arrays with two CCs.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
ojesymsym:
If you must try this model, you should be thinking of North and South, West does not even come into the equation at all at any time of the year.

This is very wrong! Any time from 11am till 6pm, west is a very sweet spot to install panels. Give it a trial, u will SEE.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
West Where the sun finally sets towards evening?
Oshomo12:

This is very wrong! Any time from 11am till 6pm, west is a very sweet spot to install panels. Give it a trial, u will SEE.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
ojesymsym:

Somewhat correct, 11am to 6PM you will have harvest. Compared to 9 to 4pm

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alstacs(m): 3:15am On Sep 13, 2021
ojesymsym:

... And it is overhead from about 11 to 12. If your roof isn't steep to the west, you will enjoy nature from from about 10/11 till sunset
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:54am On Sep 13, 2021
Durable AC voltage stabilizers for sale!

RELAY WALL MOUNT MODEL:

- 5kva (regulates from 45vac) .... 77k
- 10kva (45vac) ..... 139k
- 15kva (45vac) ..... 174k
- 20kva (45vac) ..... 263k

SERVO MODEL:

- 5kva (100vac) ..... 110k
- 10kva (130vac) ... 154k
- 10kva (50vac) cabinet model .... 248k
- 15kva (100vac) cabinet model ... 254k
- 20kva (130vac) ...... 350k
- 20kva 3 phase ...... 450k
- 30kva (130vac) ..... 500k
- 30kva 3 phase ...... 710k
- 40kva 3 phase ..... 965k
- 50kva 3 phase ..... 1.165m
- 60kva 3 phase ...... 1.385m
- 100kva 3 phase .... 2.7m
- 150kva 3 phase .... 3.1m

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2021
isangjohnson:
Anyone that has TDS Meter should let me know.

Durable brand available .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2021
ojesymsym:

This is soooo wrongly wrong boss... The wrongness of this statement cannot be overemphasized!!! Lolzzz
On a lighter note...

For 4 years plus, my PV Array setup is split into two: East and West. Even with fridge, TV, fan ON, battery can still float around 6:10pm, depending on sun intensity of course. You can NEVER have that with South or North Orientation, irrespective of sun intensity

That Sunset charging is usually very advantageous...

I mostly split Arrays for clients into South and West; or East and West... Other times, I just allow everything on the south. But if I must split, West MUST be a consideration. In fact, I split because of that West Orientation; that sunset charging helps the battery a long way through the night. Only few times have I used South and North due to constraints

So, if you're going for single PV Array on one Orientation, definitely South is priority... If you're splitting into dual arrays, West Orientation is inevitable; i.e South & West or East & West.
Cheers

Edit: I see Oshomo12 and Dam5reey already reacted to that... Cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2021
isangjohnson:
[quote author=ojesymsym
Thanks for your advice.

If all batteries are same brand, same rating, same age, and same technology, just parallel them into one single 24V 400Ah bank

Two PV Arrays can charge same battery bank, as long as the system is properly designed.
I have two PV Arrays on a single 24V 400Ah battery bank with 2 sets of inverters connected to the battery bank.
The two PV Arrays ALWAYS charge at the same time.
You just have to know what you're doing

This HA02 matter has been tackled severally. It's your choice. Just make sure you install it as you're installing the batteries... Not later.
And if you're paralleling all 4 batteries, use on HA02, then link the midpoint of string one to the string two

MNSPD DC should be installed at the downstream of the PV array; at the Line side of the PV-CC Isolation Breaker
MNSPD AC should be installed at the line side of the Inverter AC Input Isolation Breaker.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2021
Does the roof type play a role here?
mcTrinity:

This is soooo wrongly wrong boss... The wrongness of this statement cannot be overemphasized!!! Lolzzz
On a lighter note...

For 4 years plus, my PV Array setup is split into two: East and West. Even with fridge, TV, fan ON, battery can still float around 6:10pm, depending on sun intensity of course. You can NEVER have that with South or North Orientation, irrespective of sun intensity

That Sunset charging is usually very advantageous...

I mostly split Arrays for clients into South and West; or East and West... Other times, I just allow everything on the south. But if I must split, West MUST be a consideration. In fact, I split because of that West Orientation; that sunset charging helps the battery a long way through the night. Only few times have I used South and North due to constraints

So, if you're going for single PV Array stream on one Orientation, definitely South is priority... If you're splitting, West Orientation is inevitable; i.e South & West.
Cheers

Edit: I see Oshomo12 and Dam5reey already reacted to that... Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:55am On Sep 13, 2021
Okay, roof type plays a role.
alstacs:

... And it is overhead from about 11 to 12. If your roof isn't steep to the west, you will enjoy nature from from about 10/11 till sunset

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Israelicc: 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
I think it is dependent on the orientation of your roof. If your roof has just two sides, that is south facing and North facing and you are located in the Northern hemisphere, you might want all your panels to be south facing.

If however, your roof has four sides, then it's best you explore more if I'm in the northern hemisphere. I would personally have panels facing east, west and south. This is simply because the sun is moving and I would like to capture as much of the sun's isolation as I can. The panels facing east capture the early sun, the west capture the sun afternoon / later afternoon, while the south facing would do some averaging.
This has worked for me and so many professional installers/ installs.

Oshomo12:

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
[quote author=mcTrinity

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
Has anyone here ever connected or linked solar power to his house gate/fence wire at night for security purpose?
How is it done please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (1689) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Amador1, Hero2t, dragnet, ksmart027(m), sintolord(m), misB, sirsholley(m), Olumighty123(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.