Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1090) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2062814 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:26am On Dec 06, 2021
mcTrinity:
Good evening house...

Anybody here with honest review on NXT INDEX battery? How reliable is it?

And any idea of the absorption and float voltage levels? Thanks

No idea the floating or absorption voltage levels of this battery, but there's a location I've seen these batteries for years, they just keep using it until there was a fire incidence (caused by AC) that burnt the location.

It was in operation for a good 4 years before the fire, no downtime whatsoever.

So I'll say it's a good battery grin

This my review get as e be o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 11:35am On Dec 06, 2021
Good morning Elders of this House.
I have been a silent observer here but l have been reading and reading all the wonderful contributions of the Pioneers of this thread and l have always been wowed. You have all taken what was just a hobby into another level and helped others to benefit from it.
After reading so many wonderful things here, la m convinced l will get the needed help from the good people on this thread.

I want to also benefit from Solar Power so l can run my household on Solar.
My observation is that Batteries are a huge draw back of most system l have read about here and so far, most elders have been recommending LifeP04 Cells. I checked around and cant find the Cells to buy except on websites like AliExpress.

But the Cost of Shipping, Clearing and buying in Small Units does not make it economical for an individual.
I have also read where a few people came together to buy a Pallet or Two or three and Ship together, which l think is a wonderful synergy and a show of the level of trust among these people. And l commend the initiator.

My Questions:
Are there people out there like me, who still want to buy LiFeP04 Cells RIGHT NOW?
Can we pull resources together and buy/import from China, like a group did recently?
Can the former Group help us in this regard?

I want others to please contribute.
I dont mind using my account to pay for the Order (I dont have a forex limit on how much l can spend from my Account because it is in a foreign bank), once we work out the rates.

Please, l want this to work as l an envious, in a positive way, of what the other group did.

Right now, the Sun is just causing Heat for me and l want my own pound of flesh, by using it to work on my AC's

Thank you Sirs

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2021
Yes. You can get Fangpusun BMV-702 which same with Victron BMV-702

ojesymsym:
Is there a Chinese (aliexpress) alternative to this?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
mctfopt:

No idea the floating or absorption voltage levels of this battery, but there's a location I've seen these batteries for years, they just keep using it until there was a fire incidence (caused by AC) that burnt the location.

It was in operation for a good 4 years before the fire, no downtime whatsoever.

So I'll say it's a good battery grin

This my review get as e be o grin grin

Hahaha.... Thanks for the review sir.

I've already gotten the data sheet from the supplier I'm getting the batteries from.

4 years is very okay and I believe it could do more years with proper management

I appreciate your feedback sir. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2021
mcTrinity:

I've already gotten the data sheet from the supplier I'm getting the batteries from.

4 years is very okay and I believe it could do more years with proper management

Index is a very good brand.Same quality as Fullriver!!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by guente02(m): 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
Finally joined y'all community.

My on-grid inverter setup.
1. 5KVA Glory M5000 HHS-48 Inverter
2. 2 24v Lithium-ion battery connected in series outputting 3.6kwh

I'm using this to power my 2400watts(running) load. The load comprises of
1. 1.5hp Hisense Inverter AC
2. 1.5hp Copper Inverter AC
3. 32inch LG Desktop Monitor
4. 1 MBP Laptop
5. 1 8kg Hisense WM
6. 1 215L LG Fridge
7. 1 standing fan

I plan on add 2 more battery by the new year to increase capacity.
I'd add panels when I move out of this apartment but for now IKDC stay taking me to the cleaners with their bills I'd be incurring charging this batteries.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
80w felicity all in one solar street light available, #115,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
5kva 48v felicity hybrid inverter (120A inbuilt MPPT Cc) available, #360,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
2000w All in One solar street available, #55,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
JD 150w All in one solar street light available, #55,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2021
150w DC iron available, #12,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
mcTrinity:

Did they state the number of cycles on the data sheet?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:13am On Dec 07, 2021
isangjohnson:
Because of time frame, I'm unable to get Hydrometer for tubular battery from Jumia.
Does anyone here have good one for sale?

Why not try any battery seller/charger around your area.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:02am On Dec 07, 2021
You mean this is your operating loads day in, day out or your run them efficiently to make longer backup time?

guente02:

I'm using this to power my 2400watts(running) load. The load comprises of
1. 1.5hp Hisense Inverter AC
2. 1.5hp Copper Inverter AC
3. 32inch LG Desktop Monitor
4. 1 MBP Laptop
5. 1 8kg Hisense WM
6. 1 215L LG Fridge
7. 1 standing fan
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2021
Hello house, please what are the differences between PMW and MPPT charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Opistorincos(m): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good afternoon house. Is there anyone currently using a locally built laptop powerbank? I need reviews cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good afternoon house. Pls who go help me with scrap charge controller like the one attached. I want to use the cover and sitting. Please help a broda out

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hero2t: 1:52pm On Dec 07, 2021
Opistorincos:
Good afternoon house. Is there anyone currently using a locally built laptop powerbank? I need reviews cool
Yes, I have one that I bought from someone I met here on Nairaland. Its 300Wh. I paired it with a solar panel and it lasted the whole day. Nowadays, I use it with an 18W DC fan and it lasts the whole night.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Opistorincos(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hero2t:

Yes, I have one that I bought from someone I met here on Nairaland. Its 300Wh. I paired it with a solar panel and it lasted the whole day. Nowadays, I use it with an 18W DC fan and it lasts the whole night.

Good afternoon boss, thanks a lot for your reply. I'll like to have your whatsapp number so I can discuss this with you extensively.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
idsolar:
Good afternoon house. Pls who go help me with scrap charge controller like the one attached. I want to use the cover and sitting. Please help a broda out

Is there any need for d cover?
Open it up and run a direct cord out and manipulate into bolt and nut.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=dollarnaipost=108292889]

Is there any need for d cover?
Open it up and run a direct cord out and manipulate into bolt and nut.[/quote

Chaii see pure corper brain. Thank u very much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
mctfopt:

Did they state the number of cycles on the data sheet?

Yeah... Kindly see the attached

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
mcTrinity:

600 cycles at 80% DOD is pretty impressive

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=Earthrealm.

I'll check it sir.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=idsolar post=108293919][/quote]
Ywc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by guente02(m): 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2021
olopan:
You mean this is your operating loads day in, day out or your run them efficiently to make longer backup time?

The latter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by guente02(m): 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2021
I have a 48v battery bank hooked to the inverter that charges it.
What charging current is the best for the specs I've attached?

Name:24V 150Ah LiFePO4 Battery
Rated voltage:24V
Standard capacity:150AH
Continiously use Input current:80A
Continiously use output current:80A
Charging voltage:80A
Cut-off:2.5V single cell
Depth of dischargeļ¼šUp to 95%
Cycle lifeļ¼šDischarge cycle 2000<1C/ Discharge cycle 4000<0.4C
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 12:42am On Dec 08, 2021
mcTrinity:

This is more than impressive for a LA battery.Its contemporary usually have 700 cycles at 50% DOD
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sethtsadopp: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2021
olopan:
Hi,

I will send you a DM via your Nairaland email, kindly respond.

I can see the prompt on nairaland but didn't see the email. Kindly email me on babatsadopp@gmail.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:11am On Dec 08, 2021
[s]
Dam5reey:
Neatly used
24V, 2.4KW Hybrid MPPT 25A, 102VOC, 1000w PV input
Still available

[/s]

Sold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2021
Thanks for your response. However, Fangpusun BMV-702 is not turning up when searched on aliexpress.
ebocoms:
Yes. You can get Fangpusun BMV-702 which same with Victron BMV-702

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2021
ojesymsym:
Thanks for your response. However, Fangpusun BMV-702 is not turning up when searched on aliexpress.
u may have to contact @JUO. he markets it. www.nairaland.com/JUO

(1) (2) (3) ... (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m), ksmart027(m), genius43(m), Xanderone, Emmypam(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.