Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2070447 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:30am On Jan 24, 2022
Valto:
not true as most of the so called used Canadian panels are pasted stickers.

Especially the ones that are "made in Canada"

grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:38am On Jan 24, 2022
temmyt20:
As advised by some nairalanders, I also got a small dc voltmeter. Please what is the(i don forget the term) least my battery should get to?

Stay within the green zone... Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:53am On Jan 24, 2022
Some of us only follow online videos without properly testing the said fact whether it real,true or false. Dont follow everything said here blindly including mine grin confirm! confirm!! confirm!!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2022
mcTrinity:

Especially the ones that are "made in Canada"

grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin. small small make the resident marketer no catch you oo.. just like someone here, is marketing a confirmed 200w panel as used 300w. guess it has been upgraded via sticker. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
Happy new week to you all, we wish you the best in your week

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
Valto:
grin grin grin grin. small small make the resident marketer no catch you oo.. just like someone here, is marketing a confirmed 200w panel as used 300w. guess it has been upgraded via sticker. cheesy

But truth be told
I feel most ppu can notice a "pasted false sticker" unless dey don't want to or do not want to quickly make use Google to double check a fake one.
The day i saw fake yingli sticker from afar it was obvious from printing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
dollarnaira:

But truth be told
I feel most ppu can notice a "pasted false sticker" unless dey don't want to or do not want to quickly make use Google to double check a fake one.
it depends on the type used, some fake sticker might look even more original than real one.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
ONLINE DELIVERY OF RENEWABLE ENERGY MATERIALS

GROWATT INVERTER

3KVA /24V ₦240,000
5KVA/48V ₦350,000

ACCESSORIES

PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 15A N7,000
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 25A N9,000
BATTERY VOLTMETER INDICATOR ------------------#1,700

INSTALLATION KITS
L.FOOT N1,000 (MINIMUM ORDER 10 PIECES)
MID CLAMP N1,000 (MINIMUM ORDER 10 PIECES)
END CLAMP N1,000 (MINIMUM ORDER 10 PIECES)

INVERTER
KARTEL INVERTER WALL MOUNTED SERIES
2.5kva/24v- N165,000
3.5kva/24v – N210,000

KARTEL INVERTER TOWER SERIES
2.5kva/24v- N175,000
3.5kva/24v – N230,000

EASTMAN INVERTER
2.2kva/24v N135,000

MPOWER INVERTER
2.2kva/24v N137,000

MICROTECK INVERTER
2.3kva/24v N140,000

PRAG. INVERTER
2.5kva/24v- N210,000

KARTEL MPPT
12/2460A N95,000

BATTERY RACK

BATTERY RACK 2 BATTERY N 20,000

TUBULAR BATTERY
TUBULAR BATTERY (ORDINARY MONTHS WARRANTY)

SUNRISE 12V/220AH N 145,000
M POWER 12V/220AH N 145,000
EASTMAN 12V/220AH N145,000

ERA SOLAR PANEL

ERA SOLAR 300WATT MONO – N77,000
ERA SOLAR 330WATT MONO – N86,000
ERA SOLAR 370WATT MONO – N95,000
ERA SOLAR 400 WATT MONO – N98,000
ERA SOLAR 450 WATT MONO – N105,000

Call-07058562938 Bright Energy

WHATSSAP 08187995847
FOR PURCHASE/ DELIVERY /INSTALLATION NATIONWIDE
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
Valto:
it depends on the type used, some fake sticker might look even more original than real one.

The it has finished !!!
Na enter Market in the afternoon with cc and battery to check spec grin grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
chris81964:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFBmj2gZAwk
Am I being taken or played?

cheesy grin

Na facility manager dey perform magic, or so it seems. Diesel supply has been reduced and bọ̀bọ́'s illegal side hussle don dey affected. So the next thing na to sabotage. Lol. I'm just laughing like crazy here.

Oga Chris, the table you're shaking, na the manager dey on top the table ò.

Just hope that the next time you'll be called, it is not to be informed that the whole set up don explode. The guy may be seriously thinking to commit arson as a way to getting his diesel supply runz back in total control.

E fit just wake up one day, pour petrol inside the inverter come garnish am with match grin

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by codeME: 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
hello Gurus,
Someone need very good setup, with the most reliable batteries and panels, what are the best options for the person, someone spoke about Victron! please let me know so i can inform him, he said he prefer a standard supplier with an office. i am sure finance may not be an issue with him. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
dollarnaira:

The it has finished !!!
Na enter Market in the afternoon with cc and battery to check spec grin grin grin grin

With CC and battery kwa? cheesy on top say person wan buy solar panel.

Who go come help una carry the panel hol for the direction of the sun? grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
ceaser:

With CC and battery kwa? cheesy on top say person wan buy solar panel.

Who go come help una carry the panel hol for the direction of the sun? grin

Bros d matter tire me o.
Fake plenty pass original.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
ceaser:

That is just a wicked thought.

cheesy grin

Na facility manager dey perform magic, or so it seems. Diesel supply has been reduced and bọ̀bọ́'s illegal side hussle don dey affected. So the next thing na to sabotage. Lol. I'm just laughing like crazy here.

Oga Chris, the table you're shaking, na the manager dey on top the table ò.

Just hope that the next time you'll be called, it is not to be informed that the whole set up don explode. The guy may be seriously thinking to commit arson as a way to getting his diesel supply runz back in total control.

E fit just wake up one day, pour petrol inside the inverter come garnish am with match grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isnigeriadead: 7:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
Valto:

Do they even have confirm shop to market confirm 200w as 300w. They will tell u short 300w dey or tall one u wan buy. See baah we know them. grin grin grin

Even at that, I can say with little remorse that 90% of solar PVs in Nigeria open market space are not original and are also over rated. You will soon see traces of that after 3 to 4 years of use.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Brand new 50A & 60A lithium battery fast charger (adjustable from 2.6v to 15v) available for sale @ 55k and 62k respectively.
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
A few are easy to spot but most of them are not.
If you check alibaba, you will find the stickers available for sale. Very good quality stickers. Some of these Chinese turn my stomach

dollarnaira:

But truth be told

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
Trying to decide between the following:
1. A conventional psw inverter + separate mppt charge controller
2. A hybrid inverter with built-in mppt charge controller

Read a little about the advantages and disadvantages of TL inverters. What stood out for me was talk of being more susceptible to surge issues.

For those who have experience with these inverters, pls what are the practical issues I could face using a hybrid, and how could I mitigate against these issues?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
odimbannamdi:
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller available
Price: 53,500 firm

1000W EASun Transformerless Inverter (no charging function). Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup. Actual/Continuous power is 500w. Peak power is 1000w. Idle watt consumption is 7w. Has protection against overload and surges from sparks

Price: 27,000 firm

DC meter to provide 360-view of the vitals of your inverter system. It comes with 200A shunt.

Price: 12,000 firm

Still available

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Thunderbolt:
Trying to decide between the following:
1. A conventional psw inverter + separate mppt charge controller
2. A hybrid inverter with built-in mppt charge controller

Read a little about the advantages and disadvantages of TL inverters. What stood out for me was talk of being more susceptible to surge issues.

For those who have experience with these inverters, pls what are the practical issues I could face using a hybrid, and how could I mitigate against these issues?

Thanks

Any disadvantage you have with Stand alone apply to Hybrid..

I asked an installer same question sometimes ago.. he said if Charge controller fails or Inverter fails you can continue to use one of them..

I was not convinced, I went for Hybrid.. because of Priority settings, Inverter charge from same source, Ease of installation.. less cable losses.. somewhat cheaper..

Reason most also go for Stand alone was that, then External CC was more efficient.. compared to inbuilt PWM on Hybrid, But Hybrid already catch up with inbuilt MPPT even offer High VOC input..

As it stands Hybrid is the first choice..

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
After carefully gone through your post, I noticed that you are just about having power and durability & not other key features - i could be wrong but the advantage of getting a good hybrid is getting more interesting daily when compare with standalone

I don't understand your comment about surge, it is not so clear, experience with axpert-Voltronic & Growatt neither of this inverters have had it's inverting side broken before ..... Even when one was struck by lightning.

1.The most common problems noticed with Growatt is the charge controller breaking down in few cases or fan stop working - fix for TL inverter blow away dust regularly

2. Some reports have it that mosfets get blown and maybe board replacement due to
I. Surge from lightning - fix install genuine SPD
II. Over load of inverter - fix carefully size your breaker not to your inverter size but rather load size

Thunderbolt:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
Thunderbolt:
If you check alibaba, you will find the stickers available for sale. Very good quality stickers. Some of these Chinese turn my stomach

Mouth sealed.
This is shocking!!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
Victron is one of the good world known brand that delivers but with victron you simply need to match ot with top notch equipment too, which can quickly make project cost to rise

Their are other options like DEYE inverter, axpert, voltronic, phocos Hybrid inverter that's offers close to victron functionality like remote monitoring and more

Solar panels like Canadian solar, Yingli, ERA, Jinko, JA and more that guarantees energy harvest that satisfy his energy needs

Lithium battery are fast becoming a trend in RE & Since moni no be problem then brands like LG CHEM , pylontech, BYD and more that will ensure that he gets enough ROI on his install

In summary: To better decide what's best for him getting a reputable company to give a comparison quote between victron a standalone system & an Hybrid Inverter then the choice is let to your contact.

If you need more clarification, kindly reach out via contact on signature.

codeME:
hello Gurus,
Someone need very good setup, with the most reliable batteries and panels, what are the best options for the person, someone spoke about Victron! please let me know so i can inform him, he said he prefer a standard supplier with an office. i am sure finance may not be an issue with him. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2022
Thunderbolt:

Haaaa! angry angry angry
Chinese don kill us finish or are we just the ones trying to defraud ourselves because Chinese wont ever do such in their own country/ undecided

Thank you for blowing the Whistle.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:56am On Jan 25, 2022
smallsmall:

Haaaa! angry angry angry
Chinese don kill us finish or are we just the ones trying to defraud ourselves because Chinese wont ever do such in their own country/ undecided

Thank you for blowing the Whistle.

China will sell you anything you want. grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
chris81964:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFBmj2gZAwk
Am I being taken or played?
it is obvious that someone is tampering with the installation, call for a CCTV with a good night vision to be installed ...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by myrax7(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
I need contact of a trusted solar panel, battery and charge controller supplier.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
myrax7:
I need contact of a trusted solar panel, battery and charge controller supplier.

Hello, I have steady supply of 60A Powrmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller, and my price is the cheapest here in Nigeria... grin...this is because I believe one doesn't have to break the bank before getting access to sunlight energy. It is more like a social cause for me... cheesy...we can also deliver to you within 24 hours.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2022
kindly reach out via contact on signature or post it here so you can have a competitive pricing

myrax7:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:16am On Jan 26, 2022
dollarnaira:

Mouth sealed.
This is shocking!!!

My own mouth was actually agape. Not that I don't know that the Chinese can counterfeit absolutely anything, but seeing a Canadian solar sticker for easy buy like this is shocking. I can just imagine bundles of the sticker that dealers in Nigeria must have in stock.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:21am On Jan 26, 2022
I have a 300A DC shunt meter hooked to a system. So I bumped across another hall sensor DC meter with wireless capability of about 10m (6 meters real scenario) and TTL functions which may prove useful in programming and subsequent remote monitoring. It also has programming for 5 scenarios LVD (Low voltage disconnect), OCP and OVP. More so the hall sensor meters ensure minimal wire connections unlike the Shunt meters. So I installed it about 72hrs ago.

But mhen, it's like the new meter is just misbehaving seriously. The consumption measurement isn't accurate at all. I'm still troubleshooting it though, maybe interference is taking its toll on the hall sensor because it (the hall sensor) is installed close to the CC, being the only pisition it can go into.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: kristien4(m), Dharyhor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.