Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2090973 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (1708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 1:02am On Oct 07, 2015
@kiekie,
@coogumo,
@abunafiu,
@Imo Nkweini,
@House,

Appreciate your responses and contributions to this question. God bless you all.

I had changed all the cables a month ago, to a new set of 50mm cables, all same size, shorter, about 25cm long. (See attached picture).

I had considered replacing the Inverter with another 3- or 4-stage kind of Inverter with 50A-60A charging current, but what would be done to the Indian Inverter?

So, an option that can be conveniently presented to my Pastor is that of adding an external charger (4-stage preferably).

What brand of this charger is readily available and functional?

Thank you. [/quote]

Your best option is to replace the Inverter with a better one.
The cost of adding a smart charger is almost the cost of another inverter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Pharyn:

@kiekie,
@coogumo,
@abunafiu,
@Imo Nkweini,
@House,

Appreciate your responses and contributions to this question. God bless you all.

I had changed all the cables a month ago, to a new set of 50mm cables, all same size, shorter, about 25cm long. (See attached picture).

I had considered replacing the Inverter with another 3- or 4-stage kind of Inverter with 50A-60A charging current, but what would be done to the Indian Inverter?

So, an option that can be conveniently presented to my Pastor is that of adding an external charger (4-stage preferably).

Thank you.

DISCARD the plan of getting a smart 4 stage charger...simply buy a new inverter that has upto 50amps or more charging curent.
the prag 4kw inverter comes to mind...about 138k or so

http://www.buyright.biz/index.php?module=product&event=viewdetail&pid=143
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Pharyn:

@kiekie,
@coogumo,
@abunafiu,
@Imo Nkweini,
@House,

Thank you.

There is no user name on nairaland like 'Imo Nkweini' so take serious not of these next time.

For your request, replace the inverter with some other one that can handle flooded battery management as suggested.

You can buy the PRAG 4kVA as suggested by earthrealm or go for something professional like Magnum MS4348PE if you are not constrained by cost.

But note: you won't get PRAG 4KW for 138k as suggested by earthrealm. I'm sure he meant to say 4kVA. 4kW is 210k.

N/B:
We still re-sale for buyright.
You Can Contact us for discounts (up to 20%) on all PRAG products

Our contacts still remains:
Phone/WhatsApp: 08023033135/08182218868
email: contact@pbasesolar.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Pharyn:

@kiekie,
@coogumo,
@abunafiu,
@Imo Nkweini,
@House,

Thank you.

Its best you opt in for an affordable & rugged 3kw or 4kw pure sine wave inverter .. Contact me freely for MUST POWER brands ... If prag is on the high side for you, go for same quality like POWER STAR INVERTER
3kw"4kva" 24v =120k
4kw 24v/48v =140k
5kw 24v/48v =160k

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
1kw PV

@pharyn, the pros have spoken, MUST or Prag would work.

Also note that additional charger could be a little complicated if a techy person is not always around.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
pharynx,
one of the biggest shortcomings of so-called stand alone chargers is that they are optimised for
charging of lead acid or automobile batteries. the 'smart' label is mostly just thrown in for marketing
purposes. from personal causal reasoning, the worst inverter with basic charging algorithm is better than
the best 'smart' stand alone charger.
those batteries already suffered enough. please don't add to their misery by installing a glorified automotive
battery charger.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pharyn(m): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
@Everyone,

Thanks for your contribution.

I would take to the PRO advice.

And would place functionality above price when presenting it to the client.

@richmond, noted Sir!
Thanks Everyone.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hisenjos: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Update!
My Saga continues
We were immediately able to a replacement equipment -Sunny Minicentral from another source for the project.
Now the problem is that Richmond has refused to refund my excess funds over 150k with him.
Says he has to sell the equipment first -the one he refused to release to me or that he may refund my money on "humanitarian grounds"
It has been 30 days now and counting.
He is not responding to my messages either.
Like I said, one of my worst business experiences.

hisenjos:
Has Anybody had a bad experience with Richmond. Just did 16m transaction and d guy is holding on to a 500k equipment for a balance of 300k which I promised to settle at d end of d day.
Meanwhile I sent 10m to him for over 2 months without meeting him. Business trust must flow both ways. Learnt my lesson. Just disappointed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Judejibs: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
Inverters have over the years become a household name, with many people clamoring for one to be installed for them. Inverters generally used in renewable energy systems change the DC (direct current) energy from 12, 24, 48 VDC (batteries) to 240 VAC AC (alternating current) for use in residential, industrial, institutions or commercial applications. A wide range of inverters are marketed and the model that should be selected is truly dependent on the application.
Apart from the technology different manufacturers use to change this DC to AC current,before selecting an inverter bear in mind the following: inverters can be broken down into two main categories – modified sine wave and pure sine wave inverters.

1.The output voltage wave of a pure sine wave is with very low harmonic distortion and clean power like standard utility supplied electricity (PHCN). In practical terms, Modified Sine Wave Inverters will power most appliance and tools but not the sensitive appliances while Pure Sine Wave Inverters offer electricity much like mains or utility power and are required for sensitive electronic and electrical items.

Apart from the wave form produced by the inverter, the second significant difference for users of inverters in renewable or autonomous power systems to consider is whether the inverter includes an automatic, built-in battery charger. These inverter/chargers are typical of back-up power systems where conventional grid power or a back-up generator operates in parallel with an inverter to power devices in the event of a power failure.
Power rating
The power that inverter can deliver is the basis of comparison since it is the main criteria for choosing an inverter. Inverters are generally sized according to the power they can deliver, often expressed as “watts” their specifications may also be shown in Volt-Amps (VA). This is the result of the product between the voltage (in volts) and the amperage or current (in amps).
The unit of measurement to compare the real or usable power of an inverter is the Watt. Power (Watts) = Apparent Power (VA) x Power Factor. It is necessary to know the power factor of the inverter or the efficiency of the inverter. This value between zero and one can be found in the specifications or technical data of each inverter.
Another factor is the charger: Inverters without built-in battery chargers are often used in systems that already have an external battery charger or they may use a solar, wind or microhydro system for battery charging. Inverters in this category typically range in output size of between 75 watts and 3000 watts and are used in light duty applications. In other words, unless that inverter you’re buying is named Inverter/Charger then know you are just buying an inverter system without an industrial charger and your battery will probably suffer and not last. For any advice contact me on 080-30675746. im also on watsapp.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
@ Judejibs - Too long angry
@ Coogumo - Guy i need your help, requesting radio contact...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=Barezzi post=38791202]@ Judejibs - Too long angry
@ Coogumo - Guy i need your help, requesting radio contact...[t/quote]

You can reach me on 0803-260-2629
WhatsApp +19732041296
www.solardepotng.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by donmajor2: 12:09am On Oct 09, 2015
What a great thread! After following this thread for quite some time now, I am glad to begin with a humble entrance into the renewable energy world.

Many thanks to Sir Frankie(Kiekie) shocked for his prompt delivery of Two 12V Trojan batteries and 2KVA Voltron pure sine wave inverter to my doorstep in Benin City.

Special thanks to all the gurus in the house as you make time to respond to virtually all the questions from the newbies like me. I will appreciate your mentoring as I sojourn the solar way.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:02am On Oct 09, 2015
donmajor2:
What a great thread! After following this thread for quite some time now, I am glad to begin with a humble entrance into the renewable energy world.

Many thanks to Sir Frankie(Kiekie) shocked for his prompt delivery of Two 12V Trojan batteries and 2KVA Voltron pure sine wave inverter to my doorstep in Benin City.

Special thanks to all the gurus in the house as you make time to respond to virtually all the questions from the newbies like me. I will appreciate your mentoring as I sojourn the solar way.

welcome bro . you have done well. more grease.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2015
so the voltron inverter can charge and equalize the trojan flooded batteries?

donmajor2:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
earthrealm:
so the voltron inverter can charge and equalize the trojan flooded batteries?

Yes, has selector for different batteries. But the voltages are not accurately calibrated
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
donmajor2:

Thanks Sir, I humbly await more transactions from you....!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hurry While Stock Last !!!

CSUN 280w MONO PANELS "Made in Turkey".. .
VOC: 38.7v
Isc: 9.21a
VMP: 31.5v
Imp: 8.99a

www.csun-solar.com
Limited quantity in stock...60k only

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pharyn(m): 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
Anybody with TS-MPPT-60 plus its remote in stock?

Contact/send your quote to 090 999 88 77 0.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pharyn:

Thanks.
If you ever need an iTracer 60A and outback Flexmaxx80-80A

Please contact me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by donmajor2: 6:32am On Oct 14, 2015
kiekie1:

Thanks Sir, I humbly await more transactions from you....!
Yes o, Oga Frankie The transactions continue. The 10KVA Servo Stab is being installed now. By God's grace, more to come. Regards!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2015
donmajor2:

Yes o, Oga Frankie The transactions continue. The 10KVA Servo Stab is being installed now. By God's grace, more to come. Regards!

I appreciate your patronage all the way from Benin city Sir... Remain blessed!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2015
Pharyn:

Thanks.

Simply contact me for the remote cos I presently have it in stock . Just placed an order for TS-MPPT-60 today strictly on request due to current exchange rate(7-10 days max arrival time from the USA). #Note: Flexmax 80,midnite classic and ep solar 60a mppt all in stock for urgent installation sake!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hey guys, I am selling my 12/24v tracer mppt charge controller with remote sensor, 20 amps

I got the wrong size and need to sell it. Getting a bigger one for more rooms.

It's brand new and going for 20k for the controller and an extra 5k for the remote sensor which I think is an awesome deal for a new device.

pics below

You can reach me in Lagos at 0817-194-2851

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
more pics

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
yhello.
am just curious, has any1 ever tested the difference btw mppt and pwm charge controllers...i observed that the price diff btw them is 40 to 60k.
am wondering if mpppt is worth the hype?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2015
RipVanWink:
yhello.
am just curious, has any1 ever tested the difference btw mppt and pwm charge controllers...i observed that the price diff btw them is 40 to 60k.
am wondering if mpppt is worth the hype?

Yes, I have. I started off with a PWM (a 30A Phocus) and later moved over to Etracer MPPT. I currently have both a Midnite Classic 150 and Outback FM80. You really wont start experiencing the joy of having solar until you have an MPPT charge controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
pls explain further...what was ur harvest when using pwm, and using mppt?
i know mppt is beta...just want to be sure the extra cost is really really worth it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2015
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @50k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings Etc
1kw 12v =50k
1.5kw 12v =60k
2kw 12v =75k
2kw 24v =75k
3kw"4kva" 24v =120k
4kw 24v/48v =140k
5kw 24v/48v =160k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=210k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
@kiekie, u don come again, thought the epsolar 60 mppt charge controller is out of stock? shocked
shocked
confirm if you dont....or still do hv dem in stock
@house who can supply morning star 45amp mppt or ep solar 60amp mppt at competitive prices?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
earthrealm:
@kiekie, u don come again, thought the epsolar 60 mppt charge controller is out of stock?

confirm if you dont....or still do
@house who can supply morning star 45amp mppt or ep solar 60amp mppt at competitive prices?

You do call if you seriously need an item , why presuming its finished? I have EP SOLAR 60a mppt in limited qty dear..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:18am On Oct 20, 2015
For those who don't believe Chinese cc can equalize, here's the proof

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (1708) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Graphene(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.