Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2129535 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (1734) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 10:54am On May 16
Sapiosexuality:
4 x 555 watts panels. And the distance is about 20 metres
Ur panels sud be joined in series cos of ur Inverter type and that wud keep ur amps same. I'd pick a 6mm for ease of expansion/upgrade later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:13am On May 16
Dam5reey:

seems you consulted a Kazeem, using Size of panel to determine the cable size. grin

Cable are sized based on VMP, IMP and distance.
Lol. It wasn't him who said that though but one of his boys but their boss said 10mm is what I need. Maybe it's because of the distance. About 25 meters to the inverter location.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:16am On May 16
Drgreatone:

Ur panels sud be joined in series cos of ur Inverter type and that wud keep ur amps same. I'd pick a 6mm for ease of expansion/upgrade later
The distance is 25m. Won't that be a problem?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 11:39am On May 16
jonescosmos:

Please I need your capacity test result on the Blue Carbon 15KWh batteries. I would also suggest you don't run it for too long before attaching the second unit. Because of INTERNAL RESISITANCE wahala.

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:06pm On May 16
twinskenny:

Ogami e Dey enter my eyes

Bring Moni na grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 12:10pm On May 16
This is a high voltage inverter, as such all the panels should be connected in series.

A 4mm² cable is ok (at most 6mm²) the 10mm² is unnecessary.

Sapiosexuality:
High or Low? Attached is a photo of the specifications. And I'm yet to connect the panels so can't tell if it will be series or parallel.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 12:12pm On May 16
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks Boss.

mctfopt:

Checked mine and saw 1456kwh.

Didn't know I've joined the MWh peeps.

Congratulations
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:02pm On May 16
jonescosmos:

You will loose more with more cross-section in relation to distance bro.

Do this when you have the time: Get a 12V Okada Battery, cut a 30 meters of 4mm PV cable, use it to power a 12V Okada bulb. Do same for a 10mm cable, same length, Use a lumen tester or use your eyes to test the brightness of the bulb, come back and tell us with which of the cables was the bult brighter.

I did this experiment months ago.
I used an app to measure the lumen.
Ethernet cable vs regular flexible speak wire.
Difference was clear as I did roughly 4yrd (3.6m). Cable size and type matter. However, good cable goes beyond large bristles, quality matters too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:11pm On May 16
Ferdiwar:
This is a high voltage inverter, as such all the panels should be connected in series.

A 4mm² cable is ok (at most 6mm²) the 10mm² is unnecessary.

Thanks. I'd be going with 6mm². But in what situation can one use 10mm²?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 1:26pm On May 16
Sapiosexuality:
Thanks. I'd be going with 6mm². But in what situation can one use 10mm²?

Gone are those days when the only option was PWM controllers where more current is pushed, also going are those 100V Charge controller limits. where you need more current around 30A hence you need thicker cable.

An advantage to Hybrid with High Voc PV input is saving the cost of cabling compared to low VOC or PWM controllers.
In essence, the knowledge you are seeking is of the past, High VOC input requires less current usually under 20A

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:46pm On May 16
3 worst companies to buy solar products from in Nigeria in 2024!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=KreZBmvkRDt8SGG&v=nluB9qJpP5M&feature=youtu.be

This might help someone.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 3:53pm On May 16
Dam5reey:

Gone are those days when the only option was PWM controllers where more current is pushed, also going are those 100V Charge controller limits. where you need more current around 30A hence you need thicker cable.

An advantage to Hybrid with High Voc PV input is saving the cost of cabling compared to low VOC or PWM controllers.
In essence, the knowledge you are seeking is of the past, High VOC input requires less current usually under 20A

You are right. Since he will be connecting all in series, his imp might not even be up to 14amps. So 4mm² is his best bet.

@Sapiosexuality You can check the image below for your likely voltage drop.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 4:43pm On May 16
R = (ρL) / A

dollarnaira:

I did this experiment months ago.
I used an app to measure the lumen.
Ethernet cable vs regular flexible speak wire.
Difference was clear as I did roughly 4yrd (3.6m). Cable size and type matter. However, good cable goes beyond large bristles, quality matters too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 4:49pm On May 16
TechGeek777:

This might help someone.

You're better off not listening to this guy (if it's not you lol grin grin)
Same guy that said MPPTs are waste of money and PWMs do exactly the same thing as MPPTs;
He didn't even understand the physics behind excess voltage conversion and said it was a marketing scam.
Run ooooo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 4:58pm On May 16
QuoteJust1nce:

Same guy that said MPPTs are waste of money and PWMs do exactly the same thing as MPPTs;
He didn't even understand the physics behind excess voltage conversion and said it was a marketing scam.
Run ooooo!!!!
i never ever rate that guy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:01pm On May 16
QuoteJust1nce:

Run ooooo!!!!

Na dunce.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 5:37pm On May 16
HeavenlyBang:

Na dunce.

Annoying, he calls himself the solar "god". grin grin
They were correcting him and he was still arguing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 7:54pm On May 16
Sapiosexuality:
High or Low? Attached is a photo of the specifications. And I'm yet to connect the panels so can't tell if it will be series or parallel.

Definitely High Voltage. Your PV Breaker and Fuse should be rated 16A 500V DC and your PV Cable should be 4mm MAX

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:10pm On May 16
TechGeek777:

This might help someone.

What the guy is saying is the truth, i have personally been burnt , by one of those dealers infact the number one he mentioned.

These alaba dealers are terrible, i bought an inverter from him, i requested for the inverter after sale service center, he told me if anything happens within the warranty period bring it back to him for free repair. Under 2 months inverter failed, took it him , 6 months later no inverter.

Waiting for parts story started , he will pretend has if he is on a call to china requesting for your parts.

I later found out the repair center actually are his boys at the back of his shop.
What they do is wait for customers to bring in their inverter , now you that just brought your inverter in today will be placed on a waiting list, the parts from your inverter brought in today will be used to repair another customer inverter brought in months before yours. The cycle will continue like that. The union in alaba is the most useless of all, go an complain about any dealer they will turn around and support their own....

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:27pm On May 16
samnaija:

What the guy is saying is the truth, i have personally been burnt , by one of those dealers infact the number one he mentioned.

These alaba dealers are terrible, i bought an inverter from him, i requested for the inverter after sale service center, he told me if anything happens within the warranty period bring it back to him for free repair. Under 2 months inverter failed, took it him , 6 months later no inverter.

Waiting for parts story started , he will pretend has if he is on a call to china requesting for your parts.

I later found out the repair center actually are his boys at the back of his shop.
What they do is wait for customers to bring in their inverter , now you that just brought your inverter in today will be placed on a waiting list, the parts from your inverter brought in today will be used to repair another customer inverter brought in months before yours. The cycle will continue like that. The union in alaba is the most useless of all, go an complain about any dealer they will turn around and support their own....

Nawa.

I rather buy inverter from direct dealer or seller from here e.g. Zeestone99 than buy from Alaba.

The above is likely to resolve issues just to protect their names.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 9:31pm On May 16
jonescosmos:

10mm PV Cables for such a small unit? Honestly? Why do this?. You will loos energy bro.
The most practical wire for solar panels is PV1-F 750V-1000V Anti-Stretch Shielded Outdoor solar cable, this cable is most common in 4mm2 and 6mm2. A very rough rule of thumb is for arrays of less than 20A can use 4mm2, and 20A or larger should use 6mm2. If a larger size is required, it is recommended to run twice from the array to the solar controller.

Irrespective of the length?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:08pm On May 16
swagifted:
like maintenance and servicing?

The whole gamut.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:19pm On May 16
jonescosmos:

Definitely High Voltage. Your PV Breaker and Fuse should be rated 16A 500V DC and your PV Cable should be 4mm MAX
Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:33am On May 17
Chikach:
Good day house please i need a recommendation for a good brand new solar panel brand of 400-450w. Jinko and the co are too bulky to install on a 2 story building. Thanks
What do you mean by bulky?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 1:04am On May 17
Trippledots:

The whole gamut.
where exactly chairman, are you guys present in abuja?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:57am On May 17
ojeysky:
280AH brand new Eve lifepo4 cells @140k(minimum 8 units but can give discount if buying bulk)
320A peak and 300A peak ANT smart BMS also available 120k and 100k each respectively

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:11am On May 17
swagifted:
where exactly chairman, are you guys present in abuja?

We are in Lagos. Here is one of our projects about to launch in Kano.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:00am On May 17
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ayo1984: 9:14am On May 17
Please house how reliable is xtrapower mppt solar charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 10:15am On May 17
Greetings great minds

I have this small set up of 160 watt panel to 100amps battery on my farm for lightening

I want to ask if it's safe to add an 100 watt panel to the 160 watt panel, both are 12v or I get another 200 watt to complement the 160watt for quick charge

The 100 watt has been idle on the farm for a while
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 10:45am On May 17
Trippledots:

no be lie, apparently , the changan electric hatchback is also widely used as taxi in borno state.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 10:46am On May 17
Trippledots:

sterling bank hand de dis thing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (1734) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: bbally, LordAdam16, HeavenlyBang(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.