Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058816 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2022
yes, from a furniture paint store

Not sure how many years with solar but my experience in furniture says like 5 years and above but with constant sun bathing two years routine maintenance should keep it going

durodee:

Lacquer polish can be obtained from a paint shop ,right?
For how many years will that give the panels?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 10:09am On Jun 10, 2022
durodee:
The cracks are web- like and fine. Some places the glass had turned opaque

It will work bro

Just like mine

Get a big transparent celotape( nylon ) and tape all over. It will work bro.

U can even use cling film on it too along with d tape.

Pay attention too to the borders where water will run through.

But bro I need cracked pv ooo grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kokomo: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2022
GeorgeD1:

i have a tristar mppt 45a. check your chat in case interested.

Hi i have not received a chat from you yet, how can I get the MPPt I am interested
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kokomo: 10:24am On Jun 10, 2022
my Fangpusun charge controller was disabled by victron after I connected to their bluetooth app, please who knows a way around fixing this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2022
IYGEAL:
SMK 24V 3KW HYBRID INVERTER FOR SALE

Specs: (see also the attached photo)

24V DC (compatible with lithium batteries)

3.5KVA output power

4000Watts MPPT Charge Controller

Adjustable charging parameters

120 - 500 High MPPT Voltage Range

100A AC charging current

Price: N180,000

Available

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:13am On Jun 10, 2022
Moneyboyz:

How many watt is it rated for, I need 60v 1500 to 2000 watts. I messed it up, it didn't spoil same day, it failed after 5 days or so. I thought the controller is waterproof.

I have placed an order for it.

The controller is specially rated to match with your ebike's motor and other features. So check your old ebike's controller and buy accordingly.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

It will work bro

Just like mine

Get a big transparent celotape( nylon ) and tape all over. It will work bro.

U can even use cling film on it too along with d tape.

Pay attention too to the borders where water will run through.

But bro I need cracked pv ooo grin grin

My neighbour tried this some years ago, but wait till the sun messes up the transparent tape. Your PV surface will be looking as scaly as a crocodile's skin.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2022
mctfopt:

My neighbour tried this some years ago, but wait till the sun messes up the transparent tape. Your PV surface will be looking as scaly as a crocodile's skin.

Very correct though.

It depends on number of times such is wrapped over.

Well, mine is within reach just on a fence, so as e turn to crocodile skin, i go peel off den wrap up again. grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
durodee:
Any specific make or brand name?
Is it worth it to buy such panels and what value /percentage of original price?

Its a huge gamble buying such panels, from what happened to mine after the repair...would only consider buying such panels at 10% or max 15% of cost price of new panel. as per brands, i bought the chemical off amazon, after reading reviews...cant remember that exact brand...but the repaired panel failed permanently within 1yr

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=polyurethane&crid=IBSZY0LTIMNQ&sprefix=polyurethan%2Caps%2C661&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kokomo:
my Fangpusun charge controller was disabled by victron after I connected to their bluetooth app, please who knows a way around fixing this

victron an baba grin grin, their war with fangpusun no start today..they also have a slow irreversible death bug, once you make the mistake of attempting to update your fangpusun...its gone grin grin grin.

sry I have no good news for you, try and save some money and buy powmr cc, cheap and gets the job done, its just 1 or 2 steps below fangpusun

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
durodee:
The cracks are web- like and fine. Some places the glass had turned opaque
lucky you, was able to unearth the pics from google photos...this was in 2019

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
earthrealm:

This is a liquid version of nylon.

The most important thing here is protecting d pv from water at most. Though I will only buy cracked pv at extremely cheap price.

Bought 2 pieces of cracked acclaimed 350w pv at a very ridiculous price. Both working though at its own pace parallel with another single normal pv of 190w all producing 22amp max
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2022
earthrealm:

victron an baba grin grin, their war with fangpusun no start today..they also have a slow irreversible death bug, once you make the mistake of attempting to update your fangpusun...its gone grin grin grin.

sry I have no good news for you, try and save some money and buy powmr cc, cheap and gets the job done, its just 1 or 2 steps below fangpusun

Baba said save money to buy another. No time to sugarcoat.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
mctfopt:

The controller is specially rated to match with your ebike's motor and other features. So check your old ebike's controller and buy accordingly.

I have ordered one from AliExpress, knowing that it's gonna take weeks to arrive and I needed the bike very urgent, I sourced for another faulty solar inverter and swapped the transistors. It worked like charm. When the new one arrives I will replace it with the one I repaired cause some functions are not working.
It's better than the bike not being operational at all
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
That is why I liked this forum!
Always looking for solutions not minding the effort!! grin grin grin
earthrealm:

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deking(m): 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
gadgetplanetng:
Batteryless hybrid inverter (with a lot of panels)
Don't try it.

Once the inverter cannot get enough yield from the sun to power your load. Power would be cut off. A battery no matter as small would compensate for that shortfall which can happen several times even with the peak generation hours
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deking(m): 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
ebuks4ever:
Pls I need some help. I just bought these 2pcs of 12V 200Ah Quanta batteries. I have 6pcs of 250W installed PV.

I forgot to turn off the fridge after sunset only to notice that by 7pm, my battery was indicating 50% on the inverter. Battery volt was 23.6V.
As at 5pm, I was still getting 110Watts from the sun.

My overall load was around 250watts.

Is this normal for a battery that is just 2wks old?

Your fridge didn't allow your battery get enough charge from your solar. Also you drained the little charge that the batteries go. Furthermore, it must have been a low yield day, so your generation was obviously small

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:24am On Jun 11, 2022
Moneyboyz:

I have ordered one from AliExpress, knowing that it's gonna take weeks to arrive and I needed the bike very urgent, I sourced for another faulty solar inverter and swapped the transistors. It worked like charm. When the new one arrives I will replace it with the one I repaired cause some functions are not working.
It's better than the bike not being operational at all

That's great. Yeah missing features are usually a thing when one tries to repair it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Babs612000(m): 6:58am On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=olopan post=113587745]Good day Folks,

I noticed many at times, some members are in need of small solar system that they can trust with regards to being designed up to standard, I took on a side project that will solve such power needs of those with power requirements that is efficient & small. I call it the "Solar starter pack

Hello please how many hours can this power all the equipment that you put in this write up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by naijaboy756: 8:30am On Jun 11, 2022
Please who has an alternative power solution that is affordable and in the FCT. It is intended to power a device with 500W capacity.

It is urgently needed and quantity can be many if confirmed to be okay. It should run for like 5 hours minimum daily
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2022
Good day, gentlemen please i need experienced recommendations.

For 1kva to 2kva normal 'transformer' inverters, which will be recommended that has

-Good charge current/profile.
-Reliable and easy to repair.
-not EXPENSIVE! grin
-price range.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hero2t: 9:52am On Jun 11, 2022
naijaboy756:
Please who has an alternative power solution that is affordable and in the FCT. It is intended to power a device with 500W capacity.

It is urgently needed and quantity can be many if confirmed to be okay

You didn't state how long you intend to run the device. It is also quite important.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by naijaboy756: 10:12am On Jun 11, 2022
Hero2t:

You didn't state how long you intend to run the device. It is also quite important.
Thank you. It should run for at least 5 hrs daily
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
kiekie1:
Limited stock! HURRY!!

Quanta 200a battery ..... 164,000 "2 units above" , 170,000 "unit price".

Starplus 220a Tubular battery ... 125,000 "unit price" , 122,000 " 2 units upwards"

Starplus 230a Tubular battery ... 135,000

Index NXT 200a battery.... 180,000

Index 200a slim battery .... 180,000

Index 200a tubular battery .. 165,000

Multipower 200a tubular battery ... 145,000

Matrix 200a tubular battery ..... 130,000

Genus 165a expanded tubular battery... 115,000

Genus 200a graphite tubular battery .. 140,000

Genus 230a lead carbon Tubular battery... 155,000

Ritar 200AH 12V battery .... 145,000

Ritar 150AH 12V slim ..... 130,000

Ritar 105AH 12V Slim ... 110,000

Ritar 100a block battery ... 105,000

Monbat 200a slim battery .... 225,000

CD Techno 12v 196a slim battery ....190,000

MERCURY BATTERY Available Now With One Year Warranty!

12v 1kva pure sinewave inverter ... 70,000

12v 100ahs Battery... 80,000.00

12v 200ahs Battery.. 145,000.00

12v 250ahs Battery.. Expecting

Afripower 1kva 12v pure sine wave solar inverter ....... 70,000

Afripower 1.1kva 12v pure sine wave solar inverter .... 95,000

GLOW ENERGY 2.5kva 24v pure sine wave inverter .... 140,000

AFRIPOWER 2.5kva 24v pure sine wave inverter ...... 150,000

Schneider 1.5kva 24v pure sine wave solar inverter .... 94,000

All brand new with standard warranty!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Keep your orders coming...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature). It works with any deep cycle / tubular / lithium battery capacity of your choice.

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2022
With all the loads listed it will do roughly 2 hours just on battery, but with efficient load management, it will go for 24 hours non stop depending on your areas power supply. so it all rest on how well you plan to utilize the setup

[quote author=Babs612000 post=113688665][/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sleekender(m): 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2022
I have a 5KVA Solar Inverter with 4 x 200AH Eastman Tubular batteries (2.5 years old - 60% life remaining).

I want to replace the batteries to a Lithium battery.

Should I get a 5KVA or 10KVA Lithium LFP?

What is the best brands to buy (regardless of costs)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2022
Have no product available that fits into your needs, but my recommendation will be to
1. Use lithium battery
2. Design a fresh system

No specification to know if just a OFFgrid option or grid backup solution i.e. those power inverter types or normal inverter that can charge with NEPA

naijaboy756:

It is urgently needed and quantity can be many if confirmed to be okay. It should run for like 5 hours minimum daily
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
O Sun, yield thy power! grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
sleekender:
I have a 5KVA Solar Inverter with 4 x 200AH Eastman Tubular batteries (2.5 years old - 60% life remaining).

Pylontech

EG4

BYD

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2022
sleekender:

Get a 10KWH battery

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deking(m): 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2022
sleekender:

You can even up the ante and get 15KWH. Can supply you Felicity if you want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: toyeoye(m), medulla01(m), moneyest(m), HeavenlyBang(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.