Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2101346 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) ... (1716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 11:44am On Jun 09, 2022
durodee:
Good evening house. Is there a way to repair broken panels? There is a project ongoing somewhere and I noticed as the panels were being offloaded that some panels had broken glasses. Is there any way the could still be useful? They are 450w panels and quite a number of them.
I am wondering if one can cover with new glass and seal the edges to prevent egress of water if that will work?
Just thinking ........

I would be interested bro.
No more hope for phcn
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
durodee:
Good evening house. Is there a way to repair broken panels? There is a project ongoing somewhere and I noticed as the panels were being offloaded that some panels had broken glasses. Is there any way the could still be useful? They are 450w panels and quite a number of them.
I am wondering if one can cover with new glass and seal the edges to prevent egress of water if that will work?
Just thinking ........

sadly none that lasts.

i have had that issue, I bought this liquid polyurethane/polycrylic gloss or satin, brush off all the glass particles and dust, and apply in uniform coats,, it will harden after some time to give a hard transparent finish, if done properly, you could get some years usage from the panels. google and watch youtube videos to know more

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Opistorincos(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
Good day house, want to get Lithium battery build from Valto. I need vouches for him and his products.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
I greet dem Bosses in the house,

Please i have a very delicate question,

Is is possible to get a solar and inverter only system without battery?

The function of this is to use only solar during the day and switch on nepa/grid at night without having any backup battery in place.

It's important to note that the PV should be the only one working during the day with drawing power from nepa,
And it should be automated in a way that if sun goes down or more power is required it can tap small from grid

Why I'm saying this, is so we don't need to start disconnecting nepa during the day,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
Opistorincos:
Good day house, want to get Lithium battery build from Valto. I need vouches for him and his products.

I will vouch for his integrity!
I dont think anyone here has had issues that border on trust/integrity with him but it does not stop you from doing your own due-diligence.

@Valto, No fall hand o. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
Opistorincos:

He's 100% reliable, his cells are grade A and real capacity......

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
Batteryless hybrid inverter (with a lot of panels)

Feshizzy:

The function of this is to use only solar during the day and switch on nepa/grid at night without having any backup battery in place.

It's important to note that the PV should be the only one working during the day with drawing power from nepa,
And it should be automated in a way that if sun goes down or more power is required it can tap small from grid

Why I'm saying this, is so we don't need to start disconnecting nepa during the day,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Thank you for your reply
Any recommendations?
Brands?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

I understand when there's grid power,
Most inverter has a master function meaning you will be using grid rather than inverter

Dose this inverter (Batteryless) has a master function to make PV comes first, and grid/nepa only comes up as back up rather than being mains?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
Feshizzy:

How do u plan to argument for periods when the panels cannot produce enough energy to power your loads during the day?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
saint2ace:

How do u plan to argument for periods when the panels cannot produce enough energy to power your loads during the day?

It takes from the grid directly,
When there's low energy production and at night.

I don't want to use the word "gridtie" because I'm looking for a more practical and experienced approach to it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TCD: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
Hello good people. Anyone here using solar airconditioners? I see them online . How effective and durable are they in Nigeria?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TCD: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Valto:
24v 105ah lifepo4 lithium battery assembled with brand new grade A EVE 105ah Lifepo4 Lithium cells + 8S JBD 120A hardware bms.
105ah and 100ah lifepo4 lithium cells still available.
whatsapp 0802-057-4628.

Hello are you in Lagos or abuja?

How much are these batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Excuzeme: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
Feshizzy:

I understand when there's grid power,
Most inverter has a master function meaning you will be using grid rather than inverter

Dose this inverter (Batteryless) has a master function to make PV comes first, and grid/nepa only comes up as back up rather than being mains?

You can specify/order the priority of your Inverter, to use any source in any particular order, in the Settings tab.
for example:
1) PV
2) Grid
3) Generator
4) Battery
or in any other order you want and you can exclude the battery, if not present.

But like the above Poster said, there will be periods, especially the rainy season, when Cloud Cover will not allow PV to produce any Power and Grid is not available at that point as well. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Excuzeme:

You can specify/order the priority of your Inverter, to use any source in any particular order, in the Settings tab.
for example:
1) PV
2) Grid
3) Generator
4) Battery
or in any other order you want and you can exclude the battery, if not present.

But like the above Poster said, there will be periods, especially the rainy season, when Cloud Cover will not allow PV to produce any Power and Grid is not available at that point as well. undecided

Please what unit can do all of this?
Can you send pictures or links.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
durodee:
Just thinking ........
I can repair it for you if you are living Abuja.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
TCD:

Hello are you in Lagos or abuja?

How much are these batteries?
batteries are in lagos and also in bayelsa. can also waybill to any location. whatsapp me for more details. 0802-057-4628
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
Opistorincos:

The last picture he posted here was a battery sent to me. Already deployed and working.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebuks4ever(m): 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
Pls I need some help. I just bought these 2pcs of 12V 200Ah Quanta batteries. I have 6pcs of 250W installed PV.

I forgot to turn off the fridge after sunset only to notice that by 7pm, my battery was indicating 50% on the inverter. Battery volt was 23.6V.
As at 5pm, I was still getting 110Watts from the sun.

My overall load was around 250watts.

Is this normal for a battery that is just 2wks old?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:09am On Jun 10, 2022
Get a lacquer polish ... Unmixed and use as laminating film on the glass it should prevent want from entering

durodee:
Just thinking ........

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:15am On Jun 10, 2022
There is a possibility of the weather not been favourable and you by running the fridge all the way to night time, you depleted the battery to voltage noticed.

ebuks4ever:
Pls I need some help. I just bought these 2pcs of 12V 200Ah Quanta batteries. I have 6pcs of 250W installed PV.

I forgot to turn off the fridge after sunset only to notice that by 7pm, my battery was indicating 50% on the inverter. Battery volt was 23.6V.
As at 5pm, I was still getting 110Watts from the sun.

My overall load was around 250watts.

Is this normal for a battery that is just 2wks old?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Excuzeme: 3:59am On Jun 10, 2022
Feshizzy:

Please what unit can do all of this?
Can you send pictures or links.

Any good HYBRID Inverter can do all these, Phocos, DEYE, Gennex, Growatt, etc.
You go to its "Settings" and toggle the options accordingly.

If you type image of 'each name' in Google, it should give you their pictures, l only have the one l use.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 5:52am On Jun 10, 2022
Opistorincos:
Valto is your sure plug

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2022
Thanks for the offer. I am a bit far away and that will not be feasible.

Dishtech:

I can repair it for you if you are living Abuja.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 7:10am On Jun 10, 2022
I have a water damaged inverter (for electric bikes) is there anyone here who can repair it in lagos/Ogun?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:14am On Jun 10, 2022
Lacquer polish can be obtained from a paint shop ,right?
For how many years will that give the panels?
olopan:
Get a lacquer polish ... Unmixed and use as laminating film on the glass it should prevent want from entering

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:18am On Jun 10, 2022
Any specific make or brand name?
Is it worth it to buy such panels and what value /percentage of original price?
earthrealm:

sadly none that lasts.

i have had that issue, I bought this liquid polyurethane/polycrylic gloss or satin, brush off all the glass particles and dust, and apply in uniform coats,, it will harden after some time to give a hard transparent finish, if done properly, you could get some years usage from the panels. google and watch youtube videos to know more
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:19am On Jun 10, 2022
I hear you my brother! grin grin
HeadofNairaland:

I would be interested bro.
No more hope for phcn
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2022
Saw many videos online.
Longevity is a major issue.
Seems to be a hit or miss situation. Its an experiment that the answers come in years.
tetralogyfallot:
they work very well but fails overtime if water starts dripping inside the cells. It's usable in dry season but starts declining immediately rain starts falling on them. I've watched a video on YouTube where a guy was suggesting using a laminated film to coat it, it also fails overtime during intense hotness of the sun as the laminated film starts peeling off. Just use it while it last.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:37am On Jun 10, 2022
The cracks are web- like and fine. Some places the glass had turned opaque
HeadofNairaland:

Are the glasses still together in a piece?
I feel most pv are made of tempered glass and do not shatter into fragments. I am experimenting with 2 after trying to put d glass in place.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:29am On Jun 10, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I have a water damaged inverter (for electric bikes) is there anyone here who can repair it in lagos/Ogun?

The picture you showed shows an ebike brushless DC motor controller, it's hard to repair when it fails. Your best bet is to check the type of controller it is and buy another from AliExpress. I have a spare controller that I bought $15 for one of my ebike in the event it fails.

Here's a link to check the controller for one of my ebike: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNsTxRg

Always ensure the controller is in a place water can't reach...even if I run in water, water can't get to my controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 9:07am On Jun 10, 2022
mctfopt:

The picture you showed shows an ebike brushless DC motor controller, it's hard to repair when it fails. Your best bet is to check the type of controller it is and buy another from AliExpress. I have a spare controller that I bought $15 for one of my ebike in the event it fails.

Here's a link to check the controller for one of my ebike: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNsTxRg

Always ensure the controller is in a place water can't reach...even if I run in water, water can't get to my controller.

How many watt is it rated for, I need 60v 1500 to 2000 watts. I messed it up, it didn't spoil same day, it failed after 5 days or so. I thought the controller is waterproof.

I have placed an order for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) ... (1716) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Sapiosexuality(m), swagifted(m), kindlyheart, Allem(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.