Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2069148 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
Electricity Workers begin strike tomorrow August 17, so prepare you backup and backup of backups~
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
1kva 12v mopower inverter available, #55,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
7.5kva 48v Ss power inverter available, #280,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
FEGEITOK:
Electricity Workers begin strike tomorrow August 17, so prepare you backup and backup of backups~

why?

for the last two months it has been one system collapse after another - with up to a week of blackouts at times

the irony is that with the new electricity bill - TCN may go the way of Nitel.

Discos will not need to tie into the national grid to get power
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2022
3.5kva 24v soccer power inverter available, #160,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
80A Yohako MPPT controller available, #125,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

why?

for the last two months it has been one system collapse after another - with up to a week of blackouts at times

the irony is that with the new electricity bill - TCN may go the way of Nitel.

Discos will not need to tie into the national grid to get power

https://barristerng.com/blackout-looms-as-electricity-workers-to-begin-strike-on-wednesday-august-17/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
Different wattage of European used solar panels available.

Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2022
Report them to FCCPC (Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Council). Its a federal government agency. They can help mediate & resolve the issue.

How to report a complaint to the FCCPC
The FCCPC has set up an online form for consumers who want to make a complaint about a company. The information which you will have to provide are:
Name of person making the complaint
Contact Address
Contact details – Mobile number and email address
Name of the company you are complaining about
Address of the company/branch you visited
Contact details of the company
Receipt No. of Product/Service (if you have one)
Brief explanation of your complaint
Brief explanation of the outcome you want (e.g. you want a refund, you want to exchange goods etc.)

If you are not comfortable completing an online form, and would need to talk the complaint through first, then the CPC has dedicated customer complaint lines which you can call. You may contact them on 08056002020, 08056003030, or by email on : contact@fccpc.gov.ng

padolife:
Hi y’all,

I want to warn members and the general public from buying from energymall.ng especially solar panels.
[img][/img]
I bought 4 units of 350w solar panels at 77,000 each for a total of N308,000. They showed me the original Felicity panel as sample and then shipped me fake 180w panels. I hope those panels are up to 180 sef.

Find picture of said fake panel nameplate below. All effort to reach them after has proven abortive.

It’s difficult doing business in Nigeria if people are looking to rip you off at any chance that they get. If only someone had posted their experience online, I wouldn’t have fallen victim.

Please do not buy from energymall.ng they will scam you

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
FEGEITOK:

https://barristerng.com/blackout-looms-as-electricity-workers-to-begin-strike-on-wednesday-august-17/

I mean I know a strike is planned. But with everything that has happened in the last three months, it will be just another day. If we were getting 80% light per day, maybe we would feel it. As it is, we get 10 to 30% or less
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by padolife(f): 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
Thanks all.

I will be filing a report asap.

Regards

sintolord:
Report them to FCCPC (Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Council). Its a federal government agency. They can help mediate & resolve the issue.

How to report a complaint to the FCCPC
The FCCPC has set up an online form for consumers who want to make a complaint about a company. The information which you will have to provide are:
Name of person making the complaint
Contact Address
Contact details – Mobile number and email address
Name of the company you are complaining about
Address of the company/branch you visited
Contact details of the company
Receipt No. of Product/Service (if you have one)
Brief explanation of your complaint
Brief explanation of the outcome you want (e.g. you want a refund, you want to exchange goods etc.)

If you are not comfortable completing an online form, and would need to talk the complaint through first, then the CPC has dedicated customer complaint lines which you can call. You may contact them on 08056002020, 08056003030, or by email on : contact@fccpc.gov.ng

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
120A felicity mppt controller available, #180,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2022
2.5kva 24v soccer power inverter available, #125,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
Please guys which among the below 300W Solar Panel can Max out close to it Wattage and that can also perform well even in this endless raining season?

Auxano
Felicity
Flame
SunPower
Rubitech

Kindly help arrange the above panels base on the one that performs optimally on a scale of 1 - 5
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
dollarnaira:

I understand u bro but rembr too that dollar was once 180. Over there it is affordable.

No right thinking human will buy dat with current dollar rate but rather do with LifePO4 105A. The 190a sef na roughly 95a at 50% DOD.

Who will buy a 12v 190A lead acid battery at 871× 600 dollar rate? That is N522,600 shocked shocked.

So sell based on say probably e "good" not d price posted above.

I get your drift bro, I only posted that because someone made a comment about the price of the used battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
TechGeek777:
Please guys which among the below 300W Solar Panel can Max out close to it Wattage and that can also perform well even in this endless raining season?

Auxano
Felicity
Flame
SunPower
Rubitech

Kindly help arrange the above panels base on the one that performs optimally on a scale of 1 - 5
some in that lineup are low quality and still not real capacity. i rather choose Auxano produced in Lagos,Nigeria, than the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hello House,

I have been seeing a lot of requests for advice on brands of solar equipment to buy ranging from inverters, charge controllers, batteries to SPD, MCB etc. Permit me to share a few resources I have discovered in my extensive research in the solar ministry. I will be dropping links and addresses to authorised dealers of solar products that people can go to their offices and verify or do a Google search on.

1. Victron Products
Komponents & Solutions Rack (also Repair Centre)
27B Ize-Iyamu Street Off Billingsway Oregun, Lagos State
Ms. Prisca Adiele
+234 802 307 7749
+234 08099378347
info@komponents.ng
http://www.ren4power.com
https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

If your looking to purchase Victron products in Nigeria from the official dealer then here is the link. If the Inverter is a bit out of budget for you, there stand alone MPPT solar charge controllers ranks amongs the best in the market.

2. Jinko Solar Panels
Contact Us
9 Adebola Street Alhaji Masha Surulere Lagos
08033043609, 08033731860
info@techlandsolar.ng
https://www.techlandsolar.ng/

Techland is the authorised dealer of Jinko Solar Panels in Nigeria. They also stock Tier 1 panels by other brands too. You can get quality solar panels from them. But call them or visit their office to confirm stock.

3. Gennex Technologies
Head Office
Plot 25, Adebisi Ogunnuyi Crescent, off Oladimeji Alo Street, Ikate, Lekki, Lagos
Front Office: 012934490
Hotline Sales
08171936361, 08179462854
WhatsApp: +2348171936361, +2348179462854
Hotline Quotation
https://shop.gennextechnologies.com/

Another top rated dealer of Canadian Solar Panels and Axpert range of inverters. You can be assured of getting quality products. Check them out also.

4. SolarPowerEtal
Solar Power Etal Spectrums. Secretariat-UCH Road, (by Union Bank), Agodi, Ibadan, Oyo State. 11, Obe Street, Kongi, Bodija, Ibadan. Hotline: 08023258027
Adetokunbo Ademola, Victoria Island, (Opp. Eko Hotel), Lagos. 0802 325 8027, 0806 304 2776
http://www.solarpoweretal.com/index.php

The authorised distributor of Trina Solar Panels in. Nigeria. Another top source of high quality solar panels.

Will add more as time permits. Cheers.

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2022
Trippledots:

I get your drift bro, I only posted that because someone made a comment about the price of the used battery.

Got it sir

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
SMK LITHIUM BATTERY AVAILABLE!!!

BEST PRICES!
3.84kwh 24v .... 600,000
5kwh 48v .......... 900,000

See attached picture for feature and technical datasheet.

Warranty: 5 years

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your tubular battery periodic maintenance .

Distilled water (1L×12 pack)
= 7000

Distilled water 25 Litres = 7000 (Selling free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = 1500 (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)*

Hydrometer = N4000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = 12,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon)...

Test Analysis summary:
- TDS = 0-45 ppm
- PH = 7.0

APPLICATIONS:
Chisco distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Cosmetics
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Laboratory

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
Valto:
some in that lineup are low quality and still not real capacity. i rather choose Auxano produced in Lagos,Nigeria, than the rest.

It's noted bro, thanks!

Can you also help state other more two from the 5 panels listed above that can compare with Auxano?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Good day to you all.
I have decided to install a set-up for my house to power everything.
The installer suggested I get a 7kva setup and listed below what I need to get:
7kv IGBT Inverter
(4)200Ah/12v battery
(6)450w solar panel
80A mppt charge controller
10mm2c wire
(1coil) 6mmsc wire
battery rack

My issue now is to know if this is right for uninterrupted power supply and what brands will give me peace of mind.

Your expertise and guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks guys
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 12:08am On Aug 17, 2022
No load.

Can only know if you say what it is going to power or how many units your prepaid consumes daily

toyeoye:
Good day to you all.
I have decided to install a set-up for my house to power everything.
The installer suggested I get a 7kva setup and listed below what I need to get:
7kv IGBT Inverter
(4)200Ah/12v battery
(6)450w solar panel
80A mppt charge controller
10mm2c wire
(1coil) 6mmsc wire
battery rack

My issue now is to know if this is right for uninterrupted power supply and what brands will give me peace of mind.

Your expertise and guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 3:53am On Aug 17, 2022
lovediehatelive:

Sorry I didn't upload it.

Here's the photo

Do hard reset, disconnect wires of the panels first, then remove the wires of the batteries. Wait a minute then Replace the battery wires , then panels.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:55am On Aug 17, 2022
Eweeeeeeee shocked

In one move you just put so many marketers and resellers out of business.

But alas, you targeted the premium/good value products that require some level of skill or expertise to work with and the people who support those products generally offer services above and beyond just sales.

If you will keep this post up then you should also target the budget/low cost segment more focused on mass market sales and tend to offer poor services and expose the product sources and contacts to balance the scales - that way you can also put those folks out of business/on their toes.

You should consider that middleman profits (people's livelihoods) are made by/with information assymetry and it is quite a thing to take that away if you have no skin in the game. Expensive mistakes may also be made when an unqualified person is given access to product sources but lacks proper system design, component selection and system installation/implementation skills.

My thoughts on the matter.

samir101ng:
Hello House,

I have been seeing a lot of requests for advice on brands of solar equipment to buy ranging from inverters, charge controllers, batteries to SPD, MCB etc. Permit me to share a few resources I have discovered in my extensive research in the solar ministry. I will be dropping links and addresses to authorised dealers of solar products that people can go to their offices and verify or do a Google search on.

Will add more as time permits. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 5:10am On Aug 17, 2022
gadgetplanetng:
No load.

Can only know if you say what it is going to power or how many units your prepaid consumes daily

Okay, currently connected directly to phcn, no meter yet.

1hp borehole machine
3tv
1 refrigerator
1 freezer
2 1hp air-conditioner
3 fans
2 laptops
6 12w led lights
12 6w led lights
5 50w led flood lights
1 12v alarm system
7 CCTV cameras
1 microwave
1 blender
1 washing machine
1 heater
2 dstv decoders
1 pressure pump
Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:10am On Aug 17, 2022
toyeoye:

Okay, currently connected directly to phcn, no meter yet.

1hp borehole machine
3tv
1 refrigerator
1 freezer
2 1hp air-conditioner
3 fans
2 laptops
6 12w led lights
12 6w led lights
5 50w led flood lights
1 12v alarm system
7 CCTV cameras
1 microwave
1 blender
1 washing machine
1 heater
2 dstv decoders
1 pressure pump
Thank you
You will need way more than 4 12v batteries or 6 450w solar panels, 12pcs 12v batteries with 16pcs 450w solar panels with 2pcs 80a mppt charge controllers is a good place to start

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 7:02am On Aug 17, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Eweeeeeeee shocked

In one move you just put so many marketers and resellers out of business.

But alas, you targeted the premium/good value products that require some level of skill or expertise to work with and the people who support those products generally offer services above and beyond just sales.

If you will keep this post up then[b] you should also target the budget/low cost segment more focused on mass market sales[/b] and tend to offer poor services and expose the product sources and contacts to balance the scales - that way you can also put those folks out of business/on their toes.

You should consider that middleman profits (people's livelihoods) are made by/with information asymmetry and it is quite a thing to take that away if you have no skin in the game. Expensive mistakes may also be made when an unqualified person is given access to product sources but lacks proper system design, component selection and system installation/implementation skills.

My thoughts on the matter.

Those resellers should upskill, there is more money in skills and services than in pushing products only.

I am a living example.

In short, they get certified by all brands that they wish to represent, so the client can consider them a trusted ally, and use that as a unique selling point.

Finally, someone who understands why I did not do what I had the power to do in one fell swoop.

I may be well situated today, but I wasn't always that way.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 7:43am On Aug 17, 2022
Penuelseun:
You will need way more than 4 12v batteries or 6 450w solar panels, 12pcs 12v batteries with 16pcs 450w solar panels with 2pcs 80a mppt charge controllers is a good place to start

Interesting. Thanks. Another thing to consider is that all these appliances are not in use at the same time or even all the time you know. How can I factor this into the setup. I also intend to be rationing, e.g when borehole is on, I can turn off refrigerator and freezer etc.

What about the BRANDS?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:54am On Aug 17, 2022
Let us know when (day or night) and for how long each would be used per day.

@olopan made a calculator
toyeoye:

Interesting. Thanks. Another thing to consider is that all these appliances are not in use at the same time or even all the time you know. How can I factor this into the setup. I also intend to be rationing, e.g when borehole is on, I can turn off refrigerator and freezer etc.

What about the BRANDS?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2022
gadgetplanetng:
Let us know when (day or night) and for how long each would be used per day.

@olopan made a calculator

The main ones that will mostly be powered on are the freezer, refrigerator, 2 TV, 7 CCTV(24/7) and sockets for charging phone and laptop. All others are on occasions,
Borehole 2ce a week
A/C once a week cos of this weather
6W and 12W led lights indoors only at night
Same for 50w flood lights at night
Microwave and washing machine will be used while we turn off other big appliances.
Etc.. Your advice is also welcome on how to ration this effectively.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 8:37am On Aug 17, 2022
If none of the AC, heater, refrigerator, microwave etc would come up at night/in the evening then I'd say add more panels.

toyeoye:

The main ones that will mostly be powered on are the freezer, refrigerator, 2 TV, 7 CCTV(24/7) and sockets for charging phone and laptop. All others are on occasions,
Borehole 2ce a week
A/C once a week cos of this weather
6W and 12W led lights indoors only at night
Same for 50w flood lights at night
Microwave and washing machine will be used while we turn off other big appliances.
Etc.. Your advice is also welcome on how to ration this effectively.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: redgem(f), Hero2t, Sankabson(m), TechGeek777, Valto(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.