Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058242 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2022
gadgetplanetng:
If none of the AC, heater, refrigerator, microwave etc would come up at night/in the evening then I'd say add more panels.

AC might come up at night when we enter hot season. Wait can we not put off freezer for example to power AC/microwave on? There is no heater. Also would prefer to have the refrigerator on all the time and can switch off freezer at night.

What setup and brands would you suggest?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2022
toyeoye:

AC might come up at night when we enter hot season. Wait can we not put off freezer for example to power AC/microwave on? There is no heater. Also would prefer to have the refrigerator on all the time and can switch off freezer at night.

What setup and brands would you suggest?

Only the AC would run your battery bank down to 50% in like 4 hrs (estimate)

You'd need more batteries too - or use fans at night
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 9:06am On Aug 17, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Only the AC would run your battery bank down to 50% in like 4 hrs (estimate)

You'd need more batteries too - or use fans at night

Makes sense. Okay let's talk brands.
Which have worked for you and may recommend to first timer that wants no stress
Panels
Inverter
Battery
Charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 9:10am On Aug 17, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Eweeeeeeee shocked

In one move you just put so many marketers and resellers out of business.

But alas, you targeted the premium/good value products that require some level of skill or expertise to work with and the people who support those products generally offer services above and beyond just sales.

If you will keep this post up then you should also target the budget/low cost segment more focused on mass market sales and tend to offer poor services and expose the product sources and contacts to balance the scales - that way you can also put those folks out of business/on their toes.

You should consider that middleman profits (people's livelihoods) are made by/with information assymetry and it is quite a thing to take that away if you have no skin in the game. Expensive mistakes may also be made when an unqualified person is given access to product sources but lacks proper system design, component selection and system installation/implementation skills.

My thoughts on the matter.

Noted Oga Niyi. smiley

Though the brands i have listed maybe a bit on the premium side, permit me to align with @zeestone99 earlier statement that quality solar products don't come cheap. However, in my experience what pains customers the most is paying for budget products that don't last and in the long run end up costing the customer more money to replace. A penny wise pound foolish situation. You see large installations costing over N1M using budget chinko products that the owners end up regretting. To avoid stories that touch, they have an opportunity to contact authorised resellers of quality products and manage their budgets accordingly. I will however take your advice and drop links to some good quality chinese products that offer more value to our budget diy solar community. LifeP04 people on my radar next.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 9:20am On Aug 17, 2022
Lol I'm actually avoiding recommending brands.

I think people that install a lot of systems and monitor them long term would be in a better place.
For me,
I have:
Auxano panels - 350w (I got them from the company as my previous panels I got from 2 separate dealers here weren't performing anywhere close to sticker capacity
Easun Hybrid Inverter - low idle power (your model might consume enough for a refrigerator just being on), no need to buy separate charge controller, compact
LiFePo4 battery pack - Can discharge to 80%, should last longer than normal lead acid, consume less space and more aesthetically pleasing.

High Quality surges, fuses, breakers and co (especially because of the inverter)

An experienced installer can give better recommendations

toyeoye:

Panels
Inverter
Battery
Charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2022
samir101ng:

Noted Oga Niyi. smiley

Though the brands i have listed maybe a bit on the premium side, permit me to align with @zeestone99 earlier statement that quality solar products don't come cheap. However, in my experience what pains customers the most is paying for budget products that don't last and in the long run end up costing the customer more money to replace. A penny wise pound foolish situation. You see large installations costing over N1M using budget chinko products that the owners end up regretting. To avoid stories that touch, they have an opportunity to contact authorised resellers of quality products and manage their budgets accordingly. I will however take your advice and drop links to some good quality chinese products that offer more value to our budget diy solar community. LifeP04 people on my radar next.

Going through your chats, thanks for this selfless service. Might save lives

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2022
toyeoye:

Panels
Inverter
Battery
Charge controller
would advise that you look the way of 2v lead acid cells as they are better suited for heavy loads or better still lifepo4 if you have the funds.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2022
Hello House,

As usual here is another source of quality products that you can do your own research and buy authentic goods from:

1. Full River Batteries

Idyllic Technologies
+234 803 4143 222
+234 703 7973 666
info@idyllictechnologies.com
sales@idyllictechnologies.com
7, Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun Opposite Total Filling Station, Near Ojota Bus Stop
2, Ogungbeye Street, Olowora Off Omole Phase 2, Lagos State.
https://idyllictechnologies.com/fullriver

Original supplier of premium Full River AGM Batteries and products. For those in Team Lead Acid and looking for quality batteries that last, look no further. Contact them for current prices and availability.

2. Amaron Quanta Batteries

Direct 2 Home
4 Wilmer Street, Ilupeju,
Lagos, Nigeria.
+(234) 800-7777-444
Mon-Sat 8:30am-6:30pm
info@d2h.ng
24 X 7 online support
https://www.d2h.ng/

Amaron Quanta Nig Ltd
Contact Info
#46 NTA Rd OPP. Mgbuoba Market, Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Nigeria
09088765257, 08063887516
https://amaronquanta.com.ng/

Looking to buy original Amaron Quanta batteries then head to the source. Direct from an office address that you can trace and resolve any issues later. Both companies supply named brand batteries. Team Lead Acid please choose wisely.

3. Monbat Batteries

Energy Batteries Limited Nigeria
Block M, Plot 21. Isolo Scheme, Industrial Layout Ballet Busstop, beside Pinnacle Filling Station Apapa Oshodi Expressway, Isolo. Lagos
sales@ebnltd.com
+2349087464000
https://ebnlimited.com/

Monbat is a UK brand of AGM batteries sold by this reseller. Another premium brand for Team Lead Acid but for all those who dont want waste money on batteries that do not last, this is a good brand to check out.

4. Trojan Batteries

Eauxwell Nigeria Ltd
81B Oduduwa Crescent, Ikeja GRA, Lagos
http://www.eauxwell.com/

Looking to buy the Rolls Royce of Lead Acid Batteries, then look no further as their authorized dealer dey for your backyard. Go to their office or give them a call to confirm prices and availability.

That's all for Team Lead Acid for now. I mainly provided AGM/VRLA batteries because for me they are more maintenance free and convenient than gel/flooded. Most of the chinese lead acid batteries flooding the market now are knock offs and will not last long. Better to "enhance" your budget and get named brands. If these batteries are out of your budget and your looking for gel/flooded batteries, you can try out the Simba/Luminous range of products https://www.thesimbaden.com/ or EastMann range of products also https://eastmannigeria.com/. Both have offices on their websites where you can check out their products and get a warranty.

Team LifeP04, we are up next.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2022
brand new DEYE 5KW hybrid inverter available at clearance price
whatsapp 0802-057-4628.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2022
gadgetplanetng:
Lol I'm actually avoiding recommending brands.

I think people that install a lot of systems and monitor them long term would be in a better place.
For me,
I have:
Auxano panels - 350w (I got them from the company as my previous panels I got from 2 separate dealers here weren't performing anywhere close to sticker capacity
Easun Hybrid Inverter - low idle power (your model might consume enough for a refrigerator just being on), no need to buy separate charge controller, compact
LiFePo4 battery pack - Can discharge to 80%, should last longer than normal lead acid, consume less space and more aesthetically pleasing.

High Quality surges, fuses, breakers and co (especially because of the inverter)

An experienced installer can give better recommendations

Much love bro, thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2022
Penuelseun:
would advise that you look the way of 2v lead acid cells as they are better suited for heavy loads or better still lifepo4 if you have the funds.

Very very noted, will look into this. Thanks baba
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:23am On Aug 17, 2022
You may have misinterpreted my message boss.

I actually do not support this action but again it is an open forum and there is freedom of expression so ...

In the very long run, the end result may turn out good overall, in the short run you may have caused much vexation and consternation for a lot of good folks.

I am primarily an RE enthusiast so when I look at the matter dispassionately, I can only shake my head, smile and observe.

There are interesting days ahead.

samir101ng:

Noted Oga Niyi. smiley

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:25am On Aug 17, 2022
GeorgeD1:

hello bro. kindly check dm. u got mail! smiley

I'm sorry for reading this message late. Have been away from the site for a while. Also I usually can't access this nairaland mail thingy.

How about proper email on smartintelle at gmail dot com.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2022
For Team LifeP04 who are interested in purchasing either individually or in a group buy for Lithium Ion Phosphate (Prismatic) batteries, here is a list of reputable suppliers on Ali Baba who can supply you original batteries for your next solar setup. This is list based on recommendations from the DIY Solar Forums https://diysolarforum.com/ with reviews by people all over the world who have purchased their batteries including the Youtuber Will Prowse. Another Youtuber Andy from the Off-Grid Garage has also bought from such suppliers. Some of the suppliers listed can ship directly to Nigeria DDP (Direct Duty Paid) via ocean shipping to a warehouse in Lagos where you can go and pick up or via freight forwarder who will ship on your behalf. Be prepared for long wait though of over 90 days in some cases before your shipment arrives.

1. Shenzen Luyuan Technology Ltd

https://szluyuan.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.9114905.0.0.BLMWsZ

My top rated supplier. Why ? Because they match and batch the batteries by internal resistance and use Grade A LifeP04 EVE Cells directly from EVE. This comes at a premium however but you are guaranteed that your batteries are the cream of the top of cells. They test and ship the batteries DDP to Nigeria to warehouses in Lagos and Kano. Chat Amy Wan to get a quote.

2. Docan Technology (shenzhen) Co., Ltd

https://docantech.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.9114905.0.0.BLMWsZ

Another top rated supplier of LifeP04 cells. They do not have a freight forwarder to Nigeria though but you can make your own arrangements for shipping or they can recommend one for you for shipping to a lagos warehouse. Contact Sandy Zou to get a quote.

3. Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd

https://basen.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.9114905.0.0.BLMWsZ

Premium LifeP04 cells available at affordable prices direct from an original supplier. Contact Ms. Gloria BASEN to get a quote.

4. Shenzen Qishou Technology Ltd

https://qiso.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.9114905.0.0.BLMWsZ

LifeP04 cells supplier with over 7yrs experience on AliBaba. Contact Ms. Amy Peng for a quote.

5. Shenzen Deriy New Energy Technology Ltd

https://dery.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.9114905.0.0.BLMWsZ

A newer supplier on the LifeP04 block but with good prices and availability. I believe some Nairalanders have had business with them before so will appreciate any reviews they may have. Contact Ms. Selina Li for a quote.

So, there you have it Team LifeP04. All these suppliers listed above are on AliBaba with reviews and ratings. Kindly fully register on AliBaba with your address and ID if you intend to do a purchase. Multiple payment channels are provided so pick your choice. All types of LifeP04 cells are available from 105ah, 160ah, 280ah(LF280k), 304ah. All suppliers specify Grade A cells but i can only personally confirm for Shenzen Luyuan. Contact them and start the conversation.

Cheers. Dropping some charge controllers and inverters next.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2022
I am afraid what you got is a fake schneider, chint don't come close to schneider in pricing that's why it is fair alternative
ManAdii:

Schneider electric. I got them for 4000 each for DC 2P and 2500 for AC 2P, 1500 for AC 2P.

I saw another product CHNT which quoted for 6000 for 2P DC and 3000 for 2P AC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
You may have misinterpreted my message boss.

I actually do not support this action but again it is an open forum and there is freedom of expression so ...

In the very long run, the end result may turn out good overall, in the short run you may have caused much vexation and consternation for a lot of good folks.

I am primarily an RE enthusiast so when I look at the matter dispassionately, I can only shake my head, smile and observe.

There are interesting days ahead.

Okay. I understand where your coming from. Information Asymmetry as you earlier stated. However, as a fellow enthusiast and considering the Nigerian environment we live in, i felt it a public service to release such information. As you said, i have no skin in the game and i believe the market is big enough to accommodate everybody. More information means more sales in my opinion as buyers are more informed. Getting ripped off and supplied low quality equipment has been a recurring issue plaguing the adoption of solar in this country and it shouldn't be so. My extensive research on solar has been for over 5yrs now and so felt a need to share and help out to point people in the right direction.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 11:27am On Aug 17, 2022
samir101ng, you are leveling the playing field and you are ruffling feathers.

As for me that cocky response by a seller made me determine, I was going to release our conversation. It will be released later today.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2022
1-3 is suspicious

They don't reflect the new market price, except the seller had old stock and using church mind of not making profit, else keep searching

TechGeek777:

Please guys which of the below product do you think is suspicious considering the prices?

1. Luminous Tubular Battery - 150AH/12V = 90,000

2. PROMO OFFER: Luminous 220ah/12v Tubular Battery = 105,000.00

3. Luminous 220ah/12v Tubular Battery = 127,000

Note: This is same product from same seller in no (2) above

4. BATTERY 150AH/12V WET CELL LUMINOUS = 142,500

5. Luminous Wet Cell Tubular Battery-150AH/12V = 145,000.00

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2022
If you have the manual the better, the BO1-4, WITH 1/2 Being lead acid and i think 3/4 Being lithium.

Check online for manual to be well guided.
lovediehatelive:

Please my charge controller was displaying "BO3" and blinking. What could be the cause, and what does it mean

UPDATE:
PICTURE ATTACHED
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 11:49am On Aug 17, 2022
Recommended inverter size will be 3-3.5 KVA inverter but sadly this where all your information stops, as without the hour of their usage there is no way that your solar panel and batteries size can be effectively determined as you may end up with a system not properly sized due to the above.

If you can update your. A4. Paper with two column showing daily and night hours of usage then, your journey just dey start proper.

SoftHeart:

Sir, I've checked the wattage. My calculations shows it's 1014.9 Watts altogether.

I'm surprised at the wattage of a few of the devices: Zbook laptop 200W (charger), I don't know it should be this high.
Also, LG 70" UHD 4K is 20W, I was expecting this to be higher. So I'm confused, maybe I'm not checking the right info.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2022
samir101ng:
Hello House,

As usual here is another source of quality products that you can do your own research and buy authentic goods from:

1. Full River Batteries

Idyllic Technologies
+234 803 4143 222
+234 703 7973 666
info@idyllictechnologies.com
sales@idyllictechnologies.com
7, Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun Opposite Total Filling Station, Near Ojota Bus Stop
2, Ogungbeye Street, Olowora Off Omole Phase 2, Lagos State.
https://idyllictechnologies.com/fullriver

Original supplier of premium Full River AGM Batteries and products. For those in Team Lead Acid and looking for quality batteries that last, look no further. Contact them for current prices and availability.

2. Amaron Quanta Batteries

Direct 2 Home
4 Wilmer Street, Ilupeju,
Lagos, Nigeria.
+(234) 800-7777-444
Mon-Sat 8:30am-6:30pm
info@d2h.ng
24 X 7 online support
https://www.d2h.ng/

Amaron Quanta Nig Ltd
Contact Info
#46 NTA Rd OPP. Mgbuoba Market, Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Nigeria
09088765257, 08063887516
https://amaronquanta.com.ng/

Looking to buy original Amaron Quanta batteries then head to the source. Direct from an office address that you can trace and resolve any issues later. Both companies supply named brand batteries. Team Lead Acid please choose wisely.

3. Monbat Batteries

Energy Batteries Limited Nigeria
Block M, Plot 21. Isolo Scheme, Industrial Layout Ballet Busstop, beside Pinnacle Filling Station Apapa Oshodi Expressway, Isolo. Lagos
sales@ebnltd.com
+2349087464000
https://ebnlimited.com/

Monbat is a UK brand of AGM batteries sold by this reseller. Another premium brand for Team Lead Acid but for all those who dont want waste money on batteries that do not last, this is a good brand to check out.

4. Trojan Batteries

Eauxwell Nigeria Ltd
81B Oduduwa Crescent, Ikeja GRA, Lagos
http://www.eauxwell.com/

Looking to buy the Rolls Royce of Lead Acid Batteries, then look no further as their authorized dealer dey for your backyard. Go to their office or give them a call to confirm prices and availability.

That's all for Team Lead Acid for now. I mainly provided AGM/VRLA batteries because for me they are more maintenance free and convenient than gel/flooded. Most of the chinese lead acid batteries flooding the market now are knock offs and will not last long. Better to "enhance" your budget and get named brands. If these batteries are out of your budget and your looking for gel/flooded batteries, you can try out the Simba/Luminous range of products https://www.thesimbaden.com/ or EastMann range of products also https://eastmannigeria.com/. Both have offices on their websites where you can check out their products and get a warranty.

Team LifeP04, we are up next.

https://bolamark.com/
: Location
Block 18D Rafiu Babatunde Tinubu Road, Amuwo Odofin Industrial Layout, Apple Junction Mile 2, Lagos
+2348159290185 +2348159290170 +2348159290172 +2348159290187
sales@bolamark.com
info@bolamark.com
mail@bolamark.com

In addition, these guys are schneider electric reps. I was in their office like three months ago to buy original socket outlets. They have a lot of batteries etal.

Their numbers don't seem to be working though. I referred a colleague to them for batteries two months ago. Going there today for something else, may pick their working numbers

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
WCUB3:
Good evening bosses.
1. Please does anyone know if there are any quality inverter 1.5-2kva capacity that is 12v and has inbuilt Charge Cont.
: I will recommend Vmpower 1.5kva inverter 12V with 30A PWM from my review does 10-15A depending on battery size, state of charge and it handles a surge of a refrigerator well.

2. If I later decide to get a standalone Charge Controller can I still pair it with an hybrid inverter that already has an inbuilt one? Yes! At some point one will stop working while the other is due to voltage difference especially when battery is almost full

Thank you in anticipation of your responses

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
Try iygeal, he has a Smk for like 180k last I check 24V & 3KW

ojeysky:
Anyone with neatly used 12v or 24v hybrid inverter should quote me. Has to support minimum 1kw PV array

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
WCUB3:
Good evening bosses.
1. Please does anyone know if there are any quality inverter 1.5-2kva capacity that is 12v and has inbuilt Charge Controller. Those I have seen are 24v.

2. If I later decide to get a standalone Charge Controller can I still pair it with an hybrid inverter that already has an inbuilt one?

Thank you in anticipation of your responses

WCUB3:

Still looking forward to response.

Forgive the waiting. It happens at times. But people here are usually always happy to chip in ideas.

For your second question, it is very possible and doable to connect another MPPT in series parallel (on the battery) with a hybrid with functioning MPPT SCC.

Just make sure that the new MPPT SCC is on an entirely different solar array, not the one that supplies the hybrid inverter.

As per your first question, such inverters with the specs exist. People who have used same or vendors who stock such will likely answer that question.

Error corrected.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Eweeeeeeee shocked

In one move you just put so many marketers and resellers out of business.

But alas, you targeted the premium/good value products that require some level of skill or expertise to work with and the people who support those products generally offer services above and beyond just sales.

If you will keep this post up then you should also target the budget/low cost segment more focused on mass market sales and tend to offer poor services and expose the product sources and contacts to balance the scales - that way you can also put those folks out of business/on their toes.

You should consider that middleman profits (people's livelihoods) are made by/with information assymetry and it is quite a thing to take that away if you have no skin in the game. Expensive mistakes may also be made when an unqualified person is given access to product sources but lacks proper system design, component selection and system installation/implementation skills.

My thoughts on the matter.

Experienced marketers will start charging Consultation fees grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by divinebitshop: 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
ceaser:

Forgive the waiting. It happens at times. But people here are usually always happy to chip in ideas.

For your second question, it is very possible and doable to connect another MPPT in series (on the batter) with a hybrid with functioning MPPT SCC.

Just make sure that the new MPPT SCC is on an entirely different solar array, not the one that supplies the hybrid inverter.

As per your first question, such inverters with the specs exist. People who have used same or vendors who stock such will likely answer that question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is possible for you to get. I am not too sure of specifics, but you can call or send WhatsApp message to this number: 2348052070539. He will give you the answers you need.

You can as well go through this article to know more about the solar system:
https://infibranches.com/blog/10-things-to-know-before-going-solar/

https://infibranches.com/blog/category/solar/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
samir101ng:

Noted Oga Niyi. smiley

Trust me I know customers than you do. I give up many deals because customers think some products are too expensive. They don't seem to get the need for quality product or after sale service. They rather go and buy from a novice then come online to ask series of questions that will only leave them with multiple answers and most likely another mistake.
Sometimes all you can do is watch.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WCUB3(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
[quote author=olopan post=115787311][/quote]

Gracias Boss.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WCUB3(m): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2022
ceaser:

For your second question, it is very possible and doable to connect another MPPT in series (on the batter) with a hybrid with functioning MPPT SCC.

Forgive ke, it's a privilege to get answers even though it's an open forum to share knowledge and ideas, I really appreciate and value your contribution. Thank you berry much smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WCUB3(m): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2022
divinebitshop:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is possible for you to get. I am not too sure of specifics, but you can call or send WhatsApp message to this number: 2348052070539. He will give you the answers you need.

You can as well go through this article to know more about the solar system:
https://infibranches.com/blog/10-things-to-know-before-going-solar/

https://infibranches.com/blog/category/solar/

I appreciate this. Thanks for the plug will contact him
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2022
So I have this battery pack salvaged from a hybrid vehicle. I was excited it was going to be lithium hoping that there will at least be a fair offset of the money spent for a replacement battery for the vehicle.

I was shocked to find out that Toyota has all along in their hybrid models used NiCad Hydride batteries, even for 2010 models o. So what I have is just Nickel Hydride cells. Bad market. I later researched and found out that full BEVs have preference for Lithium while the hybrids seem to have penchance for Nickel hydride.

No wonder you tube videos are replete with DIYers that have repurposed Nissan leaf and Tesla batteries meanwhile you will hardly see any videos of Toyota prius, Highlander hybrid or lexus hybrids batteries being re-purposed.

But I still wan use the battery sha

There were no videos of teardown of this particular model battery, so I decided to go "vawulently" on the tear down with the help of a welder on my street using his grinder.

I measured each cell pack and found out it ranges between 8.53v and 8.7v.

So now the problem. Shey BMS dey for this kain battery laidis àbí I just dey waste my time? grin grin

Please ideas will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SoftHeart(m): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Someone said that the wattage is suspect, so get a watt meter so you can be accurate.

About the fridge and freezer, they have starting current and running current. In plain English, when you turn on the fridge or freezer, it draws more current to start operating than it draws to keep operating.

That starting current draw can be 3 to 10 times the running current draw.

So let me repost what an internet resource I stumbled on said:

"As a general rule, the inverter you choose needs to be rated at 5 times the running current wattage of your refrigerator. In most cases, this will make sure the inverter can handle the running power of the refrigerator, and the surge power required to start."

So make sure you get these facts:

1. Continous power rating (Watts)
2. Surge power rating (Watts)
3. Input voltage (Volts)

Before you can conclude it is appropriately sized for your application
Thanks so much for this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Dam5reey(m), dacool1(m), Danibestguy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.