Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2070055 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2022
samnaija:

Not only lithium , but a big battery bank.
lolz, true to a certain extent, but I strongly resist the temptation to explain the merits of a particular chemistry over another grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin........this diehard leadacid man, no wahala, carry go bro. you use/buy leadacid or lithium...e no dey put 1 kobo for my pocket

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:32am On Aug 19, 2022
samnaija:

U no go rest?
grin grin grin ;

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 11:34am On Aug 19, 2022
Wow! This is very interesting. Can you give me the idea of the battery bank capacity of lead acid that you can comfortably draw 100amps plus for 5 hours on a stretch and the possible costs?
Thanks a million.
samnaija:

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:56pm On Aug 19, 2022
durodee:
Wow! This is very interesting. Can you give me the idea of the battery bank capacity of lead acid that you can comfortably draw 100amps plus for 5 hours on a stretch and the possible costs?
Thanks a million.

Here we go again. To All , this man has a big battery bank whether lithium or lead it's easy to take that much from your bank so far it is a big bank. The word is big bank .

Now to first timers entering renewable energy and you don't have his kind of large bank , you buy a small scale bank and try it , your cycle of battery will be halfed in no short time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
earthrealm:
lolz, true to a certain extent, but I strongly resist the temptation to explain the merits of a particular chemistry over another grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin........this diehard leadacid man, no wahala, carry go bro. you use/buy leadacid or lithium...e no dey put 1 kobo for my pocket

There is no where I stated I am a die hard lead acid person, there are a lot new entrants , that will jump into lithium ,with a small bank and think they can get away with what he stated. He has a big bank. You can do so much with it.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
gadgetplanetng:
For those with Hybrid inverters or mppt controllers,

How close is the solar wattage displayed to the size of panels you installed?

Eg if you have 2kw of panels do you see close to that in your input

I'm looking at mine today and seeing 5% of installed capacity instantaneously right now (series connection).

I'd replace the panels next week though but I'm just curious

Replaced panels and I'm getting over 80% of sticker capacity right now (2pm).

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
samnaija:

Here we go again. To All , this man has a big battery bank whether lithium or lead it's easy to take that much from your bank so far it is a big bank. The word is big bank .

Now to first timers entering renewable energy and you don't have his kind of large bank , you buy a small scale bank and try it , your cycle of battery will be halfed in no short time.

Yeah you're absolutely correct smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Replaced panels and I'm getting over 80% of sticker capacity right now (2pm).

Your replacement was from what to what please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
Trippledots:

Your replacement was from what to what please?

Alaba seller panels to Auxano Panels from manufacturer

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
Eagba:
which should we rather go for. My load is bulbs, tv, fan, phone. Sir please, also type of inverter.
I'm staying in a rented apartment, so no panel.
abeg someone experienced should please answer me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2022
Eagba:
which should we rather go for. My load is bulbs, tv, fan, phone. Sir please, also type of inverter and battery.
I'm staying in a rented apartment, so no panel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2022
Eagba:

Boss I don't have much experience, but if what you listed are the things you want to power, a small system can sustain you.

I have 40AH INEC Lithium battery (three in parallel) and 12V 1500va pure sinewave inverter (which is doubtful probably 150va), Charge controller two 160w Flames Panels. It powers my 32" LG Led TV, Strong decoder (or GoTV), DC Standing Fan, and 2 5W 12V DC Led bulbs, then charge my phones & Laptop (not regularly). The Panels are not generating much, but charges the battery full before 12PM on a sunny day. Sometimes madam use the blender. I have not bought fuel for a longtime.

You can get

between 100AH ~ 200AH battery
1200W ~3000W Panels
12V or 24V Pure Sinewave Inverter to power your loads.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Eagba:
what's your budget and how is phcn in your area?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
microgiant:

Boss I don't have much experience, but if what you listed are the things you want to power, a small system can sustain you.

I have 40AH INEC Lithium battery (three in parallel) and 12V 1500va pure sinewave inverter (which is doubtful probably 150va), Charge controller two 160w Flames Panels. It powers my 32" LG Led TV, Strong decoder (or GoTV), DC Standing Fan, and 2 5W 12V DC Led bulbs, then charge my phones & Laptop (not regularly). The Panels are not generating much, but charges the battery full before 12PM on a sunny day. Sometimes madam use the blender. I have not bought fuel for a longtime.

You can get

between 100AH ~ 200AH battery
1200W ~3000W Panels
12V or 24V Pure Sinewave Inverter to power your loads.

I'm not using panels cos I'm staying in a rented apartment now. but your whole system costed you how much? n I probably need inverter and battery names. thanks sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2022
Eagba:
I'm not using panels cos I'm staying in a rented apartment now. but your whole system costed you how much? n I probably need inverter and battery names. thanks sir

See the dealers

Penuelseun:

I bought those batteries as used for #5K each at the time (2015), not knowing there importance, it is being sold around 45K if available
inverter for about #17K (ripped by Post Office EMS and paid Custom duty of #14K) and Panels 52K for the two pieces on Jumia

I had the batteries for a long time before a nairalander Dishtech posted about the batteries sometime in 2019 that was when I bought the inverter on aliexpress.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbeckky: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wow! That was a long time ago, I am pretty sure the price will be tripled by now. Pls bro, which would you advise i get to power 2 ceiling fans, 40inches smart TV, 3or4 bulbs, charging of phones and laptop
microgiant:

See the dealers

I bought those batteries as used for #5K each at the time, not knowing there importance, it is being sold around 45K if available
inverter for about #17K (ripped by Post Office EMS and paid Custom duty of #14K) and Panels 52K for the two pieces on Jumia

I had the batteries for along time before a nairalander Dishtech posted about the batteries sometime in 2019 that was when I bought the inverter on aliexpress.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
bbeckky:
Wow! That was a long time ago, I am pretty sure the price will be tripled by now. Pls bro, which would you advise i get to power 2 ceiling fans, 40inches smart TV, 3or4 bulbs, charging of phones and laptop

Boss, I am not an expert on the subject. The ogas are coming to respond to your questions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2022
Penuelseun:
my budget is #220k . phcn is occasional . like 3days in a week.

myself and wifey are hardly at home during the week.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
Eagba:
my budget is #220k . phcn is occasional . like 3days in a week.

myself and wifey are hardly at home during the week.
I won't advise you to buy a lead acid battery because of sulphation as there is no solar to recharge the battery when it is low in the absence of mains electricity, lithium cells suffer no sulphation due to partial charging. I will advise that you increase your budget to around 300k, a 100ah lifepo4 battery with a 12v 1.2kva tbb inverter will do the trick. Battery around 180k, inverter is around 83k. Wiring and installation will take the remaining money

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
samnaija:

There is no where I stated I am a die hard lead acid person, there are a lot new entrants , that will jump into lithium ,with a small bank and think they can get away with what he stated. He has a big bank. You can do so much with it.

Actually you can mostly get away unscathed with fairly small lithium banks with as much as 100A draw. A 12v 150Ah LFP bank can give you that much draw, the only limiting factor being the BMS. Then the expectation in such instance is the shortening of the backup time. Beyond those two things, there is no need to fear any halving of the life span.

So what this means is that a new entrant with 12v 150Ah LA bank can not get away with that much whereas a new entrant with similar bank in LFP can get away with so much more, though not advisable to make it a habit.

gadgetplanetng:

Alaba seller panels to Auxano Panels from manufacturer

How do they organise their waybill to the buyer?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2022
sethtsadopp:

In your opinion don't you think majority of the marketers in this thread fall into the bolded category?

How many people have you done business with on this thread.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
ceaser:

u should contact them, they can waybill to any location in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
Valto:
u should contact them, they can waybill to any location in Nigeria.

Please, their contact again?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2022
ceaser:

Thank you for the input.

I am also well aware that NI-Cad Hydride come with 1.2v nominal. But the problem with this one is that it seems the individual cells have been welded together to form the bar you can see in that picture. There is absolutely no way, at least I can't see any rims, one can pry apart those individual cells.

So it seems they are treated as a pack of 8 cells in series to form a single bar (like a chocolate bar) which is treated as single battery. I doubt if there is any form of battery management between those series arrangement.

Then each 8.5v bar is put in series with another bar, but this time using a copper bus bar. These copper bus bar connection is done for each battery bar in series until a nominal voltage of 100v is attained in each pack you can see in the picture.

The best I can achieve in breaking down the battery is the 8.4v per bar. At the bus bar connection between each successive bars in series, a balance wire could be placed much like we do for Lithium series connection. That is at each 8.4v point.

That is my problem. I'm not sure there is a BMS for 8.5v cell balancing.

Update:

So I had a little time on my hands. I found out that the body of the battery is the negative electrode while the narrow side junction forms the positive electrode. So I had the common positive electrode marked, then tested each welded cell one after the other and sequentially from the closest to the farthest from the positive electrode. I then marked the voltages on each.

Apparently, the voltage on each cell is averagely 1.02v.

Still figuring more out.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2022
ceaser:

Please, their contact again?
contact thier boss on WhatsApp 0816-394-9428

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2022
Valto:
contact thier boss on WhatsApp 0816-394-9428

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2022
Penuelseun:
I won't advise you to buy a lead acid battery because of sulphation as there is no solar to recharge the battery when it is low in the absence of mains electricity, lithium cells suffer no sulphation due to partial charging. I will advise that you increase your budget to around 300k, a 100ah lifepo4 battery with a 12v 1.2kva tbb inverter will do the trick. Battery around 180k, inverter is around 83k. Wiring and installation will take the remaining money
thanks a whole lot
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
ceaser:

Normal cargo. They used one cargo company I usually get things from Lagos with
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Normal cargo. They used one cargo company I usually get things from Lagos with

Gracias. A direct company contact is something much desirable at a time like this in Buhari's Nigeria when one can't afford to pay inflated costs for unguaranteed quality, especially when it has to do with making installation for clients.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 9:40pm On Aug 19, 2022
ceaser:

Gracias. A direct company contact is something much desirable at a time like this in Buhari's Nigeria when one can't afford to pay inflated costs for unguaranteed quality, especially when it has to do with making installation for clients.

My main issue even is the quality.

A lot of these sellers just go to people's shops and sell you what they see there (oso ahia) so they can't vouch for the quality or source even.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2022
ceaser:

Update:

So I had a little time on my hands. I found out that the body of the battery is the negative electrode while the narrow side junction forms the positive electrode. So I had the common positive electrode marked, then tested each welded cell one after the other and sequentially from the closest to the farthest from the positive electrode. I then marked the voltages on each.

Apparently, the voltage on each cell is averagely 1.02v.

Still figuring more out.

Tear each apart bro.
U only need to create a new negative terminal to enable u to run 10 psc as 12v.

U were only faster dan i thought as per d above discovery.

The problem here is how to charge each cell full be combining dem i.e top balance each.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oldienavie: 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
ojeysky:

Madam was doing her thing in the kitchen at the time of taking this screenshot plus 2 ACs on. I use electric cooker, those type that have glass covering. They are probably faster than some has cookers and are pot independent
Bros can you please share a picture/information about the type of hotplate that you use with this please ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: purplekayc(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.