Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2043703 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
TechGeek777:

Bro abeg help me look if this Output specification -> "Vented/ Sealed / Gel / NiCd / Lithium battery(defined voltage for other battery by user)" means editable charge voltage settings

Does this mean MakeSkyBlue can not work for flooded/tubular? -> Suitable for battery types of sealed lead acid, vented Gel, and Lithium battery

Attached images are the description from
https://makeskyblue.com/collections/solar-controller/products/60a-mppt-solar-charge-controller
It is stated there clearly na, that the voltage can be adjusted from 12v to 17v

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Abiono28: 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:45am On Sep 02, 2022
Penuelseun:
It is stated there clearly na, that the voltage can be adjusted from 12v to 17v

I asked because it was not clearly stated that it does equalization.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:46am On Sep 02, 2022
Penuelseun:
small tbb inverters do not have any display on them, but they sell external display meter through which you can edit the settings and look at the inverter information. Read it can be integrated online through raspberry pi.

Bro please which these device can give me the aforementioned features

Cyber System Monitor
[url]http://nigeria.tbbpower.com/products/details?sort=Accessories&name=Cyber%20System%20Monitor[/url]

Vison Pro/ Vison Lite Monitor System
http://nigeria.tbbpower.com/products/details?sort=Accessories&name=CCT
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 2:41am On Sep 02, 2022
TechGeek777:

You can trigger equalization voltage yourself by raising the battery voltage to between 15.5v and 16v for about 3hrs maybe monthly depending on usage. It is not a must for it to be stated there

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 2:42am On Sep 02, 2022
TechGeek777:

Bro please which these device can give me the aforementioned features

Cyber System Monitor
[url]http://nigeria.tbbpower.com/products/details?sort=Accessories&name=Cyber%20System%20Monitor[/url]

Vison Pro/ Vison Lite Monitor System
http://nigeria.tbbpower.com/products/details?sort=Accessories&name=CCT
I think it will be better if you send them a mail
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:18am On Sep 02, 2022
Penuelseun:
You can trigger equalization voltage yourself by raising the battery voltage to between 15.5v and 16v for about 3hrs maybe monthly depending on usage. It is not a must for it to be stated there

Oh I see, thanks bro for the enlightenment
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:07am On Sep 02, 2022
If you have an inverter that can put out 40a per 12v 220Ah battery then certainly you do not need an extra standalone charger.

Your inverter at 40a can already refill your single 220Ah battery within 4 to 8 hours which is fast enough. The math here is not linear as there is how deep the battery was discharged as well as the physics of absorb and float charge stages to consider

You should never run the battery empty neither should you charge it too fast - about 30a is the max that should go into a single flooded 12v 220Ah battery so you are in a good place with your inverter alone.

TechGeek777:

Boss my primary charge for now could be Grid/Gen, do I still need standalone charger?

Do you have idea if PowMr 60A MPPT or MakeSkyBlue 60A MPPT have editable charge voltage settings?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:16am On Sep 02, 2022
So without meaning to rain on your parade, it is entirely possible to get confused in a multitude of counsel - you have received info from so many contributors here that I fear you may make a suboptimal decision when/if all that sound advise freely given is not interpreted in the right context.

Please may I suggest you retable your needs simply as below;

My load is averagely """"300""""""watts (consisting of a, b, c appliances). I am looking for a system that will give me ?X hours of backup with the primary battery recharge source being PHCN or Gen or Solar??. I already decided to use 12v flooded batteries so I just need help choosing a matching inverter/ solar charge controller and other accessories. I have no plans of upgrading the system in the next X? months/years

This should help you much better to get all your support in one place and in a format you can safely use. DIY is sweet but there is a framework required as a base to do it properly.

TechGeek777:

Bro abeg help me look if this Output specification -> "Vented/ Sealed / Gel / NiCd / Lithium battery(defined voltage for other battery by user)" means editable charge voltage settings

Does this mean MakeSkyBlue can not work for flooded/tubular? -> Suitable for battery types of sealed lead acid, vented Gel, and Lithium battery

Attached images are the description from
https://makeskyblue.com/collections/solar-controller/products/60a-mppt-solar-charge-controller

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:21am On Sep 02, 2022
aviona:
Agreed, the disadvantages of a wall-mounted or vertical solar array outnumber the advantages. However, it’s used in cases where you have no better options in terms of mounting space on or around a building, yet the client needs to have renewable energy in the building.
These type of setups can still generate 100 percentage of required energy if intelligent and calculated pv oversizing is done.
So please calm down a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhyb62CvOU

Having seen this video couple of weeks ago and now seeing the bank's project about a day ago, I had to search for the video again.

I don't think it is an effort in futility. With serious constraints in roof space for high rise buildings as that and much more constraints in harnessing wind energy, this may be the more realistic way to harness alternative energy.

They may have to device other means of proper integration with grid (if they still want to use grid power), diesel generator (which will still be inevitable given the huge power demands of such building) and/or gas plants (which is most desirable giving its clean and availability status in the Nigerian context).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:27am On Sep 02, 2022
Speaking of solar roofs, this idea was first conceptualised by Elon Musk and I decided to follow the idea as it trended. But apparently Elon did not continue with the idea.

Our Chinese folks wey no dey waste time have already latched onto the idea and now mass producing it.

It seems expensive for the size though notwithstanding the aesthetic value of having such on your home.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 6:23am On Sep 02, 2022
Penuelseun:
I think it will be better if you send them a mail

I chatted them on WhatsApp but they said "Cyber System Monitor" has some of the features I mentioned, while "Vison Lite Monitor System" can be used to program params.

So I deduced, perhaps it's both device that can give the needed features.

I asked myself if I must get those display meters/monitors to get what I want.

But on afterthought, I remembered (Luminous Optimus 1100VA 12V) can equally give the first, second, third features listed at a lesser price if you combined the price of tbb + display meter/monitors.

Then I was asking myself if tbb route is worth it just for the sake of the fridge.

I read some reviews online where user complained that "Luminous Optimus 1100VA 12V" is a bit noisy during usage, coupled with the fact that it's rated 924W so still don't know if it would carry the fridge posted earlier as that's the only appliance that I am considering.

Although "Elepaq Sv2200 1.2kva" could not carry the fridge but I know elepac overrate they Gen capacity reasons best known to them.

Please when you were using the tbb 1.2kv, did you get those device(s) alongside?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2022
TechGeek777:

I chatted them on WhatsApp but they said "Cyber System Monitor" has some of the features I mentioned, while "Vison Lite Monitor System" can be used to program params.

So I deduced, perhaps it's both device that can give the needed features.

I asked myself if I must get those display meters/monitors to get what I want.

But on afterthought, I remembered (Luminous Optimus 1100VA 12V) can equally give the first, second, third features listed at a lesser price if you combined the price of tbb + display meter/monitors.

Then I was asking myself if tbb route is worth it just for the sake of the fridge.

I read some reviews online where user complained that "Luminous Optimus 1100VA 12V" is a bit noisy during usage, coupled with the fact that it's rated 924W so still don't know if it would carry the fridge posted earlier as that's the only appliance that I am considering.

Although "Elepaq Sv2200 1.2kva" could not carry the fridge but I know elepac overrate they Gen capacity reasons best known to them.

Please when you were using the tbb 1.2kv, did you get those device(s) alongside?
No, I didn't get those devices, I went directly to their office, told them what I wanted and they programed the inverter appropriately

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:47am On Sep 02, 2022
kiekie1:
AVAILABLE!

Quanta 200a 12v deep cycle battery
Warranty: 12 months
Country of manufacture: India

PRICE: N198,000

For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:47am On Sep 02, 2022
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a .... N20,000
12v 150a.....N15,000
12v 100a.......N10,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ..

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2022
jackson44:

I need ¥¥1600 urgently .

Done.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2022
Juror:

Thanks for your contribution as always. I need some clarification.
I believe generally, charging each battery in it's isolated state with a 12V charger is normal but based on your experience and what you've practically done, do you attach the 12V charger to each battery's terminal without disconnecting them from the string?

Also, do you switch off solar charging for them while doing so or the solar charging continues while the individual chargers also charge the batteries while being powered from the grid or Gen?
CC: NiyiOmoIyunade
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
Trippledots:
Solar sweet oh... So after mustering courage and finance and grace to relocate from a house that the landlord doesn't allow solar installation, only one tenant has the gate key, needs you to get permission before putting mosquito nets, etc... I moved into a bigger apart5with the landlord in full support of your convenience. In his words... "My son, make the place comfortable as you want.". I installed some of those beoken panels I also helped some persons here procure.... My harvest with a dull sky hit about 5 times what my former installation could do on a very good day.... grin grin. Plus upgrade from about 1kw panels to around 1.7kw....and i never exhaust all my pv panels I bought. cheesy

Na to upgrade enter 48v system de my mind now.

Join me thank God my people.

Omo! No be small suffer u suffer o.... grin...thank God for deliverance.. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
TechGeek777:

It mustn't be stated. You should be able to set it manually by yourself.

The Pow Mr CC, for instance, has profiles for different battery types. Within each battery profile, you can also set the floating and absorption voltages. You can choose as high 16.0v as floating voltage and 17.0v as absorption voltage. But i honestly don't know which of the stated profiles should suit tubular batteries. I am guessing Sealed thiugh. Hopefully, veterans will clarify.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
Still available
3.5kva 48v fairly used Sukam inverter for sale. Call/Wasap 08033735359 now

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jackson44(m): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
zeestone99:

Done.

Yes , Received.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
ceaser:
Speaking of solar roofs, this idea was first conceptualised by Elon Musk and I decided to follow the idea as it trended. But apparently Elon did not continue with the idea.

Our Chinese folks wey no dey waste time have already latched onto the idea and now mass producing it.

It seems expensive for the size though notwithstanding the aesthetic value of having such on your home.

Them really no dey waste time oh.

The new redesigned PowMr MPPT 60A Solar Charger Controller @ Odimbannamdi posted about some days back, claims it has a reactivation function to awaken a sleeping Lithium Battery BMS shocked

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
microgiant:

The new redesigned PowMr MPPT 60A Solar Charger Controller @ Odimbannamdi posted about some days back, claims it has a reactivation function to awaken a sleeping Lithium Battery BMS shocked

cheesy

When the guy no be Jesus... grin grin

Anyways, I trust our guys here to subject it to several tests to confirm the claim.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Available now

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parrallel- 410k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel- 310k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc non parallel - 295k

Sunmart 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 310k(out of stock)

Sunmart 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 260k( out of stock)

Epever 60a mppt charge controller - 135k

Epever 100a mppt charge controller - 210k

Must 100a mppt solar charge controller - 130k (out of stock)

Must 60a mppt solar charge controller - 110k

Fangpusun flexmax 80a mppt charge controller - 230k

Axpert 3.5kva 50amps pwm hybrid inverter - (out of stock )

1.7kva smarten inverter PSW - 90k

Avr/current limiter 60a - 8k
3 in 1 avr/current limiter with kwh display - 15k
DC SPD 600v - 9k
Watt meter - 8k
Programmable timer 15a UK pkug - 8k
Programmable timer 25a - 9k
DC breaker single pole - 2.5k
DC breakers double pole 63a - 6k
DC breaker double pole 100a - 8k
Dc breaker double pole 125a - 9k
Ha02 battery balancer - 35k
30a souer smart battery charger 12v - 20k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a - 20k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a - 23k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 125a - 25k
40a mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller - 70k
Fangpusun 50amps mppt controller - 75k
60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller - 115k (out of stock)
60amps powermr mppt - 68k
Quanta 200ah original - 200k
DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 4:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
Do you have a direct link to this new one that makes this claim of being able to wake up a sleeping BMS on protection mode?
microgiant:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
VALTECH range of pure sine wave (standalone) inverters available
brand new grade A eve 230ah Lifepo4 Lithium battery cells available
eve 50ah lifepo4 lithium battery available
dedicated 12v and 24v lifepo4 lithium battery chargers available
different types of (JBD & DALY) lifepo4 lithium battery bms available.
Brand new DEYE 48V 5KW HYBRID INVERTER AVAILABLE
brand new EPEVER 30A Mppt Tracer A Series 12v/24v solar charge controller available
fully coupled 24v 230ah and 48v 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery available
we can couple lifepo4 cells in high quality metal or wooden boxes
whatsapp 0802-057-4628.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malevonent: 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
Valto:
VALTECH range of pure sine wave (standalone) inverters available
brand new grade A eve 230ah Lifepo4 Lithium battery cells available
eve 50ah lifepo4 lithium battery available
dedicated 12v and 24v lifepo4 lithium battery chargers available
different types of (JBD & DALY) lifepo4 lithium battery bms available.
Brand new DEYE 48V 5KW HYBRID INVERTER AVAILABLE
brand new EPEVER 30A Mppt Tracer A Series 12v/24v solar charge controller available
fully coupled 24v 230ah and 48v 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery available
we can couple lifepo4 cells in high quality metal or wooden boxes
whatsapp 0802-057-4628.

A MUST READ FOR YOU AND YOUR KIND

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Malevonent:

A MUST READ FOR YOU AND YOUR KIND
DM for price works for me bro wink a honest serious buyer slides into DM and seal deals, not asking and haggling prices on open forum and spamming the thread.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:10am On Sep 03, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
If you have an inverter that can put out 40a per 12v 220Ah battery then certainly you do not need an extra standalone charger.

Your inverter at 40a can already refill your single 220Ah battery within 4 to 8 hours which is fast enough. The math here is not linear as there is how deep the battery was discharged as well as the physics of absorb and float charge stages to consider.

You should never run the battery empty neither should you charge it too fast - about 30a is the max that should go into a single flooded 12v 220Ah battery so you are in a good place with your inverter alone.

Thanks boss 30a Max is noted.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:40am On Sep 03, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
So without meaning to rain on your parade, it is entirely possible to get confused in a multitude of counsel - you have received info from so many contributors here that I fear you may make a suboptimal decision when/if all that sound advise freely given is not interpreted in the right context.

Please may I suggest you retable your needs simply as below;

My load is averagely """"300""""""watts (consisting of a, b, c appliances). I am looking for a system that will give me ?X hours of backup with the primary battery recharge source being PHCN or Gen or Solar??. I already decided to use 12v flooded batteries so I just need help choosing a matching inverter/ solar charge controller and other accessories. I have no plans of upgrading the system in the next X? months/years

This should help you much better to get all your support in one place and in a format you can safely use. DIY is sweet but there is a framework required as a base to do it properly.

My Load:
1. LG 32” LED Full HD TV 32LP500BPTA - this will be on for (6 - 8hrs on weekdays), & (8 - 12hrs on weekends)

2. HP 620 Laptop - this will be used Max 4hrs per day at 2hrs each usage then unplug when full to use laptop battery for 3hrs before charging again for another 2hrs if I still want to use it.

3. AKT 20 Watts Energy Bulb (4 Pieces) - only two will be on at a time.
Note: If 20W is too much I can discard them to purchase lower watts that will also give maximum brightness.

4. LG 7kg Washing Machine (200W to Max 360W) - this will be used Max 2 hours per day twice a week.
Note: When it's been use other appliances can go off.

5. Hisense Top Mount Defrost 204L Refrigerator DRB-205 (0.9A & 220v - 240v) - this will be powered for 3 - 4hrs only if there's no light for 48hrs straight.
Note: Other appliances can go off when using this.

(Optional Load)
6. 60" ORL Ceiling Fan - I can ignore this as there's Qasa 18" fan with 20W panel to take care of this and it last days on a single charge, as a matter of fact it has never run down anyday.

7. LG Xboom CJ44 Audio Deck - I do not intend to power this with the inverter as when the volume is increased I know it will certainly drain the battery faster cause it's so loud.

(NOT NEEDED)
Electric Hot stove double plate - this is same as the image posted by ojeysky some previous pages. Binatone Cool Guard reads that this is 1000W+ for the small plate but I DO NOT INTEND TO POWER THIS WITH INVERTER.

General Note: My focus is on 1 - 5, but if calculations can also be done to include 5&6 it will be appreciated.

PHCN Power Supply (2am - 5am) & (8am - 11am).

Primary battery recharge source could be PHCN & Gen or PHCN & Solar.

I have no plan upgrading in the next 3yrs.

I do not wish to install myself (but I want to buy everything and call an installer to install them. But I should know what he's doing at each stage.

I wish to use 12v 220ah Luminous Tubular battery, but a better Lead Acid battery can be recommended.

I need help choosing a matching inverter (possibly the one that can display load percentage & battery backup/charge time and if possible also have editable charge voltage/current), solar charge controller and other accessories (including cable size, DC fuse/Breakers, battery rack if relevant e.t.c)

Also recommend the generator size that can charge the battery via inverter on raining days and in the absence of PHCN.

If the amount of everything including installation can be stated it would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by laptopsforsale: 6:53am On Sep 03, 2022
Valto:
DM for price works for me bro wink a honest serious buyer slides into DM and seal deals, not asking and haggling prices on open forum and spamming the thread.

I do think it is the other way round. If a potential buyer sees your price online and they slide into your DM, then they are definitely serious with patronizing you as they already have an idea on how much your item is. They will negotiate from a place of knowledge of your price - which will be an average of their own minimum offer and maximum price they can pay for.

Just saying sha. Different strokes for different folks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:20am On Sep 03, 2022
laptopsforsale:

I do think it is the other way round. If a potential buyer sees your price online and they slide into your DM, then they are definitely serious with patronizing you as they already have an idea on how much your item is. They will negotiate from a place of knowledge of your price - which will be an average of their own minimum offer and maximum price they can pay for.

Just saying sha. Different strokes for different folks.
a serious buyer will not suddenly become interested because of attached prices. this thread is for solar energy discussion, not my own marketplace. i post for only interested persons to contact me and seal deals.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: isnigeriadead, Idboyostic(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.