Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2055689 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (1688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bobojoshua(m): 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
GeorgeD1:
sathob,

i think there is a fundamental error in your calculation which does not account for battery depth of discharge and the fact that amp-hours is same as watts (power).

going through the calculation again, a 12v battery of 84ah will supply a total of

1008watts (84x12)

but that is 100% of stored energy and by extracting all 1008w we will be draining the battery completely flat (which is not advisable). so we stick to a battery depth of discharge (d.o.d) of 80% and this translates to

(1008 x 0.8 ) = 806.4w

so, we can only extract a maximum of 806.4w from this battery instead of 1008w.

now, ignoring system losses (wiring, battery internal resistance, inverter efficiency, etc)

150w load will give you a total run time of:

806.4w divided by 150w. this equals 5.376 hours,

which is exactly 5hours, 22mins.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
********** SOLAR DEPOT NIGERIA ***********

For those in doubt about US Battery, please check out the specs link below.

http://pdf.wholesalesolar.com/battery-folder/usbattery/RE-L16.pdf

Email: info@solardepotng.com Mobile: 0803 260 2629
www.solardepotng.com

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 12:34am On Jan 31, 2016
c0ogumo:
********** SOLAR DEPOT NIGERIA ***********

For those in doubt about US Battery, please check out the specs link below.

http://pdf.wholesalesolar.com/battery-folder/usbattery/RE-L16.pdf

Email: info@solardepotng.com Mobile: 0803 260 2629
www.solardepotng.com

I honestly believe no one is doubting the US batts. Most of us including myself are always afraid of change. I have personally r esearched the US batts and I discovered its no diff from our beloved trojan.
Let me share my experience:
pls note: all I write here 2nite is my personal opinion and does not in any way mean I am 100% correct.

Few months ago, I discovered one of my trojans had an internal injury which made the batt read zero volt. I tested all 3 cells and discovered one of them is not connected. (I don't know what caused it).
I knew that if I open the battery, ill be able to fix the problem. As an academician, I began seroius research to find out how the internal structure of the T105 batt look like. My research led me to us batts. I can boldly say that" its either trojan copied us batt or vice versa".
I used the schematics I found from us batt to repair my failed T105 . I observed that both batts are d same in cell technology and internal design. it contained all the feats advertised by trojan. I dont know who is copying who among the two giants.
I even saw a video of how us batts are made but trojan kept theirs a secret. Trojans remain the market leader maybe because of their "packaging" but I believe us batts are similar to trojans.
I hope to use the us L16 for my next client.
Though, I don't think I have ever posted on this forum that I install for people but by d grace of God, I'll do this with us batts to show everyone that there's nothing wrong with them and I personally is not in doubt.
I am aware a friend (pharyn) is likely to be the first to use them within the nairaland solar forum, I want to encourage him to tell us how it went since he has now tasted both worlds.

And for those who cant afford both usa batts, I can boldly say that the mercury tubular being peddled by that aggressive marketer is a very good alternative. I had d privilege of installing 12 units of them with 15 units of 300w yashi mono panels and the result was impressive. I took time to observe the cells and was amazed as I doubted if they were mercury or trojan L16. (pls don't argue except u av seen both side by side).
But I have a strong feeling that mercury may reduce their standard in subsequent batches but the MADE IN USA BATTS(trojans and US) can never compromise standard.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 1:57am On Jan 31, 2016
abunafiu:

I honestly believe no one is doubting the US batts. Most of us including myself are always afraid of change. I have personally r esearched the US batts and I discovered its no diff from our beloved trojan.
Let me share my experience:
pls note: all I write here 2nite is my personal opinion and does not in any way mean I am 100% correct.

Few months ago, I discovered one of my trojans had an internal injury which made the batt read zero volt. I tested all 3 cells and discovered one of them is not connected. (I don't know what caused it).
I knew that if I open the battery, ill be able to fix the problem. As an academician, I began seroius research to find out how the internal structure of the T105 batt look like. My research led me to us batts. I can boldly say that" its either trojan copied us batt or vice versa".
I used the schematics I found from us batt to repair my failed T105 . I observed that both batts are d same in cell technology and internal design. it contained all the feats advertised by trojan. I dont know who is copying who among the two giants.
I even saw a video of how us batts are made but trojan kept theirs a secret. Trojans remain the market leader maybe because of their "packaging" but I believe us batts are similar to trojans.
I hope to use the us L16 for my next client.
Though, I don't think I have ever posted on this forum that I install for people but by d grace of God, I'll do this with us batts to show everyone that there's nothing wrong with them and I personally is not in doubt.
I am aware a friend (pharyn) is likely to be the first to use them within the nairaland solar forum, I want to encourage him to tell us how it went since he has now tasted both worlds.

And for those who cant afford both usa batts, I can boldly say that the mercury tubular being peddled by that aggressive marketer is a very good alternative. I had d privilege of installing 12 units of them with 15 units of 300w yashi mono panels and the result was impressive. I took time to observe the cells and was amazed as I doubted if they were mercury or trojan L16. (pls don't argue except u av seen both side by side).
But I have a strong feeling that mercury may reduce their standard in subsequent batches but the MADE IN USA BATTS(trojans and US) can never compromise standard.
I think cell efficiency will be the difference. But one must outlast the other
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 2:04am On Jan 31, 2016
JUO:
Hello friends.
I hereby introduce this piece of a gadget to you.
I have been testing this small but mighty machine for over 3 weeks now.
The results turns out to be impressive.
I have a few number of them for sale to anyone interested.

It is 30 and 40amps mppt controller with additional features of equalization of flooded batteries 28 days and inbuilt display .

New Epsolar Tracer A series available. For small setup 12-24v. . Max pv input voltage 100v. 30a only 25k for the first buyer
Features:
• Advanced MPPT technology
• High tracking efficiency no less than 99.5%
• Peak conversion efficiency of 98%
• Ultra-fast tracking speed
• Accurately recognizing and tracking of multiple power point
• Multi-function LCD displays system information intuitively
• User programmable for battery types, load control etc.
• 3-Stage charge with PWM output
• Common positive grounding design
• RS485 port with industrial standard MODBUS open architecture
• Fully programmable function via PC software or remote meter

Electronic protections:
• PV reverse polarity protection
• PV short circuit protection
• PV over current alarm protection
• Battery overcharge protection
• Battery over discharge protection
• Battery reverse polarity protection
• Load short circuit protection
• Load overload protection
• Overheating protection

N.B Remote not included
o8o-987-33709
please request for the remote if needed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2016
JUO:
I think cell efficiency will be the difference. But one must outlast the other
Yes bro, it can never be ruled out as a possibility.
I shall post a link to a video on how I discovered the US batts internal structure which assisted me in fixing my trojan.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Here's the youtube link to see a summarised process of how us batts are manufactured.
You can only compare if u have a spare trojan to open to confirm my story.

Deep Cycle Battery 101 manufacturing - OEM ending - YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFtepc9Tpmc&itct=CDQQpDAYASITCLnSls3B08oCFdIOHAodHiAH6lIRZGVlcGN5Y2xlIDEwMSBvZW0%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
pls house! how much is 100w or 300w mini inverter. pls urgent reply is highly appreciated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bobojoshua(m): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
BUTONEDAY:
@ George_D,
I have been trying to get in touch with my battery supplier in Lagos but could not at this moment. I think he still have some 260 Amp hour batteries. One 260 amp battery weighs 80kg

@ All,

Some tips to make your batteries last longer.

1) Recharge your batteries slowly (using automated charger/charge controller). Do not take your batteries to local battery chargers by the road side.

2)  Recharge a your batteries as soon as possible after each use to prevent sulfation.

3) .High ambient temperatures will shorten your battery life. Store in a cold dry place. Not in the fridge.

4)  Avoid draining your batteries too deep if you do not have deep cycle batteries. Shallower depth-of-discharge will increases your battery life.

5) When in storage, recharge when the state-of-charge drops to 80% to prevent lead sulfation.

6) Do not mix used batteries with new ones. The used batteries will act as load

7) keep your batteries well maintained. Clean the terminals when required.

cool Conduct regular routine battery discharge test.

9) Never discharge below 10.5 volts.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
I like to read from honest open-minded individuals. Abunafiu is as opinionated as any other person on this forum but doesn't let that make him distort facts. A quality which has always (and will always) endear him to me.

I'm in direct communication with two US Battery company execs (well, two individuals there). I'm not sure of their T105 batteries but I assure they make far many more L16 than any other battery maker known. Indeed, they make L16 batteries for many of the top battery manufacturers (check out Deka, Interstate, etc). It's no secret they're rivals with Trojan. Have always been. They even sport an RE line of the same batteries too.

Simply an honest report. Stick to Trojan if you must but know the truth for it shall set you free.

PS: I haven't checked the PDF link but I doubt I need to. I'm speaking from my last check about 6 months ago. I don't know if much has changed since then but I doubt it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Expertt: 5:11am On Feb 02, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house.what is the advantage of 48v inverter system over a 180v inverter system. I saw an advert of a sukam 10kva/180v inverter that is cheaper than prag 5kva/48v. Please your professional advice is important. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:32am On Feb 02, 2016
Expertt:
Hello Gurus in the house.what is the advantage of 48v inverter system over a 180v inverter system. I saw an advert of a sukam 10kva/180v inverter that is cheaper than prag 5kva/48v. Please your professional advice is important. Thanks.

FIrst off, a 180v system is not for boys, its for men grin , in that you need minimum of 15 units 12v batts for it to even work, thats the barest minimum, while a 48v inverter requires 4units of 12v battery barest minimum requirement for it to even work/start

that alone is the critical/major difference...........any other difference is what i assume u know already...........load it can carry/wiring requirement etc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2016
Expertt:
180 V is a lazy man's way of doing DC to AC. The transformer on the prag is bigger. Knowing how challenging our systems can be, I will take the bigger transformer
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 12:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
Busy last three days. Installation in Ogun state. Client is off grid

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
Today we finished another installation in Port Harcourt. We used the US batteries for the first time. They are rated highly in the United States. We will keep you posted.
This 3 kva comes with a 60 amp AC charger and a 40 amp MPPT controller. At 11 am we were seeing 750 watts from 1500 watts in panels on a not very sunny day.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
chris81964:
Today we finished another installation in Port Harcourt. We used the US batteries for the first time. They are rated highly in the United States. We will keep you posted.
This 3 kva comes with a 60 amp AC charger and a 40 amp MPPT controller. At 11 am we were seeing 750 watts from 1500 watts in panels on a not very sunny day.

Nice one Boss.

Weldone!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
Konnektions146:

Nice one Boss.

Weldone!

Thank you sir. We appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
chris81964:

Thank you sir. We appreciate
please which inverter is that in the installation?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 9:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
DUNKA:
please which inverter is that in the installation?

Axpert Mex. It has the 60 amp AC charger and 40 amp MPPT charger for a combined 100 amp total. I have two more left.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:12am On Feb 03, 2016
chris81964:

Nice one. I've used a few US Battery batteries. I'll give feedback at 2, 3 and 4 year intervals.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Optimixim(m): 5:18am On Feb 03, 2016
chris81964:

Axpert Mex. It has the 60 amp AC charger and 40 amp MPPT charger for a combined 100 amp total. I have two more left.
. I have worked closely with this axpert inverter closely, and the 3kw seems to get burn when a certain charging amps passes through it (DC current). I have so many cases cos I worked in a company where I handled both installation and maintenance, chris81964, did you got yours recently cos that company stopped the importation for some time now, the i-power inverter sold by zinox is same with axpert though they have corrected the error, another problem I experienced is that the paralleling of 3 units to form a three phase system do fail on synchronization, I met with the chinese chipmunks who does the manufacturing, they said that I need to upgrade the malware. So I now get my axpert from other source but now going for i-power which I have installed series of both,and still on close monitoring. Pls chris81964n if you have any experience with axpert, share here. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:22am On Feb 03, 2016
chris81964:
Busy last three days. Installation in Ogun state. Client is off grid

Congrats sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 8:47am On Feb 03, 2016
Saipro:

I like the answers you have been given and everyone is right. Your controller should more frequently see in the range of 33A to 38A and occassionally, 43+A. For a 48V system, your configuration is perfect (efficiency rises as you narrow the difference between Vmp and nominal system voltage. This might however not be the case in instances of long distances from the panels to the CC (often quoted as in excess of 30m - 50m, depending on autority and other parameters). High voltage = lower transmission loss and this can often offset whatever gain you hope to achieve by using strings of 2. My system is similar to yours (250W x 9) in three strings of 3 for a nominal 48V system. It works the CC a bit more (a Midnite Classic 150) but I have no worries on the transmission efficiency over a 10m stretch using 10mm2 cables. Those are the academics of the logic.

Back to the question, if your cables are the right size (10mm2 or higher), go for the 4 strings of 3. If your cables are smaller, you might want to consider 3 strings of 4.

Thanks a lot Saipro. I've changed the configuration now to 3 X 3. One panel lying redundant. Will have to buy 2 more panels to compliment and get 3x4.

Distance from the panels to CC is about 15m. Funny enough even with old config, I never saw anything above, 30A in my CC LCD. Unless it did while I was not there.
Is there anywhere maximum current from the PV is recorded in the morningstar CC as historic data?
I've seen PV max voltage, battery ah, total watts etc, but nor max Amps
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 9:00am On Feb 03, 2016
JUO:
please request for the remote if needed

Any 60A alternative (same product)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 9:14am On Feb 03, 2016
Optimixim:
. I have worked closely with this axpert inverter closely, and the 3kw seems to get burn when a certain charging amps passes through it (DC current). I have so many cases cos I worked in a company where I handled both installation and maintenance, chris81964, did you got yours recently cos that company stopped the importation for some time now, the i-power inverter sold by zinox is same with axpert though they have corrected the error, another problem I experienced is that the paralleling of 3 units to form a three phase system do fail on synchronization, I met with the chinese chipmunks who does the manufacturing, they said that I need to upgrade the malware. So I now get my axpert from other source but now going for i-power which I have installed series of both,and still on close monitoring. Pls chris81964n if you have any experience with axpert, share here. Thank you

Is the i-power inverter same as the axpert in terms of AC charging amp for a 48v 3kv
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2016
Optimixim:

The oldest one I have installed is 2 years old. The fan failed and it is still working. The 3 Kva is more reliable than the 5 Kva. I have the 5 Kva paralleled I initially had a software issue. I did the upgrade and it worked for a while. One of the units developed an issue with nepa. It goes nuts when it sees nepa.
I import mine. They have yet to burn out from charging. They shut down when they get too hot. The common problem is a locked or failed fan
If they don't fail at the beginning they do last.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
chris81964:

The oldest I have installed is 2 years old. The fan failed and it is still working. The 3 Kva is more reliable than the 5 Kva. I have the 5 Kva paralleled I initially had a software issue. I did the upgrade and it worked for a while. One of the units developed an issue with nepa. It goes nuts when it sees nepa.
I import mine. They have yet to burn out from charging. They shut down when they get too hot. The common problem is a locked or failed fan
If they don't fail at the beginning they do last.

My inverter is almost 2 years old now. A 3KVA,30AMP AC charger with 50 amp PWM CC . Doing great except when i connected to NEPA and it caught fire within 2weeks. NOT SMELL OF BURNING WIRES O! VISIBLE VIGOROUS FLAMES!!. Worked fine for months with Gen charging before that fire issue. Fire went out soon after NEPA was disconnected. The inverter does it job well now (inverting only) without any trouble but i have not tried the PWM to check if still functional. I have other MPPT chargers but lost the automatic change over capability cry cry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
durodee:

My inverter is almost 2 years old now. A 3KVA,30AMP AC charger with 50 amp PWM CC . Doing great except when i connected to NEPA and it caught fire within 2weeks. NOT SMELL OF BURNING WIRES O! VISIBLE VIGOROUS FLAMES!!. Worked fine for months with Gen charging before that fire issue. Fire went out soon after NEPA was disconnected. The inverter does it job well now (inverting only) without any trouble but i have not tried the PWM to check if still functional. I have other MPPT chargers but lost the automatic change over capability cry cry

Sorry to hear. That must have scared the PEE out of you. I have them all connected to NEPA. So far knock on wood. This is the second I am installing using the inbuilt charger. You have to follow the instructions from the manufacturer when you connect them or they don't work. (the inbuilt charger)
Yours is battle tested
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
chris81964:

Sorry to hear. That must have scared the PEE out of you. I have them all connected to NEPA. So far knock on wood. This is the second I am installing using the inbuilt charger. You have to follow the instructions from the manufacturer when you connect them or they don't work. (the inbuilt charger)
Yours is battle tested

My daughter thankfully saw it early enough and raised the alarm. grin grin EXCELLENT inverter before that episode; withstood numerous insults prior to that and even more after!!!!
Can I inbox you later please?
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
durodee:

My daughter thankfully saw it early enough and raised the alarm. grin grin EXCELLENT inverter before that episode; withstood numerous insults prior to that and even more after!!!!
Can I inbox you later please?
Thanks.
Yes you can info@atlanticwastepower.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

TROJAN IND 17-6V industrial line flooded lead acid batteries (1202AH) ......@ 340k

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate *NOW IN STOCK*..... @ 87k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@75k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

YACHI SOLAR PANELS:

130w mono........ 30000
200w mono........ 45000
250w mono........ 55000
300w mono........ 62000

PERLIGHT SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N14000. 100W N16000. 120W N20000. 200W N40000. 240W N45000. 300W N50000

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000. "OUT OF STOCK"

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @55k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =60k
1.5kw 12v =70k
2kw 12v =85k
2kw 24v =85k
3kw"4kva" 24v =140k
4kw 24v/48v =160k
5kw 24v/48v =180k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=220k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @5k

Infinitum battery desulphators 12v & 24v "NOW IN STOCK"

New Epsolar Tracer A series available.30a 12-24v auto select. . Max pv input voltage 100v. It has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@50k

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ 55k

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 55k

GP Malaysian deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 60k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ N1000 per yard

CSUN panels arriving soon.....

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (1688) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Malquisoft(m), de3lar(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.