Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,325 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2102443 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) ... (1716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 2:57pm On May 01
HeavenlyBang:

Can you even feed back into the grid in Nigeria?
nope...even if you do your meter go minus
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 4:31pm On May 01
While i have resisted the urge to respond to many posts here, I have to state the following about Hybrid Inverters:

If your are stuck with the idea that HYBRIDS are not good, You will be left behind just like those who said Automatic Transmission Vehicles were bad far back in 1990-1998. Obviously they were left behind while many have learnt to adapt to the new technology and today, little or no one wants a Manual Transmission Vehicle anymore.

Why don't you print the Checklist of a Hybrid installation and sort out the prerequisites one by one and go ahead to install your Hybrid Inverter?
These might include but not limited to:
Proper Earthing
Use of SPDs
Use of breakers
Use of Voltage Protectors or Regulators
Proper Ventilation of installation Site
Proper Cable Sizing
Proper Choice of Inverter
Proper Choice of Panels and Capacities
Proper Panel Sloping Angle
Determination of Daily Sun Hours
ETC ETC ETC

I have always maintained that in Nigeria, Please people should rate their panels at NOTC. e get why.
Why because our roofing pattern are mostly not planed for Solar panel integration, Our atmosphere is full of impurities (if rain no fall for 2 days, dust go cover your panels).
Nigeria's optimum solar production angle has been proven to be best at 9 degrees angle facing south ( how many buildings in Nigeria has this?)
Sun wan shine for Nigeria, the Temperature go almost reach 40 degrees Celsius (Panels don't like this) Yes panels need sunlight but they don't light excessive heat too.

All these and many more factors mostly accounts for why we install a 600W x10 panels and end up getting 4000w or less max production. Take those same panels to another location, which naturally maintain STC and you will get accurate production as rated from the manufacturers.

And for the Anti-Hybrid campaigners, continue, you will be left out eventually. No offense please.
We never even drive Hybrid Cars finish, Oyimbo people don leave am for us and take up Full electric vehicles, Once fuel scarce for an hour and the situations at our fuel stations will be chaotic.

How else do we convince y'all that HYBRIDS ARE HERE TO STAY?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Scientheosopher(m): 5:18pm On May 01
Hello, everyone.
What ideal inverter system (no solar panels) setup can power a deep freezer of about 200W for 5hrs and 3 LED light bulbs of 30W each?
NOTE: Solar panels (and other essentials) would be added later.
Budget: ₦500,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 5:31pm On May 01
Schneider XW pro 6.8KW Vs SOL-ARK 12KW inverter.
Inductive load test
Resistive loads test
Starting capacity and real world application test. Watch and Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ez4cbuy7IQ?si=jRJ1jZPwykyqWswi

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by andymola(m): 5:33pm On May 01
I'm here to seek council. I just bought a betking shop and want to install solar instead of running generator. What solar package can adequately power a bet shop. That's going completely off grid. Please advise. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:40pm On May 01
Scientheosopher:
Hello, everyone.
What ideal inverter system (no solar panels) setup can power a deep freezer of about 200W for 5hrs and 3 LED light bulbs of 30W each?

290w*5= 1.45kwh

Including idle consumption and other miscellaneous power draws, let's say 1.8kwh.

Eseentually, you need two 150aH tubular batteries at the very least. That will run you 400k+ right now.

Your budget just isn't enough, I'm sorry. Raise it to around 800k and you may be able to sneak by. There's a guy who just advertised a Smarten hybrid for 290k.

That said, though, you may be able to get by with used batteries, a sachet inverter, and a pwm cc.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 5:50pm On May 01
andymola:
I'm here to seek council. I just bought a betking shop and want to install solar instead of running generator. What solar package can adequately power a bet shop. That's going completely off grid. Please advise. Thanks

State your peak load.
If you don't know your peak load, list all the gadgets you intend to power in the shop alongside their wattages.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 6:28pm On May 01
Budget
Dam5reey:

so he won't use grid or charge with the grid?
he will have to use ATS or changeover just like generator
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 6:30pm On May 01
Unless u can increase Ur budget. If u can, u can change to 550w
Danibestguy:

What about cloudy days... Incase I want to use the grid to charge. And can those panels charge the batteries fully? Let assume I just use to 50 dod.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 6:36pm On May 01
Jefferyzz:
Unless u can increase Ur budget. If u can, u can change to 550w
To 2 550w.. Thank you. Why not just an hybrid inverter and the panels? There's a possibility that it's amount to the same amount of not cheaper?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 6:43pm On May 01
If it is go 4 it.
Danibestguy:

To 2 550w.. Thank you. Why not just an hybrid inverter and the panels? There's a possibility that it's amount to the same amount of not cheaper?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 6:47pm On May 01
Jefferyzz:
Budget

So you quote 103k for 60A CC and 92k 3000w which is 1500w continuous

An Hybrid inverter cost 200k
80A MPPT, 1.6KW 2KVA with 60A AC Charge, editable settings for LFP.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:03pm On May 01
Which hybrid inverter is that abeg
Dam5reey1:

So you quote 103k for 60A CC and 92k 3000w which is 1500w continuous

An Hybrid inverter cost 200k
80A MPPT, 1.6KW 2KVA with 60A AC Charge, editable settings for LFP.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Olumighty123(m): 7:47pm On May 01
Up for sale, 2.5kva, output issue, 80k. Lagos, kola alagbado area.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:18pm On May 01
andymola:
list your loads first..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gshems: 8:26pm On May 01
Olumighty123:

This one no dey work again náà
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:30pm On May 01
jonescosmos:
While i have resisted the urge to respond to many posts here, I have to state the following about Hybrid Inverters:

If your are stuck with the idea that HYBRIDS are not good, You will be left behind just like those who said Automatic Transmission Vehicles were bad far back in 1990-1998. Obviously they were left behind while many have learnt to adapt to the new technology and today, little or no one wants a Manual Transmission Vehicle anymore.

Why don't you print the Checklist of a Hybrid installation and sort out the prerequisites one by one and go ahead to install your Hybrid Inverter?
These might include but not limited to:
Proper Earthing
Use of SPDs
Use of breakers
Use of Voltage Protectors or Regulators
Proper Ventilation of installation Site
Proper Cable Sizing
Proper Choice of Inverter
Proper Choice of Panels and Capacities
Proper Panel Sloping Angle
Determination of Daily Sun Hours
ETC ETC ETC

I have always maintained that in Nigeria, Please people should rate their panels at NOTC. e get why.
Why because our roofing pattern are mostly not planed for Solar panel integration, Our atmosphere is full of impurities (if rain no fall for 2 days, dust go cover your panels).
Nigeria's optimum solar production angle has been proven to be best at 9 degrees angle facing south ( how many buildings in Nigeria has this?)
Sun wan shine for Nigeria, the Temperature go almost reach 40 degrees Celsius (Panels don't like this) Yes panels need sunlight but they don't light excessive heat too.

All these and many more factors mostly accounts for why we install a 600W x10 panels and end up getting 4000w or less max production. Take those same panels to another location, which naturally maintain STC and you will get accurate production as rated from the manufacturers.

And for the Anti-Hybrid campaigners, continue, you will be left out eventually. No offense please.
We never even drive Hybrid Cars finish, Oyimbo people don leave am for us and take up Full electric vehicles, Once fuel scarce for an hour and the situations at our fuel stations will be chaotic.

How else do we convince y'all that HYBRIDS ARE HERE TO STAY?

Agreed to the above but nobody is saying they won't stay but the choice is still upon everyone. The most important thing is the end result, advantages and disadvantages, cost, ease of repairs etc.

Every car get im own advantage and disadvantage, the end result is to move from point A to B ; same applies to off-grid / hybrid inverters all will give power to your appliances. I use a powMr with 600w pv but producing close to 500w. Am I satisfied? Yes!!!

The Uk till now still drive Manual cars. Most trucks are manual etc. Every technology have advantages and disadvantages. Everyone here will make a choice at the end of the day. By the way, I still drive Manual car and na my choice.

Lastly, msw, cc configured for lead acid only, off grid inverters with lvd of 10.5v etc are still sold in the market.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Olumighty123(m): 8:51pm On May 01
Gshems:

This one no dey work again náà

Na you get am? You don see am before? Why jump to such conclusion?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:15pm On May 01
Scientheosopher:
Hello, everyone.
If you're willing to go for a lower quality 12v 105ah Lfp battery (grade c), then the 500k will take care of it together with 12v 1.5kw hybrid inverter.
We're expecting grade A,B&C Eve Cells soon

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 9:21pm On May 01
Olumighty123:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by andymola(m): 11:45pm On May 01
Valto:
list your loads first..

About 6 monitores, 32in tv, decoder, fan and about 3bulbs.

Just a standard betting shop. No fridge no AC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Emmypam(m): 3:08am On May 02
I have a 1KVA Hybrid inverter, it comes with 30 amps charge controller. I also have a 220Ah battery.
I use a total load of 100-150 watts
I'm planning on getting 200 watts panels to enable me charge my battery to 100% daily, how many 200 watts panels would i need?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 3:24am On May 02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gExEUhAFts

What caused the fire on the roof with solar panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:11am On May 02
Hello House

Powmr 3.2kva 24v 80a mppt solar hybrid inverter available

Bonus price - 370k

Call/chat - 081173 98294 to order now or visit

mazinegroup.com/shop to order now

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Amador1: 9:27am On May 02
Hello good morning everyone. Please I need you advise.
Yesterday I noticed the display on my battery was blank and immediately I opened the jk bms app on my phone and attached is the screenshot what i saw. Since yesterday my battery has refused to charge and I don’t know what to do. I got the battery from the Jos guy two years ago and I’ve messaged him on WhatsApp and tried calling him too but he’s not responding. The battery is reading low voltage on my inverter now but on the jk app the battery voltage is high.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:50am On May 02
Amador1:
Yesterday I noticed the display on my battery was blank and immediately I opened the jk bms app on my phone and attached is the screenshot what i saw. Since yesterday my battery has refused to charge and I don’t know what to do. I got the battery from the Jos guy two years ago and I’ve messaged him on WhatsApp and tried calling him too but he’s not responding. The battery is reading low voltage on my inverter now but on the jk app the battery voltage is high.

What voltage is the Inverter displaying?
wait on Jos guy to also reply, he might be busy.

One Cell is high than your Charge Mosfet is OFF, so no matter what BMS wont allow Charge, so allow the batteries discharge.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 9:54am On May 02
U go need get someone to AV a look at those cells, 4.8v is too much n might AV damaged those cells. Did u change d BMS parameters under settings
Amador1:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 9:57am On May 02
Amador1:
from the picture you posted, the bms is only detecting 14 cells instead of 16, did you tamper with the bms settings?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Olumighty123(m): 10:08am On May 02
Olumighty123:

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:12am On May 02
Amador1:

Can you post a picture of the settings tab? Hope you've not switched the setting to li-ion

Which inverter are you using?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:12am On May 02
Amador1:

Some of the BMS wire have disconnected so giving the bms a false info about your battery. You may need to open the battery and check if all the lead wires are continuous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) ... (1716) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: frebor(m), jonescosmos and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.