Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056896 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
Juror:

Which spotwelder did you get from there? Can you share a link or image?
Am interested too
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
Enyinne:
Is the person an agent, maybe i can connect with him

He only accepts crypto, that's how I pay.
If you can do that, I will send his contact.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2022
dollarnaira:

Unpack all and run a group of 3 sets.
Charge each set full(balance), allow dem to rest for few weeks to check for voltage drop then connect dem as 3s. You will enjoy it well.
The challenge is how to get a charger that can do 4.2v.

Time bomb below grin grin
What is the size of this battery in amps?
Or how much load does it power and what is the duration it last
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
Obnoxious2001:

Am interested too

Juror

US $27.90 50%OFF | Bifrc DH20 Pro Handheld DIY Spot Welder Mini Spot Welding Machine With Quick Release Pen 18650 Battery Nickel Plate Spot Welding
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwBaDrh

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
Moneyboyz:

Juror

US $27.90 50%OFF | Bifrc DH20 Pro Handheld DIY Spot Welder Mini Spot Welding Machine With Quick Release Pen 18650 Battery Nickel Plate Spot Welding
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwBaDrh
How long was the delivery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2022
dollarnaira:

Charge each set full(balance), allow dem to rest for few weeks to check for voltage drop then connect dem as 3s. You will enjoy it well.

Where did you get those batteries and what's the unit price. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2022
Moneyboyz:

Thank you, I remember building this with your help.
It's a huge pack of 256 batteries, I was hoping the BMS would balance it is why I bought it.
I didn't balance the batteries before assembling then together..
Also the balancing wires are not soldered. I may have to unpack and solder the balancing wires.
Sorry where did you get your lithium batteries and what's the price, thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2022
FUN FACTS!

Lithium battery enthusiasts/ prospects needs to be very careful nowadays.

If the lithium battery is surprisingly cheap, chances are that the cells inside are also substandard or refurbished.

I've had interactive sessions with experts who thinkered on some popular brands before posting this.

Quality Lithium batteries are pretty expensive. Instance from China, the lithium ore is harder to find now, some Chinese guys are even coming to Nigeria to look for elemental lithium to buy.

The whole energy storage industry is moving to lithium so many fakes in the market now as is common in Naija.

We are also aware some of these fakes are quick to catch fire.

Attached picture below is a popular brand most do buy but after a year of use, you're left with just its box & maybe BMS . The second attached picture will also tell you such kwh lithium capacity can't simply be gotten at such price.

Let's be guided to avoid pennywise~pound foolish .

Always feel free to contact me for top quality lithium battery models ranging from Max, pylontech , growatt , felicity etc

Contact,,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
dacool1:

Sorry where did you get your lithium batteries and what's the price, thanks

Alaba int market, but it's out of stock.
All I see now are either used or fake lithium batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
Moneyboyz:

#Smiles
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
Moneyboyz:

He only accepts crypto, that's how I pay.
If you can do that, I will send his contact.

Am interested bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
dacool1:

Where did you get those batteries and what's the unit price. Thanks
Out of stock.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2022
Obnoxious2001:

What is the size of this battery in amps?
Or how much load does it power and what is the duration it last

Roughly 260A
Freezer, lightings, other electronics etc

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by coldcandy: 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2022
kiekie1:
FUN FACTS!
Attached picture below is a popular brand most do buy but after a year of use, you're left with just its box & maybe BMS . The second attached picture will also tell you such kwh lithium capacity can't simply be gotten at such price.

Let's be guided to avoid pennywise~pound foolish .

Always feel free to contact me for top quality lithium battery models ranging from Max, pylontech , growatt , felicity etc

Contact,,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

That second picture.... that's Jiji price. When you contact the seller you will hear a different price.
Jiji sellers are never honest

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
Moneyboyz:

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmo(m): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
olopan:
you did good with this installation, all i see is improvements in your ideas and skills ......... happy for you.

what i believe you should do to maximize things is

1. introduction of 275Vac SPD [Budget] or a Midnite 300Vac SPD to all incoming AC connections to the inverter area, ensure you have a good earth connection to complete thee SPD install

2. introduce 600 - 500Vdc SPD for both your inverters since they work with solar panels, also a DC breaker from panels to inverter incase non was present.

sure others will have a thing or two to say.
More power to your elbows

Thanks a whole lot for this piece,
SPDs are on the way, 500VDC breakers are already installed between the Solar Panels and each Inverter and ofcourse Incomming Nepa is protected with Breakers as well as Under and Over Voltage Surge Sensors, Nepa Line undergoes multiple layers of protection before entering a 15KVA (90V-280V range) Prag Stabilizer which in turns powers the whole house (inverters Inclusive). Existing Earth of the house is fully functional but I might be diging a seperate earth for the Solar Panels.

The setup has been functioning top notch so far.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2022
Answers to questions

1. you will need 60A minimum, as for brand you will need to talk to valto ..... he has a adjustable lithium charger

2. 80A will be a good start, as for brand ...... you will need one that can record and allow for parameter edition e.g. victron if with enough budget, Epever, felicity, and a few i can not remember

Tommynaku:

1. As I plan to also use grid to charge the bank, what capacity lithium charger do I need? Size and brand

2. Do I need 60A or 80A Charge Controller for 2.8kva /8kwh banks? And what good brand CC can you recommend?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2022
you welcome, glad to be of help

jonescosmo:

The setup has been functioning top notch so far.

Thanks once again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
dollarnaira:

Am interested bro

That's his contact.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
Moneyboyz:

That's his contact.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
dollarnaira:

The batteries am seeing has two different capacities rating of 2600mah 2000mah if both cells are of the same health condition will not Ballance hence can lead to explosion or fire hazards.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:50am On Sep 19, 2022
jonescosmo:
This is my present "Do it yourself" Setup. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I had the 4x 12v 220A Tubular Batteries with Zinox iPower Plus 3kva (PWM Hybrid), 8x 360W Solar Panels, 60A Felicity Charge Controller. Everything worked well until the Battery seller cam to top up the electrolyte on the batteries, then I started getting less than 6hrs backup time as compared to12hrs I sued to have with about 2kVA total load.

So I vexed and upgraded everything.

I removed the iPower 3kva, 60A Felicity Charge Controller and replaced them with Felicity 5KVA Hybrid 100A inbuilt MPPT & 500v PV Input while retaining my 8pcs of 360w panels (rearranged them in Series this time) and 4pcs of 12v 220A Tubular Batteries.

But because I am aiming to go off-grid, I vexed again and bought another Felicity 5KVA Hybrid 100A inbuilt MPPT & 500v PV Input, 2pcs of Felicity 9.5KW LiFePo4, 10pcs of Felicity 540W Solar Panels (Connected in series).

So I introduced a small 20A Contactor which is engerized by the Inverter with the LiFePo4 Batteries but only when the dry contact on the Inverter With the Tubular batteries signals Low battery and closes.

My aim: The tubular Batteries will charge and backup during the day, while it will not last through the night it will signal low battery and the loads will be transfered to the LiFePo4 Inverter (you will not even notice the switching process) and everything is alright till sunrise when the batteries resumes charging again and the loop continues. cheesy cheesy cheesy

One good thing about this very model of Felicity (IVEM) is that it works without batteries too. So if your nepa is too bad, you can grab panels and this model and start enjoying daytime power first befor you save up money to buy batteries.

Abeg I need the professionals here to spot things I should do to maximize my experiense with this my setup.

Nice one so what are you using as the SOC trigger level for the lead acid before it goes to the lifepo4? I hope it's not below 70%? That will allow you get reasonable life off the load acid. Congratulations enjoy your investment
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:23am On Sep 19, 2022
Dishtech:

The batteries am seeing has two different capacities rating of 2600mah 2000mah if both cells are of the same health condition will not Ballance hence can lead to explosion or fire hazards.

No fire from mah
A lot of theory in Lithium ions until u v a practical experience.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2022
Dishtech:

Bros you go wear glasses oh, all the cells I see are same specd, the difference being that he wrapped some cells in insulation tape thus the colour differentials.

On the issue of cell explosion, I believe u're over reacting, there are 2 variables that might lead to that, one being abuse or puncture to the cells themselves thereby causing a short, the second and also relevant to your observation being overcharge. On the first, most builds I've seen are isolated and non mobile, so hardware rupture is eliminated, on the second; a controlled charging source solves that problem especially since amp draw from the cells are at a very low C-rate........
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2022
samir101ng:
Greetings My People !!!

So, part of the journey in the solar ministry is the constant search for knowledge and self development. Renewable energy is growing in leaps and bounds and the African market is the next frontier to make it big in terms of investment and scale. A good opportunity to learn and network with other professionals in the industry is by attending exhibitions, summits, forums. Such an event is happening soon in Lagos with details below:

NIGERIAN ENERGY CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION 2022 (FORMERLY KNOWN AS POWER NIGERIA)

Date: 20 - 22 September 2022
Venue: Landmark Event Center, Lagos
Attendance: Free
https://www.nigeria-energy.com/en/home.html

For those based in Lagos, this is a good opportunity to learn more about the renewable energy industry and network with professionals and products. Who knows we might even have a FTA Solar Nairaland gathering at the event ? Anybody interested ? Registatration and attendance is free. Cheers.

So, the above is starting tomorrow in Lagos for those interested and as stated earlier attendance is free. Just register online and generate a QR Pass. There is going to be plenty renewable energy and other products on display by top manufacturers. These include:

Felicity Solar Technology Co., Ltd.
China
Fronius International GmbH
Austria
Huawei Technologies Co., Nigeria
Nigeria
Jinkosolar Middle East DMCC
United Arab Emirates
Komponents and Solutions Rack Limited (Victron)
Nigeria
Shenzhen Growatt New Energy Technology Co. Ltd.
China
Simba Industries Limited
Nigeria
SMA Sunbelt Energy Gmbh
Germany
SRNE Solar Co., Ltd
China
Trina Solar Middle East & Africa DMCC
United Arab Emirates
Zhejiang Chint Electrics Co., Ltd.
China
and so many more https://exhibitors.energy-utilities.com/ne2022/. This is a good opportunity to meet the manufacturers of your products and their local partners on products like inverters, solar charge controllers, batteries and others. It's a good opportunity too good to miss for those in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2022
saint2ace:

Bros you go wear glasses oh, all the cells I see are same specd, the difference being that he wrapped some cells in insulation tape thus the colour differentials.

On the issue of cell explosion, I believe u're over reacting, there are 2 variables that might lead to that, one being abuse or puncture to the cells themselves thereby causing a short, the second and also relevant to your observation being overcharge. On the first, most builds I've seen are isolated and non mobile, so hardware rupture is eliminated, on the second; a controlled charging source solves that problem especially since amp draw from the cells are at a very low C-rate........
Why using a kind of hash word on me? You would have bought the glasses for me!
Ask the person that own the battery to confirm their capacities before making the above comments
Second battery explosion results from over charge as you have alluded to, two battery of different capacities causes imbalance in the charging hence, one cells voltage will reach it maximum charge voltage before the other which can lead to explosion. Also the cell with lower capacity can get to it's minimum voltage when drained before the other hence can lead to premature death of that cell.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2022
Dishtech:

Why using a kind of hash word on me? You would have bought the glasses for me!
Ask the person that own the battery to confirm their capacities before making the above comments
Second battery explosion results from over charge as you have alluded to, two battery of different capacities causes imbalance in the charging hence, one cells voltage will reach it maximum charge voltage before the other which can lead to explosion. Also the cell with lower capacity can get to it's minimum voltage when drained before the other hence can lead to premature death of that cell.

Sorry if I sounded "harsh" in my response, that was not the intent.
On ur other comments, your points are duly noted..... Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2022
saint2ace:

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2022
Do you want Rugged and Efficiency Automatic Voltage Regulator( AVR) / Stabilizer , we have all Sizes , from 3KVA TO 1000KVA. We are located in Lagos and Abuja . You can Call/Watsapp us on 08066332919

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:40am On Sep 19, 2022
saint2ace:

Bros wey no like wahala before. cheesy grin grin
I hail oooo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:43am On Sep 19, 2022
samir101ng:
Greetings My People !!!

So, part of the journey in the solar ministry is the constant search for knowledge and self development. Renewable energy is growing in leaps and bounds and the African market is the next frontier to make it big in terms of investment and scale. A good opportunity to learn and network with other professionals in the industry is by attending exhibitions, summits, forums. Such an event is happening soon in Lagos with details below:

NIGERIAN ENERGY CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION 2022 (FORMERLY KNOWN AS POWER NIGERIA)

Date: 20 - 22 September 2022
Venue: Landmark Event Center, Lagos
Attendance: Free
https://www.nigeria-energy.com/en/home.html

For those based in Lagos, this is a good opportunity to learn more about the renewable energy industry and network with professionals and products. Who knows we might even have a FTA Solar Nairaland gathering at the event ? Anybody interested ? Registatration and attendance is free. Cheers.

Is this opportunity open for students as well?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Mrreed(m), Dam5reey(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.