Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056983 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2022
Fairly used Sukam inverter 3.5kva 48v for sale. Interested call/Wasap 08033735359[right][/right]

GOING NOW FOR N85k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
TechGeek777:

Boss Una no dey sell fully coupled 150AH or 230AH LFP for single 12 volt?

I think @valto has smaller capacity you can reach him if he will do 4s. For me I have 8 units left and like to sell all 8 units at once. BMS is also available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
jonescosmo:
This is my present "Do it yourself" Setup. cheesy cheesy cheesy

My aim: The tubular Batteries will charge and backup during the day, while it will not last through the night it will signal low battery and the loads will be transfered to the LiFePo4 Inverter (you will not even notice the switching process) and everything is alright till sunrise when the batteries resumes charging again and the loop continues. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I think an ATS should be able to do this. Althoufh an ATS work S more with AC trigger.

However there is one model I came across that uses battery voltage as the trigger to change over from one DC battery pack to a second battery pack.

I'll go over my saved items to retrieve it.

dollarnaira:

Unpack all and run a group of 3 sets.
Charge each set full(balance), allow dem to rest for few weeks to check for voltage drop then connect dem as 3s. You will enjoy it well.
The challenge is how to get a charger that can do 4.2v.

Time bomb below grin grin

How about if you invest in a non-expensive rechargeable spot welder? I think that will be safer. For sometime now, I ensured that every Li-ion 18650 projects I do are with spot welders.

Basic one with just LED indicator cost around 9k while a more advanced one with screen for information approaches 18k.

GloriousGbola:

its a real mess - microtransactions coming to actual hardware
it will get to the point where end users will start blocking the internet from their cars

i had read about hp printer nonsense, then i experienced it.

my printer refused to use a cartridge because the cartridge was older than a year. i had to overwrite the update, and block auto updating

this is the world we are going to.

It will be another market for computer Village geeks.

Peeps will be like "I wan go update my ride with hacked software for computer Village"

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Valto:
VALTECH range of pure sine wave 12v/24v inverters(no inbuilt charger)
12v 1000w 29,000
12v 1600w 39,000
12v 2000w 49,000
24v 2000w 49,000

12v/24v 30A dedicated lifepo4 lithium battery chargers available also
we can waybill to any location in Nigeria
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2022
Brand new 48V 230ah 12kwh (authentic capacity) cheesy lifepo4 lithium battery pack. assembled with brand new grade A EVE 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells and JBD 120A bms in a thick metal box going for clearance price of 1,430,000
Brand new 24v 230ah 6kwh(authentic capacity) cheesy lifepo4 lithium battery assembled with brand new grade A EVE 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells and JBD 120A bms in a thick metal box going for clearance price of 750k
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
ojeysky:

I think @valto has smaller capacity you can reach him if he will do 4s. For me I have 8 units left and like to sell all 8 units at once. BMS is also available

Oga valto say him no dey sell 12v 230ah

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
Valto:
Brand new 48V 230ah 12kwh (authentic capacity) cheesy lifepo4 lithium battery pack. assembled with brand new grade A EVE 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells and JBD 120A bms in a thick metal box going for clearance price of 1,430,000
Brand new 24v 230ah 6kwh(authentic capacity) cheesy lifepo4 lithium battery assembled with brand new grade A EVE 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells and JBD 120A bms in a thick metal box going for clearance price of 750k
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

Boss try make you still couple 12v 230ah LFP with BMS, I believe say people dey here wey still dey look for such.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2022
jonescosmo:
This is my present "Do it yourself" Setup. cheesy cheesy cheesy

So I introduced a small 20A Contactor which is engerized by the Inverter with the LiFePo4 Batteries but only when the dry contact on the Inverter With the Tubular batteries signals Low battery and closes.

My aim: The tubular Batteries will charge and backup during the day, while it will not last through the night it will signal low battery and the loads will be transfered to the LiFePo4 Inverter (you will not even notice the switching process) and everything is alright till sunrise when the batteries resumes charging again and the loop continues. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
TechGeek777:

Boss try make you still couple 12v 230ah LFP with BMS, I believe say people dey here wey still dey look for such.
maybe if there is another person that needs the same 12v 230ah. 4pcs of 230ah cells, it will cost atleast 380 to 400k, depending on material used, so will be extremely difficult to sell off.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
Tommynaku:

1. As I plan to also use grid to charge the bank, what capacity lithium charger do I need? Size and brand

2. Do I need 60A or 80A Charge Controller for 2.8kva /8kwh banks? And what good brand CC can you recommend?
Boss please I beg with God kindly mail me the link to the store and the format you used to send your request. smiley cry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
Barezzi:
Trying to locate Niyi… angry

Baba give us update na.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bsideangel: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
I need the same thing but I only have 350k will it be possible?
Valto:
maybe if there is another person that needs the same 12v 230ah. 4pcs of 230ah cells, it will cost atleast 380 to 400k, depending on material used, so will be extremely difficult to sell off.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
bsideangel:
I need the same thing but I only have 350k will it be possible?
4pcs grade A 230ah cells, 120A 4S JBD bms, thick metal box and other accessories. 385k.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
ceaser:

I think an ATS should be able to do this. Althoufh an ATS work S more with AC trigger.

However there is one model I came across that uses battery voltage as the trigger to change over from one DC battery pack to a second battery pack.

I'll go over my saved items to retrieve it.

How about if you invest in a non-expensive rechargeable spot welder? I think that will be safer. For sometime now, I ensured that every Li-ion 18650 projects I do are with spot welders.

Basic one with just LED indicator cost around 9k while a more advanced one with screen for information approaches 18k.

It will be another market for computer Village geeks.

Peeps will be like "I wan go update my ride with hacked software for computer Village"

Fund is not the issue but a faster availability of work materials nearby. Plenty fake nickel strip out there and easy dismantling is another factor after soldering. Hence my choice for soldering and choose cables.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
grin I got that picture from one of my contacts... I hope to attend the next one.
zeestone99:

Baba give us update na.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
Valto:
4pcs grade A 230ah cells, 120A 4S JBD bms, thick metal box and other accessories. 385k.

Boss, if you couple the stated components, I believe you will definitely have buyers as they might be those still looking for such.

May I suggest you put an open question for a period of 2wks to max 4wks to ask "who want's to purchase 12v EVE 230ah LFP with stated components" and see the turn up before you finally decide if you should go ahead with it or not.

I don give you small biz ideal!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmo(m): 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
ceaser:

I'll go over my saved items to

I had this device like more than a year now. It works great for a 5KVA load. Switching Inverter AC to Nepa AC with Battery SOC Voltage as trigger.

The downside is when I used it for Battery Pack A and Battery Pack B Switching, The Battery Pack which triggered the switch will not be charged by the inverter because the Inverter can only charge the Battery Pack that is has a connection with it.

Thus I used external Battery Charger to charge the Primary Battery Pack so that it can trigger the switching when it reaches floating voltage.

I used a common contactor and the inbuilt dry contacts on the inverters to acheive this purpose.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 12:29am On Sep 22, 2022
Penuelseun:
from their office if you are in Lagos or through jumia if you are far from Lagos
Sir please where can I find lifepo 4 battery to buy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:50am On Sep 22, 2022
Eagba:

Sir please where can I find lifepo 4 battery to buy
DIY or factory built? If diy you can contact @valto or @ojesky for that, if factory built contact @justcallemmanuel or search for Felicity contact through the thread
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 5:57am On Sep 22, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I have very busy on a very big project, but my workload has lightened, will give you full information this weekend.

So so sorry for the delay.

@toyeoye, I have updated this post with more information for you.

I am currently using Quanta Amaron SMF batteries.
I am currently using a Schneider Inverter 1.5KVA. I bought 2 of those.

After I bought the Quanta, I got to know of Deka and wished to get Deka next time.

That was because I was introduced to Lithium batteries, I am yet to do the research to determine which brand of Lithium battery to go for.

I hope that helps.

I currently don't have solar panels, I charge with the grid or my generator.

I plan to install solar panels before the month runs out.

I will be buying either 4 No. 300W or 2 No. 500W per inverter.

I picked Schneider because of the abundance of information on their website and that they had a directory of distributors/resellers in Nigeria.

If you need more information, ask and I will not hesitate to provide

Awesome, I truly appreciate your time and support bro. I intend to setup 5.5kva although I currently have a 1kva setup for CCTV and floodlights only. I hope it's okay to "consult" you as I progress with the project.

Thanks again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by texasbullet(m): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2022
I need installer around Ikorodu now now now
Call 07038576883
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
ojeysky:
A pack of 8 brand new 230ah Eve cells still available @80k each. Reachout if interested... Make a 24v pack or 2 units of 12v packs.

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
12v Lithium Polymer (Lipo) Battery
Available for sale in 13Ah, 26Ah, 40Ah, 80Ah, 105Ah and above

Battery Features/Description
Battery Model: 58144165/4s1p (With inbuilt standard BMS)
Cell Type: porch 3.2v lifepo4 cells
Nominal Voltage: 12.8v
Llimited Charging Voltage: 14.6v
Maximum Charging Current: 8A
Weight(13Ah): 3.08kg
Dimension(13Ah): (21×15×4)cm

40Ah battery and above are well packaged and coupled with voltmeter, charge/discharge terminals and two 12v ports for 12v dc fans, tv, bulbs etc.

Price:
40Ah @50k
80Ah @95k
105Ah @125k

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
ajabani4allah:
12v Lithium Polymer (Lipo) Battery
Available for sale in 13Ah, 26Ah, 40Ah, 80Ah, 105Ah and above

Battery Features/Description
Battery Model: 58144165/4s1p (With inbuilt standard BMS)
Cell Type: porch 3.2v lifepo4 cells
Nominal Voltage: 12.8v
Llimited Charging Voltage: 14.6v
Maximum Charging Current: 8A
Weight(13Ah): 3.08kg
Dimension(13Ah): (21×15×4)cm

40Ah battery and above are well packaged and coupled with voltmeter, charge/discharge terminals and two 12v ports for 12v dc fans, tv, bulbs etc.

Price:
40Ah @50k
80Ah @95k
105Ah @125k

NEAT BUILD!. the ultimate poor man lithium battery pack
just wondering, the 8amps charging limit, appears self limiting, is it not too low? or is it because of the bms you installed?

2ndly the rocker switch there, what exactly does it control?..if its battery output...you shud consider swapping it out for a beefier one or a breaker instead
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
toyeoye:

Awesome, I truly appreciate your time and support bro. I intend to setup 5.5kva although I currently have a 1kva setup for CCTV and floodlights only. I hope it's okay to "consult" you as I progress with the project.

Thanks again

Interesting, I am targeting 8KVA next.

Here is what I found, Schneider is expensive the higher you go.

I found Deye to be much cheaper, but I haven't decided to go that route.

Let's just say I am in love with Schneider.

If you are going for that capacity, I think a 48v system is the way to go.

But I am an enthusiast and not a professional, I am sure they will chip in.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2022
Barezzi:
grin I got that picture from one of my contacts... I hope to attend the next one.

Ok boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Regarding the emboldened;

You will notice that there are 2 inlets each for the positive and negative terminals for the PV array and battery(ies). If your cables are too large to enter one inlet at a time, you can split them.into the two provided inlets for each terminal. It works that way.

This present version of the PowMr Charge controllers will go out of production on or before first week of next year as it has now been replaced by an improved version.

This new version can accommodate more panels and the heat dissipation feature is more better.

I will have it in stock before the end of the year, and I am working to maintain the price point of the old/current version so that customers can at least have more value for their money.

Meanwhile, i recall delivering one unit of this current version to your acquaintance around Obanikoro on your behalf. Thanks for your patronage, sir. Please let me know when you need another unit and i could provide you with some discount.

New Model now available!

POW-M60-PRO model - 65,000

HHJ-60A model - 57,000

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
odimbannamdi:

New Model now available!

POW-M60-PRO model - 65,000

HHJ-60A model - 57,000

Apart from the no fan and probably bigger connection port, please what's the additional feature of this model?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2022
mctfopt:

Apart from the no fan and probably bigger connection port, please what's the additional feature of this model?

-The VoC can go as high as 190V, so it carry more panels
- Heat dissipation feature is much better and less operational noise
- It is bigger and more aesthetically appealing

Edit: I will be using the new model in my current set up by next month. Hopefully, i should be able to give more first hand experience by then

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Mud3x(m), adibo(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.