Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063271 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
You said exactly what I was going to say.

I use Panasonics and Daikins (inverter AC) exclusively now - I had tried LGs and other brands but always got dissappointed.

My Panasonics and Daikin ACs chug along with no issues at all, ditto the Panasonic blender and hot water kettle

FEGEITOK:

Agreed, that it is not about the brand name, but the source of the brand, my research led me to the direct representatives. I got it from the direct representative, and got it installed by a certified installer.

My Panasonic was made in Malaysia, we have have made in China and made in Indonesia. My Diakin is made in India.

That said, I am trying out Daikin having been thoroughly impressed by Japanese technology in Panasonic. Need I say I got a Panasonic blender that has lasted over 15 years and works as new, never been repaired. Daikin is also Japanese.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HowGlorious: 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
[b][/b]

Disappointed as they consume more power or with issue of durability?
@niyiOmolyunade
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
The LG inverter ACs are pretty energy efficient (they save power). Just that they don't last long - performance starts to degrade within a relatively short time.

Panasonics just keep going on and on - of course you want to buy the made in Malaysia ones from the authorised distributor and not the chinese clones - the proper made in Japan ones are literally priced out of the reach of the common man

HowGlorious:
[b][/b]

Disappointed as they consume more power or with issue of durability?
@niyiOmolyunade

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
You said exactly what I was going to say.

I use Panasonics and Daikins (inverter AC) exclusively now - I had tried LGs and other brands but always got dissappointed.

My Panasonics and Daikin ACs chug along with no issues at all, ditto the Panasonic blender and hot water kettle

I have a Panasonic blender that refused to die angry grin

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2022
mctfopt:

I have a Panasonic blender that refused to die angry grin

Fill it 3/4 full with fresh tiger nut and add 1 teacup of water, and blend till smooth.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 10:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wicked men too plenty for this Naija shocked

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:42am On Sep 24, 2022
earthrealm:

Fill it 3/4 full with fresh tiger nut and add 1 teacup of water, and blend till smooth.

Boss you want kill the blender by force?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2022
samir101ng:

Great to hear cool

You can checkout SolaX X1 Hybrid G4 and Alpha ESS SMILE-G3 range of inverters for all in one inverters with high voltage batteries. SolaX has an authorised dealer here in Nigeria https://www.atlanticwastepower.com/ with a 10yr warranty on their products. Cool setups that are an all in one package without seperate charge controllers, combiner box, batteries, etc.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Will update you once I check it out.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2022
TechGeek777:

Boss you want kill the blender by force?

Ahh ahh, tot he said the blender was immortal?,
I just wan test the immortality claim a little naah grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2022
earthrealm:

Everything in life is in grades.

We are not saying the other inverters don't work, neither are we saying the other brands of blenders don't work.

We are saying for how long will they work?
We are also saying what extra features do they have?
We are also concerned about the quality of the workmanship and engineering that goes into the product.

That is the driving factor in the final purchase not just the price.

Let me give an example.

Can you compare high-end high fidelity audio equipment like Accuphase or the now discontinued Kenwood with the boom boxes sold in our markets today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqOw_SZ4BU

The sound reproduction is not the same. Yes both will play sound, but the difference is as clear as the difference between night and day.

This is also why even those discontinued Kenwood models fetch top dollar today.

Something tells me though that you are being sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2022
Does anyone have any old solar panels, inverter and or batteries still functional to gift out. Lemme also join this train

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2022
earthrealm:

I do this, but with more than a teacup full of water. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
dacool1:
Does anyone have any old solar panels, inverter and or batteries still functional to gift out. Lemme also join this train

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Join d train going to Kaduna

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
earthrealm:

Immortality no dey any product/brand, na only extended lifespan they get from other average product.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
dollarnaira:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That train na destination to sambisa forest oh, no need to join such train.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2022
dollarnaira:

You are so funny. I still dey expect from you Sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2022
earthrealm:

Lol.....I doubt any blender could do that except 'Ero-Ata'. Even the infamous silvercrest will kaput

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 11:54pm On Sep 24, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I have used both Lead Acid and Lithium.

Lead Acid I started off with the typical sealed Luminous, Genus, Sinergy which all dissappointed then moved on to Flooded US Battery which also dissappointed then ultimately went for Lithium. When I say dissappointed, I mean they did not all make the promised cycle life despite being used within charge and discharge specs and best practices. For customer installations I used Quanta AGM which did better but mostly still fell short of the expected cycle life.

I ported to Lithium 2018/2019 ish, lived offgrid exclusively off 16 units of Pylontech US2000 - 3 years and several hundred cycles later they are still going strong and no discernible performance degradation, also Lithium allowed me to move from dreading customer calls (once you hear backup time is reducing you know lead acid don dey near end of life) to answering them with my full chest and only getting calls for capacity and feature upgrades and referrals for new business.

There are some use cases where lead acid may be sufficient - when a newbie asks me for advise I always tell them to stay with 12v systems because it gives more stability and longevity. Lithium is almost always a better option but needs a lot more bells and whistles (BMS and balancer circuitry) - I daresay the BMS and balancer is one key reason why Lithium tends to do so well and if one could make a Lead Acid BMS that could balance individual cells, the lead acid story might change a lot.

Really the bane of all battery systems is how to keep cells in series well balanced - whoever solves that problem will greatly extend his battery service life. The Lithium chemistries are mostly superior to lead acid but also a lot less forgiving of mistakes (overcharge/discharge)

where can I get a good lifepo4 battery. 12v 200ah and price sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 5:11am On Sep 25, 2022
Penuelseun:
the running wattage of my fridge is around 150w while the surge is 520w which is almost X4 of the running wattage.
According to the picture you posted, the running wattage of your fridge should be around 195w with the surge going up to around 800w which any decent 1.2kva inverter should chest comfortably. That is the reason I suggested the Tbb as I am sure it will serve you.

Boss, finally got Watts Meter, attached contain running watts readings from two devices.

Binatone Cool Guide display 156W, while Watts Meter display 79.5W both are the running watts.

Considering the Fridge is rated 0.9a with 220v - 240v, which device reading should be correct?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 5:18am On Sep 25, 2022
Penuelseun:
small tbb inverters do not have any display on them, but they sell external display meter through which you can edit the settings and look at the inverter information. Read it can be integrated online through raspberry pi.

I will be going for LFP + 1.2kva tbb, since BMS is included in the setup, do I still need external display meter before I can edit the settings?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:51am On Sep 25, 2022
TechGeek777:

Boss, finally got Watts Meter, attached contain running watts readings from two devices.

Binatone Cool Guide display 156W, while Watts Meter display 79.5W both are the running watts.

Considering the Fridge is rated 0.9a with 220v - 240v, which device reading should be correct?
I will believe the cool guard to be on the safe side, why don't you plug in the meters differently to see if you get a different result

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:53am On Sep 25, 2022
TechGeek777:

I will be going for LFP + 1.2kva tbb, since BMS is included in the setup, do I still need external display meter before I can edit the settings?
since you are in Lagos, you should get it directly from there office so that the settings can be edited for you, you don't need the external display if you have the correct settings uploaded at the point of purchase
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:58am On Sep 25, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Give me the weekend to revert

No problem
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:56am On Sep 25, 2022
ojeysky:
A pack of 8 brand new 230ah Eve cells still available @80k each. Reachout if interested... Make a 24k pack or 2 units of 12v packs.

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2022
Anyone got link for a very portable 16s lifepo4 BMS with Bluetooth feature?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2022
Penuelseun:
since you are in Lagos, you should get it directly from there office so that the settings can be edited for you, you don't need the external display if you have the correct settings uploaded at the point of purchase

Am in Benin City not Lagos. What should be the correct settings for 105AH LFP & 230AH LFP like the one @Valto couples?

They both uses "120A JBD bms" as he stated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2022
Penuelseun:
I will believe the cool guard to be on the safe side, why don't you plug in the meters differently to see if you get a different result

I did the test separately and got same result. This is the third time am doing this test now.

Watts Meter shows 0.302Kwh at 4hra 37mins usage. It also show High current draw of 95.4W and low current draw of 67.5W.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2022
TechGeek777:

I did the test separately and got same result. This is the third time am doing this test now.

Watts Meter shows 0.302Kwh at 4hra 37mins usage. It also show High current draw of 95.4W and low current draw of 67.5W.

Use a known load to determine which of the meters is correct.

A pressing iron perhaps, or a laptop

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2022
I recall that the Binatone CoolGuard I got was similarly imaccurate for watt consumption - I tried it vs various meters and known loads and it dissappoonted me each time so I threw it in the bin wherein I keep dissappointments.

Possibly it may prove to be more accurate with larger loads up to or above 1000watts but I never did that test

TechGeek777:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
earthrealm:

Use a known load to determine which of the meters is correct.

A pressing iron perhaps, or a laptop

Boss, I got the below readings:

1. LG 32” LED Full HD TV 32LP500BPTA
Energy Saving Watts {
Off (i.e No Energy Saving) = 36.5W
Minimum = 27.5W
Medium = 19.5W
Maximum = 12.5W
}

Note: I put this in energy saving mode and without energy saving (i.e Off) to get above reading

This is link to above tv https://www.fouanistore.com/lg-products/lg-tvs/lg-led-tv-32-inch-lp500bpta-full-hd-led-tv/

2. GOTV = 3.5W
Note: Above is rated 12v 1A

3. LG XBOOM CJ44 480 watts = 10.5W
Note: Official LG website https://www.lg.com/eastafrica/audio-video/lg-CJ44 wrote that the Power Consumption is 80W

Edit:
4. HP 620 Laptop = 48.7W - 68.5W {
1hr = 0.050KWh (i.e. 50W in one hour)
2hrs = 0.081KWh (i.e. 81W in two hours)
3hrs 37mins = 0.132KWh (i.e. 132W in 3hours 37minutes)
}

5. Qasa 18" Rechargeable Fan = 9.5W
Note: This is rated 33W, but I got 9.5W

6. Scanfrost Steam Iron SFS12304 rated 1100W - 1300W at (220v - 240v), I got 943W
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
TechGeek777:

Boss, I got the below readings:

1. LG 32” LED Full HD TV 32LP500BPTA
Energy Saving Watts {
Off (i.e No Energy Saving) = 36.5W
Minimum = 27.5W
Medium = 19.5W
Maximum = 12.5W
}

Note: I put this in energy saving mode and without energy saving (i.e Off) to get above reading

This is link to above tv https://www.fouanistore.com/lg-products/lg-tvs/lg-led-tv-32-inch-lp500bpta-full-hd-led-tv/

2. GOTV = 3.5W
Note: Above is rated 12v 1A

3. LG XBOOM CJ44 480 watts = 10.5W
Note: Official LG website [url] https://www.lg.com/eastafrica/audio-video/lg-CJ44 [/url] wrote that the Power Consumption is 80W

4. HP 620 Laptop = 48.7W - 68.5W {
1hr = 0.050KWh (i.e. 50W in one hour)
2hrs = 0.081KWh (i.e. 81W in one hour)
3hrs 37mins = 0.132KWh (i.e. 132W in one hour)
}

5. Qasa 18" Rechargeable Fan = 9.5W
Note: This is rated 33W, but I got 9.5W

6. Scanfrost Steam Iron SFS12304 rated 1100W - 1300W at (220v - 240v), I got 943W

What is your power factor?
Power(watt) = current×voltage×power factor
If u r in the right page of d screen ( cost) den u r correct.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2022
TechGeek777:

Am in Benin City not Lagos. What should be the correct settings for 105AH LFP & 230AH LFP like the one @Valto couples?

They both uses "120A JBD bms" as he stated.
anyone u needs a fully coupled 12v 230ah brand new grade A EVE 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery, should indicate( can be coupled with daly 4S 60A/80A/100A Bluetooth bms, or JBD 4S 120A normal bms.)

whatsapp 0802-057-4628

(1) (2) (3) ... (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ATPx, loluskysat(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.