Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2044139 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
earthrealm:

grin angry grin angry @ceaser skillfully avoided answering my questions.
Profit, bms, case etc never enter o..yet its already almost 1.8m, yet felicity claims to sell same for 1.5m grin grin, and some ignorant people here think felicity is doing them a favour, no body be father christmas. You get exactly what you pay for

grin grin grin

Bro sincerely I did not avoid it ó. I just didn't want to do the calculation for you as (I no want rack my brain too much). That is why I based my point on Valto making his price point revolve around direct experience with purchases and procurement as compared with someone who just bought off of another and decide to slap an arbitrary price.

Besides asides from the fact that I have a rough idea of the price setpoint for DIY LFP, the internet is there to compare prices. So if anyone inflates, people doing due diligence will quickly decipher the difference.

But if you insist, your profile fits into my radius of patronage price-wise and quality wise. At least for instance we know the history of Valto's sources of cells and also for a few other DIYers here who package cells and that is enough to set minds at rest. It's just that I haven't needed to get cells of late.

But even if I go buy from you, just know that as is customary, I won't go down without fighting haggling. cheesy

zeestone99:

Many people want to judge what a fair price should be but are gainfully employed in companies that inflate prices when dealing with their clients or get government contracts at over inflated prices.

Well, I'm glad I don't have a log in my eyes before opting to clear the speck in my brother's eye. That actually is my philosophy cheesy

So for ya information, I don't inflate arbitrarily, for it is to me an antisocial attitude. You must have read here before that I have some businesses which I somehow invested solar power supply in, a few shops being one of such and managed by wify.

So I'm glad to tell you that in line with my principle of not being selfish and a price gouger, every item in that place is strategically made to be cheaper for radius of kilometers around. This increases patronage. These discounts isn't gonna ruin the business, but it motivates patronage nevertheless and guess what, the profit from the turnover makes up for the discounts on items. Not just that, I encourage that they accept returns when customers complain about items and with such people, an arrangement or agreement is reached where both parties do not feel cheated.

People around say to my wife that this is easy for her to do because as they put it, she does not feed with proceeds from the business. But I daresay that it's all about being principled rightly.

I also have a few employees and I also make it a duty to be fair to them in remuneration, and I am truly happy with myself and with my conscience.

It's a social responsibility to be fair in pricing, not price gouging like many will want to justify. So I can boldly judge what a fair price should be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
earthrealm:

Profit, bms, case etc never enter o..yet its already almost 1.8m, yet felicity claims to sell same for 1.5m grin grin, and some ignorant people here think felicity is doing them a favour, no body be father christmas. You get exactly what you pay for
to couple a good 280ah in a metal box and good bms will cost atleast 2.1m.,but a company with huge overhead cost is offering higher capacity for 1.5m grin, grin it might even be 160ah cells labelled as 300ah.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2022
Valto:
to couple a good 280ah in a metal box and good bms will cost atleast 2.1m.,but a company with huge overhead cost is offering higher capacity for 1.5m grin, grin it might even be 160ah cells labelled as 300ah.

I think you meant to say "cheap overhead cost". With more manufactured volumes and automated assembly and manufacturing process, the overhead expenses should come down significantly compared to a one room, one man factory like Valto's. Yet they lie to us about the capacity.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2022
ceaser:

grin grin grin

Bro sincerely I did not avoid it ó. I just didn't want to do the calculation for you as (I no want rack my brain too much). That is why I based my point on Valto making his price point revolve around direct experience with purchases and procurement as compared with someone who just bought off of another and decide to slap an arbitrary price.

Besides asides from the fact that I have a rough idea of the price setpoint for DIY LFP, the internet is there to compare prices. So if anyone inflates, people doing due diligence will quickly decipher the difference.

But if you insist, your profile fits into my radius of patronage price-wise and quality wise. At least for instance we know the history of Valto's sources of cells and also for a few other DIYers here who package cells and that is enough to set minds at rest. It's just that I haven't needed to get cells of late.

But even if I go buy from you, just know that as is customary, I won't go down without fighting haggling. cheesy

Well, I'm glad I don't have a log in my eyes before opting to clear the speck in my brother's eye. That actually is my philosophy cheesy

So for ya information, I don't inflate arbitrarily, for it is to me an antisocial attitude. You must have read here before that I have some businesses which I somehow invested solar power supply in, a few shops being one of such and managed by wify.

So I'm glad to tell you that in line with my principle of not being selfish and a price gouger, every item in that place is strategically made to be cheaper for radius of kilometers around. This increases patronage. These discounts isn't gonna ruin the business, but it motivates patronage nevertheless and guess what, the profit from the turnover makes up for the discounts on items. Not just that, I encourage that they accept returns when customers complain about items and with such people, an arrangement or agreement is reached where both parties do not feel cheated.

People around say to my wife that this is easy for her to do because as they put it, she does not feed with proceeds from the business. But I daresay that it's all about being principled rightly.

I also have a few employees and I also make it a duty to be fair to them in remuneration, and I am truly happy with myself and with my conscience.

It's a social responsibility to be fair in pricing, not price gouging like many will want to justify. So I can boldly judge what a fair price should be.

I think this is the right time to say give unto ceaser what belongs to him grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2022
Una dey spoil people's market here oh. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
isangjohnson:
do we rather promote cheating, why market 24v 200ah as 300ah, 24v 120ah as 200ah,48v 120ah as 200ah and 48v 200ah as 300ah...i no call any company name oo cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by coldcandy: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
earthrealm:

If a global firm can compromise quality for big bucks, what stops a Nigerian DIY coupler from coupling used and under-rated cells for ignorant buyers like me?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller available

POW-M60-PRO model - 66,000

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
coldcandy:

If a global firm can compromise quality for big bucks, what stops a Nigerian DIY coupler from coupling used and under-rated cells for ignorant buyers like me?
thats why the list of trusted lithium battery suppliers at alibaba are listed here. u can easily order yours and couple by yourself, it is not that hard. btw, there are some brands that markets real capacity in Nigeria. but ignorant buyers will think it is overpriced grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2022
coldcandy:

it seems you misunderstand my motive,

1. to let people be aware of the true price of lithium cells, and how felicity , yohako and the like lithium packs cant be true capacity based on the above.

2, to encourage you/people that they can easily build their packs, if they so desire and get true capacity

3. a diy coupled pack can easily be opened and cells inspected if new or used...factory packs are a lot more difficult to do this.
etc

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
Valto:
thats why the list of trusted lithium battery suppliers at alibaba are listed here. u can easily order yours and couple by yourself, it is not that hard. btw, there are some brands that markets real capacity in Nigeria. but ignorant buyers will think it is overpriced grin

Please drop the list again.

Abeg
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
ceaser:

grin grin grin

So in essence you want everyone to be like you. Channel that energy across all sectors, from banking, oil and gas, telecoms etc. It's not this one you will single out a select few and start telling them they are inflating price blablabla whereas most of y'all are enjoying the benefits of inflation of price in your workplace.

I have access to corporate documents and I know what is being quoted there.
You don't dictate how one should sell his or her wares because no one will compell you to buy.
I can get a plate or decent meal in an eatery for maybe 3k/4k and I might not also get a plate of that same food for 10k in another eatery. Nobody will force you, patronize what you can afford.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2022
zeestone99:

So in essence you want everyone to be like you. Channel that energy across all sectors, from banking, oil and gas, telecoms etc. It's not this one you will single out a select few and start telling them they are inflating price blablabla whereas most of y'all are enjoying the benefits of inflation of price in your workplace.

You don't dictate how one should sell his or her wares because no one will compell you to buy.
I can get a plate or decent meal in an eatery for maybe 3k/4k and I might not also get a plate of that same food for 10k in another eatery. Nobody will force you, patronize what you can afford.

If you go to the market you will find several prices and you will choose the one that suits you.
Buying cheap don't necessarily mean you got the best deal, many times I buy stuffs at higher prices than I have seen elsewhere. It's not because I'm stupid or I have moni to lavish, I could get some extra benefits later when the need arises. It could be anything from consultations, credit, aftersale service etc.
If a price is too expensive, you have the option to try other sellers, go to the market physically or something.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 1:53am On Oct 04, 2022
isangjohnson:

Not everyone has the time or patience to import + most people would miss the conversation
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:15am On Oct 04, 2022
isangjohnson:

Not so bro. Honesty and customer satisfaction goes a long way in business.

It's better they place the real capacity of their sundry products with actual price, rather than stating otherwise.

Do you know how many clients Felicity will loose by virtue of these exposed fraud of theirs?

In business, the lost of one client is the lost of 10 prospective clients, but if you are able to gain one client, then you have 10 prospective clients.

So real capacity should always be stated irrespective of the price. Those who can afford it will definitely go for it. By so doing they reputation is preserved!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:44am On Oct 04, 2022
ceaser:

Have you honestly found "recall" as a vocabulary in Nigerian manufacturers' dictionary? Hehehehe.

Few days ago cos of the exigencies, I purchased a usb charger from a roadside truckware pusher. Deep down I had the strong urge it was not gonna work and I was right. I got to where I was going and it was nonsense. The following day, the guy had switched location and new guys have replaced him. Now I suspect that was a deliberate cycling done everyday by these bunch to throw scammed buyers off their scent.

What I'm trying to say is that the Nigerian culture has not matured to the point where manufacturers or sellers are held into account/or accept responsibilities themselves. They know this and therefore dump substandard products here. Few posts back we discussed about Nigerian/African version of LG TVs and ACs (made in LG factory for Africa) versus the versions made for Europe and North America.

We are no less humans and deserve what is as good especially when we are ready to pay for such. But a situation where you are being sold duds for the price of the real deal, like Felicity tries to do, is annoying. And some middlemen/sellers are always complicit in this racketeering cos it is them that tell the manufacturers to make substandard specs for them and they smile to the bank's with insane profits.

I vividly recall on this thread when lithium first took the mainstream with members here and we were all wowed by the performance over LA, we expressed the worry that the expectations might soon be cut short when the markets start getting flooded, like it did with LA, with substandard and fake LFP. We didn't even envisage it will be in the form of overrated capacity or use of salvaged cells let alone it being done by a popular household name like Felicity. At worst, we expected something like "FELOCITY" as opposed to the real "Felicity", you know like it does with "SQNY", "PANASOANIC" or "NOKLA" as the usual methods.

Why not just put 10kwh nameplate on actual 10kwh and sell it as the price they still sell it.

The direct consequences of the persistent devaluation of the naira
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:42am On Oct 04, 2022
I wish Felicity is reading the reviews of informed buyers ....

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 5:23am On Oct 04, 2022
[quote author=Valto

Gloria cells na premium.... price no be here grin
Sandy Zou gives122uds for 280ah though claiming 299ah-300ah is the real capacity with busbar and nuts.
Only God knows what may likely happen with dollars rate before Dec. Unfortunately, the targeted masses in Nigerian market are poor citizens who are busy looking for daily meals/water and cared less about electricity.... Na only few of us dey talk about renewable energy grin

To be very sincere, this dollars issue just dey make me vex anyhow.
I wish someone could take me back to "old time religion" where freedom, rest of mind, affordable price of goods, love, unity was embedded.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:56am On Oct 04, 2022
isangjohnson:
[quote author=Valto

Gloria cells na premium.... price no be here grin
Sandy Zou gives122uds for 280ah though claiming 299ah-300ah is the real capacity with busbar and nuts.
Only God knows what may likely happen with dollars rate before Dec. Unfortunately, the targeted masses in Nigerian market are poor citizens who are busy looking for daily meals/water and cared less about electricity.... Na only few of us dey talk about renewable energy grin

To be very sincere, this dollars issue just dey make me vex anyhow.
I wish someone could take me back to "old time religion" where freedom, rest of mind, affordable price of goods, love, unity was embedded.
Aswear
The basic fundamental needs such as food is now difficult to come by in acclaimed giant of Africa
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 8:34am On Oct 04, 2022
Good morning @All please who sale 96v lithium battery or 48v that can be serries here?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2022
MAX ESS LITHIUM BATTERY NOW AVAILABLE!!

Max 5.12kwh 48v LFP battery

Ex box 2 Specifications
*Nominal voltage 48v
*Nominal capacity 100ah
*Cell type LFP
*Standard charge voltage 56.4v
*Max charge current 100A
* Max cut off voltage 40v
*Max discharge curr: 100A
*Display LCD
*Life cycle 80% DOD 6000cycle
*Charge temp : 0-65°c
*Discharge temp: 20-65°
*Colour grey & white
*Weight 51kg
*Installation method: Wall- mount / sitted.
PRICE: N850,000

Max 48v 200ah

*Nominal voltage 48v
*Nominal capacity 200ah
*Cell type LFP
*Standard charge voltage 56.4v
*Max charge current 100A
* Max cut off voltage 40v
*Max discharge curr: 100A
*Display LCD
*Life cycle 80% DOD 6000cycle
*Charge temp : 0-65°c
*Discharge temp: 20-65°
*Colour grey & white
*Weight 89kg
*Installation method: Wall- mount / sitted.
PRICE: N1,620,000

STANDARD WARRANTY: 5 YRS

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2022
mctfopt:

They might not be reading from this thread but they're aware >>> YET SELL LIKE TOMORROW NEVER EXISTS !

Quite an ambiguous market! You're simply getting value for what you paid for as 80% using same lithium brand don't basically complain >> they serve them as some of my customers share their review.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2022
zeestone99:

If you go to the market you will find several prices and you will choose the one that suits you.
Buying cheap don't necessarily mean you got the best deal, many times I buy stuffs at higher prices than I have seen elsewhere. It's not because I'm stupid or I have moni to lavish, I could get some extra benefits later when the need arises. It could be anything from consultations, credit, aftersale service etc.
If a price is too expensive, you have the option to try other sellers, go to the market physically or something.

Salient point Brotherly!

Observe we've reduced number of old members applying time & energy to type type type these days smiley

Save yourself stress & type a few .. Many talk no dey full basket for farm tho "it requires regular planning et hardwork" ..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2022
Dishtech:
Good morning @All please who sale 96v lithium battery or 48v that can be serries here?

that is not common in the market but you can get a 32s lifepo4 BMS and DIY.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:50am On Oct 04, 2022
mctfopt:

They don't care, because even if its under capacity, the average user would not be able to know, --- only medium to advanced users would be able to decode the under-capacity, so those are the people who would find this information useful.
2ndly based on poor performance most users have experienced from leadacid battery, the felicity lithium packs would be like a breath of fresh air,.well used 2nd hand or even 3rd hand lithium battery still has some useful life in them

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2022
kiekie1:

Salient point Brotherly!

Observe we've reduced number of old members applying time & energy to type type type these days smiley

Save yourself stress & type a few .. Many talk no dey full basket for farm tho "it requires regular planning et hardwork" ..
Naso chief.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2022
Do you want a Rugged and Efficiency UPS, we have all Sizes of Vertiv/Emerson/Liebert Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) . We are Located in Lagos & Abuja and we do Nationwide Delivery & Installation. You can Watsapp/Call us on 08066332919

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2022
[quote author=mctfopt

Majority of reviews now na fake.
Most companies do beg customers for positive review. Some do offer give away items for dropping positive review.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2022
zeestone99:

Okay. I hear you. No vex sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2022
15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #1,600,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:47am On Oct 04, 2022
230Ah 12v Genus tubular battery available, #165,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2022
4kva 48v Luminuos inverter available, #280,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

(1) (2) (3) ... (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: luvlyoracle(m), Gshems, Adinije(f), brightk(m), abbey, Justice629(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.