Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2068312 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AkoEja: 7:56am On Oct 06, 2022
AkoEja:
ANY VICTRON INVERTER / MPPT INSTALLERS NEAR AMUWO-ODOFIN? - PLS PM ME

I need to replace my current lead acid batteries and inverter with a Victron Multiplus and LIfepo4 batteries. I will prefer to engage someone with good knowledge of Victrons to do it for me. I can actually do it myself, but will like someone who is the expert with Victrons.

PM me only if you know about Victron inverters and MPPT.

I already have the inverter and MPPT please, with solar on the roof linked to my old system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2022
Valto:
not true bro. an inverter like deye comes with 5yrs warranty. most transformer based inverter are power guzzlers, especially those products u mentioned.

I agree. The standby consumption alone on those things is like a load sef.

Depending on the quality of the transformer inside (most low budget brands use low quality), the longevity of those transformers are in doubt.

Yes, transformer based inverters are good for devices with high surges but unless your going to be running a lot of air conditioning, refrigerators, air compressors and other heavy loads over 5KVA. If you really need it, then go for reputable brands with toroidal transformers inside to get better efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2022
AkoEja:

I already have the inverter and MPPT please, with solar on the roof linked to my old system

Why not contact their authorized dealer directly ? They can link you with a certified installer and any warranty issues you may have in the future.

https://komponents.ng/contact/

Call:
0809 937 8347
0809 017 5943

Email:
info@komponents.ng
Visit:
27B Ize-Iyamu Street, Off Billings Way Oregun, Lagos 100212.

Working Hours:
Mon - Fri: 9AM - 5PM
Sat & Sun: CLOSED

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2022
AkoEja:

I need to replace my current lead acid batteries and inverter with a Victron Multiplus and LIfepo4 batteries. I will prefer to engage someone with good knowledge of Victrons to do it for me. I can actually do it myself, but will like someone who is the expert with Victrons.

contact @olopan or zeestone99
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:55am On Oct 06, 2022
In addition to what valto said

If you can list out your usage pattern, it will go a long way to decide what works best.

dbshaywhy:
Good morning professionals...

Please... I need the professionals input on this...

I intend going for lifepo4 (to be used with light appliances, no freezer, no pumping machines, no iron.... Just the bulb light, tv, sound system, phone charging, fan and blender to blend occasionally).

I already installed;
2*200W panel
1pcs 30a epever tracer 3210A(the old model)
12v 850Va nexus inverter.

I will mostly be using the system in the night till daybreak from Monday-Saturday.... And use day and night on Sundays...

So my questions are;

1. What sise of lifepo4 battery do I really need?
2. What are those things do I need to replace or change to meet up my proposed new set up?
3. What are those things I really need to upgrade?

I want an everlasting and reliable set up as the former set with 2*100ah smf battery nva lasted a year.

@Ojeysky
@Valto
@Earthrealm
@Justcallmenuel
@Penuelseun
@Fegeitok
@Kiekie1
@Ojey
Thanks as I much expect your positive response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 10:40am On Oct 06, 2022
odimbannamdi:
Guys,

Please i need your thoughts on this:

What is the implication of a house not having a proper earth connection (or even none at all)?

What components of a solar inverter system could possibly get damaged due to this situation?

And, how can we prevent those damages without having to resolve the earth connection issue?

Finally, how easy is it to do an earth connection for an already built house or to resolve a poorly done earth connection?

Apologies if my questions seem out of place...i am not too techy... embarassed...but i really want to learn.

Thanks

I am also not too techy but "Google" is a good friend of mine and so these are just my thoughts and NOT professional advice.

What is the implication of a house not having a proper earth connection (or even none at all)?

If the house is not earthed, people could get electrocuted. Without an earth connection, the safety switches will not work and an electrical fault could cause a house or appliances to become ‘live’ as the current flows to earth. there is poor or no connection between the electrical wire and the earth stake. Surge and lightning damage to electronics is a frequent occurrence especially with an unstable grid like ours and during the rainy season. So earthing is highly recommended both for personal safety and to protect your expensive home electrical equipment,

What components of a solar inverter system could possibly get damaged due to this situation?

Everything. A proper surge or lighting strike can even burn the inverter if a direct strike hits your installation. Lightning contains awesome amounts of electrical energy. Lightning discharges have been measured from several thousand to over 200,000 Amps (enough to light half a million 100 Watt bulbs) and even though of a very short duration, can cause tremendous damage and destruction.

And, how can we prevent those damages without having to resolve the earth connection issue?

Electricity always looks for the shortest path to the earth, therefore if there is any problem where the neutral wire is broken or interrupted, then it is the grounding wire that provides a direct path to the ground. This direct physical connection allows the earth to act as a path of least resistance and prevent an appliance or a person from becoming the shortest path. An earth rod is the most basic protection you can start with for the grounding for the house and you should be able to link some parts of your DB (Distribution Board) to it. An SPD (Surge Protection Device) can also be included at the AC input of your inverter connection apart from the AC breaker. I am not an electrician so i cannot be detailed enough but it is highly recommended you get a professional electrician to check out the wiring of that location.

Finally, how easy is it to do an earth connection for an already built house or to resolve a poorly done earth connection?

Again a proper electrician should be able to assess the electrical wiring and check out the grounding. Egbon Niyi and Bigrovar have talked extensively here about their grounding process and can talk a bit more on that you check out their previous posts here.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 10:47am On Oct 06, 2022
See examples of a lightning damage to a house DB. Or if that your overloaded transformer in your area decides to do werey for you or when NEPA brings back "strong light" to your area and you hear tvs and other electrical appliances going off like gunshots.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2022
22v solar dry pressing iron available, #12,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery still available, #1,600,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2022
3.5kva 24v soccer power inverter available, #165,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
Valto:
u need a 12v 150A lifepo4 lithium battery.(available though, but is costly because it is 50ah cells)

@valto to increase sales on your LFP batteries, I suggest you create FAQs and post it here AND also build a website where you can list prices of all your items.

I thought it's just 100ah/105ah & 230ah LFP you sell, don't know you even sell 150ah.

Many more will purchase from you but are tied down due to one or two reasons.

The truth is you MUST have high patronage on your LFP batteries, but you should equally be able to invest in tech-based advancement.

What you are doing now (box) is mechanical.

@Kiekie1 of techland, I must commend your website its professional and straight to the point.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
Any group purchase of cells in this forum?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2022
TechGeek777:

@valto to increase sales on your LFP batteries, I suggest you create FAQs and post it here AND also build a website where you can list prices of all your items.
not that easy bro,to venture fully, one need more than enough funds to import cells in thousands. there is room for improvement though, but for now it is strictly a DIY hobbyists stuff, as i have a proper shop where i sell electrical/electronics products.

I thought it's just 100ah/105ah & 230ah LFP you sell, don't know you even sell 150ah.
i have just few pcs of 50ah and 230ah, at moment, however am expecting some stocks this month. thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
Talking about some installers and items provided, I just bumped into this CC that was installed for, not someone, but an association.

Mind you as an association, pricing and money is not the problem and they tried enough of accountability by forming a committee that looked into the project and have various installers forward their quotations and underwent interview.

I'm displeased and concerned because I am a financial member of that body, though have not had active physical participation for about two years now due to travels.

Apparently, the installer went for the damn cheap/possibly fake items. You should see the names of the solar panels and batteries (flooded LA) provided, you'll be painfully amused.

I will only give the picture of the CC here and withhold pictures of other items installed for personal reasons (has nothing to do with the installer who I don't even know sef).

I have heard of "XtraPower" battery. Didn't know that there is now an iteration of a CC called "XtraPOWFP"

That is the little I want to let out for now.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:25pm On Oct 06, 2022
Is there any one in Abuja that has this light? I need 8pcs Urgently please.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by S007: 5:51am On Oct 07, 2022
Pls do we have any good installer based in Ibadan here?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2022
isangjohnson:
Any group purchase of cells in this forum?

Contact Selina Li of shenzen Dery.
Check valtos posts, he has posted her alibaba link b4.

She will group your purchase with any nigeria bound cells, and save you on freight cost + she is very reliable and decent

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2022
I need this battery for a project, but how true is the capacity of this on Aliexpress?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2022
TechGeek777:

The truth is you MUST have high patronage on your LFP batteries, but you should equally be able to invest in tech-based advancement.

@Kiekie1 of techland, I must commend your website its professional and straight to the point.

@Kiekie1 of techland, I must commend your website its professional and straight to the point

Hehehehehe grin grin grin One Chance............If you know, you know

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2022
[quote author=earthrealm

Nice one.
Thanks my guy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:08am On Oct 07, 2022
What brand or type of LFP batteries do you have planned?

In the Victron world, you will need a GX device and assorted cables/dongles to bring the whole system together properly - critical as well if you want your LFP
battery pack(s) to be able to talk to your inverter and MPPTs.

Our core expertise is in Victron systems and we can deliver a Victron ESS (saves PHCN credits and prioritises solar consumption) with automatic diesel generator start/stop based on battery SoC and a lot of other value added options.

AkoEja:

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:38am On Oct 07, 2022
samir101ng:

@Kiekie1 of techland, I must commend your website its professional and straight to the point

Hehehehehe grin grin grin One Chance............If you know, you know

Hello, why scouting around on my mention knowing absolutely well i don't owe you anything neither have i had any issue with you in person .
It's becoming quite immatured floating around Nairaland for unnecessary attention whereas serious minded peeps go about their daily businesses .

I paused , pondered about the monicker and asked myself "why unnecessarily bitter for no just cause?" "Do i owe you in anyway" ? I've always gone about daily transactions making sure we deliver goods & services & we keep developing to be sincere! I'm not a spirit , I'm fully available esp in Lagos, if you've any grievance, meet me up for resolution as saner beings do. That's all !

I crave your indulgence, Let peace rule! #Gracias

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2022
TechGeek777:

Thanks you for the review Sir. Feel free to always contact us "be it online or offline transactions", we'll surely deliver !

We are always at your service...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
kiekie1:

Hello, why scouting around on my mention knowing absolutely well i don't owe you anything neither have i had any issue with you in person .
It's becoming quite immatured floating around Nairaland for unnecessary attention whereas serious minded peeps go about their daily businesses .

I paused , pondered about the monicker and asked myself "why unnecessarily bitter for no just cause?" "Do i owe you in anyway" ? I've always gone about daily transactions making sure we deliver goods & services & we keep developing to be sincere! I'm not a spirit , I'm fully available esp in Lagos, if you've any grievance, meet me up for resolution as saner beings do. That's all !

I crave your indulgence, Let peace rule! #Gracias

So, just to clarify are you the owner of Techland or in any way affiliated to Techland Solar https://www.techlandsolar.ng/ ?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2022
Valto:
this is well packaged enough cheesy on testing mode. the metal is 2mm thick and imported.

"your package will not be imported" grin

That's awesome.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
samir101ng:

So, just to clarify are you the owner of Techland or in any way affiliated to Techland Solar https://www.techlandsolar.ng/ ?

Of course not!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Goodmorning my people. Please who get clean fairly used 3.5kva 24v indian inverter for sale?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by coldcandy: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
ceaser:
Talking about some installers and items provided, I just bumped into this CC that was installed for, not someone, but an association.

Mind you as an association, pricing and money is not the problem and they tried enough of accountability by forming a committee that looked into the project and have various installers forward their quotations and underwent interview.

I'm displeased and concerned because I am a financial member of that body, though have not had active physical participation for about two years now due to travels.

Apparently, the installer went for the damn cheap/possibly fake items. You should see the names of the solar panels and batteries (flooded LA) provided, you'll be painfully amused.

I will only give the picture of the CC here and withhold pictures of other items installed for personal reasons (has nothing to do with the installer who I don't even know sef).

I have heard of "XtraPower" battery. Didn't know that there is now an iteration of a CC called "XtraPOWFP"

That is the little I want to let out for now.
This one is Panadol Extra

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
justcallmenuel:
22v solar dry pressing iron available, #12,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Is it the iron + the battery for that 12k?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
ajabani4allah:

Is it the iron + the battery for that 12k?

Haba.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
ajabani4allah:
I need this battery for a project, but how true is the capacity of this on Aliexpress?

Pls what should be the normal actual capacity of the 32700 lifepo4? This one on Aliexpress with 12Ah+ can not be true
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
8pcs of brand new grade A EVE 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells available at 83k each
20pcs brand new eve 50ah cells available at 22k each. different types of lifepo4 bms also available
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Sapiosexuality(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.