Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2045477 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) ... (1680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
I'll say you probably can still use an AC, just pair it with a suitable de-humidifier to take the condensation out of the air.

jonescosmos:
Good day everyone here.
As someone suggested a 1hp AC for the inverter room earlier, I spoke to Deye Engineers as well as Felicity Engineers as to what is the best way to keep the room cool for the systems.

Both team gave a simmilar response to this.

They both talked about the size of the room which is somewhat about 9ftx8ftx9ft WDH.
They both didn't recommend an AC for the room, reeson beign that some micro internal components might get condensed and eventually fail due to bridging of terminals.
They both recommended a natural air cooling system according to the first two pictures below.
Based on immediate avialable resources, I did it as seen on the last two pictures.
Before you draw your conclusions remember that they did not say I can't use AC in there. They gave recommendations based on environmental constrains which here is size of the room.

After installing and testing this my Extractor fan today, I thanked my spirit for deciding to place the Deye inverter right below the vents as seen in the pictures.
The Deye Inverter sucks air from under and throws out upwards and the Extractor fan sucks the air outside alongside dust. grin
Please recommend improvements if any.

Happy me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2022
Pojomojo:
How much for the bolded

The direct distributor they gave me his contact don't seem to have it at the moment, when I enquired when he's likely to have it or the amount he last sold it he was hesitant to give any info regarding that, so I deduced it's possible he has never sold it.

But I believe the Pro version is the way to go considering the batteryless mode and ability to accommodate more Pv.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pojomojo: 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello house, please what do you think about this panels?

3kw 24volt Hybrid Inverter Setup + Solar
300watts Solar panels 6pieces (2.4kw)
Brand - Auxano Solar, Foresolar, or Sunshine.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kabawhat:

Price sir
Hi, If you're interested I have the ATS that jonescosmos pasted, it's brand new, never been used, ordered it for my use but ended up getting a victron inverter instead. If you're interested I could sell it to you less transport costs. I.e. for the $120 eqv, you only need to pay for local shipping since it's already in Nigeria
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
Pojomojo:
Hello house, please what do you think about this panels?

3kw 24volt Hybrid Inverter Setup + Solar
300watts Solar panels 6pieces (2.4kw)
Brand - Auxano Solar, Foresolar, or Sunshine.
6pcs of 300w is 1800w
4pcs of 450w yingli or jinko =1800w
trying to cut corners with cheap panels will not pay u in the long run. auxano solar is authentic though, but u are still better off with 4pcs 450w yingli or jinko

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

samnaija:

This is power generating and transmission company ...congrats . Nice one. Care to share the specs and how many solar arrays ....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 6:11am On Dec 19, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Please, be very careful with this installation. One mistake and the fan won't work.

I got 2 units from a seller on Konga via offline sales. My installer made a silly mistake and the first one didn't work. We had to watch a video from YouTube (link below) together and we corrected the mistake in the second fan.

I had to reach out to the seller who then directed me to the distributor at alaba international who finally directed me to their service centre also.there in Alaba and it was repaired. It was not a palatable experience. I spent the whole day on that move.

https://youtu.be/uH7VgNyvo NI

pls where is the service center in alaba? i would really appreciate if i can have d address
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ask4bk(m): 11:09am On Dec 19, 2022
ojeysky:

DIY or Felicity are the ones in town unfortunately. Still yet to see reasonably priced lifepo4 pack that is not DIY

Why you say unfortunately?
Coz of the prize or coz felicity lithiums are not that good?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
litaninja:
I'll say you probably can still use an AC, just pair it with a suitable de-humidifier to take the condensation out of the air.

I think he's better off with an air extractor with good air flow, putting AC and humidifier will just added to power consumption which we are all trying to conserve.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
brightk:

pls where is the service center in alaba? i would really appreciate if i can have d address

I may struggle to provide the exact location coz it is all hazy, but I remmeber taking a keke from D Line (where the distributors sell) down to the location. It is after a particular bank - ABM or First bank or so. It is a popular place with lots of offloading going on. Just ask around, you won't miss it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
Exactly my brother, you nailed it. That was my final point as to not opting for an AC.

tsiriman:

I think he's better off with an air extractor with good air flow, putting AC and humidifier will just added to power consumption which we are all trying to conserve.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Hello people. I have the following for sale:

9 x 335w Yingli (Black cell) Solar Panels. I purchased the panels exactly 3 years ago (November 2019) from Yingli directly from Yingli's office at Allen Road Ikeja. I used them personally for my home setup. The panels are in good shape and the reason for selling is due to an upgrade to my system. I am upgrading to a higher-capacity setup.

I kept online logs and records of my solar setup so you can actually see the historical performance of the panels (3kw total power) on my solar monitoring dashboard here http://energy.openculture.org.ng:8080/dashboard/view?id=48 (The panels are still in use as I write this)

The highest performance I ever recorded from the array is 3241w and this was sometime this year. (Screenshot attached)
The total price I am selling the array is 450k at the cost of 50k each. I intend to sell them all in one go.

Location is in abuja and logistics would be handled by the buyer.

The panels are in great shape.

Sold off.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
bigrovar:

9 x 335w Yingli (Black cell) Solar Panels. I purchased the panels exactly 3 years ago (November 2019) from Yingli directly from Yingli's office at Allen Road Ikeja. I used them personally for my home setup. The panels are in good shape and the reason for selling is due to an upgrade to my system. I am upgrading to a higher-capacity setup.

I kept online logs and records of my solar setup so you can actually see the historical performance of the panels (3kw total power) on my solar monitoring dashboard here http://energy.openculture.org.ng:8080/dashboard/view?id=48 (The panels are still in use as I write this)

The highest performance I ever recorded from the array is 3241w and this was sometime this year. (Screenshot attached)
The total price I am selling the array is 450k at the cost of 50k each. I intend to sell them all in one go.

The panels are in great shape and
+2348075150964
The major issue is the logistics as I'm not in Abuja.
I would've loved to have them in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State Capital.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
bigrovar:

Sold off.

shocked shocked shocked
Baba never even advertise finish the thing don go grin grin grin

isangjohnson:

The major issue is the logistics as I'm not in Abuja.
I would've loved to have them in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State Capital.

Boss, you are late to the party. Try again next time. wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sold off just now? People fast o!

bigrovar:

Sold off.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
ojeysky:
3 units of brand new ANT BMS 7s to 16s 300A available for sale @75k each

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2022
ask4bk:

Why you say unfortunately?
Coz of the prize or coz felicity lithiums are not that good?

No much competition and Felicity is known for inaccurate nameplate when capacity is tested

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
True, but I think he was willing to put up with the AC power consumption from scratch, the deal-breaker for him was the condensation. In addition, the dehumidifier will probably increase that load by another 100W.

tsiriman:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ask4bk(m): 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
ojeysky:

No much competition and Felicity is known for inaccurate nameplate when capacity is tested

That's unfortunate then
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Please house, kindly recommend cheapest AVR for freezer and TV, low budget and efficient. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 11:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
1) Epever Mppt CC 150v/60a.
2) Srne Mppt CC 150v/60a,
3) Powmr Mppt CC 190v/60a.
Please, choose the best two for me from above that can either charge lead acid battery or lifepo4 battery.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 12:01am On Dec 20, 2022
mahkanjuh:
Please house, kindly recommend cheapest AVR for freezer and TV, low budget and efficient. Thanks
I prefer the word low budget.
We should always be extremely careful with cheap products, especially electrical.
While praying for the best of our investment/rest of mind, we also do not want to put our lives and that of our loved ones in danger.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:20am On Dec 20, 2022
mahkanjuh:

be careful bro. in solar as in life, you get what you pay for. that 'cheapest avr' that you're looking for may well be the
reason you will start looking to replace your electronics in no time when the unthinkable happens.
think wise and think smart. just my 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pay Cheap
Pay Twice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2022
isangjohnson:
2) Srne Mppt CC 150v/60a

Please, choose the best two for me from above that can either charge lead acid battery or lifepo4 battery.
Thanks
in that order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2022
Valto:
in that order
Thanks sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
GeorgeD1:

be careful bro. in solar as in life, you get what you pay for. that 'cheapest avr' that you're looking for may well be the
reason you will start looking to replace your electronics in no time when the unthinkable happens.
think wise and think smart. just my 2 kobo.

Thanks, does that mean all these binatone plug in AVR is not advisable Kindly suggest then
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
Who has EpSolar Epever eTracer Mppt CC 60A 150V should drop prcice and contact.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
jonescosmos:
Good day everyone here.
As someone suggested a 1hp AC for the inverter room earlier, I spoke to Deye Engineers as well as Felicity Engineers as to what is the best way to keep the room cool for the systems.

Both team gave a simmilar response to this.

They both talked about the size of the room which is somewhat about 9ftx8ftx9ft WDH.
They both didn't recommend an AC for the room, reeson beign that some micro internal components might get condensed and eventually fail due to bridging of terminals.
They both recommended a natural air cooling system according to the first two pictures below.
Based on immediate avialable resources, I did it as seen on the last two pictures.
Before you draw your conclusions remember that they did not say I can't use AC in there. They gave recommendations based on environmental constrains which here is size of the room.

After installing and testing this my Extractor fan today, I thanked my spirit for deciding to place the Deye inverter right below the vents as seen in the pictures.
The Deye Inverter sucks air from under and throws out upwards and the Extractor fan sucks the air outside alongside dust. grin
Please recommend improvements if any.

Happy me.

My inverter is a smaller one.

I had some concern on the temperature of my 5kW Deye inverter.
The inverter is situated in a well ventilated area but the heat sink gets quite hot, that's how the design is, so I decided to take some precautions for increased span.

The 5kW has just one fan on the bottom of the left heat sink. So I'm order to keep the temperature at manageable range and possibly extend life span of the inverter components, I bought 2 120mm PWM fluid bearing PC fans, 2 brackets to couple the 2 fans together and a dual fan controller to control the speed of the 2 fans based on temperature.
I installed the fan assembly under the right heatsink beside the factory fan.
The original factory fans still runs from time to time but I noticed that it runs much less than it used to and the temperature seen for the Solarman app shows that the temperature is some degrees lower, also the temperature of the heat sink when felt with hand is lower than it used to be.
The new aftermarket fans run continuously 24/7 but speed increases and reduces based on temperature.

Want to find out if anyone has any aftermarket setup on their hydrid inverter to regulate inverter temperature.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
isangjohnson:
2) Srne Mppt CC 150v/60a,
Thanks

Lumiax 150v/60a
Have dedicated lithium profile.
Have inbuilt Bluetooth
You can view stats and also change parameters via mobile app (android and iOS)

Price - 145k

Call/chat - 08117398294

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
isangjohnson:
Who has EpSolar Epever eTracer Mppt CC 60A 150V should drop prcice and contact.

Epever 60a/150v - 165k
Mt50 remote - 25k

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Anyone knows where to get non polarized DC breakers in Nigeria I need 2 poles 200A x 4. I can't seem to find them even on AliExpress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) ... (1680) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.