Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2051705 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2022
mctfopt:

If you want to DIY you will need the following:

1) Earth rod and earth clamp bolt
2) Earth mat, there are already made in the market, or you can buy 20mm or 25mm flat copper tape and DIY the thing.
3) 16mm² single core cable to run to the earth connection in db or changeover
4) Industrial salt
5) Charcoal
6) Cow/ or poultry droppings

1) Dig a hole (at least 4 feet)

2) Put your copper rod in and drive it down till it's flush with the ground

3) Use clamp to secure the 16mm² wire to the rod and make a good electrical connection to the earth mat. This wire will run to the final earth location which is your inverter in this instance.

4) Add industrial salt and charcoal.

5) Pour in water to mix.

6) Add the dung and pour in more water.

7) Finally, cover the hole

The whole purpose of providing earthing is to discharge the leakage/fault current safely to the ground. All these are just to increase the conductivity of the soil or reduce its resistance. Adding of charcoal, cow dung, industrial salt and water (termed as conditioning of pit) decreases soil resistivity. Industrial standards requires that the soil resiativity be less than 5 ohm.

A dedicated earth is just an earth for a particular device, the whole house may have an earth which may have failed or compromised, a new dedicated earth is just for the equipment you want to secure.

The experts may have other great ways of doing this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2022
jonescosmo:

I have 4units of [b]Felicity IVEM5048 (5KVA 48V) Inverter with almost zero Idle Power Consumption (0-25W)
3 are less than a week old, 1 is less than 2 months old. Everything functioning, no faults, no repairs of any kind, firmwares updated to Latest V14.02, warantee seals are intanct..
Reason for selling is that I finally recived my 16KW DEYE I ordered.
You can reach me on 08033252184 for a video call so that you can see them functioning, I will be decommisioning them in a few days[/b]

Is this still available?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 12:03am On Dec 23, 2022
toyeoye:

I just arrived and will observe over time but so far, yes, I hear at least one fan running almost all the time.

Thanks a lot grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 4:53am On Dec 23, 2022
mctfopt:
Is there a real Jinko dealer at Alaba

Jinko only has one distributor in Nigeria ( based on their website) they do have presence in Alaba. They also happen to be the official distributor for JA, and Longi.

You can reach the +234 803 373 1860 (as displayed on Jinko website)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:00am On Dec 23, 2022
DC meter to provide 360-view of the vitals of your inverter system. It comes with 200A shunt.

Price: 10,000 firm

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2022
Valto:
12v 135ah lifepo4 lithium battery coupled with 100A 4S Bluetooth bms, 125A circuit breaker 2mm thick metal box available
24v 100ah lifepo4 lithium battery coupled with 100A 8S Bluetooth bms and 16pcs brand new grade A EVE 50ah cells with over 5000 cycles in a high quality HDF wooden box is available
VALTECH range of 12v 1000w,1600w,2000w standalone pure sine wave inverter

whatsapp 0802-057-4628.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2022
House abeg o!!!

I have been hearing this often and often, from your experiences here, do the tubular batteries in our markets here really last 5-8years for real?

Likes of Inverlast, Eastman and others
Help enlighten me please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
viperVIP:
House abeg o!!!

I have been hearing this often and often, from your experiences here, do the tubular batteries in our markets here really last 5-8years for real?

Help enlighten me please

I've been using mine for 4 years. Just don't discharge below 50% and I'm sure you can get 8 years easy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience
How many batteries are you using connected together?
What's your max charging current?
How often do your water needs topping?

Namzy:

I've been using mine for 4 years. Just don't discharge below 50% and I'm sure you can get 8 years easy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
Yes it is.

Xanderone:

Is this still available?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
viperVIP:
Thanks for sharing your experience
How many batteries are you using connected together?
What's your max charging current?
How often do your water needs topping?

I have 2 12v connected in series, 30a charging current although sometimes can get to 35amps water topping about 3 or twice yearly because I don't usually allow the water water level indicator get to the red lower line

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
Hello house

Available now

Powmr 3.2kva 24v 80a mppt hybrid inverter - 260k

Limited quantity

Call/chat - 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2022
Who has this for sale.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MontyNG(m): 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
Good evening house

I have a Luminous 1.5kva inverter with 2x fairly new batteries. 12v 220ah (matrix tubular)
Batteries still have about 13months warranty on them.

Happy with N350k for the lot.
(Please, I can't deliver. You'll have to come pickup in Lagos, Ikeja axis. First come, first collect)

Don't do crossover in darkness ooo... Get this deal today. I can even include a small extra Christmas present sef.
DM me or reply on here if you're ready to pick up now. Once it's gone, it's gone

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MontyNG(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
GENNEX 5kva 48v inverter available for sale. (VMIII)

I'll also include the wifi dongle for free. I upgraded to a DEYE Inverter before I could even use it because I needed the 2 mppt of the deye. So technically, it's still new.

You can have it for 350k.

Available now to pickup around ikeja axis in Lagos
Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2022
MontyNG:
Good evening house

I have a Luminous 1.5kva inverter with 2x fairly new batteries. 12v 220ah (matrix tubular)
Batteries still have about 13months warranty on them.

Happy with N350k for the lot.
(Please, I can't deliver. You'll have to come pickup in Lagos, Ikeja axis. First come, first collect)

Don't do crossover in darkness ooo... Get this deal today. I can even include a small extra Christmas present sef.
DM me or reply on here if you're ready to pick up now. Once it's gone, it's gone

350k? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, happy sales bro

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MontyNG(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2022
shithapuns:

350k? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, happy sales bro

No vex. I guess I should sell 2new batteries and an inverter for 100k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
viperVIP:
House abeg o!!!

Help enlighten me please

Got mine 2019 and sold it early this year to a friend who still uses. Mine then was Exide Index and it was usually cycled around 40% depth of discharge / 60% state of charge. I also made sure it got daily fully charged at C20. Water topping happened about once in 2 months.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
With all the rules duely observed, if lead acid battery can last for 5 to 6 years with lifecycle of about 500 to 800, then lifepo4 may get to 15 years under the same condition with lifecycle of about 2000 to 2500.
I'm waiting to see how many years my tubular will stay alive too. The highest power drawn from my battery is 30%. It's about a year now and I've never top water before.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Who has this for sale.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aw can I get it boss
zeestone99:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2022
Thinking back, I think my experience may have been affected by the capacity of the inbuilt CC which was 60amps. 60amps at 48v will only give about half the capacity of a 5kva inverter and about full capacity for a 3kva inverter. I however tested with 5kva inverters
I will expect the inverter to remain on in the scenario you cited provided yield was sustained during the period of the surge demand.

TechGeek777:

Thanks for the info, I will definitely use it with battery. What if the surge demand is less than panel yield, will it still trip off the inverter?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 1:28am On Dec 24, 2022
jonescosmos:

Appart from your Batteries being full or floating, You can't compare the efficiency of Independent CCs to Hybrid Inverters.
I had this same problem when my setup was 8x360w (4s2p Wiring) with 60A CC and 3KW Inverter on 4x220Ah FLD Batteries. The Banks never get full all day long and no matter what I switched on, I never got past 1.XXKW production from the PVs according to the display of the CC just like what you have posted here.

When I switched to 5KVA Hybrid with 100A MPPT Built-In Charging at 60A, same 4x220Ah FLDs, rearanged same PVs to 8s, The Inverter sucked almost 2.8KW from the same panels begining from around 10am till 3pm, Batteries gets fully charged before sun down while powering more loads alongside than the prior setup.

Conclusively, I nothiced that due to a broader intelligent programming of priorities on Hybrid Inverters, they tends to query for more power from the PVs than the Batteries. (Output Source Priority Setting: SUB) once you do this, S=Solar, U=Utility, B=Battery. So the SUB order means get every power you need from the Sun first, If Solar Energy is not sufficient or not available, Make it Up from Utility, If both Solar and Utility are not available, take power from the battery banks.

This is one hell of a function that Seperate CCs doesn't have. Because the Inverter sees only Battery Input as power source, it sucks from it, remember that the Battery Banks are closer to the Inverter than the PV and CC in terms of ampearage, the batteries are then always draining.

This whole Hybrid Inverter Intelligence in my own words is revolutionalised in my Deye Inverter which dumps all dependence on Grid/Battery and shifts to Solar inputs for Power, in turns, it sucks everything is can get from the solar before considering Grid or Battery.

In my humble opinion, dump the setup of CC, inverter, Battery and shift to a good Hybrid Inverter, i guarantee you won't regret it. Just make sure that yout setup is properly protected from the storms both from Grid and Solar.

Hi Jonescosmos,
If you can be kind enough to provide the details of your CC... What's the brand of CC?
And while you did a 4S2P on it, did you go through the manual to study the efficiency curve of the CC? Do you actually know that the efficiency of some CCs actually reduces with increase in PV array voltage? (Beyond a certain voltage wrt the system voltage)
These days, people hardly care to study the efficiency curve of their CC manual, they just want to connect panels in series as much as they can, simply because they're using MPPT... Funny!

So many things could've contributed to the poor performance of your CC, including the settings too, but I can categorically tell you that , being a standalone is NOT in the list.

Countless folks are still using using standalone system for years to run ACs, washing machine, heaters! etc, without single issue wrt charging.

So, outrightly blaming your poor yield on the standalone setup, in combo with your "humble opinion" is extremely misleading, worrisome and might be discouraging to quite a number of people... Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 1:40am On Dec 24, 2022
isangjohnson:
1) Epever Mppt CC 150v/60a.
2) Srne Mppt CC 150v/60a,
3) Powmr Mppt CC 190v/60a.
Please, choose the best two for me from above that can either charge lead acid battery or lifepo4 battery.
Thanks

Though not on the list, why not consider Fangpusun sir?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:19am On Dec 24, 2022
ojeysky:
3 units of brand new ANT BMS 7s to 16s 300A available for sale @75k each

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 8:23am On Dec 24, 2022
ojeysky:
3 units of brand new ANT BMS 7s to 16s 300A available for sale @75k each
you're id
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:45am On Dec 24, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Aw can I get it boss

Call/chat - 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2022
bigrovar:

Jinko only has one distributor in Nigeria ( based on their website) they do have presence in Alaba. They also happen to be the official distributor for JA, and Longi.

You can reach the +234 803 373 1860 (as displayed on Jinko website)

Thanks a lot boss.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2022
isangjohnson:
With all the rules duely observed, if lead acid battery can last for 5 to 6 years with lifecycle of about 500 to 800, then lifepo4 may get to 15 years under the same condition with lifecycle of about 2000 to 2500.
I'm waiting to see how many years my tubular will stay alive too. The highest power drawn from my battery is 30%. It's about a year now and I've never top water before.

i got more than 8yrs from my 260ah zenith batteries before replacing them in 2019.
it all boils down to paying attention to the little details. once you get it right abinitio,
every other thing falls into place.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:27am On Dec 24, 2022
mahkanjuh:

Thanks, does that mean all these binatone plug in AVR is not advisable Kindly suggest then

the plug-ins have their limit. if you really want peace of mind, go for standard avrs that you can see input
and output voltage clearly displayed. that way you'll be sure your electronic equipment is getting the
right voltage needed to function properly.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nnadychuks(m): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2022
Namzy:

I have 2 12v connected in series, 30a charging current although sometimes can get to 35amps water topping about 3 or twice yearly because I don't usually allow the water water level indicator get to the red lower line
hw much does it cost to top the acid, and is it something you can do on your own?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2022
nnadychuks:
hw much does it cost to top the acid, and is it something you can do on your own?

Kiekie sells. U can contact him

(1) (2) (3) ... (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m), isangjohnson, Hybrid600, Alfaabass123, kdaddy, OtunbaLeXuS(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.