Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2069758 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2023
viperVIP:
I need help here please.
I use a Growatt SPF 5000 ES,
Connected to 16s DIY LFP cells
And 16s 200a ANT BMS

At first, I set my charging voltage to 3.6 X 16 = 57.6v, float voltage to 3.5 X 16 = 56.0v,
but after so much information gathering here and there, I settled for 56.0v as charging voltage and 55.2v as float voltage.

But irrespective of the times I made the changes above, I am always having problems with the BMS. Sometimes it charges to 90% and stops charging, other times 38%, 68%, but if I reset the BMS, it will continue charging and eventually reach 100%.

This is now beginning to happen on daily basis, but before I go ahead and change the BMS to JBD, I want to be sure what could wrong please? I have sold the system to a client after few months use and I am beginning to look like a bad man now, energy initiates come to my rescue abeg grin

Check your individual cell parameters and confirm that they are equivalent to the total pack set parameters as cell parameters over-rides pack parameters.

Lastly, use settings as provided by @Valto
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2023
Ok, noted, but then that doesn't mean it should stop charging at 38% when it's barely 53v yet

@saint2ace, you are right but the cells are balanced
Highest being 3.29 and lowest being

Valto:
56v a little bit too high, set the charging voltage to bulk 55.2v or 54.4v
float 54v or 54.2v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tolukemi: 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello everyone. Please can you help me critique this quotation (parts and cost) I received from an installer? Background: I am looking to go off grid as much as possible. I need to power the following:

1. lights
2. Four ceiling fans
3. TV with decoder
4. Refrigerator
5. Chest freezer
6. Water pump
7. Possibly an AC in the future

Here is what I have been quoted:
1. 5KVA/48V Lento Inverter ₦500k
2. Four 220AH/12V Lento Tall Tubular Battery ₦190k each
3. Battery rack ₦19k
4. 2.5mm cable (15m) ₦1.1k/m
5. 60A Adjustable voltage protector ₦30k
6. 32A AC breaker ₦3.5k
7. Two Breaker enclosure 4-way ₦4k each
8. Ancillaries (Trunking pipes, tapes, 100A knife switch, flash bands, sealants, bolts & nuts) ₦29k
9. Ten 350W Bestcom Mono-crystalline solar panel ₦102k each
10. 60A 48V MPPT Sun-Extra solar change controller ₦155k
11. Four 63A Chint DC breaker single pole (for solar) ₦4.5k each
12. 10mm cable in meters (for solar) (50m) ₦1.4k/m
13. Four Solar Aluminium fittings ₦16.5k each

Thank you in advance for your help.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
viperVIP:
I need help here please.
And 16s 200a ANT BMS

At first, I set my charging voltage to 3.6 X 16 = 57.6v, float voltage to 3.5 X 16 = 56.0v,
but after so much information gathering here and there, I settled for 56.0v as charging voltage and 55.2v as float voltage.

But irrespective of the times I made the changes above, I am always having problems with the BMS. Sometimes it charges to 90% and stops charging, other times 38%, 68%, but if I reset the BMS, it will continue charging and eventually reach 100%.

This is now beginning to happen on daily basis, but before I go ahead and change the BMS to JBD, I want to be sure what could wrong please? I have sold the system to a client after few months use and I am beginning to look like a bad man now, energy initiates come to my rescue abeg grin

Float of 55.2V is too high, Float of 54.4V is ok and bulk of not more than 56V, I will also rather go with JK BMS with 2A active balancing, this setup is install and forget.

Make sure you have the right settings in your BMS (capacity, when balancing starts...etc)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
viperVIP:
I need help here please.
And 16s 200a ANT BMS

GROWATT ES 5000 specifically wrote in their manual to set float and absorb at same value, if using lithium battery, and you don't have the OEM serial cable for bms, so you now use USER profile for charging. try that and observe, if it persists, then issue may be from daily bms. are u triply sure that ur bms leads and terminals are kosher

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
The problem might be with the inverter. Av u tried a standalone charge controller or AC charger?
viperVIP:
I need help here please.
And 16s 200a ANT BMS

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
Good day All,

Please I need recommendation for durable low wattage Standing Fan not more than 50W.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Go for those 18" rechargeable fan. They don't consume up to 50w.
ebocoms:
Good day All,

Please I need recommendation for durable low wattage Standing Fan not more than 50W.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
tolukemi:
Hello everyone. Please can you help me critique this quotation (parts and cost) I received from an installer? Background: I am looking to go off grid as much as possible. I need to power the following:

1. lights
2. Four ceiling fans
3. TV with decoder
4. Refrigerator
5. Chest freezer
6. Water pump

3. Battery rack ₦19k
6. 32A AC breaker ₦3.5k
8. Ancillaries (Trunking pipes, tapes, 100A knife switch, flash bands, sealants, bolts & nuts) ₦29k

Number 1 observation is that 48v 5kva Lento is not N500k. it is far less than that. Look around and find authorized or main distributors. If you are willing to spend 500k on an inverter then you can even get some hybrid brands of same capacity (48v 5kw).

Number 2. 350w x 10 = 3.5kw panel = N1,020,000
Yingli is a very good brand, to get 3.5kw equivalent = 450w x 8 = 3.6kw = @ N115,000 x 8 = N920, 000. So for 0.1kw more power rating, you save N100,000. Assuming the panels are of similar size, you are using 8 panels for yingli (instead of 10 for bestcom) which mean rooftop space savings.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2023
Try cloud energy Dc fans, they come with AC adapter to use with normal wall outlets or using a 12V battery or DC powered setup - power consumption is 11.8W for older series and the new series claims to be 10W.

Give it a shot

ebocoms:
Good day All,

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 7:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
Before proceeding.

If you have the time, can you share you load run time here.

How long you want them to do run during the day & also during the night.

Before you finally returning to the quote provided

tolukemi:

1. lights
2. Four ceiling fans
3. TV with decoder
4. Refrigerator
5. Chest freezer
6. Water pump

3. Battery rack ₦19k
6. 32A AC breaker ₦3.5k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
I read later where you said your cells are well balanced.

Two possibilites;

Either your BMS parameters were set too conservative for the charge parameters you want to use OR your cells exhibit a larger voltage drift than you have noted under charge or discharge with high currents.

Do you have access to your BMS protection parameters and can you publish/screenshot them here?

When the BMS cuts off charge/discharge, what error message is logged?

In any case you want far more conservative charge settings on your inverter 55.4v absorb and 53.6v float.

The above settings are 3.46v per cell and 3.35v per cell for absorb and float respectively - at a 3.35v per cell float you can be sure no extra current is making it into the cell and no possibility of overcharging it even over the long run.

Observe the battery pack voltage delta (mV difference between highest and lowest cell as well as highest cell voltage) when the inverter is in absorb and also whatever error message is logged when the BMS cuts off power - these will clue you in what is going on and where to direct your efforts.

viperVIP:
I need help here please.
And 16s 200a ANT BMS

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
viperVIP:
I need help here please.
And 16s 200a ANT BMS

LFP cells don’t float stop confusing your Charger, use same voltage 55.6 for both Float and bulk.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tolukemi: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thank you for your input. What hybrid inverter brands would you recommend around that price?

mangolpupa:

Number 1 observation is that 48v 5kva Lento is not N500k. it is far less than that. Look around and find authorized or main distributors. If you are willing to spend 500k on an inverter then you can even get some hybrid brands of same capacity (48v 5kw).

Number 2. 350w x 10 = 3.5kw panel = N1,020,000
Yingli is a very good brand, to get 3.5kw equivalent = 450w x 8 = 3.6kw = @ N115,000 x 8 = N920, 000. So for 0.1kw more power rating, you save N100,000. Assuming the panels are of similar size, you are using 8 panels for yingli (instead of 10 for bestcom) which mean rooftop space savings.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tolukemi: 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
Here are my estimated run times:

1. lights - About 6hours during the night.
2. Four ceiling fans - 2 running from 6pm-6am
3. TV with decoder - 7pm-11pm
4. Refrigerator - 7am-7pm
5. Chest freezer 7am-7pm
6. Water pump - 1 hour during the day
7. Possibly an AC in the future - 6pm -11pm

olopan:
Before proceeding.

If you have the time, can you share you load run time here.

How long you want them to do run during the day & also during the night.

Before you finally returning to the quote provided

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
tolukemi:
Thank you for your input. What hybrid inverter brands would you recommend around that price?

1. Growatt 48v 5kw hybrid inverter - more than 500k
2. Sorotec 48v 5kw or 5.5kw inverter - around 450k. (do your due diligence and research)

There are other good brands which members can advice on but these are my take for now.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adebayo3449(m): 9:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
ebocoms:
Good day All,

Thank you.

I got this qasa from my installer, he said it's 10watts.
Tho, I didn't see 10watts on it.
But it's nice.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 12:56am On Jan 18, 2023
@tsiriman :: thanks for your input, suggestion noted

@earthrealm :: noted, I'll try that.

@Jefferyzz :: no, I haven't tried external charger.

@NiyiOmoIyunade :: I will have to make a trip to the client's house this weekend to get the screenshot of the set parameters. Usually, when the BMS cuts off, there is no error message, maybe I will tell the client to be more observant. For the suggested voltage settings on the inverter, I will try that as well.

@Dam5reey noted sir.

Thank you to everyone for your contribution, I hope to be back with a positive result.

viperVIP:
I need help here please.
And 16s 200a ANT BMS

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 1:06am On Jan 18, 2023
I have a 6months used Growatt SPF 5000 ES for sale. Still under warranty, used personally and in mint condition with USB monitoring dongle.

08137689240 if needed.

tolukemi:

1. lights
2. Four ceiling fans
3. TV with decoder
4. Refrigerator
5. Chest freezer
6. Water pump

3. Battery rack ₦19k
6. 32A AC breaker ₦3.5k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 5:40am On Jan 18, 2023
Just to clarify that you are looking for the error logged by the battery BMS directly and not the inverter.

What is very likely happening in your case is that when the inverter is at the absorb charge stage, one or more cells go over the set voltage and this disconnects the charge FETs on the BMS and makes the inverter unstable and further worsens things.

The time to be logged into the BMS is around when the inverter enters absorb stage, watch how the cells voltage rise to note anyone relatively higher than the others and lastly confirm that the inverter is actually delivering the target voltage to the battery correctly - an inverter may be off calibration so that it is delivering 57v to the terminals while your settings and screen are showing 56v. Typically you sort this by offsetting the inverter settings for the observed drift or calibration error.

viperVIP:
@tsiriman :: thanks for your input, suggestion noted

@earthrealm :: noted, I'll try that.

@Jefferyzz :: no, I haven't tried external charger.

@NiyiOmoIyunade :: I will have to make a trip to the client's house this weekend to get the screenshot of the set parameters. Usually, when the BMS cuts off, there is no error message, maybe I will tell the client to be more observant. For the suggested voltage settings on the inverter, I will try that as well.

@Dam5reey noted sir.

Thank you to everyone for your contribution, I hope to be back with a positive result.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 6:15am On Jan 18, 2023
My ELCB (Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker) died last night.

From my research ELCBs have been replaced by RCCB (Residual Current Circuit Breakers).

Please kindly recommend an RCCB for me - brands and pricing.

The current ELCB which is bad is 63A.

Should I get a 63A RCCB or should I go up to 100A?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 6:34am On Jan 18, 2023
FEGEITOK:

From my research ELCBs have been replaced by RCCB (Residential Current Circuit Breakers).

Actually residual current.

Schneider electric or legrand

I would say Abbn, but too much fake abb in the market.

I believe the same. 63a is fine unless you have plans for increasing your max electrical load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 6:39am On Jan 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Actually residual current.

Schneider electric or legrand

I would say Abbn, but too much fake abb in the market.

I believe the same. 63a is fine unless you have plans for increasing your max electrical load

Corrected.

Thanks.

I appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:13am On Jan 18, 2023
A 63a RCCB is fine but it needs to be wired correctly especially the PE (protective earth) connection.

63a is approximately 13kw per phase and 40kw across 3 phases - I doubt if an household is reaching or maxing these limits anytime.

If you go 100a you are only reducing your protection levels because you are now permitting the possibility of larger fault currents passing through.

If you get your house m wiring correctly done then a 63a 30mA RCCB is much preferred over an 100a 300mA for protecting the incoming supply of a residence.

FEGEITOK:

From my research ELCBs have been replaced by RCCB (Residual Current Circuit Breakers).

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 7:33am On Jan 18, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
A 63a RCCB is fine but it needs to be wired correctly especially the PE (protective earth) connection.

63a is approximately 13kw per phase and 40kw across 3 phases - I doubt if an household is reaching or maxing these limits anytime.

If you go 100a you are only reducing your protection levels because you are now permitting the possibility of larger fault currents passing through.

If you get your house m wiring correctly done then a 63a 30mA RCCB is much preferred over an 100a 300mA for protecting the incoming supply of a residence.

Eternally grateful.

You made easy work of what I've been pondering over since last night
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2023
Noted thank you.
Jefferyzz:
Go for those 18" rechargeable fan. They don't consume up to 50w.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 9:03am On Jan 18, 2023
Noted thank you.

olopan:
Try cloud energy Dc fans, they come with AC adapter to use with normal wall outlets or using a 12V battery or DC powered setup - power consumption is 11.8W for older series and the new series claims to be 10W.

Give it a shot

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 9:06am On Jan 18, 2023
Noted thank you.

adebayo3449:

I got this qasa from my installer, he said it's 10watts.
Tho, I didn't see 10watts on it.
But it's nice.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2023
tolukemi:

Sunmart vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 375k

Sunmart Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 320k

Sunmart Vmiii plus 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 340k

Sunmart Vmiii plus 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 395k

Sorotec Revo Vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 420k

Sorotec Revo Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 340k

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit) - 460k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit)- 380k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 440k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 360k

Powmr 3.2kva 24v 80a mppt hybrid inverter - 250k

Powmr 3.5kva 24v 100a mppt hybrid inverter - 340k

Powmr 5.5kva 48v 100a mppt hybrid inverter - 385k

Call/chat - 08117398294. To order

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:41am On Jan 18, 2023
135ah cells available too[/b]

whatsapp 0802-057-4628

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tolukemi: 11:58am On Jan 18, 2023
mangolpupa:

1. Growatt 48v 5kw hybrid inverter - more than 500k
2. Sorotec 48v 5kw or 5.5kw inverter - around 450k. (do your due diligence and research)

There are other good brands which members can advice on but these are my take for now.

Thank you for your suggestions. I talk to the installer to see he's familiar with these brands. I did some research on the Sorotec and it looks like you need to know what you're doing to get it to work optimally. My research has now also got me thinking of lead acid vs LifPO4. Too many decisions!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: cybaj09 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.