Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2070066 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tolukemi: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
zeestone99:

Sunmart vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 375k

Sunmart Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 320k

Sunmart Vmiii plus 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 340k

Sunmart Vmiii plus 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 395k

Sorotec Revo Vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 420k

Sorotec Revo Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 340k

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit) - 460k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit)- 380k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 440k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 360k

Powmr 3.2kva 24v 80a mppt hybrid inverter - 250k

Powmr 3.5kva 24v 100a mppt hybrid inverter - 340k

Powmr 5.5kva 48v 100a mppt hybrid inverter - 385k

Call/chat - 08117398294. To order

Thank you for the suggestions. I've done some homework on the Sorotec Revo Vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a. I'll take a look at the other suggested brands as well. This is all very new to me. I thought it would be a quick decision but it looks like I have to do a bit more research and not rush this.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2023
Barely 30 minutes ago I decommissioned the ECLB and commissioned the RCCB into service.

Took me this long because I wanted to be absolutely sure what I was buying.

I didn't delegate this task.

My electronics are too expensive to play with.

I will detail the process subsequently.

Suffice it to say, be absolutely sure what you want to buy before you go shopping so the market doesn't sway you.

Thank you NiyiOmolyunade and GloriousGbola

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2023
Bravo..

I am yet to visit the site, but I asked the client for a screenshot while it's charging this morning and requested for another screenshot when it stopped charging at noon.

I never knew 3.35v is the float voltage, so BMS calibration has 3.45v as 100% indicator, so that's why it stopped charging at 88% yet the average cell there is 3.365.

So I am requesting for his shinephone login so I can adjust the growatt parameters accordingly. Hopefully that will settle the 38% complain also.

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your contributions.

NiyiOmoIyunade:
I read later where you said your cells are well balanced.

Two possibilites;

Either your BMS parameters were set too conservative for the charge parameters you want to use OR your cells exhibit a larger voltage drift than you have noted under charge or discharge with high currents.

Do you have access to your BMS protection parameters and can you publish/screenshot them here?

When the BMS cuts off charge/discharge, what error message is logged?

In any case you want far more conservative charge settings on your inverter 55.4v absorb and 53.6v float.

The above settings are 3.46v per cell and 3.35v per cell for absorb and float respectively - at a 3.35v per cell float you can be sure no extra current is making it into the cell and no possibility of overcharging it even over the long run.

Observe the battery pack voltage delta (mV difference between highest and lowest cell as well as highest cell voltage) when the inverter is in absorb and also whatever error message is logged when the BMS cuts off power - these will clue you in what is going on and where to direct your efforts.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2023
FEGEITOK:
Barely 30 minutes ago I decommissioned the ECLB and commissioned the RCCB into service.

Suffice it to say, be absolutely sure what you want to buy before you go shopping so the market doesn't sway you.

Well said! Congratulations to you brother. I feel that many of us don't put enough thought towards electrical safety and that may be as a result of half baked tradesmen that do our works and lack the ability to technically advice on importance of devices (If care is not taken you will be dissuaded from doing something safe because it is "waste of money"wink. You hear side talks like "Oga na so we dey do am", "You wan teach me my job", "I have been doing this job for 35 years". But they forget that skills need to be updated, ways and procedures are always changing as better materials or technology allows.

Infact saving your electronics can be left for overcurrent and overvoltage to deal with but you're ensuring the safety of life as much as possible with the RCCB as per electric shocks. I have no doubt you've a functional earthing system.

Congrats cool

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
mangolpupa:

Well said! Congratulations to you brother. I feel that many of us don't put enough thought towards electrical safety and that may be as a result of half baked tradesmen that do our works and lack the ability to technically advice on importance of devices (If care is not taken you will be dissuaded from doing something safe because it is "waste of money"wink. You hear side talks like "Oga na so we dey do am", "You wan teach me my job", "I have been doing this job for 35 years". But they forget that skills need to be updated, ways and procedures are always changing as better materials or technology allows.

Infact saving your electronics can be left for overcurrent and overvoltage to deal with but you're ensuring the safety of life as much as possible with the RCCB as per electric shocks. I have no doubt you've a functional earthing system.

Congrats cool

My point was that if I bought an RCCB of doubtful provenance, then not only is there a risk of shock, but to my mind, my equipment is at risk.

Now, I am not under the impression that I need to save some cash to make extra profit, that is what some artisans would do. Neither am I willing to engage some heavy height electrical engineer for this to my mind very small project - the engineer will most likely use the proper RCCB but i will have to pay heavily for engaging him.

That said, since I have benefited immensely from this forum, let me also share so others can benefit as well.

If you need guidance on RCCB and ELCB and why the former is better, then please find time to watch these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVJeh-PQGHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4LhGMd1Hw

I feel that my earthing is in order, but to test it. I will most likely need to engage a fit and proper electrical engineer for that task

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
tolukemi:

Thank you for the suggestions. I've done some homework on the Sorotec Revo Vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a. I'll take a look at the other suggested brands as well. This is all very new to me. I thought it would be a quick decision but it looks like I have to do a bit more research and not rush this.

You can chat me up regarding any information you need about your installation. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
FEGEITOK:

My point was that if I bought an RCCB of doubtful provenance, then not only is there a risk of shock, but to my mind, my equipment is at risk.

Now, I am not under the impression that I need to save some cash to make extra profit, that is what some artisans would do. Neither am I willing to engage some heavy height electrical engineer for this to my mind very small project - the engineer will most likely use the proper RCCB but i will have to pay heavily for engaging him.

That said, since I have benefited immensely from this forum, let me also share so others can benefit as well.

If you need guidance on RCCB and ELCB and why the former is better, then please find time to watch these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVJeh-PQGHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4LhGMd1Hw

I feel that my earthing is in order, but to test it. I will most likely need to engage a fit and proper electrical engineer for that task

My Oga I greet you. Be assured that my comments are generic and well intentioned with nothing personal in it in case misunderstood.

That said, thank you for uploading this Sir. I and others are sure to learn from it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2023
mangolpupa:

My Oga I greet you. Be assured that my comments are generic and well intentioned with nothing personal in it in case misunderstood.

That said, thank you for uploading this Sir. I and others are sure to learn from it.

I never took offense. From our chat here, I had to go back and install earth wire in my home AC unit and office AC unit.

That validates your point.

The second issue that validates your point is that with so many technicians the client maybe more educated on the stuff that he is contracting the vendor/tech on. That to me is very bad. Its your field. Why can't you keep up with the technology? Why can't you hold a conversation on it with your client? Isn't that a chance to demonstrate your mastery and make the client relax that you know your onions?

So I never took offense.

You raised a very valid point on earthing and I am determined to confirm that all is well on that front since I have no other way of confirming that they did the proper thing.

Third issue that validates your point is that lights were blowing left right and center until the client decided to replace the DB the vendor/tech installed with a another DB.

It is events like these that make me take a very active interest in whatever installations are done for me.

I don't want my money to work for me. I want to understand exactly how the money is doing that work for me so I can interrogate the process.

If I didn't have that knowledge when I found out that the ELCB was bad at 11pm (as I just stepped into a dark house meanwhile everyone had light around me and the indicators were showing that I had light at the meter).I would have remained in darkness till the next day. Which tech was I going to call to come and sort me out at that time?

But because I have such knowledge I rigged up temporary lighting until I was able to replace the ELCB with a RCCB
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 8:19am On Jan 19, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I never took offense. From our chat here, I had to go back and install earth wire in my home AC unit and office AC unit.

That validates your point.

The second issue that validates your point is that with so many technicians the client maybe more educated on the stuff that he is contracting the vendor/tech on. That to me is very bad. Its your field. Why can't you keep up with the technology? Why can't you hold a conversation on it with your client? Isn't that a chance to demonstrate your mastery and make the client relax that you know your onions?

So I never took offense.

You raised a very valid point on earthing and I am determined to confirm that all is well on that front since I have no other way of confirming that they did the proper thing.

Third issue that validates your point is that lights were blowing left right and center until the client decided to replace the DB the vendor/tech installed with a another DB.

It is events like these that make me take a very active interest in whatever installations are done for me.

I don't want my money to work for me. I want to understand exactly how the money is doing that work for me so I can interrogate the process.

If I didn't have that knowledge when I found out that the ELCB was bad at 11pm (as I just stepped into a dark house meanwhile everyone had light around me and the indicators were showing that I had light at the meter).I would have remained in darkness till the next day. Which tech was I going to call to come and sort me out at that time?

But because I have such knowledge I rigged up temporary lighting until I was able to replace the ELCB with a RCCB

Good morning & thanks brother. You're right, it always helps when we know how things around us works.

For me, I will be starting my electrical system integrity (connections & earthing installation) checks and upgrade within the next few weeks. So that I can be reasonably satisfied with what follows next.

NEPA has shown household shege, so I need to look for an alternative like many of us here. I have settled my mind for either Jinko or Yingli panels. 1st choice is Jinko. Do you know any authorized Jinko seller? I contacted techland and Paletteng but they only have 380W.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:37am On Jan 19, 2023
mangolpupa:

Good morning & thanks brother. You're right, it always helps when we know how things around us works.

For me, I will be starting my electrical system integrity (connections & earthing installation) checks and upgrade within the next few weeks. So that I can be reasonably satisfied with what follows next.

NEPA has shown household shege, so I need to look for an alternative like many of us here. I have settled my mind for either Jinko or Yingli panels. 1st choice is Jinko. Do you know any authorized Jinko seller? I contacted techland and Paletteng but they only have 380W.

I also spoke to Palette/Techland and I am delaying my purchase because I prefer 550W to 380W.

Because of work I haven't really researched who else has but if I do, I will share with you.

Jinko is also my first choice.

But I might have to change plans if they are not available by April latest which is when I intend to set up the system at the latest.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 8:52am On Jan 19, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I also spoke to Palette/Techland and I am delaying my purchase because I prefer 550W to 380W.

Because of work I haven't really researched who else has but if I do, I will share with you.

Jinko is also my first choice.

But I might have to change plans if they are not available by April latest which is when I intend to set up the system at the latest.

Ok. Many Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:54am On Jan 19, 2023
What's the consensus on GA Solar?

As good as Jinko?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:40am On Jan 19, 2023
It is good that some of us have ideas of the importance of RCCB in our circuitry

At some point in journey of our installation, it was incorporated into system installed but 95% of homes failed the integration thereby making it useless in the long run and was abandoned for other means.

Most homes lack properly done earthing which a RCD may not overlook as the resultant leakage will just trip it ever time.

Till our local electrician gets things right, professional solar engineers have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2023
I will get back to you on this shortly but can you put the wattage either total of them all or individual item with their numbers of loads or appliance

tolukemi:
Here are my estimated run times:

1. lights - About 6hours during the night.
2. Four ceiling fans - 2 running from 6pm-6am
3. TV with decoder - 7pm-11pm
4. Refrigerator - 7am-7pm
5. Chest freezer 7am-7pm
6. Water pump - 1 hour during the day
7. Possibly an AC in the future - 6pm -11pm

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:54am On Jan 19, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,000 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.275 - 1.29 specific gravity range.

*Distilled H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
380w Era solar panel available, #120,000. Call/WhatsApp me 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
5kva 48v Growatt hybrid inverter available, #660,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
10kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #1,300,000. Call/WhatsApp me 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
600w Canadian solar panels available, #190,000. Call/WhatsApp me 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2023
Do you want an Industrial Automatic Voltage Regulator/Stabilizer (AVR) , We have all Sizes of AVR in Stock. We have offices in Lagos & Abuja and we do Nationwide Delivery.

You can reach us on 08066332919

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Donarsy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
dammodee911:

Recently installed a 5.5kwh Smk hybrid on and off grid inverter system coupled with 4 units of 12v 200ah blue carbon lithium ion lifepo4 batteries and 8 450watts mono solar panels. Everything seems fine, but the only downside is that my 9kva firman 12990esr generator can’t seem to charge it. So far only the solar and Nepa light have been able to charge it. But with the raining season on full mode and epileptic power supply, I really need the generator option. My installer said my generator frequency isn’t enough, this is a generator that comfortably powers my 3hp inverter standing AC and 1.5hp inverter AC. What can I do pls? So far from the inverter screen, my gen produces btw 275 -285v and btw 48 - 50.5hz. Shouldn’t this be enough to charge the battery?

Have you called smksolar office for better understanding of the system? The solution to this problem is from the setting on the inverter, kindly go through the manual for guidance. Or call smksolar for solution.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tolukemi: 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2023
Thank you. Here's the wattage:

1. lights - About 6hours during the night. (232W total but it would probably be about a third of this over the course of the day)
2. Four ceiling fans - 2 running from 6pm-6am (300W total for the 4 fans)
3. TV with decoder - 7pm-11pm (85W)
4. Refrigerator - 7am-7pm (200W)
5. Chest freezer 7am-7pm (110W)
6. Water pump - 1 hour during the day (1.5hp)
7. Possibly an AC in the future - 6pm -11pm (Considering a 1 or 1.5hp system)

olopan:
I will get back to you on this shortly but can you put the wattage either total of them all or individual item with their numbers of loads or appliance

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
tolukemi:

1. lights - About 6hours during the night. (232W total but it would probably be about a third of this over the course of the day)

Just wanted to add something here, you can significantly reduce your energy need by running the freezer and fridge from 10am to 3pm (5 hours). A good freezer would've done a lot of cooling in this five hours.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2023
tolukemi:

Is it possible to replace the current lights with energy saving bulbs? How many lights amount to the 232W?

Is it possible to replace the ceiling fans wth those that take less than 75W each?

You will need an inverter AC if you want to run an energy-efficient system

As you will learn when you start using inverters and batteries - energy is not infinite. Although we tend to think you when we use utility power, we only begin to accept that you have to manage consumption if you run a generator or an inverter.

In practical terms, we watch very closely how many watts we take out from our inverters and batteries because they can only give us so much power as the rating allows.

We can even calculate for losses and so even if an inverter is 1.5kva we might not give it loads amounting to 1.5kva

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tolukemi: 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
I have considered all my light bulbs in the 232W, so that is 16 light bulbs of 10W and 2 4ft fluorescent tubes of 36W each. I will not use more than 25% of that load on an average day.

I am happy to replace the ceiling fans. I would only run 2 and that would be during the evening/night.

I don't have an AC yet so I will consider an inverter AC when I get round to it.

Thank you very much for your input. I will definitely take your points on energy efficiency on board.

FEGEITOK:

Is it possible to replace the current lights with energy saving bulbs? How many lights amount to the 232W?

Is it possible to replace the ceiling fans wth those that take less than 75W each?

You will need an inverter AC if you want to run an energy-efficient system

As you will learn when you start using inverters and batteries - energy is not infinite. Although we tend to think you when we use utility power, we only begin to accept that you have to manage consumption if you run a generator or an inverter.

In practical terms, we watch very closely how many watts we take out from our inverters and batteries because they can only give us so much power as the rating allows.

We can even calculate for losses and so even if an inverter is 1.5kva we might not give it loads amounting to 1.5kva
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tolukemi: 11:27pm On Jan 19, 2023
Thank you. I will factor this in.

mctfopt:

Just wanted to add something here, you can significantly reduce your energy need by running the freezer and fridge from 10am to 3pm (5 hours). A good freezer would've done a lot of cooling in this five hours.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:28am On Jan 20, 2023
ALL TYPES OF LIFEPO4 LITHIUM BATTERY BMS, and ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE!
whatsapp 0802-057-4628.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 10:52am On Jan 20, 2023
24v 5kva Ss power inverter and felicity cc 80amp&
100amp for sale in good condition and working well reasons for sale upgrading
Whatsapp me

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2023
I believe that the RCCB or even the ELCB are more of safety devices than protection of your equipment.

I believe if your electronics are also of great concern with respect to over-voltage and fluctuating voltages we sometimes from the utility, you may want to be looking at home industrial stabilizers, connected across the means instead.

FEGEITOK:

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
ojesymsym:
I believe that the RCCB or even the ELCB are more of safety devices than protection of your equipment.

I believe if your electronics are also of great concern with respect to over-voltage and fluctuating voltages we sometimes from the utility, you may want to be looking at home stabilizers instead.

most premium devices can withstand fluctuating voltages. however a voltage leakage usually means that there will be voltage across your neutral. this means you may find that instead of 230v, you can have 300v or more between your live and neutral.

and that will blow your equipment. when you have a voltage leakage, usually because of a live supply coming in contact with a neutral or earth wire, the rccb / elcb trips.

i ave no faith in most of the stabilizers sold here. they are mostly only for 5-10% voltage fluctuation. if you really want a stabilizer, get a a PRAG and connect across your mains

the other thing you do to protet your electronics is a lighnting arrester - but that should be as far from your main building as possible as it can induce surges while delivering the current to ground. also for me, it should be completely seperate from the rest f your earthing as any fault can lead to the current traveling back into your system

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2023
ojesymsym:

I believe if your electronics are also of great concern with respect to over-voltage and fluctuating voltages we sometimes from the utility, you may want to be looking at home stabilizers instead.

No contest.

However ever since one bad experience I am extremely worried about connecting poor quality equipment to my electrical circuits.

I was enjoying listening to music on my high end audio amplifier worth thousands of dollars. I was the only one who had power. My neighbor knocked and begged me to help charge her phone. The moment I connected that phone charger to the same outlet as my amplifier, my amplifier went bad. A post mortem indicated that one of the channels died.

Since then I am worried about the quality of the equipment connected to my outlets.

So while RCCBs protect against shock, I imagined all the worst things that can happen if I bought a fake RCCB.

That was why I had to be personally involved in buying the RCCB.

Might have been a coincidence but until then why didn't the amplifier fail?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: purplekayc(m), okikigsm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.