Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2068978 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 7:59am On Feb 18, 2023
tobennae:
I need expert advice pls.
I want to replace my good old reliable 14yr old 3.5KW Cyberpower inverter sold by PRAG.
I would need a bump to 5 or 7.5KV, as I would like to add 2 units of 1hp inverter ac to the load; add solar panels and also be able to monitor the inverter remotely as I'm sometimes away from my family - 3kids.
I would appreciate any advice on the best inverter to get (brand name & model) and battery specs/type that would serve me as much or almost as much as the cyberpower has served me.
Thank you

Please I am interested in your old inverter, don't have much but I willing to buy, please bless me with it

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 8:05am On Feb 18, 2023
hi guys, please I need the following used items, due to finance reason I can't buy new

used Charge Controller Mppt 20 to 30a
used solar panel
used inverter

my number on whatsap

08034288798pleaas

I beg
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:06am On Feb 18, 2023
I need an original midnite 300V DC surge protector.

If you have it Kindly quote or message me directly via contact on profile
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Can this 5000watt type of inverter carry a borehole 1.5hp?
No it cannot
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 11:01am On Feb 18, 2023
I know it's lithium and The price is there, 152k for 120ah, the good tins is that it come with charger and a bag pack, I can directly charge the battery it has a charging port
Jefferyzz:
Hope u no that battery will cost u 250k if ure buying from AliExpress. And that inverter is 12v. U can't use 1hp inverter AC on it talkless of 1.5hp. n for d inverter.. that 5000w is not d actual power rating. Probably d surge rating or so. It cant do more Dan 1000w/1.5kw continuous draw. If u want lithium battery. It's best u buy them here in Nigeria.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
Lol. U dey follow AliExpress price. Check the currency to dollar inside settings. Anything u see, use 750 to multiple it. Nah 440/$ AliExpress dey use.
osayuwamwen:
I know it's lithium and The price is there, 152k for 120ah, the good tins is that it come with charger and a bag pack, I can directly charge the battery it has a charging port

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jefferyzz:
Lol. U dey follow AliExpress price. Check the currency to dollar inside settings. Anything u see, use 750 to multiple it. Nah 440/$ AliExpress dey use.

Klasha is now ₦755/$ cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
ojeysky:

Sonoff still available for sale 8500 per unit

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:56am On Feb 19, 2023
At the risk of ruffling feathers, the Victron implementation of energy storage systems, bidirectional energy flow and systems control is far superior to Schneider's

Schneider do make fairly robust kit but their understanding of certain elements can appear backward at times e.g

1) An AGS (automatic gen start) powered off the Schneider 'XanBus' network will go offline in case of inverter failure or battery LVD - the inverter provides power to the XanBus network.

So imagine a situation where inverter goes off and Gen cannot be called to start because the device that is responsible to start the Gen is powered from inverter.

Victron world, the GX device is powered off battery and has internal circuitry sufficient to lock closed/opened the Gen start relay even if you disconnect the power source - this ensures that the Gen can start gracefully one-time in case of inverter or even battery failure - pragmatic beauty in there

2) Victron ESS can identify the Generator connection separately from the Mains (PHCN) and open a relay inside the inverter to prevent Gen backfeed. The only action needed is designate which input on the inverter is Mains and which input is Gen (setting made on the GX device)

Schneider you must incorporate an external relay that disconnects the PV when Gen is on as there is no inbox backfeed prevention. This is a feature that a software update should have solved by now if you had capable hardware.

To your specific question, Victron throttling the Generator production in the presence of AC PV from the Fronius is a result of suboptimal settings or non kosher install.

On the GX device you must designate properly whether AC In 1 is Grid or Generator and ditto for AC In 2, you must also supply the inverter with power from Mains and Generator directly to each corresponding AC Input - the system will then start the Gen when needed and load/flog it correctly.

In the setup you described, there was probably a traditional ATS that switches Mains and Gen through a common output - we encounter this all the time in the field and either run out wires directly from the ATS to provide Mains and Gen separately to the inverter or employ a suitable contactor that switches the common ATS supply to Generator or Mains port of the inverter as appropriate.

Trippledots:

You are well learned in this stuff.....about that bolded, how come the fronius- victron, ac coupled system I have seen has gen output throttled down as fronius output increases above the victron ac load+battery charging load? Is this particular with this connext system only?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2023
Please, which 1.2kva 12V or 1.5kva 12V pure sine wave inverter is recommended to be the best that is not so expensive and is save with all gadget, a modified sine wave once spoilt my smart tv before, I can’t afford that again. Possibly with automatic switch over function, suggestion pls, someone once mentioned mopower to me, kindly give me the best house please
Note: my Battery is lithium
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:24am On Feb 21, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,000 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winner estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aniplus: 11:06am On Feb 21, 2023
Good day Guys.
Please where can I get external charger for Lithium batteries??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by stuffs2002: 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
Good morning gurus in the house,

I have six 250W solar panels connected in series/parallel to a PWM charge controller as shown in the top diagram.

I got an 80A MPPT charge controller but I intend to have the six solar panels connected in series so as to maximize the output of the solar panels.

The parameters of the MPPT charge controller are as follows:
12V 24V 36V 48V 60V 72V 96V 80A MPPT

PV maximum open circuit input voltage = 0-230V

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
stuffs2002:

I have six 250W solar panels connected in series/parallel to a PWM charge controller as shown in the top diagram.

I got an MPPT charge controller but I intend to have the six solar panels connected in series so as to maximize the output of the solar panels.
What is the voc of each panel, make of mppt charge controller and the data sheet, you have to make sure that you are not exceeding the maximum voltage the charge controller can take. Left to me, you previous connection of the panels in 3s2p according to your diagram is okay for a 24v connection unless your new charge controller is the one with high voc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
stuffs2002:

I got an MPPT charge controller but I intend to have the six solar panels connected in series so as to maximize the output of the solar panels.

If the panels are same voltage, then I would suggest u stick to ur initial pwm settings for better optimization on the mppt controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by stuffs2002: 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2023
Penuelseun:
What is the voc of each panel, make of mppt charge controller and the data sheet, you have to make sure that you are not exceeding the maximum voltage the charge controller can take. Left to me, you previous connection of the panels in 3s2p according to your diagram is okay for a 24v connection unless your new charge controller is the one with high voc.

PV maximum open circuit input voltage of the MPPT is 0-230v

It's been 3 years since first installation and I cant remember the solar panel voc

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
stuffs2002:

PV maximum open circuit input voltage of the MPPT is 0-230v

It's been 3 years since first installation and I cant remember the solar panel voc
Get a multimeter and measure the panels to be sure of their voltage
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Whytehandy: 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
Good afternoon house, please I need a recommendation for a good 5KVA 24V smart hybrid inverter with low self-consumption (preferably wallmount type) with lithium charging capacity that I can use for my 1.5Hp inverter AC, fridge, freezer and other basic load like TV, fan and light.

A friend has already helped me to build a 230ah24V lithium battery bank and am also planning to buy at least 2400W solar panels.

I beg help me with the right choice of inverter as I am confused on what to go for. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2023
Whytehandy:
Good afternoon house, please I need a recommendation for a good 5KVA 24V smart hybrid inverter with low self-consumption (preferably wallmount type) with lithium charging capacity that I can use for my 1.5Hp inverter AC, fridge, freezer and other basic load like TV, fan and light.

A friend has already helped me to build a 230ah24V lithium battery bank and am also planning to buy at least 2400W solar panels.

I beg help me with the right choice of inverter as I am confused on what to go for. Thanks and God bless.

Do you mind sharing the amount it cost to build such?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
Whytehandy:

You may go for Felicity IVPM5024.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Whytehandy: 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
TechGeek777:

Do you mind sharing the amount it cost to build such?

Roughly about #800,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Whytehandy: 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2023
Dam5reey:

Thank you very much.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
Comparison between the solar generation on pip hybrid vs KID
Am surprised the SCC on the pip could keep up with the Midnite classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXlbMpIl2Fw
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Privatejet: 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
mrmachine:
He is a goto man. I have done many business transactions with him. He is dope and doesn't fail

Please which is better between Canadian used and brand new solar panel

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mrmachine: 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
I prefer a new panel to a used one . Panels don't appreciate but depreciate with use. But some unknown brands are not as yielding and efficient even if they are new as already used premium brands. One just have to weigh the two and make informed decision. Also some of imported used claimed premium brands are not; most often than not the stickers have been tampered
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
Privatejet:

Please which is better between Canadian used and brand new solar panel
any used panels with Canadian solar and jinko stickers are fake.
buy brand new original yingli or jinko.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:55am On Feb 22, 2023
Whytehandy:

Roughly about #800,000

Thanks, care sharing the contact?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:01am On Feb 22, 2023
Dam5reey:

Please do you have idea of what the "No Load Consumption" will be on this IVPM5048 & IVPS5048?

Users with first hand experience please your input is needed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gr8teejay: 5:41am On Feb 22, 2023
Good morning geniuses in the house. Please is it recommend to leave a battery charging through solar and travel for a month or to disconnect and go?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:15am On Feb 22, 2023
Valto:
any used panels with Canadian solar and jinko stickers are fake.
buy brand new original yingli or jinko.

I concur. Hard to see the original used sold in the open market. You can always see it when someone decommissioned one. Most Canadian solar panels sold as used are merely stickers of Canadian solar pasted on subpar used Chinese panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:14am On Feb 22, 2023
TechGeek777:

Please do you have idea of what the "No Load Consumption" will be on this IVPM5048 & IVPS5048?

Users with first hand experience please your input is needed.

I know IVPS1512 has 10w Noload, I don't know about the higher models

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Donsco(m), S007, Ferdiwar, sharks776(m), Billygent, saint2ace(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.