Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2074574 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) ... (1699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 5:43am On Feb 24, 2023
1. Yes. Ur inverter AC charge is 40a sheybi. That means a 3kva stab is recommended.
2. Yes. 3s2p will do
TechGeek777:

1. Yes, I want the stab to be in-between the nepa and the inverter(standalone felicity).

2. It's felicity 100A cc(FL-SCCM10048), voc 190, vdc 170.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ajanidokun: 6:00am On Feb 24, 2023
1kva inverter system for sale

1kw 12v must hybrid inverter (PV18-1012VPM)
- 50Amps inbuilt MPPT
- 20amps max AC charging
- lithium charging profile
-manual is available

12V 200AH LifePO4 battery
-100A BMS
-coupled by Pelton batteries
- still under warranty

Solar Panels
-260watt Bestcom solar panel (2pcs, bought brand new)

Others
6mm wires and breaker

Cons... The switch on the side of the inverter does not turn off the inverter completely, instead the battery breaker is used to turn off the system.

Price - 420k

Optional
1pcs Qasa AC/DC fan --15k

WhatsApp: 080-52-SixFive-1572

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:00am On Feb 24, 2023
Jefferyzz:
1. Yes. Ur inverter AC charge is 40a sheybi. That means a 3kva stab is recommended.
2. Yes. 3s2p will do
3kva stab will be too small for a 5kva inverter setup if you consider that the inverter has household loads on it while it will be charging the battery as well
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:40am On Feb 24, 2023
Jefferyzz:
2. Yes. 3s2p will do
Cc techgeek77

@ stabilizer, it depends on the grid voltage supplied by phcn in your area, if above 180v a 5kva stabilizer wud suffice, if below 140v you need a 10/15kva central stab.

The above applies for a 48v inverter.
If yours is 24v, a 5kva inverter would serve ok even at 150v grid supply

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:32am On Feb 24, 2023
U dey use the inverter capacity judge the AC charger. Some hybrid 5kva av seen don't draw more than 40a to charge the battery. N that's 2kwh. 5kva will b a waste of cash.
Penuelseun:
3kva stab will be too small for a 5kva inverter setup if you consider that the inverter has household loads on it while it will be charging the battery as well

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:30am On Feb 24, 2023
Jefferyzz:
2. Yes. 3s2p will do

Thanks.

It's 50A I saw.

How does one calculate or determine the stab to use, is it 50A * battery voltage 48 Or 50 * Ac Voltage 220?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:37am On Feb 24, 2023
earthrealm:

Cc techgeek77

@ stabilizer, it depends on the grid voltage supplied by phcn in your area, if above 180v a 5kva stabilizer wud suffice, if below 140v you need a 10/15kva central stab.

The above applies for a 48v inverter.
If yours is 24v, a 5kva inverter would serve ok even at 150v grid supply

Sometimes the grid volt input is 120 - 180v, but the stab would output/boost it to 200 - 230v, thereby making it to power the appliances that needed high volt for it to work well.

It's 5kva Century stab, less than 2 yrs. Can this be used together with the 5kva inverter 48v?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IDYLLICTEC: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2023
Reach out to Idyllic Technologies for Premium Power Backup Systems, Equipments, and Accessories. We're just a call away or Pay us a visit @ 7 Kudirat Abiola Way Oregun Ikeja.........

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
Jefferyzz:
U dey use the inverter capacity judge the AC charger. Some hybrid 5kva av seen don't draw more than 40a to charge the battery. N that's 2kwh. 5kva will b a waste of cash.

U forget to factor in grid voltage,
My mighty 15kva servo central stabilizer derates to abt 3kva if grid drops to 110v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
dicksonadams:
hi guys, please I need the following used items, due to finance reason I can't buy new

used Charge Controller Mppt 20 to 30a
used solar panel
used inverter

my number on whatsap

08034288798pleaas

I beg

If you still need this, holla.

I have one Powmr 60a MPPT CC i dont use aagain, but it still works. I also have 3 broken poly Jinko panels i am yet to install. I may consider selling one to you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by topsy23: 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2023

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tunetokheyno(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
Please I have a 1.5kva setup (2 wet cell battery and 1.5kva inverter) I am considering upgrading to solar, yet all the people I've spoken to are still quoting very high prices for me. I paid for my setup 260k last year and I don't want to spend too much, I need your advise.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
It depends on d battery ure using as different batteries av different charging profile. but for 50a. U will need 5kva. As ur AC charger will b charging with 50a*56 or 57v which is above what 3kva can handle or u can tune d AC charger down to 40a if u wish to use 3kva stab
TechGeek777:

Thanks.

It's 50A I saw.

How does one calculate or determine the stab to use, is it 50A * battery voltage 48 Or 50 * Ac Voltage 220?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
odimbannamdi:

If you still need this, holla.

I have one Powmr 60a MPPT CC i dont use aagain, but it still works. I also have 3 broken poly Jinko panels i am yet to install. I may consider selling one to you
hello chief i am interested, here is my number 08034288798pleaas, chat or call me. or drop a number let me call
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2023
Maybe ur side sha. Nepa here dey pass 230v at times.
earthrealm:

U forget to factor in grid voltage,
My mighty 15kva servo central stabilizer derates to abt 3kva if grid drops to 110v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
dicksonadams:

hello chief i am interested, here is my number 08034288798pleaas, chat or call me. or drop a number let me call

Check my status for my numver, bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
Jefferyzz:
Maybe ur side sha. Nepa here dey pass 230v at times.

YOU miss the point...

are you giving advice to yourself or someone that lives in your hood?.

you should give advice that is al encompassing for possible scenarios the average user would encounter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ok
earthrealm:

YOU miss the point...

are you giving advice to yourself or someone that lives in your hood?.

you should give advice that is al encompassing for possible scenarios the average user would encounter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
I finally installed my very first set of PVs today!

Thanks to everyone I have consulted and those who shared their knowledge freely here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lol. If he were home for that period, how would he manually prevent the lightning damage? grin

gadgetplanetng:

With what lightening did to me recently, please disconnect

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
...1) An AGS (automatic gen start) powered off the Schneider 'XanBus' network will go offline in case of inverter failure or battery LVD - the inverter provides power to the XanBus network.

So imagine a situation where inverter goes off and Gen cannot be called to start because the device that is responsible to start the Gen is powered from inverter.

From experience, this has its drawback too though because, I have had Victron trip off on a phony overload error, and this happened at an odd hour and the inverters were not really being used..... Battery went down, Venus called for gen meanwhile the inverters were out. The gen ended up running for hours just wasting diesel till it was observed and the issue was resolved. I know that an alarm notification properly set up helps mitigate such anyways.

To your specific question, Victron throttling the Generator production in the presence of AC PV from the Fronius is a result of suboptimal settings or non kosher install.

On the GX device you must designate properly whether AC In 1 is Grid or Generator and ditto for AC In 2, you must also supply the inverter with power from Mains and Generator directly to each corresponding AC Input - the system will then start the Gen when needed and load/flog it correctly.

In the setup you described, there was probably a traditional ATS that switches Mains and Gen through a common output - we encounter this all the time in the field and either run out wires directly from the ATS to provide Mains and Gen separately to the inverter or employ a suitable contactor that switches the common ATS supply to Generator or Mains port of the inverter as appropriate.

The settings were actually done properly and all ACin inputs tagged appropriately in venus o, also cables supplying ACin 1 & ACin2 are direct from source no ATS in-between.. The dynamic reduction from the gen as Fronius harvest increased is actually a good feature as it helps to reduce diesel consumption overall. I just needed your explanation as to why that attenuation occurs.

Thanks boss for your inputs.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
Whytehandy:
Good afternoon house, please I need a recommendation for a good 5KVA 24V smart hybrid inverter with low self-consumption (preferably wallmount type) with lithium charging capacity that I can use for my 1.5Hp inverter AC, fridge, freezer and other basic load like TV, fan and light.

A friend has already helped me to build a 230ah24V lithium battery bank and am also planning to buy at least 2400W solar panels.

I beg help me with the right choice of inverter as I am confused on what to go for. Thanks and God bless.

370w original Jinko panel available...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ajanidokun:
1kva inverter system for sale

1kw 12v must hybrid inverter (PV18-1012VPM)
- 50Amps inbuilt MPPT
- 20amps max AC charging
- lithium charging profile
-manual is available

12V 200AH LifePO4 battery
-100A BMS
-coupled by Pelton batteries
- still under warranty

Solar Panels
-260watt Bestcom solar panel (2pcs, bought brand new)

Others
6mm wires and breaker

Cons... The switch on the side of the inverter does not turn off the inverter completely, instead the battery breaker is used to turn off the system.

Price - 420k

Optional
1pcs Qasa AC/DC fan --15k

WhatsApp: 080-52-SixFive-1572

fan pix please? and location
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 12:35am On Feb 25, 2023
litaninja:
Lol. If he were home for that period, how would he manually prevent the lightning damage? grin

My inverter manual (TV also) says disconnect from the wall in a storm.

I turn off the circuit breaker for the solar and AC charging when there's a storm.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2023
tunetokheyno:
Please I have a 1.5kva setup (2 wet cell battery and 1.5kva inverter) I am considering upgrading to solar, yet all the people I've spoken to are still quoting very high prices for me. I paid for my setup 260k last year and I don't want to spend too much, I need your advise.

Which inverter are you using?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2023
I hear you boss but I am not sure I agree. I say often that because something appears to 'work' does not mean it is/has been done correctly.

The Victron ESS and PV inverter assistant algorithms are designed to prioritise use of solar first then battery (if self consumption is desired) then Grid and lastly Generator.

In the presence of PV the system will throttle Grid usage to the minimum possible based on current system state and settings (Grid Set Point), if the system starts a Generator and Generator power provided on a correctly designated AC input then the system will flog the Generator for the max input current limit.

Consider that Diesel Gens save diesel consumption within specific loading bands, it is incorrect to assume that the inverter algorithm will automatically throttle Generator load demand into the next possible lower consumption band except somebody took the pain to implement an external control loop to this effect (which control loop is not a trivial undertaking). The inverter simply has no knowledge of the Gen capacity or diesel consumption saving band except for the input current limit set for the AC input the Gen is connected to. This setting is targeted to not overload the Gen and does not contemplate running the Gen 'efficiently'

Trippledots:

The settings were actually done properly and all ACin inputs tagged appropriately in venus o, also cables supplying ACin 1 & ACin2 are direct from source no ATS in-between.. The dynamic reduction from the gen as Fronius harvest increased is actually a good feature as it helps to reduce diesel consumption overall. I just needed your explanation as to why that attenuation occurs.

Thanks boss for your inputs.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2023
Indeed physically isolating a device from the wall socket or disconnecting the energy source should save it from lightning surge induced damage.

Be aware that opening a PV breaker or any other breaker will not help protect against a surge, a decent surge will jump right across the space between the contacts and do its evil work. When a breaker trips upon impact from lightning induced surge, the surge current already passed through well before the breaker could respond.

You either invest in sufficient lightning protection or physically totally disconnect the device e.g remove both PV cables from CC when a storm is impending

gadgetplanetng:

My inverter manual (TV also) says disconnect from the wall in a storm.

I turn off the circuit breaker for the solar and AC charging when there's a storm.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 3:53am On Feb 26, 2023
@gadgetplanetng

This is where I was hoping we'd land grin

NiyiOmoIyunade:

invest in sufficient lightning protection

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 5:41am On Feb 26, 2023
litaninja:
@gadgetplanetng

This is where I was hoping we'd land grin

At the installation where I had to replace the inverter and panels just last month, installer claimed it was sufficiently protected (there's no way I know of to test till it's too late)

There's a big quality/standards issue in our country.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 5:43am On Feb 26, 2023
Thanks a lot for this

NiyiOmoIyunade:

Be aware that opening a PV breaker or any other breaker will not help protect against a surge, a decent surge will jump right across the space between the contacts and do its evil work. When a breaker trips upon impact from lightning induced surge, the surge current already passed through well before the breaker could respond.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 7:51am On Feb 26, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Indeed physically isolating a device from the wall socket or disconnecting the energy source should save it from lightning surge induced damage.

You either invest in sufficient lightning protection or physically totally disconnect the device e.g remove both PV cables from CC when a storm is impending

Does this mean that surge can pass through a breaker even if it was switched off before a storm?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2023
Most definitely yes.

Consider that lightning is poweful enough to cross from cloud to object on earth passing through thin air (the air becomes an electrical conductor at such energy levels). Ditto the induced surge in your home wiring can easily arc/jump across the tiny air gap when your breaker contacts are open.

Safe electrical isolators give sufficient space clearance and also sometimes use an insulation barrier to ensure the contacts are truly open. An average home use breaker is not a safe electrical isolator.

oloet:

Does this mean that surge can pass through a breaker even if it was switched off before a storm?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) ... (1699) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: xclusive43(m), alosbaba007(m), Buchika, OtunbaLeXuS(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.