Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2072693 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
viperVIP:
Please who has this EY800W for sale?

hahaha, the thing don enter your eye abi, after the test results i uploaded?. its a very handy tool. bought mine direct from china. search on jiji i saw some there, though slightly more expensive
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
TechGeek777:

I read it bro, he said No Grade A when he bought at that time, he also said there's no grade A anywhere that we can argue till they kingdom come, that all new cells in the market are Grade B & C.

I believe experts here who have actually purchased from you will be in better position to counter Martin's claim of unavailability of grade A cell (i.e if yours is grade A or B).

why rely on the random opinion/post of someone , especially a someone who is biased or has vested interest??.

the proper thing to do in situations like this is to use the same internet you used in making this post to google and clear your doubts...the josguy is fond of saying some untruths..as if he is an authority on lithium cell chemistry., forgetting this is the 21st century, we all have access to internet and various online forums

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2023
grin grin grin walaiii.
Talked to a vendor on jiji
Said 50k for this 800w
38k for 400w on konga.

Can't wait for Monday to grab it cool

earthrealm:

hahaha, the thing don enter your eye abi, after the test results i uploaded?. its a very handy tool. bought mine direct from china. search on jiji i saw some there, though slightly more expensive
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
access to information

earthrealm:

why rely on the random opinion/post of someone , especially a someone who is biased or has vested interest??.

the proper thing to do in situations like this is to use the same internet you used in making this post to google and clear your doubts...the josguy is fond of saying some untruths..as if he is an authority on lithium cell chemistry., forgetting this is the 20th century, we all have access to internet and various online forums
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by princely009: 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hello house. Good afternoon.

I have noticed that my 24V flooded (Matrix) batteries don not get charged up to the manufacturer's recommended 29V. The max voltage i have seen on bulk/absorption stage is 28.4V while float voltage is 27.2V instead of the recommended 27.6V on the battery manual.

Pls note that my charge controller( Fangpusun 150/60D) has user customizable settings which i have changed to the manufacturer's recommended settings but i am still not getting above 28.4v and 27.2v for absorption and float respectively.

I read on here that not charging flooded batteries up to between 28.8 to 29v ( for 24v system) will shorten the battery life hence my worries.
Pls any help with anyone with experience with my type of charge controller will be highly appreciated.

PS: My system is barely 2 months old and am not connected to the grid. So i charge only with solar.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
Pls how many solar panels is enough to convinenty charge two 220ah battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Pls how many solar panels is enough to convinenty charge two 220ah battery
depending on your regular overnight DOD and daytime loads, 4pcs of 450w panels is a good start.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 7:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
My total usage at night won't exceed 300watts, but will be using it during day time for an inverter refrigerator of 150watt and a semi automatic washing machine (wash 360watt and spin of 260watts) though both won't run simultaneously, the washing machine is only going to be use during weekends
Valto:
depending on your regular overnight DOD and daytime loads, 4pcs of 450w panels is a good start.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
viperVIP:
Please who has this EY800W for sale?

Bought mine from AliExpress before the banks went crazy on dollars.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
osayuwamwen:
My total usage at night won't exceed 300watts, but will be using it during day time for an inverter refrigerator of 150watt and a semi automatic washing machine (wash 360watt and spin of 260watts) though both won't run simultaneously, the washing machine is only going to be use during weekends
start with 4pcs original 450w panels. go for jinko or yingli

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
Ok tanks, pls can i drain a 220ah tabular battery more than 50% of its capacity?
Valto:
start with 4pcs original 450w panels. go for jinko or yingli
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
TechGeek777:

This is wonderful, Felicity should be apologized to for the constant bashing they received here for selling grade B.

So all the Grade A real capacity constantly advertised here are not actually grade A.

Nigerians should take it easy, people struggle to feed family, save money at same time just to have steady power supply, only for some greedy persons to deceive them because they know not much about the products.

We are indeed in a perilous time.

Thanks @viperVIP for this eye opener!

Felicity not only sells grade b they also sell lower capacity cells. There's a tear down video of their 10kw 48v on YouTube and the cells were about 16s 86ah instead of 100ah so they should be blamed

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by contease(m): 1:44am On Mar 19, 2023
For those who have been following and supportive through this journey, "The prof"@GeorgeD1, one of the "Techiest"@Niyi, and everyone, thank you so much guys. Even though it's been slow but determined, Finally am up and running with my 4 x 600w Pv (paired as 2S2P), though with 80amp cc and a 2.4kva, 2x230Ah battery...

All planning, accessories purchase, design, fabrication, mounting, installation, connection etc, all proudly done by me with the supports and ideas gotten here!

Can't appreciate you guys enough for the heads ups!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 6:24am On Mar 19, 2023
futurenix:

Depends on choice though a separate charge controller will mean if anything goes wrong in the inverter the CC will still be in operation.
Inbuilt is cheaper as no extra casing is needed, some can take very high input voltage from the panel and requires lesser cable connections

Please can you recommend a good hybrid
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 8:10am On Mar 19, 2023
dicksonadams:

Please can you recommend a good hybrid

My brother, the definition good inverter to me is relative to usage and certain other factors. There are people who have used cheap hybrid inverters for over 4 years and running no issues. There are also those who have used the moderate or expensive models and it developed issues within a year or 2.
If you have a strong pocket get the Deye.
If your instantaneous load is not upto 1KW, u can get the (one inverter) I posted up there.
The MUST is good as at 3 years ago when I bought some but can't say for now.

Majority of hybrid inverters especially from china are built almost the same, more like same primary production factory (about 2 or 3) but customised casing as requested by the various secondary factories.

For me, I just get the inverter and one for backup, so if any issues I switch to the backup while repairing the damaged one. There are good technicians now on these stuffs that maybe would not warrant board replacement.
There is no joy seeing your panels on a sunny day but no inverter to do justice to it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Apologies for late response, bro.

No, you don't need to disconnect anything at all. Most stand-alone chargers come with an alligator clip, so you will just clip it on your battery terminals very easily. Even madam can clip it in your absence... cheesy

From my experience, both the inverter and standalone charger can charge your batteries at the same time. But you have to ensure you the charging amps from both devices don't exceed the recommended max charging Amps of your batteries. Thankfully, most chargers feature a knob through which you can set the charging amps pushed into the batteries.

When both devices are used in charging your batteries, your batteries charge faster up until when the inverter indicates battery full (usually around 13.0v for a 12v connection), then the voltage of the batteries climbs a little slower as only the charger will continue the charging till your battery gets full and floats.

Thank you very much.

But how do I know the charging amp for the batteries.

I read somewhere it should charge up to 14.4v for one of the batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 9:13am On Mar 19, 2023
futurenix:

Depends on choice though a separate charge controller will mean if anything goes wrong in the inverter the CC will still be in operation.
Inbuilt is cheaper as no extra casing is needed, some can take very high input voltage from the panel and requires lesser cable connections

Very high voltage which is a good right?

Lesser cable on length or in size
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:23am On Mar 19, 2023
temi4fash:

Thank you very much.

But how do I know the charging amp for the batteries.

I read somewhere it should charge up to 14.4v for one of the batteries.

It is usually written on the body of your battery or stated in the spec sheet. Mine is 32A for a 160ah FAT fullriver battery. So, when charging one unit of this battery, I will want to ensure that the combined charge current from the charging source(s) does not exceed 32A. I don't know whether this rate would remain the same or double for a parallel or series connections, respectively. Perhaps more experienced folks here can advise.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2023
odimbannamdi:

It is usually written on the body of your battery or stated in the spec sheet. Mine is 32A for a 160ah FAT fullriver battery. So, when charging one unit of this battery, I will want to ensure that the combined charge current from the charging source(s) does not exceed 32A. I don't know whether this rate would remain the same or double for a parallel or series connections, respectively. Perhaps more experienced folks here can advise.

Mine do have it written on the body.

Icell battery but I would double check.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2023
temi4fash:

Mine do have it written on the body.

Icell battery but I would double check.

Yes, it should. Check and share pics so that we fan advise further. Also confirm the charge rating of your inverter as well.

Meanwhile, how is the inverter charging holding up? Did you get any respite when you disconnected and reconnected as earlier advised?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Yes, it should. Check and share pics so that we fan advise further. Also confirm the charge rating of your inverter as well.

Meanwhile, how is the inverter charging holding up? Did you get any respite when you disconnected and reconnected as earlier advised?

Had to repair it...

An uncle helped take it to arena oshodi to fix it.

So I want to get an external charger to help support the inverter.

Am saving up for Solar too, it's not easy oo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2023
temi4fash:

Had to repair it...

An uncle helped take it to arena oshodi to fix it.

So I want to get an external charger to help support the inverter.

Am saving up for Solar too, it's not easy oo

I feel you, bro. Life hard naturally. But life in Nigeria is exceptionally hard. Just take comfort in the several months of convenience you have enjoyed from your system and future benefits you will get as well. It cannot be compared with the wahala of running generator.

Reach out to me to share the contact of the man that sells the charger in Mushin at a good price. I bought it last for 18k or so. The price should still hover around that

It is also a very good idea to go solar. With properly sized and positioned panels and a good charge controller as well, your batteries would begin charging as early as 6:45 - 7am, once the faintest ray of sunlight emerges.

Dont wait till you have all the money to go solar. Start buying the components gradually because their prices are on steroids and yeasts - they rise everyday! 6mm3 cable wey I buy 900/yard last year, i nearly got a heart attack when they quoted 1,600/yard in Arena a few weeks back. And you will need several yards.

You can reach me also for a budget but effective MPPT controller that comes with a complementary DC breaker

Cheers bro!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TCD: 10:59am On Mar 19, 2023
Valto:
nawaoo, did u even read or understand what was written on the chats at all? that a seller in Nigeria is trying to justify why he imports cheap cells without qr codes., he is trying to justify why he goes for cheaper disassembled cells and u are here applauding him for opening your eyes cheesy
there is grade A cells bro, don't fall for his write up. until he starts importing EVE, LISHEN, REPT, CATL cells like 280ah/230ah/160ah/105ah cells that comes with proper verifiable QR codes, not cheap disassembled catl, Calb and other unknown brands he is known for.
real grade A cells doesn't come cheap. and not a fast sell, reason most, if not all lithuim company in naija use grade b cells or better still overstate capacity in order to sell off fast. nothing goes for nothing. what pay for, is what u will surely get. u can't pay 1.3m and expect to get Grade A cells real capacity 48v 10kwh lithium bank.

Hello. How much can i get grade A 48v 5kwh lithium battery bank
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
TCD:

Hello. How much can i get grade A 48v 5kwh lithium battery bank
only 24v 280ah available for now.. 48v will be available soon.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Valto:
only 24v 280ah available for now.. 48v will be available soon.

Kindly notify us when 100ah/105ah is available for 48v system.

May I know when this will likely be available?

Also, how much should I/we budget for 100ah/105ah 48v system?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sunnystooth(m): 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
I got this 24V 2.5KVA Afriipower inverter late January, about a week ago, I changed over to use Public power while I was only charging the batteries with the inverter and charge controller via the panels. Immediately they took away public power, the inverter started showing "short circuit, system shutdown"... It refused to power anything after that... I thought it was the fused that got blown, but the fuses are good... Tested them with multimeter and even replaced them with the spare that came with the product... Still the inverter refused to power anything.

I feel sad.

Please is there a better but cheaper brand of inverter of same spec I should go for?

Also, would taking this one for fixing be cost effective than buying a new and different brand inverter?

I bought the inverter 140k and it's bad barely two months.... Not like it was even connected to the load in the house when the incident happened.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
contease:
For those who have been following and supportive through this journey, "The prof"@GeorgeD1, one of the "Techiest"@Niyi, and everyone, thank you so much guys. Even though it's been slow but determined, Finally am up and running with my 4 x 600w Pv (paired as 2S2P), though with 80amp cc and a 2.4kva, 2x230Ah battery...

All planning, accessories purchase, design, fabrication, mounting, installation, connection etc, all proudly done by me with the supports and ideas gotten here!

Enjoy, this thing is addictive!

You are sooner than later going to increase capacity!!

Well done!!!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
TechGeek777:

Kindly notify us when 100ah/105ah is available for 48v system.
brand new grade A EVE 160ah with authentic intact QR code will be available soon.

May I know when this will likely be available
2 or 3weeks time

Also, how much should I/we budget for 100ah/105ah 48v system?
will be calculated when available.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chizo11: 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
Barely used
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
Valto:
brand new grade A EVE 160ah with authentic intact QR code will be available soon.

2 or 3weeks time

will be calculated when available.

Noted bro. What about the arrival of "100ah/105ah" any time frame?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
contease:

Baba congrats! smiley
We dey your back. Carry go.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
[quote author=TechGeek777 post=121890622]

Noted bro. What about the arrival of "100ah/105ah" any time frame?[/quote)] not soon, 100/105ah not really that ideal for a 48v system.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Ealiserwest(m), Trippledots(m), Whytehandy, dragnet, Valentinooo, cybaj09

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.