Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056788 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
Prince3030:
Please is there any ready made power box with solar that can carry a load of 250watt for atleast 6 hours? Anyone has an idea?

Not cheap. Check the attached screenshot from Jumia

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2023
mctfopt:

Not cheap. Check the attached screenshot from Jumia

Omo!!! 😹
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:54pm On Aug 20, 2023
Sukam falcon 1kva/12v pure sine wave inverter - 100k

Mpower 1.1kva/12v pure sine wave inverter - 105k

Afripower 1.7kva/24v pure sine wave inverter - 145k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CooldipoMPS: 3:14am On Aug 21, 2023
Do you need portable power solution like a powerbank for Laptop complete with an adapter? Cooldipo range of MPS got you covered;reach out to us on Whatsapp via +2348065316307.

You will be impressed!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 6:24am On Aug 21, 2023
dollarnaira:

Both have pros and cons.
Both will perform great but desktop will perform better under certain high task.

Hybrids and stand alones are great technology and will perform well. Hybrid is like akara inside bread ( sandwich) while standalone is like akara(bean cake) separated from bread. Both will be chewed and swallowed and end up in the same belly.

So there is no change in technology btw hybrids and standalones.

Lol. You are living in the past! Technology is not about having many devices to perform single task!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 6:59am On Aug 21, 2023
dollarnaira:

Price will reflect in the product bro.
1. How do you tell if the inbuilt cc is not a glorified pwm?

2. 2 wires go to battery in hybrid.
4 wires go to battery in standalone. What now makes it complex?

1. Then the manufacturing company is risking their business. Make den continue cheesy

2. You are expert nah. You already know all these things. What about people who don't know jack about electricals? Ordinary wall socket or bulb holder socket they cannot replace. You will not be the only one to be using the system. If you are away from it from a while and something falls out of place, the other people using it will have no idea what is wrong, even if it is a simple stuff as breaker cutting power in event of overload, or item plugged is short circuited, they can't know how to turn it back on. So the less wires, the better... Not for you, but for others who know nothing about electricity
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2023
Dam5reey:

Lol. You are living in the past! Technology is not about having many devices to perform single task!

Am enjoying the past bro.
grin grin
Stick to what works for you.
Adv and disadv are norms to all tech.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2023
dollarnaira:

Am enjoying the past bro.
grin grin
Stick to what works for you.
Adv and disadv are norms to all tech.

Lol, Pentium 1 PCs still works, stick with it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:10am On Aug 21, 2023
oweniwe:

1. Then the manufacturing company is risking their business. Make den continue cheesy

2. You are expert nah. You already know all these things. What about people who don't know jack about electricals? Ordinary wall socket or bulb holder socket they cannot replace. You will not be the only one to be using the system. If you are away from it from a while and something falls out of place, the other people using it will have no idea what is wrong, even if it is a simple stuff as breaker cutting power in event of overload, or item plugged is short circuited, they can't know how to turn it back on. So the less wires, the better... Not for you, but for others who know nothing about electricity
Nice talk bro.
Point made clear.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2023
Dam5reey:

Lol, Pentium 1 PCs still works, stick with it.

But u know we are not talking about computers. They were only used as comparison. Hope you know?
Enjoy your day bro.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2023
dollarnaira:

But u know we are not talking about computers. They were only used as comparison. Hope you know?
Enjoy your day bro.

You missed it, I didn't quote the person regarding Hybrid either.. read my Quote again.. he prefer Desktop that allows him to remove Hard disk.. and Ram.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2023
Dam5reey:

You missed it, I didn't quote the person regarding Hybrid either.. read my Quote again.. he prefer Desktop that allows him to remove Hard disk.. and Ram.

No wahala
I don check am.

But na hybrids vs standalone dey my mind.
No vex
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by erniok(m): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2023
CooldipoMPS:
Do you need portable power solution like a powerbank for Laptop complete with an adapter? Cooldipo range of MPS got you covered;reach out to us on Whatsapp via +2348065316307.

You will be impressed!
Stating the price will make prospective clients either call or budget for it.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
Thank you valto for this 12v200ah lipo4
For those who are sceptical, it was delivered to Abk this morning.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AshipaEk0: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
bassdow:

my suggestion remains that for most newbies, they should focus on non-Lithium based batteries. If they have the money, going for average to high end Wet cell batteries should be more than enough for them. Till at least they really get to such stage when they would require something much different. and before then, they swould have learnt a couple of things along the way

This is very bad advice.

so bad i don't know if you are being malicious.

You think a newbie that doesn't know much should buy expensive wet cell battery that they need to nurse, maintain charge, limit discharge, top off and balance monthly and thats better than buying Lithium packs that they can literally install and forget, discharge deeply and will have a longer life span.

Especially considering how the market is flooded with cfakes and rebadged batteries, and their lifespan outside of strict management

because they will have 'learnt something' along the way. learn something by throwing away 300k plus on batteries

which thing precisely are they learning? learning when they can avoid the pitfalls and hardships? in this 2023?

Haba na.

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Prince3030: 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
Please who can give me a quote for 1kva inverter with solar
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2023
Drgreatone:
Thank you valto for this 12v200ah lipo4
For those who are sceptical, it was delivered to Abk this morning.

Abeokuta or Abraka? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Queed: 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2023
Prince3030:
Please is there any ready made power box with solar that can carry a load of 250watt for atleast 6 hours? Anyone has an idea?

What kind of load is the 250W? AC or DC? If AC, would it tolerate MSW? You mentioned solar, is the 6hrs time during the day or at night.. or you just need it to work at least once a day for 6hrs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Prince3030: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
Queed:

What kind of load is the 250W? AC or DC? If AC, would it tolerate MSW? You mentioned solar, is the 6hrs time during the day or at night.. or you just need it to work at least once a day for 6hrs

Laptop and monitor
Six hours during the day
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
Re-introducing the 3000W EASun Pure Sine Wave inverter (12V/24V)

Price: 66,000

Customer review attached

Youtube link video shows the inverter powering an inductive electric cooker, pressing iron, microwave, washing machine, deep freezer, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgbL4Lw_Bw

Key Features:
- Peak power 3000w; Continuous 1500w
- Offgrid (no charging function. you need an external charger for your batteries). Recommendation avalable
- Consumes very low power (<5w) from your batteries to invert, so you will get more backup time from your batteries
- Protection against overload. It only trips off with an alarm sound and light when overloaded, but returns to normal working when you switch off and on again.
- Protection against surges from sparks, partial contacts and reverse polarity connections

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
AshipaEk0:

This is very bad advice.

so bad i don't know if you are being malicious.

You think a newbie that doesn't know much should buy expensive wet cell battery that they need to nurse, maintain charge, limit discharge, top off and balance monthly and thats better than buying Lithium packs that they can literally install and forget, discharge deeply and will have a longer life span.

Especially considering how the market is flooded with cfakes and rebadged batteries, and their lifespan outside of strict management

because they will have 'learnt something' along the way. learn something by throwing away 300k plus on batteries

which thing precisely are they learning? learning when they can avoid the pitfalls and hardships? in this 2023?

Haba na.

All those you said and more, already are the duty of a common average charge controller be it PWM, or MPPT.

And yes, there are lots of fakes and lithium based batteries are not exempted.

And for rugged use, WET cell batteries still excels better. Every battery technology has got it's place.

Just like we have Magnetic tapes, Hard disks, SSDs, etc.

You're better of buying an expensive Dry or Wet cell batteries, than buying a CHEAP Lithium based battery. And you know what, an expensive Dry or Wet cell battery, is mostly CHEAPER than that CHEAP Lithium based battery.

Make we never talk of the inherent dangers of Lithium based batteries such as possibility of catching fire or exploding, yea that's why they come with BMS but what happens when you buy fake ?

And the suggestion ain't meant for just newbies, but to all those who don't have above basic knowledge on these things. You spending more doesn't mean you getting better things.
This suggestion equally goes to those who employ services of (cheap) installers.

Would have suggested going directly to their authorized dealers, but

Even buying electronics from LG branded showroom doesn't guarantee you're getting Authentic product.

I'm someone who have built battery banks, damaged a couple, tried inventing somethings along the way.
Right from childhood, I'm very technical with electrical things. So even new things ain't so new to me. Those I don't know, just looking at them, I could deduce a couple of things.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2023
bassdow:

All those you said and more, already are the duty of a common average charge controller be it PWM, or MPPT.

And for rugged use, WET cell batteries still excels better. Every battery technology has got it's place.

You're better of buying an expensive Dry or Wet cell batteries, than buying a CHEAP Lithium based battery. And you know what, an expensive Dry or Wet cell battery, is mostly CHEAPER than that CHEAP Lithium based battery.

Make we never talk of the inherent dangers of Lithium based batteries such as possibility of catching fire or exploding, yea that's why they come with BMS but what happens when you buy fake ?

I'm someone who have built battery banks, damaged a couple, tried inventing somethings along the way.
Right from childhood, I'm very technical with electrical things. So even new things ain't so new to me. Those I don't know, just looking at them, I could deduce a couple if things.

Quick question before we progress, can we see ur inverter system? Do you use lithium? If yes what chemistry? If also yes, for how long? Finally what's Ur technical competence level when it comes to building lithium battery banks from scratch?

Like I said just a few questions cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
bassdow:

And the suggestion ain't meant for just newbies, but to all those who don't have above basic knowledge on these things. You spending more doesn't mean you getting better things.
This suggestion equally goes to those who employ services of (cheap) installers.

Would have suggested going directly to their authorized dealers, but

Even buying electronics from LG branded showroom doesn't guarantee you're getting Authentic product.

Right from childhood, I'm very technical with electrical things. So even new things ain't so new to me. Those I don't know, just looking at them, I could deduce a couple of things.

How to reduce chances of buying FAKEs, focus more on unpopular Genuine brands e.g Luminous is a known and popular Good brand. Why not go for something else which is equally good or even much better, but not so POPULAR.
Those who do fakes, or repackage products, focus more on what MANY people are buying. That's one of the reasons why it's difficult buying FAKE Sony products.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
saint2ace:

Quick question before we progress, can we see ur inverter system? Do you use lithium? If yes what chemistry? If also yes, for how long? Finally what's Ur technical competence level when it comes to building lithium battery banks from scratch?

Like I said just a few questions cheesy

Unfortunately, I'm not here to prove anything to any one, not even to your God/god .

Mind YoU, I'm not here FISHing for Customers/Clients

Who knows, I might not have ever owned a battery sef. That's beauty of a faceLess beer-Parlour

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
Sukam falcon 1kva/12v pure sine wave inverter - 100k

Mpower 1.1kva/12v pure sine wave inverter - 105k

Afripower 1.7kva/24v pure sine wave inverter - 145k

Cloud 1.5kva/24v pure sine wave inverter (wall mount) - 180k

Sunmart vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 385k

Sunmart Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 340k

Sunmart Vmiii plus 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 360k

Sunmart Vmiii plus 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - (out of stock)

Sorotec Revo Vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - (out of stock)

Sorotec Revo Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 380k

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit) - 480k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit)- 410k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 480k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 360k (out of stock)

Powmr 3.2kva 24v 80a 450vdc mppt hybrid inverter - 250k (out of stock)

Powmr 3.5kva 24v 100a 500vdc mppt hybrid inverter - 360k

Powmr 5.5kva 48v 100a mppt hybrid inverter - 405k

Snadi 3.5kva 24v inverter wall mount (transformer) - 280k

Snadi 5.5kva 24v inverter wall mount (transformer) - 380k

Snadi 5.5kva 48v inverter wall mount (transformer) - 380k

Epever triron 40a mppt charge controller - 95k

Epever tracer 60a mppt charge controller - 190k

Epever tracer 100a mppt charge controller - (out of stock)

Must 100a mppt solar charge controller - (out of stock)

Must 60a mppt solar charge controller - 140k

Must 80a mppt solar charge controller - 150k

Fangpusun flexmax 80a mppt charge controller - 295k

Fangpusun flexmax 60a mppt charge controller - 200k (out of stock)

Fangpusun 50a 12/24v - 95k

40amps mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller(mobile app compatible)- 85k

60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller(Mobile app compatible) - 155k

60amps 12/24/36/48v powermr mppt - 80k

Greenpole 48v 100ah lithium battery - 950k(out of stock)

Avr(under n over voltage regulator)/current limiter 60a (Tomzn) - 10k

Avr (under n over voltage regulator)/current limiter 63a 4pole (tomzn) - 25k

Change over breaker/MTS - 6k

Change over breaker/MTS 4pole - 15k

DC SPD 500v - 9k

DC SPD 500v (Tomzn) - 11k

DC spd 1000v (tomzn)- 11k

Ac spd 385v - 8.5k

Ac spd 275v (tomzn) - 9.5k

Ac spd 4 pole - 15k

DC Voltmeter (5v- 120v ) - 2.5k

DC Voltmeter (8v- 100v / with battery indicator and %) - 6k

Watt meter - 15k

Mc4 connectors - 700

Mc4 y connector 2 in 1 - 3.5k

Mc4 y connector 3 in 1- 4.5k

Mc4 y connector 4 in 1 - 9k

Programmable timer 15a UK pkug - 10k

Programmable timer 25a - 10k

solar DC fuse holder 1 pole (tomzn) - 3k

Solar DC fuse holder 2 pole (tomzn)- 5k

Solar DC fuse (10a/16a/20a/25a/30a) - 2k

DC breaker 10a 600v double pole (tomzn)- 6k

DC breaker 16a 600v double pole (tomzn) - 6k

DC breaker 20a 600v double pole (tomzn) - 6k

DC breaker single pole (32-63a) - 3k

DC breakers double pole 63a - 6k

DC breaker double pole 100a - 9k

Dc breaker double pole 125a - 11k

250a DC mccb breaker double pole (Tomzn) - 28k

Ac breaker double pole 10a (Tomzn)- 4k

Ac breaker double pole 16a (Tomzn)- 4k

Ac breaker double pole 32a (Tomzn)- 4k

Ac breaker double pole 63a (Tomzn)- 4k

Ac breaker double pole 10a (Chint)- 4.5k

Ac breaker double pole 16a (Chint)- 4.5k

Ac breaker double pole 32a (Chint)- 4.5k

Ac breaker double pole 63a (Chint)- 5k

Ha02 battery balancer - 35k

Busbar (Red and Black) - 24k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a (wall mount) - 25k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a (tomzn) - 23k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a (tomzn) - 24k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 125a (tomzn) - 26k (out of stock)

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a 4pole 3 phase (tomzn) - 35k

6 in 1 Ac display meter ( watts, voltage,kWh,amps, freq, power factor) - 16k

4way breaker enclosure - 3k

6way breaker enclosure - 4.5k

8 way breaker enclosure - 5k

12 way breaker enclosure - 6k

DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08 one 1739 829 four

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
bassdow:

Unfortunately, I'm not here to prove anything to any one, not even to your God/god .

Who knows, I might not have ever owned a battery sef. That's beauty of a faceLess beer-Parlour

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
Cc zeestone99 Valto

I've been wondering, what is the difference between sachet inverter and the bigger Stabilizer/UPS/Wall mounted type of inverter?

Someone posted a 3,000w sachet inverter for 66k ... But the other non sachet inverter of same rating would probably cost 200k

Aren't they the same and what's the difference?

Thanks for anticipated response
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
saint2ace:

grin grin grin
Make me sef laff
grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
oweniwe:
Cc zeestone99 Valto

I've been wondering, what is the difference between sachet inverter and the bigger Stabilizer/UPS/Wall mounted type of inverter?

Someone posted a 3,000w sachet inverter for 66k ... But the other non sachet inverter of same rating would probably cost 200k

What is sachet inverter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 12:14am On Aug 22, 2023
bassdow:

How to reduce chances of buying FAKEs, focus more on unpopular Genuine brands e.g Luminous is a known and popular Good brand. Why not go for something else which is equally good or even much better, but not so POPULAR.
Those who do fakes, or repackage products, focus more on what MANY people are buying. That's one of the reasons why it's difficult buying FAKE Sony products.

From my personal observation, there are many fake products in the Nigeria market and it's very hard to find honest sellers.

From instance, Luminous tubular batteries (the major three types) are been advertised online within 150K - 230K. I called the company to inquire about their battery and cost, and the cheapest was 317K, the highest was I think 368K. Though they offered a reasonable discount.

They disassociated themselves from sellers selling below the prices I mentioned above saying they're rebranded or fake product.

This is not peculiar to Luminous alone. May we not invest our monies with the wrong people.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abuzz33: 4:24am On Aug 22, 2023
Any solar installers in Anambra? Please post your contact. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 4:32am On Aug 22, 2023
oweniwe:
Cc zeestone99 Valto

The 200k inverter has:

inbuilt chargers which can cost minimum of 25k.

There is probably built in mppt charge controller which can cost minimum of 50k.
There is a display screen and option of editable settings where u can change some settings to suit your needs especially lithium battery charging,output voltage,charging current etc.

The small sachet inverters like u call them serves its purpose when on tight budget.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dannybrasky(m), Olumighty123(m), Trendy247, abbey086(m), nora2018(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.