Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063019 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
TechGeek777:

True, but some brands like Felicity & TBB offers warranty that covers human errors to great extent(This they did without even asking what damaged the inverter but proffer solution to it just to protect they brands.

I understand some users can abused inverters to utmost extent.

Maybe, you should have resolve the shortage of wire that wasn't replaced.

Bro, try to protect your image especially *ONLINE* eh get why.

Have you thought of why banks and well established enterprises *ALWAYS* try to pacifier customers trying to constitute nuisance in they premises?

See Mohbad matter for instance, Naira Marley lost thousands of followers even before people heard his opinion, also it will take something beyond human to revive his career, that he has built.

Internet matter too powerful, You fit dey come out for minister position tomorrow and your opponent go pay people to dig shit from your past.

Caution is needed to protect ones image.

Make una try resolve the matter peacefully abeg.

Don't waste your breath. It's this internet anonymity/distance and feeling of impunity on issues that gives people the right to act and behave anyhow to their customers rather than engaging them to find an amicable solution. And as you have said, the internet never forgets and a cursory google search of your username will bring up such conversations. For someone working in the sales & service industry, its not when things go right that your all loving and respectful to the customer but the true test is when things go bad. Broken items during shipping, manufacturer defect/warranty issues, sub-optimal performance of item etc. While of course nobody can hold you responsible for customer behavior and inappropriate use of the equipment, always try to find a solution for your customers and they will be singing your gospel everywhere. This default confrontational attitude that we see in a lot of cases reported here tells you all that you need to know. These guys are only interested in collecting your money and your On Your Own if anything else happens.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
Sense too full this matter, abeg I doff my hat brother.

A member of this platform invited me sometimes ago to help him do his solar installation but along d line, he needed a clarification n I told him to put a call through to zeestone whom sold the inverter to him, mehn it was embarrassing n disgraceful how he responded on phone. I just shook my head n continued my work.... there are ways u don't talk to people especially customers, that's if one wants to stay long in business sha

TechGeek777:

True, but some brands like Felicity & TBB offers warranty that covers human errors to great extent(This they did without even asking what damaged the inverter but proffer solution to it just to protect they brands.

I understand some users can abused inverters to utmost extent.

Maybe, you should have resolve the shortage of wire that wasn't replaced.

Bro, try to protect your image especially *ONLINE* eh get why.

Have you thought of why banks and well established enterprises *ALWAYS* try to pacifier customers trying to constitute nuisance in they premises?

See Mohbad matter for instance, Naira Marley lost thousands of followers even before people heard his opinion, also it will take something beyond human to revive his career, that he has built.

Internet matter too powerful, You fit dey come out for minister position tomorrow and your opponent go pay people to dig shit from your past.

Caution is needed to protect ones image.

Make una try resolve the matter peacefully abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Leun: 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2023
Omo I don't know both the buyer and seller but I'll tell you something that has happened to my consultant friend, he's into snail business and had orders.

He sent 150 pcs counted, stocked from Benin to Warri, the buyer received about a 100. Something similar happened when he shipped an order with the Snails not complete, he had to send the balance. Eventually we found out that the culprit were from the bus park, shortchanging him as soon as he left the park.

So however this case is, you ought to have sent the corresponding cable.

@zeestone99

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2023
The truth about inverter buys in Nigeria. You are on your own.
Basically if you have the money to buy high end inverters eg deye... just buy extra panel and parts before it is shipped to you from abroad.

If you know you are not balanced financial pls I will advice don't go for high end inverters. Stick with inverters that can be easily repaired in Nigeria. Easily in the sense not to expensive to repair.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chichilas: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2023
Edrizz:
Sense too full this matter, abeg I doff my hat brother.

A member of this platform invited me sometimes ago to help him do his solar installation but along d line, he needed a clarification n I told him to put a call through to zeestone whom sold the inverter to him, mehn it was embarrassing n disgraceful how he responded on phone. I just shook my head n continued my work.... there are ways u don't talk to people especially customers, that's if one wants to stay long in business sha

Zeestone is rude and arrogant. After he takes your money, courtesy goes out the window.

Buyers beware.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 7:40pm On Oct 04, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2023
Chichilas:

Zeestone is rude and arrogant. After he takes your money, courtesy goes out the window.

Buyers beware.

Dealt with him a couple of times no issues . It is anyone responsibility when buying stuff . Might have been a misunderstanding.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2023
Valto:
ValtechEnergy products

whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto
we have a physical shop, located in yenagoa bayelsa state capital. we can waybill to any location in Nigeria! Google maps
https://g.co/kgs/cVcyBN

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2023
Great insights.

It's quite interesting to know that pathway as you outlined. Of course, the importance of a solid foundation in whatever track one decides to pursue cannot be overstated and I was not necessarily asking as to "follow the bandwagon" as it were, more out of curiosity as to how the status quo can be enhanced.

As an aside, IT has had very rapid evolution in the last 1 - 2 decades and what we termed "foundation" may have shifted a bit depending on what generation someone hopped on that bus.
E.g. Nowadays, a lot is abstracted "as code", taking off that layer where you need to physically touch and tinker, negating the need to have that low level interface as foundation. Over the last couple of pages, there have been discussions around caches, forward and reverse proxies, networking, firewalling, content filtering, bios / firmware issues and so on. For the old timers, these were staples as most of those guys started out as tinkerers and enthusiasts, people that built their hardware and their own kernels just because grin grin. That was their foundation, but now I believe those functions are mostly explored and handled by the hardcore enterprise guys, service / cloud providers, OEMs, and the most curious of DIYers.

Today's current foundations are "Everything As Code", APIs / Abstraction Layers, yada yada yada, to the point where it might appear like a "wrong foundation" whereas IMO it's just different as times have simply evolved.

As for the money part, who no like money abeg? People will always try to find shortcuts and "easy" money. I don't know if it exists sha, but people will try. Every time, I hear I want to "learn teach" and make money, I go just laugh, tell the person to do some digging into it and try to understand what it entails and demands. If one is going into it for quick and easy money....well sha.

FEGEITOK:

@litaninja

Let me correct one phrase.

You know networking inside out, should replace the phase that are into networking which I used earlier.

Everything you said up there is valid.

I started by fixing PCs ( hardware) to software to running networks to supplying software to enterprises to architecting complete solutions from scratch incorporating software, hardware and consultancy.

Before I sell a solution, I actually personally play with it and have a working knowledge of the same.

My point is that knowing the basics and knowing them well is non-negotiable.

I use cybersecurity to get in some doors, but I am versed in several aspects of IT and I keep learning. My biggest grossing deal wasn't a cybersecurity deal, but cybersecurity opened the doors for me.

When I started, I bought books on subjects as diverse as open source intelligence techniques, database security, website security, web hacking, networking, windows server administration, computer evidence collection and preservation, Oracle hacking and devoured them, Official Certified Ethical Hacker also.

When these certifications came out, I bought the Official Study Guides books: Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP) and Certified Wireless Network Administrator(CWNP).

You need a foundation without which you cannot understand certain concepts. Money does not just appear from nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:43am On Oct 05, 2023
Leun:
Omo I don't know both the buyer and seller but I'll tell you something that has happened to my consultant friend, he's into snail business and had orders.

He sent 150 pcs counted, stocked from Benin to Warri, the buyer received about a 100. Something similar happened when he shipped an order with the Snails not complete, he had to send the balance. Eventually we found out that the culprit were from the bus park, shortchanging him as soon as he left the park.

So however this case is, you ought to have sent the corresponding cable.

@zeestone99

We didn't get to that part before he threatened to ruin my reputation and call me a thief cheesy. So here we are.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:45am On Oct 05, 2023
samnaija:
The truth about inverter buys in Nigeria. You are on your own.
Basically if you have the money to buy high end inverters eg deye... just buy extra panel and parts before it is shipped to you from abroad.

If you know you are not balanced financial pls I will advice don't go for high end inverters. Stick with inverters that can be easily repaired in Nigeria. Easily in the sense not to expensive to repair.

We repair inverters for our customers. Warranty(free) and non warranty ( with a fee).

Theres none of our inverters we cannot fix.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chichilas: 5:42am On Oct 05, 2023
zeestone99:

We repair inverters for our customers. Warranty(free) and non warranty ( with a fee).

Theres none of our inverters we cannot fix.

Only after selling a used inverter as brand new?

I thought you said there was nothing you could do about the cable..

Solar installer who damages roofs worth millions of Naira. Even solar install, you nor sabi

Mazine fraud group

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chichilas: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2023
I warned you Zeestone. I am just getting warmed up.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2023
Chichilas:
I warned you Zeestone. I am just getting warmed up.
though what he did might be bad to you, which i believe can be resolved, but i think u are going too far, with this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chichilas: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2023
Valto:
though what he did might be bad to you, which i believe can be resolved, but i think u are going too far, with this issue.

Don’t tell me that sir. He said I should go ahead and do what I like. I am doing what I like: online vendors need to know that they can loose much more than what they are trying to steal from their customers and that is their reputation.

This is a guy I have been dealing with for 5 years. He has stayed in my house many times and I have hosted him. If I complain about an issue, shouldn’t he act better than to insult me over my money? How can someone order 200k worth of cables and I will now remove 20 yards and be accusing him falsely? Does that make sense? Most online vendors think they will get away with anything. Fortunately, the internet is permanent!!

He said Nairaland doesn’t feed him so why bother?

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:56am On Oct 05, 2023
samir101ng:

You can try a 24v setup but with the dollar rates now rising weekly you will need to adjust your budget and move fast.

1. SRNE 24v 3.5KVA inverter with built-in MPPT 150v going for about N235,000.

2. Amaron Quanta Batteries (Two) 200ah AGM batteries going for about N220,000 each that's N440,000.

3. Yingli Solar Panels 450W (cool my last quote on this was August at N110,000 each but please confirm from their offices on the current price. Lets say N880,000

4. Installation & wiring with surge protection. N100,000 (just an estimate but you can negotiate with the installer)

You are already looking at over N1.5M already. But as stated here, the quality and brand of products you choose will determine how long your setups last.

The above setup i believe should fall withing your budget and if need be you can stretch it a bit.

Thank you for saving lives since time immemorial.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2023
gadgetplanetng:
My Schneider homaya is still with the company.
I'm sure they want to hold it for a year first as I said I'm not paying.

Sorry to hear. Reach out to Schneider they will make you whole
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2023
chris81964:

They're the ones I've been dealing with.
Fortunately I bought a replacement else it would have been frustrating.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Elcapitan0: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2023
Elcapitan0:
Hello guys and good evening. Pleasei just installed my felicity CC and i'm having trouble connecting it to the inverter. I'm using a normal network cable and I've tried both the RS-232 and the RS-485 port on the inverter but it just flashes for 10 seconds and goes off. Please how can i go about this as i dont want to overcharge this battery if both AC and panel is available?
Inverter is IVPS3524
Charge controller is SCCM8048

Thanks
Anybody please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:52am On Oct 05, 2023
brightk:
Hmmmm...make i comment my reserve on top sellers n buyers.. my own de front de com

Make i go give oga @valto wine 4 house make e take clear throat cos d matter go hot grin

I don warn one ps here make e nor bother com nairaland com advertise. I de wait 4 am

@bright, awww ! What really transpired between you & that Lithium seller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2023
What is the contact for Schneider? I could do with a replacement board from them for my homaya
chris81964:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wirinet(m): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2023
zeestone99:

Cable is measured completely from our end. I have no idea how it became shorter when it got to benin. There's notin to resolve less than 5 mins conversation of its complete and it's not complete, he's solution is to spoil my reputation so he claims. As u can see theres notin to resolve. U can blame me for that though. wink

Very bad business ethics. Customer satisfaction should be a big part of your business philosophy for long term survival and success. The customer already made his concerns known before ordering based on previous order. You should have told him the truth that you have no control the cable length as you are a vendor or tell him the actual length of a labelled 100 yard cable is actually 80 yards. I know that is the standard practice among those alaba international sellers.
Even after the customer complaint you should have simply apologised and offer to refund the extra N20k. This would have made him happy and a repeat customer. You have now only now lost a long term customer but also businesses he would have brought you in future, all because of N20k.

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by loluskysat(m): 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2023
My experience with Zeestone 99 was great. He demonstrated an apt knowledge of what he is selling and even replaced the item when i complained about it scratched by the despatch. I had a good customer service with him even though we have not met.

wirinet:

Very bad business ethics. Customer satisfaction should be a big part of your business philosophy for long term survival and success. The customer already made his concerns known before ordering based on previous order. You should have told him the truth that you have no control the cable length as you are a vendor or tell him the actual length of a labelled 100 yard cable is actually 80 yards. I know that is the standard practice among those alaba international sellers.
Even after the customer complaint you should have simply apologised and offer to refund the extra N20k. This would have made him happy and a repeat customer. You have now only now lost a long term customer but also businesses he would have brought you in future, all because of N20k.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chichilas: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
loluskysat:
My experience with Zeestone 99 was great. He demonstrated an apt knowledge of what he is selling and even replaced the item when i complained about it scratched by the despatch. I had a good customer service with him even though we have not met.

So because your experience with him did not go wrong, it therefore invalidates my issues with him or what is your point exactly??

Did you miss where I said I have dealt with him for 5 years?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chichilas: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
wirinet:

Thank you sir. This matter was pretty straight forward. It happened twice in 4 days. Why did I not run to Nairaland the first time it happened?

It is the fact that Zeestone can be rude, uncouth, arrogant over a customer’s legitimate claim is my grouse and why I ll see this to any length.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2023
wirinet:

Ok

This cables he's complaining about, he called me and I told him I will call a friend that have 4 core. I specifically told him I don't have it and we agreed I should ask a friend.
My friend sent him the 1st one. He said it's not complete and they have buried it already so there's no way to measure.
So he ordered another. My friend said he would only cut the cable in my presence, I don't have that time so I sent one of my boys. They measured in his presence and he confirmed 50yards plus small jara.
Cable was sent to benin on Sunday.
This Benin man called yesterday that cable is not complete, shouting on the phone blablabla. I told him to hold on.
I called my friend y he didn't cut complete cable, he responded that I should ask my boy that it was in his presence they cut this cable.
I called my boi and he said they cut 50yards plus jara in his presence.
I reverted to Benin man that they cut complete cable from here and my boi is also confirming it. He flared up and started shouting this is the second time and he's sending it back to Lagos. I told him to hold on. Called my boi and my friend again and they said they sent 50 yards complete. I called oga back and he said I'm cheating him and he would call me out on nairaland.
So here we are. In as much as u are a customer, u can always dialogue man to man and resolve issues, I won't tolerate you shouting on me and calling me names cos of one small misunderstanding that can be resolved with simple " what do think we can do now".
These are the issues.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wirinet(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2023
bassdow:

purposely choose to die the matter.

See eh, I have designed a couple of circuits, I desiigned, not buy readyMade circuit Boards like most people packkaging solarGenerator boxes are doing. And I didn't even use anything hhaving coil.

And yes, there are different types of transformers BUT when I say transformerLess, those of us learned enough, I believe uunderstands whatt I meant.

One basic thing I love about transformers, is the seperation BUT when I want something that would be efficient with almost no wastages, I know what to do.

Makes little sense inverting 12-Volts or 24-Volts DC current to 240-Volts AC , only to have it stepedDown to say 19, 25, etc volts. That's lots of WASTAGEs wether using Transformers or NOT.

Any day I choose to use lithiuum batteries, I would BUILD (Assemble) mine, rather than buying readyMade lithium batteries which I don't know quuality of it's indiividual cells.

I also had the same question when I was still into solar power/alternative energy about a decade ago. It does not make sense to start with 12v DC, invert to 220v AC and then step down again to 12V DC using very expensive and sometimes fragile inverters. Why not connect the your 12v DC appliance directly to your battery or solar controller. I did a few experiments then and it worked perfectly. I bought a 12 TV and connected it directly to a 12 v battery and then connected the battery to a 200watts solar panel. (I didn't even use a solar controller). I was able to watch TV with DSTV when the sun was shining.
I didn't continue the experiments as I had numerous commitments that made me travel a lot.

Most electronic appliances like TV, Decoders, Laptops, sound systems, LED lights, etc eventually get stepped down to between 12 - 20vDC so a simple step up or step down converter would suffice.
When I have time, I will order for some bulk converters from alibaba.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wirinet(m): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
loluskysat:

I have no doubt that zeestone99 has apt knowledge of what is selling or that you were satisfied with his services. The issue at hand is the experience of another customer who did not get customer satisfaction. I am a businessman with over 20 years experience. Customer satisfaction and feedback is key to business.
I just pointing out that this misunderstanding could have been handled much better.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2023
wirinet:

I have no doubt that zeestone99 has apt knowledge of what is selling or that you were satisfied with his services. The issue at hand is the experience of another customer who did not get customer satisfaction. I am a businessman with over 20 years experience. Customer satisfaction and feedback is key to business.
I just pointing out that this misunderstanding could have been handled much better.

I get ur point.
This is even shocking to me too. I treat my customers well, I replace defective product and accessories free. Some will tell me we will settle when next they order, we jst do plus and minus.
I expected we could sort it out amicably and very easy cos he's an old customer but I was wrong.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wirinet(m): 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2023
zeestone99:

Ok

This cables he's complaining about, he called me and I told him I will call a friend that have 4 core. I specifically told him I don't have it and we agreed I should ask a friend.
My friend sent him the 1st one. He said it's not complete and they have buried it already so there's no way to measure.
So he ordered another. My friend said he would only cut the cable in my presence, I don't have that time so I sent one of my boys. They measured in his presence and he confirmed 50yards plus small jara.
This Benin man called yesterday that cable is not complete, shouting on the phone blablabla. I told him to hold on.
I called my friend y he didn't cut complete cable, he responded that I should ask my boy that it was in his presence they cut this cable.
I reverted to Benin man that they cut complete cable from here and my boi is also confirming it. He flared up and started shouting this is the second time and he's sending it back to Lagos. I told him to hold on. Called my boi and my friend again and they said they sent 50 yards complete. I called oga back and he said I'm cheating him and he would call me out on nairaland.
So here we are. In as much as u are a customer, u can always dialogue man to man and resolve issues, I won't tolerate you shouting on me and calling me names cos of one small misunderstanding that can be resolved with simple " what do think we can do now".
These are the issues.

I understand your frustrations, but a GOOD customer is always right. If you imbibed that philosophy, you would not have been impatient and not let the issue escalated. A simple explanation and apology would have sufficed. Next time if you don't have, tell him to source the cables somewhere else.

About your boy witnessing the measuring in front of him. My brother, in terms of business don't trust anyone, particularly a nigerian. Unless you did the measurements yourself, don't stick out your head for anybody. Those Alaba boys are magicians with both the tape rule and measuring scale. They would measure something in your front to be complete only to get home and measure it yourself and it becomes short.
Me, I have experienced it all.

I don't think Chichilas is lying or being unnecessary difficult, especially since this was the second time he is complaining on the same issue. He is genuinely upset.

Just apologise, make it up to him one way or the other. You could invite him for a drink or send him the money for a drink and forget the whole episode. It's just not worth the anger and bad feelings.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chichilas: 3:20pm On Oct 05, 2023
zeestone99:

I get ur point.
This is even shocking to me too. I treat my customers well, I replace defective product and accessories free. Some will tell me we will settle when next they order, we jst do plus and minus.
I expected we could sort it out amicably and very easy cos he's an old customer but I was wrong.

It is not shocking. I said I would take this to the court of public opinion which is Nairaland because this is where I met you. You said I should do my worst. That nor be Nairaland Dey feed you. So why is it shocking you?

I am just getting started. You would be amazed how much time I would spend on your matter.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chichilas: 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2023
zeestone99:

Ok

These are the issues.

This bini man will frustrate you this urhobo man online. Every advert you post will be followed with my disclaimer.

You get boy? Nor be the alaba shop boy send the cable direct? You did not send anyone to the shop. Quit lying. Something you did not see with your eye, you are blabbing..

Did you witness the measurement? Did I not ask you to specifically measure my cable before sending it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: orkman(m), Danibestguy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.