Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059185 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2023
sharks776:
Hello Good people,
Please does anyone has any experience using this lithium batteries (they are used)
The black is Huawei and white is mantrac. They are being offered to me as used.

Even if a Brand New one of same capacity and product line is very durable, you can't easily say same of a USED one, since you don't know it's current state of health.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2023
All Sizes of GASTON Batteries are available , we have Offices in Abuja, Lagos and we do Nationwide Delivery. You can/Watsapp us on 08066332919

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2023
bassdow:

Hmm

Oga the price of a 6-Volts DryCell trojan battery is more than 200,000 naira.

Have often do you see Trojan batteries as Tokunbo for sale ?

ANyway price often depends more on the Amperage, than Voltage + I'm not upToDate with prices of such batteries since its rarely requested for.

And yea, when compared to other batteries, trojan batteries arre veryVery expensive
Okay thanks. Just wanted to know if we were talking abt thesame thing, because all this sellers, truth no dey their mouth.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2023
kristien4:
Okay thanks. Just wanted to know if we were talking abt thesame thing, because all this sellers, truth no dey their mouth.

Hopefully, others would add their own thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2023
kristien4:

Gennex Tech is an authorized and dealer and reputable seller of Jinko, Canadian Solar panels and Trojan Batteries. We have listed them here before on this forum as a genuine source of solar products with warranties. However, as a earlier stated, certain premium brands command a higher price point compared to the alaba chinko products that many often resort to. If the product is within your budget, please feel free to go ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2023
sharks776:
Hello Good people,
Please does anyone has any experience using this lithium batteries (they are used)
The black is Huawei and white is mantrac. They are being offered to me as used.

Both Hauwei and Mantrac are reputable brands. However, because they are used, there might be some argument as to how much life is left in them. However, being LIFEP04 batteries, they will still have a some juice left in them and will serve you better than some brand new chinko lead acid batteries in the market. Some questions you can ask the sellers:
1. How many years old are the batteries ?
2. What is the number of cycles that the batteries have been discharged ?
3. What were the batteries used for ?
If you can get some satisfactory answers to these and the price point is right, i see no reason why you cannot go ahead and purchase. Bear in mind though, that being a used product, you should have some lower expectations in terms of performance. Certain LifeP04 brands like SRNE advertise an 80% remaining capacity after over 6000 cycles of charging and discharging their 5.12kwh batteries (51.2v 100ah). You can research more on the model number of these batteries and see their spec sheets. But all in all as long as they are in good condition, i will take them over a lead acid battery any day.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
samir101ng:

Both Hauwei and Mantrac are reputable brands. However, because they are used, there might be some argument as to how much life is left in them. However, being LIFEP04 batteries, they will still have a some juice left in them and will serve you better than some brand new chinko lead acid batteries in the market. Some questions you can ask the sellers:
If you can get some satisfactory answers to these and the price point is right, i see no reason why you cannot go ahead and purchase. Bear in mind though, that being a used product, you should have some lower expectations in terms of performance. Certain LifeP04 brands like SRNE advertise an 80% remaining capacity after over 6000 cycles of charging and discharging their 5.12kwh batteries (51.2v 100ah). You can research more on the model number of these batteries and see their spec sheets. But all in all as long as they are in good condition, i will take them over a lead acid battery any day.

1. The manufacturing date on the sticker is showing October 2022.
2. Can't determine number of cycles
3. According to the seller, they are telecom batteries.
4. The guy is quoting 850k for the Huawei 48v 150ah and 750k for the 48v,100ah
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
sharks776:

Cycles should be less than 400 then. Buy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kreamie(m): 10:12pm On Nov 21, 2023
Give us his number make we check something. grin
sharks776:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
Please I'm interested in the battery if you don't mind sharing the contact info of the seller.
Thank you.

sharks776:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
kristien4:
Gennex say na 245k... is that what u mean by very very expensive?

Authorised dealer:
- Trojan battery
- C& D AES battery
- Pylontech lithium
- Max lithium
- Cworth lithium
- Kartel
- Matchtig
- SMS
- Wakatek
- Afripower products
- EASTMAN products
- Sunfield products
- Genus
- Luminous & many more ......

Contact us for discounted prices regarding same USA Trojan battery.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:30am On Nov 22, 2023
samir101ng:

Other than the first question, the rest can't easily be determined by the potential BUYer without relying on words of the SELLer.

Also number of cycles don't always matter because of ABUSEs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:34am On Nov 22, 2023
sharks776:

2. Can't determine number of cycles. If they were ABUSEd in any way, then cycleCount wouldn't matter much.

3. According to the seller, they are telecom batteries. I would say a big HMM to this

4. The guy is quoting 850k for the Huawei 48v 150ah and 750k for the 48v,100ah. Wondering why I would spend such homongous amount on a USED item without warantee or guarantee of any sort. Oga to use Lithium battery no be by force abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
sharks776:

1. That's great. Which means by calendar age they are not that old.
2. For the Mantrac battery (which i am partial too), you can get the number of cycles from the front screen menu. It will be listed there in the options menu just like the Seplos batteries. For the Huawei, i am not too sure but if there is an app or bluetooth connection you can use, you should be able to pull this information from the BMS. Ask the seller about communication with the built in BMS.
3. Okay. So, they were kept in a cool and well ventilated environment, however, their discharge cycles might be a bit high but this negated by the calendar age and most telecom sites follow basic safety precautions in their installations so this shouldn't a major concern.
4. This is where you need to do your research and compare how much brand new 48v 100ah & 150ah batteries are selling in the market right now compared to the asking price for these used ones which still have a lot of life left in them. Also, calculate how much you need to spend for the same capacity in lead acid batteries without all the benefits that you get from LifeP04 and then finally look at your budget. This is individual to everybody but as you can see from the comments of people asking for the contacts of the seller, many consider it to be a good deal.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2023
VALTECH ENERGY 48V 104ah lifepo4 lithium battery @950k with 100A Bluetooth bms (made with brand new cells)
VALTECH ENERGY 48V 173ah lifepo4 lithium battery @1,550m, with 150A Bluetooth bms(made with brand new EVE 173ah cells)
VALTECH ENERGY 24v 173ah lifepo4 lithium battery @850k with 150A Bluetooth bms
VALTECH ENERGY 24v 104ah lifepo4 lithium battery @550k with 100A Bluetooth bms
12v 104ah lifepo4 lithium battery@ 300k with 100A Bluetooth bms
all made with customised foreign metal box, 125A circuit, Voltmeters, JBD Bluetooth BMS. whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2023
JSDsolar HYBRID INVERTERS AVAILABLE!!!

JSDsolar HYBRID INVERTERS
Features:
* Single or Parallel operation.
* Supports Lithium ion battery, Tubular, SMF
* Inbuilt Mppt solar charge controller
* Grid, solar and battery input priority
* WIFI remote monitoring (optional )
* 1 year standard product warranty

3kva 24v, 60A Mppt 100Voc = 440,000

5.5kva 48v, 60A Mppt 500Voc ( 9 par)= 550,000

5.5kva 48v, 100A Mppt 500Voc (12 par) = 600,000

WiFi module = 50,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2023
3.5kva 24v soccer power inverter available, #280,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2023
3kva 24v felicity hybrid inverter available, #380,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2023
5kwh 24v felicity lithium battery available, #1,200,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2023
200Ah 12v felicity gel battery available, #220,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:03am On Nov 23, 2023
17.5kwh 51.2v felicity lithium battery available, #3,500,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:06am On Nov 23, 2023
5kva 48v felicity hybrid inverter available, #500,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
sharks776:

The Mantrac has 15 cells in it and not 16.
If anything goes wrong with a cell or 2, u can't replace it cause they are welded.
Also confirm the source of the sales whether it's the telecom company that's selling or not before u buy trouble.
If price is 750k I rather buy 51.2v/104ah from valtech with 16 cells brand new with Bluetooth BMS @900k+and the cells can easily be replaced if need arises .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
The lightning hit this inverter. Please where can I fix it?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
More than a month ago, @Leun reached out to discuss a possible solar solution, which we first need to be on the same page.
We referred him to our Off-grid energy calculator (link in bio).
After careful planning and several conversations.

We executed the installation with a 5KW Growatt, 580W Jinko and 7.5KWh Lithium ion Xtra power battery.

Thank you for your trust that we at @Rendezvous Solar can deliver on your project and your hospitality. Gracias

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
samir101ng:

1. That's great. Which means by calendar age they are not that old.
2. For the Mantrac battery (which i am partial too), you can get the number of cycles from the front screen menu. It will be listed there in the options menu just like the Seplos batteries. For the Huawei, i am not too sure but if there is an app or bluetooth connection you can use, you should be able to pull this information from the BMS. Ask the seller about communication with the built in BMS.
3. Okay. So, they were kept in a cool and well ventilated environment, however, their discharge cycles might be a bit high but this negated by the calendar age and most telecom sites follow basic safety precautions in their installations so this shouldn't a major concern.
4. This is where you need to do your research and compare how much brand new 48v 100ah & 150ah batteries are selling in the market right now compared to the asking price for these used ones which still have a lot of life left in them. Also, calculate how much you need to spend for the same capacity in lead acid batteries without all the benefits that you get from LifeP04 and then finally look at your budget. This is individual to everybody but as you can see from the comments of people asking for the contacts of the seller, many consider it to be a good deal.

I kinda like this response

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2023
futurenix:

The Mantrac has 15 cells in it and not 16.
If anything goes wrong with a cell or 2, u can't replace it cause they are welded.
Also confirm the source of the sales whether it's the telecom company that's selling or not before u buy trouble.
If price is 750k I rather buy 51.2v/104ah from valtech with 16 cells brand new with Bluetooth BMS @900k+and the cells can easily be replaced if need arises .

you know say e get reason why I find it difficult buying certain types of computters - if the parts ain't replaceAble, then it's a No for me.

for batteryBank, irrespective of it being tubular / Dry / Lithium, it takes just 1 defective cell in the string to bring the entire system down.
So why would I spend so much on something like that without warantee or guarantee of any sort from dealer.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
isangjohnson:
The lightning hit this inverter. Please where can I fix it?

if you're in Lagos statte, go to Arena in Oshodi, or Alaba international, or somewhere at Surulere.

Me no know the kind chargeController wey una dey buy.

So many times, I disconnect my battery bank from the chargeController, while it's sttill connected to the solar panel, yet never experienced any fault. Same can't be said of a lot of chargeControllers out there.

if you can't afford buying brandNew quality item, at least try going for tokunbo/used quality item.

Oh just saw you meant your INVERTER, well the repairers plenty na. Just state your state of residence, or visit the locations I mentioned above and you would see lots of them there
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 1:28am On Nov 24, 2023
olopan:
More than a month ago, @Leun reached out to discuss a possible solar solution, which we first need to be on the same page.
We referred him to our Off-grid energy calculator (link in bio).
After careful planning and several conversations.

We executed the installation with a 5KW Growatt, 580W Jinko and 7.5KWh Lithium ion Xtra power battery.

Neat as always... weldone!!!

Thank you for your trust that we at @Rendezvous Solar can deliver on your project and your hospitality. Gracias

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2023
Available now.

3.2kva powmr 80a mppt hybrid inverter - 310k

1kva axpert 50a pwm hybrid inverter - 145k

100a 48v 4.8kwh lithium battery - 1.05m

Call/chat - 08. 11. 7398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2023
bassdow:

if you're in Lagos statte, go to Arena in Oshodi, or Alaba international, or somewhere at Surulere.

Me no know the kind chargeController wey una dey buy.

So many times, I disconnect my battery bank from the chargeController, while it's sttill connected to the solar panel, yet never experienced any fault. Same can't be said of a lot of chargeControllers out there.

if you can't afford buying brandNew quality item, at least try going for tokunbo/used quality item.

Oh just saw you meant your INVERTER, well the repairers plenty na. Just state your state of residence, or visit the locations I mentioned above and you would see lots of them there
Thanks Sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Betnomore: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2023
Can anyone direct me to where I can get quality distilled water here in Ikorodu? Thanks in anticipation of the suggestions

(1) (2) (3) ... (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: durodee(m), jonescosmos, ksmart027(m), alosbaba007(m), Hero2t, moneyest(m), litaninja(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.