Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2061088 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) ... (1693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2023
Hybrid600:

Definitely I'll be concerned about leakages but saying I'll inherit the panels when the tenant is moving away is another thing entirely except I offer to buy them.
Best an agreement is reached to seal the roof properly after the panels have been removed.
I know many landlords don't joke with their roofs

Atimes, na when rain fall (probably during rainy season) we dey know say roof dey leak.

when you're still an active tenant there, should you have any reason to go up there to make adjustments, and later it's noticed the roof is leaking, you would be called upon.

But who would they hold on to, when you've relocated ?

That's possibly why your landLord made such comment.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 10:31am On Dec 12, 2023
hmmmm

if una dey promote and/ or praise DeYe lithium battery, abeg make una dey show picture [wey clear] Ooo, before boys go begin help DeYe produce more lithium batteries people go begin buy wetin resemble DeYe lithium batteries.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
It might be hard to clown it as most known inverters recongises it automatically once you plug the comms cable.

I would've posted the pictures but NL is not allowing me to do that.

bassdow:
hmmmm

if una dey promote and/ or praise DeYe lithium battery, abeg make una dey show picture [wey clear] Ooo, before boys go begin help DeYe produce more lithium batteries people go begin buy wetin resemble DeYe lithium batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ferdiwar:
It might be hard to clown it as most known inverters recongises it automatically once you plug the comms cable.

I would've posted the pictures but NL is not allowing me to do that.

Not hard especially when potential Customers, don't know what to look out for
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
Juror:

He is most likely concerned about damage to his roof during removal.

Professionals can add and remove panels with no leaks. Landlord is just a hater 😔
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
mctfopt:

Professionals can add and remove panels with no leaks. Landlord is just a hater 😔

How do you know.

Speaking of professional, the meaning of that word "professional" has really been diluted.
Currently in talk with a landlord who's been replacing batteriies and upgrading one thing or the other. Met him recenty, have known him for over 2-yyears but since he's a distant neigbour (12-streets away), our interaction is just greeting, though I sometimes buy things from their shop.

Something happened recently that brought us a bit closer, but before then, while buying something from their shop, already asked the wife why they run their freezer on solar (since I could see 2 small panels on the roof), and would kill the battteries faster BUT she said No, that there are more panels at other side of the roof. I argued a bit but left it at that.

Later (probably 1-month later) I got to learn of issues from the husband because He's been battling solar wahala.
Asking him, He gladly told me the individual capacities of all the panels on his roof as 2pcs 150watts, and 2pcs 250watts and I was like wow. Did you install yourself and He said No, An installer bought and installed them, though they both went to the market to buy them.

I was like, what sort of installer is that that would do such rubbish job.

He said He heard from his wife that I know about solar, and that what I said about their solar seems true.

Further asking, i got to discover He has had to upgrade his inverter from 12-volts to 24-volts, upgrade his charge controller from PWM to MPPT. I was like wowww.

Further asking him while we were walking back since we met on the way, revealed that initially, he bought 1pcs brand new 200AH dryCell battery but when it became weak, he was adviced to buy another and add to it, so they bought a used 200Ah battery, and paired it in series to the already weak battery and again, I shouted in surprise, asking him Are you sure You are not the one who installed all these things to which hee asked would he lie to me.

So he begged I come next day to take a look and fix things. He somehow had faith in me despite not seeing anything i have done before. Just that, most things I said earlier without knowing anything about their setup was more than true + since I am like a ghost in my vicinity, people barely knows Me. if you don't see me passBy, you hardly would see me again till maybe I passBy aggain and e no dey pass greetings and I don waka.

Well next morning, I came and was just speechless. The charge controller of 140,000 naira was a used one with MPPT bolded written on it. it's very obvious it's been opened for repairs. it's equally obious it ain't MPPT.
Now the 2 batteries were 1 fake brand (alaba battery) and was bought brand new, the other was Ritar and was bought used.

i told him, even a secondary School student who ready physics knows you don't mix old and new battery, let alone this kind of nonesense.

At end of the day, made him realise the entire setuup was rubbish and the batteries would keep dying because the solar panels are too small to fully charge the batteriies.

When I told him the battery has never filled, he disagreed but when He asked the wife, She said battery bar indicator keeps moving till 7pm when there's no more sun and it stops. And I told him that confirms the batteires are never fully charged.

Later he called the person and put phone on speak annd asked how much he solld the second MPPT charge controller and the man said 145,000 naira. he said he was making recommendations to a friend and wanted him to hear the price himself.

Right now, the man is just speechless. They no longer uuse freezer on it. Just 1 Tv with 1 standing fan and some energy saving bulbs, yet as soon as the sun is out, the inverter doesnt take up to 2-hours to start making noise. the next it goes off.

Now the man is making plans to start all over again. Just this time around, he wouldn't go through them

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2023
bassdow:

How do you know.

Speaking of professional, the meaning of that word "professional" has really been diluted.
Currently in talk with a landlord who's been replacing batteriies and upgrading one thing or the other. Met him recenty, have known him for over 2-yyears but since he's a distant neigbour (12-streets away), our interaction is just greeting, though I sometimes buy things from their shop.

Something happened recently that brought us a bit closer, but before then, while buying something from their shop, already asked the wife why they run their freezer on solar (since I could see 2 small panels on the roof), and would kill the battteries faster BUT she said No, that there are more panels at other side of the roof. I argued a bit but left it at that.

Later (probably 1-month later) I got to learn of issues from the husband because He's been battling solar wahala.
Asking him, He gladly told me the individual capacities of all the panels on his roof as 2pcs 150watts, and 2pcs 250watts and I was like wow. Did you install yourself and He said No, An installer bought and installed them, though they both went to the market to buy them.

He said He heard from his wife that I know about solar, and that what I said about their solar seems true.

Further asking, i got to discover He has had to upgrade his inverter from 12-volts to 24-volts, upgrade his charge controller from PWM to MPPT. I was like wowww.

Further asking him while we were walking back since we met on the way, revealed that initially, he bought 1pcs brand new 200AH dryCell battery but when it became weak, he was adviced to buy another and add to it, so they bought a used 200Ah battery, and paired it in series to the already weak battery and again, I shouted in surprise, asking him Are you sure You are not the one who installed all these things to which hee asked would he lie to me.

So he begged I come next day to take a look and fix things. He somehow had faith in me despite not seeing anything i have done before. Just that, most things I said earlier without knowing anything about their setup was more than true + since I am like a ghost in my vicinity, people barely knows Me. if you don't see me passBy, you hardly would see me again till maybe I passBy aggain and e no dey pass greetings and I don waka.

Well next morning, I came and was just speechless. The charge controller of 140,000 naira was a used one with MPPT bolded written on it. it's very obvious it's been opened for repairs. it's equally obious it ain't MPPT.
Now the 2 batteries were 1 fake brand (alaba battery) and was bought brand new, the other was Ritar and was bought used.

i told him, even a secondary School student who ready physics knows you don't mix old and new battery, let alone this kind of nonesense.

At end of the day, made him realise the entire setuup was rubbish and the batteries would keep dying because the solar panels are too small to fully charge the batteriies.

When I told him the battery has never filled, he disagreed but when He asked the wife, She said battery bar indicator keeps moving till 7pm when there's no more sun and it stops. And I told him that confirms the batteires are never fully charged.

Later he called the person and put phone on speak annd asked how much he solld the second MPPT charge controller and the man said 145,000 naira. he said he was making recommendations to a friend and wanted him to hear the price himself.

Right now, the man is just speechless. They no longer uuse freezer on it. Just 1 Tv with 1 standing fan and some energy saving bulbs, yet as soon as the sun is out, the inverter doesnt take up to 2-hours to start making noise. the next it goes off.

Now the man is making plans to start all over again. Just this time around, he wouldn't go through them
na professionals dey like bear Engr. grin grin grin grin

me na obi i dey bear ,but if them call me tinubu i no mind cool

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2023
TLDR
A so-Called Professional Solar personnel connected 2pcs of 150watts solar panel with 2pcs of 250 solar panels to 
a brand new single 200AH battery.
Of course that was so little to charge a 200AH battery + concurrent loads which includes a chest freezer, hence
the brandNew battery died or became too weak.

He then sold the client a used 200AH battery which He connected, in series, to the already weak 200AH battery.

Client has spent a lot already, yet actual beneficiary is the PROFESSIONAL. All items are overPriced & inferior.

Even if One has to be greedy, We should at least remain for the actual owner

bassdow:

How do you know.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2023
As a landlord, I WILL NEVER EVER ALLOW A TENANT TO PUT PANELS ON MY ROOF. I REPEAT:NEVER EVER. The chances of a mistake along the path of installation or removal is so high that the risk is not worth it. Ten years rent can barely reroof a building at current prices/value obtained.
When he/she builts then he/she can place on his/her roof.
I will however not obstruct any form of land based structure as long as you promise to ensure my building is back in shape when you leave.
I was a tenant twice, and each time I ensured I totally refurbished the building before leaving.
I have seen enough "professionals" in my discipline and in construction /engineering to know that mistake no get master! And the person with the short end of the rope is usually the owner.
mctfopt:

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
Ferdiwar:
Yes of course, the inverter is designed to work with other batteries too.

To manually set the charge profile you'll have to select either battery voltage or % (frame 1) and adjust the charge parameters accordingly (frame 2).

I got the battery @1.350m.

Edit: sorry I couldn't upload the pictures

Ok, does the inverter show any other details about the battery, like the cell voltages, temperature etc?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by munchies: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
Please I have a question
If an inverter does not have charging profile to charge lithium what other option is there to charge if there is no solar panel?

Someone is saying profile for AGM can still work to charge Lithium
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by opeyemioguns: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
Please which is the best between beebeejump solar and sun king in terms of cheapness and power output?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Johnchrix(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2023
opeyemioguns:
Please which is the best between beebeejump solar and sun king in terms of cheapness and power output?
Go for sun king Quality guaranteed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
opeyemioguns:

Chai
Both are waste
Beebee jump is 26A LifePO4.
Outrightly outrageous in price.
Over 250k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
I need a solar installer located in benin, and where can i get original jinko panels...anyone with a sure contact??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2023
kristien4:
I need a solar installer located in benin, and where can i get original jinko panels...anyone with a sure contact??

If you read this thread well you should be able to do it yourself. Especially the first 10 pages.
-you'll gain experience
-you'll do it better
-you'll save money

No knowledge is a waste. Even if you don't want to do it yourself, you'll know if the person is doing it right or wrong.

Before giving out any artisan in Nigeria work, be sure you know a little about the work to avoid stories that touch.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2023
munchies:
Please I have a question
If an inverter does not have charging profile to charge lithium what other option is there to charge if there is no solar panel?

Someone is saying profile for AGM can still work to charge Lithium

If you must, you have to use a reliable bms with correct cutoff volatge to stop charging/discharging at the right point.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
mank1234:

If you read this thread well you should be able to do it yourself. Especially the first 10 pages.
-you'll gain experience
-you'll do it better
-you'll save money

No knowledge is a waste. Even if you don't want to do it yourself, you'll know if the person is doing it right or wrong.

Before giving out any artisan in Nigeria work, be sure you know a little about the work to avoid stories that touch.
You're right.. i did the inverter installation/connection myself.. i want to add panels now. I read jinko panels are good..but it seems every seller in benin are focused on generic and fake Canadian panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 12:50am On Dec 14, 2023
omonla5:
Good morning guy, can I use my tubular battery during its automatic equalization?
Yes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 1:58am On Dec 14, 2023
Go to LG (Fouani) outlet at Sapele road or Country home road, opposite Stella Obasanjo hospital.. You can also order online from

https://www.fouanistore.com/ng/en/products/power-solutions

And it will be delivered to your house. I checked there website and I noticed the solar panels are out of stock. I will still advice you go to there outlet in Benin & check maybe they still have some in stock.

Kristien4

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:31am On Dec 14, 2023
kristien4:
In case you don't find in benin, am in warri and am available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 8:10am On Dec 14, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

In case you don't find in benin, am in warri and am available
drop contact..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2023
sintolord:
Go to LG (Fouani) outlet at Sapele road or Country home road, opposite Stella Obasanjo hospital.. You can also order online from

https://www.fouanistore.com/ng/en/products/power-solutions

And it will be delivered to your house. I checked there website and I noticed the solar panels are out of stock. I will still advice you go to there outlet in Benin & check maybe they still have some in stock.

Kristien4
just checked...dey dont have in stock.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:55am On Dec 14, 2023
ValtechEnergy lifepo4 lithium battery available

12v 104ah 1331kwh
12v 208ah 2662kwh

24v 104ah 2662kwh
24v 173ah 4428kwh
24v 208ah 5324kwh

48v 104ah 5324kwh
48v 173ah 8857kwh

we use brand new grade A cells with authentic QR code and proper capacity test done on all cells.
we couple with customised foreign metal box or high quality HDF wooden box Bluetooth bms, copper battery terminals, LED voltmeters, 125A circuit breakers e.t.c.

whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
durodee:
As a landlord, I WILL NEVER EVER ALLOW A TENANT TO PUT PANELS ON MY ROOF. I REPEAT:NEVER EVER. The chances of a mistake along the path of installation or removal is so high that the risk is not worth it. Ten years rent can barely reroof a building at current prices/value obtained.
When he/she builts then he/she can place on his/her roof.
I will however not obstruct any form of land based structure as long as you promise to ensure my building is back in shape when you leave.
I was a tenant twice, and each time I ensured I totally refurbished the building before leaving.
I have seen enough "professionals" in my discipline and in construction /engineering to know that mistake no get master! And the person with the short end of the rope is usually the owner.

Both buyer and seller can agree on certain things. As a tenant if I can't install solar panels on the location I'm moving into, it just voids the contract. No need for long meetings or something. I'll just move on. Nobody should bring up this issue AFTER packing in, it should be discussed BEFORE you even consider paying rent.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by casualobserver: 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
mctfopt:

Both buyer and seller can agree on certain things. As a tenant if I can't install solar panels on the location I'm moving into, it just voids the contract. No need for long meetings or something. I'll just move on. Nobody should bring up this issue AFTER packing in, it should be discussed BEFORE you even consider paying rent.

I would never advise any landlord to allow a tenant to install solar, talk less remove. Too much Incompetence and story telling in our environment.

Existing tenant no chance at all, if you don’t like move out. New tenant let them know before hand that solar on the roof is not allowed.

I won’t even allow a tenant who says he will leave it when he leaves. Nigerians are not honorable people. The same tenant that you bent over backwards will come with one story when it is time to pack out. Or he will remove it without you knowing and start with Nigerians’ favorite phrase…”sorry don’t be annoyed”.

It’s the quality of the installation/uninstallation plus the likely hood of honoring agreements… too many points of failure/damage/stress…...not worth the hassle.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
casualobserver:

I would never advise any landlord to allow a tenant to install solar, talk less remove. Too much Incompetence and story telling in our environment.

Existing tenant no chance at all, if you don’t like move out. New tenant let them know before hand that solar on the roof is not allowed.

I won’t even allow a tenant who says he will leave it when he leaves. Nigerians are not honorable people. The same tenant that you bent over backwards will come with one story when it is time to pack out. Or he will remove it without you knowing and start with Nigerians’ favorite phrase…”sorry don’t be annoyed”.

It’s the quality of the installation/uninstallation plus the likely hood of honoring agreements… too many points of failure/damage/stress…...not worth the hassle.

Well, that's just your recommendation. Fortunately, some landlords do allow for this. All of the tenants can't just wait till they are landlords to use renewable energy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by casualobserver: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2023
mctfopt:

Well, that's just your recommendation. Fortunately, some landlords do allow for this. All of the tenants can't just wait till they are landlords to use renewable energy.

There will always be landlords that will allow. I just stated my personal opinion and the risks.

While there are good tenants who do things the right way and are mindful of other peoples property, the majority of Nigerians are not. While there are some tenants who can afford the best professional installations, the majority will employ cowboys and quacks. The majority won’t even know the difference between a professional and a cowboy.

While having a tenant who is knowledgeable install solar on your roof is o e thing but how many Nigerian tenants know what the installer is really doing? I remember an installer here bragging about how he joins bare high voltage solar cables on the roof and tapes it. Like seriously? As a landlord I don’t want that kind of fire hazard on my roof. This is not to talk of potential for leaks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2023
mank1234:

-you'll gain experience
-you'll do it better
-you'll save money

Thanks for this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2023
kristien4:
You're right.. i did the inverter installation/connection myself.. i want to add panels now. I read jinko panels are good..but it seems every seller in benin are focused on generic and fake Canadian panels.

keep singing and looking for jinko panels, and someone would magically have for sale

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2023
casualobserver:

There will always be landlords that will allow. I just stated my personal opinion and the risks.

While there are good tenants who do things the right way and are mindful of other peoples property, the majority of Nigerians are not. While there are some tenants who can afford the best professional installations, the majority will employ cowboys and quacks. The majority won’t even know the difference between a professional and a cowboy.

While having a tenant who is knowledgeable install solar on your roof is o e thing but how many Nigerian tenants know what the installer is really doing? I remember an installer here bragging about how he joins bare high voltage solar cables on the roof and tapes it. Like seriously? As a landlord I don’t want that kind of fire hazard on my roof. This is not to talk of potential for leaks.

Names abeg. I want to check something

(1) (2) (3) ... (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) ... (1693) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m), Amador1, orkman(m), clementjava, dannybrasky(m), Bb007, kristien4(m), ceaser, Whytehandy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.