Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2061425 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) ... (1693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbeckky: 11:49am On Dec 24, 2023
Good morning fam.
Pls I need help from the experts in the house. Few months ago, my inverter (1.2kva) got damaged by thunder. We called the installer and he said the company doesn't have the board available as at then that we should buy sachet inverter pending when they'll have it. But we decided rather than buying a sachet inverter that we shud fix it elsewhere. But ever since we got this new board it has never worked well, if we put on the TV, it'll say overload, we can't do fan and TV concurrently, it'll be screaming overload. We have returned this inverter more than 3times for the guy to fix the issue yet nothing. This last time is even worst, we can't put on ordinary light, it's not powering anything at all. And now Alaba has closed till next year. Pls any idea what we can do because it's really frustrating me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
bbeckky:
Good morning fam.
Pls I need help from the experts in the house. Few months ago, my inverter (1.2kva) got damaged by thunder. We called the installer and he said the company doesn't have the board available as at then that we should buy sachet inverter pending when they'll have it. But we decided rather than buying a sachet inverter that we shud fix it elsewhere. But ever since we got this new board it has never worked well, if we put on the TV, it'll say overload, we can't do fan and TV concurrently, it'll be screaming overload. We have returned this inverter more than 3times for the guy to fix the issue yet nothing. This last time is even worst, we can't put on ordinary light, it's not powering anything at all. And now Alaba has closed till next year. Pls any idea what we can do because it's really frustrating me

Try another repair centre or go to Arena and get the inverter fixed. The guy you keep returning it to may actually not be doing anything to it or simply incapable of fixing this issue.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
bbeckky:
Good morning fam.

It is not a bad idea to have a satchet inverter, at least as a backup, while you work on fixing your main inverter. In this solar-inverter journey, you need to have extra of all the components that makes up your system because you don't want to get stranded in the middle of the night when a component fails.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
dollarnaira:

Here

Bros, you sure say dem no go move these your panels one day?

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ZIKEYBOY11: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
Good day everyone, please i need help from experts...

What are the options available (or the best way) for earthing an SPD located between the solar panels and the CC in a house with an existing earthing system.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2023
dollarnaira:

Here

Pls how did you mount the panels to the fence?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2023
Connect all SPD(AC & DC) to d earth bus bar. Connect bus bar to Ur 8ft earth rod
ZIKEYBOY11:
Good day everyone, please i need help from experts...

What are the options available (or the best way) for earthing an SPD located between the solar panels and the CC in a house with an existing earthing system.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ZIKEYBOY11: 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2023
Jefferyzz:
Connect all SPD(AC & DC) to d earth bus bar. Connect bus bar to Ur 8ft earth rod

Thanks, the existing earth rod is about 6ft I think, will that still work?

Also, some are of the opinion of having a separate earthing (bus bar + earth rod) for the DC SPD. What's your take on that ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
bbeckky:
Good morning fam.

He used a mismatched mosfet but working though. It will never perform well unless the exact number on the mosfet is used. There are mosfets that can be used interchangeably in other electronics devices but the practice seems not to work with inverters.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2023
dollarnaira:

Here
Ow long have u had this? What did u use to hold it to the fence as that wud make it easier/hard to steal?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
Can anyone recommend a good mppt controller that wont dig a hole in the pocket? The powmr seems scarce of recent. Is must/sunfield a good option or there are better alternatives? Budget is around 70k for a 45-60amp spec. Thanks 🙏

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 11:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
Same thought I had.

I just imagined installing mine on the fence and coming home from work to an empty hanger one day, it will be premium tears 😭😭😭.

odimbannamdi:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 6:20am On Dec 25, 2023
odimbannamdi:

2 years old
Location estate.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Allem(m): 7:50am On Dec 25, 2023
odimbannamdi has it contact him

Merry Christmas all.
Drgreatone:
Can anyone recommend a good mppt controller that wont dig a hole in the pocket? The powmr seems scarce of recent. Is must/sunfield a good option or there are better alternatives? Budget is around 70k for a 45-60amp spec. Thanks 🙏
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2023
Drgreatone:

Ow long have u had this? What did u use to hold it to the fence as that wud make it easier/hard to steal?

My neighbour's style is better

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 10:53am On Dec 25, 2023
Rain/wind wont bring it down?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 10:53am On Dec 25, 2023
Allem:
odimbannamdi has it contact him

Merry Christmas all.
Thanks, I already did but he said till next month
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2023
If ure using earth rod alone, d standard is 8ft. For the busbar, it's best in situations where u AV multiple earth cables to channel into Ur earth rod, eg my inverter AC input has earth port, This is connected to d bus bar, I use AC SPD for my AC output, thats connected to d busbar, DC SPD for my DC Input too is connected, most DB come with earth busbar. Single 8ft is expensive, I'll advice u get 2 4ft with d joiner. It's 4.5k each, joiner 1k
ZIKEYBOY11:

Thanks, the existing earth rod is about 6ft I think, will that still work?

Also, some are of the opinion of having a separate earthing (bus bar + earth rod) for the DC SPD. What's your take on that ?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbeckky: 11:24am On Dec 25, 2023
mctfopt:

Try another repair centre or go to Arena and get the inverter fixed. The guy you keep returning it to may actually not be doing anything to it or simply incapable of fixing this issue.
ok bro, thanks a lot. I'll try Arena
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbeckky: 11:27am On Dec 25, 2023
odimbannamdi:

It is not a bad idea to have a satchet inverter, at least as a backup, while you work on fixing your main inverter. In this solar-inverter journey, you need to have extra of all the components that makes up your system because you don't want to get stranded in the middle of the night when a component fails.
thanks bro but I heard sachet inverters can't be used with battery, only solar, though I haven't browsed about it because I wasn't really interested
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbeckky: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2023
dollarnaira:

He used a mismatched mosfet but working though. It will never perform well unless the exact number on the mosfet is used. There are mosfets that can be used interchangeably in other electronics devices but the practice seems not to work with inverters.
I guess this is what's happening here... Thanks bro, I'll look into this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 11:39am On Dec 25, 2023
bbeckky:
thanks bro but I heard sachet inverters can't be used with battery, only solar, though I haven't browsed about it because I wasn't really interested
They are actually just connected to the battery to provide AC current. They do not charge so u need an external charger which cud either be via solar or AC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2023
bbeckky:

That's a gross misconception, bro. Just as Drgreatone said, it only inverts, and it doesn't come with a charging function most times. But that is not a disadvantage as you can easily get an external charger that even charges your battery optimally compared to in-built charging function of most inverters. If your battery is hooked up to solar, you will even be fine.

Meanwhile, satchet inverters have the advantage of being very energy efficient. They consume less power to invert, so you will get more backup time from your batteries, compared to normal inverters.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2023
bbeckky:

I laughed and rolled on the floor with this. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Who told you this?
I had been on satchet inverter as Methuselah.
In fact I don't do inverters with inbuilt charging system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mikeayus(m): 8:36am On Dec 26, 2023
Please which do you think is better Powmr or Felicity MPPT Charge controllers?

mctfopt:

PowMr is a better controller compared with Yohako controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:45am On Dec 26, 2023
Update on 2 years with SolaX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw72Vr9EiCE

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 9:01am On Dec 26, 2023
dollarnaira:

It doesn't have to be the EXACT number of the manufacturer's mosfet. It can be same or more rated specifications.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:34am On Dec 26, 2023
ewizard1:

It doesn't have to be the EXACT number of the manufacturer's mosfet. It can be same or more rated specifications.

Baba it doesn't work well.
Experienced...
Especially psw inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 9:38am On Dec 26, 2023
dollarnaira:

Baba it doesn't work well.
Experienced...
Especially psw inverter.
Won't like to argue then.

But dyou think you can always get the EXACT model number of every inverter mosfet?

Do you repair inverters? Cos I do and have confirmed it many times. You don't just swap in mosfet because they look alike, you look up their specs. If it matches in rating, NOTHING wouldn't make it work.

That's why every single of these devices have something called DATASHEET.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:14am On Dec 26, 2023
ewizard1:

Won't like to argue then.

But dyou think you can always get the EXACT model number of every inverter mosfet?

Do you repair inverters? Cos I do and have confirmed it many times. You don't just swap in mosfet because they look alike, you look up their specs. If it matches in rating, NOTHING wouldn't make it work.

That's why every single of these devices have something called DATASHEET.

What am saying is it doesn't work with all inverters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) ... (1693) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dannybrasky(m), Xanderone, earthrealm(m), ewizard1, ojesymsym, Mcderu(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.