Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2051719 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:39am On Jan 16
twinskenny:
One of my client is having an issue with his setup:

1.5kva inverter
1 230A Tubular battery
4 solar panels
And 30A charge controller mppt

Now the system charge well and work for a week but after one week the system will switch off !! There is no much load on just a cctv camera setup!

Please what could be the problem !?

I assume the battery is 12v

We do not know solar panel capacity (how many watts) so we cannot say if it can charge the battery properly

We do not know the CCTV wattage drawn ( we need to calculate CCTV wattage x number of running hours)

We also need to subtract CCTV wattage drawn from the total wattage available from the inverter/battery combination

A 12-volt battery connected to a 1.5 kVA inverter can theoretically provide up to 1500 watts of power. But no inverter is 100% efficient so we may be looking at 1200 watts to 1400 watts continuously.

The answer may lie in solving the above mathematics.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dataking: 10:49am On Jan 16
I need a used 1kva or 1.5kva inverter if you have for sale kindly quote me.. must be 12v

Whatsapp: 08033sixone7four8nine
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:38am On Jan 16
twinskenny:

1.5kva inverter
1 230A Tubular battery
4 solar panels

Now the system charge well and work for a week but after one week the system will switch off !! There is no much load on just a cctv camera setup!

might be battery dropping too low...during periods of bad weather or bad charge controller permitting back-feeding of panels at night.......thus draining the battery.

is the system off grid?

how do you the system charges well?
whats the wattage of the cctv?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by projectandpages: 11:41am On Jan 16
Powerbox Pro (version2)!

• 2 years warranty
• 10 years Guaranteed

•1kVA, 1kWh lithium-ion storage 🔋 + 2 solar panels 🔅

Get our latest award-winning complete home and office solar power solution.

Experience true peace!

Price: #440,000

http://powerbox.com.ng

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by clevermugu: 11:55am On Jan 16
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16
twinskenny:

1.5kva inverter
1 230A Tubular battery
4 solar panels

How many watt solar panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16
dataking:
I need a used 1kva or 1.5kva inverter if you have for sale kindly quote me.. must be 12v

Whatsapp: 08033sixone7four8nine
I have luminous hybrid inverter 12v

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16
earthrealm:

might be battery dropping too low...during periods of bad weather or bad charge controller permitting back-feeding of panels at night.......thus draining the battery.

is the system off grid?

The system is off grid

The total wattage is less than 60

On the charge controller we are getting 13.5v during in the afternoon
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16
Obnoxious2001:

How many watt solar panels

Panels are 200watts
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16
earthrealm:

is the system off grid?

But it’s usually work for a full week before going off
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16
FEGEITOK:

I assume the battery is 12v

We do not know solar panel capacity (how many watts) so we cannot say if it can charge the battery properly

We do not know the CCTV wattage drawn ( we need to calculate CCTV wattage x number of running hours)

We also need to subtract CCTV wattage drawn from the total wattage available from the inverter/battery combination

A 12-volt battery connected to a 1.5 kVA inverter can theoretically provide up to 1500 watts of power. But no inverter is 100% efficient so we may be looking at 1200 watts to 1400 watts continuously.

The answer may lie in solving the above mathematics.

Thank you chief the total wattage is less than 60watts for the cctv.. nothing else is connected..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 3:22pm On Jan 16
CooldipoMPS:
Elders on here, please don't hesistate to recommend us, we wont let you down! +234806.531.6307

Let your past and present clients do the recommendations. We wey be forum readers don't have necessary knowledge to do recommendations, abi you think say a couple of message screenshots would do ? Last I checked, anyone could manufacture do those

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 3:26pm On Jan 16
Valentinooo:

Get a ladder, mopping stick, bucket of water and clean it. You will see it bounce back. Mine has dropped performance by almost half this period.

Nice suggestion.

For mine, due to height of the building. I wired a water hose permanently there. All I need do is turnOn the tap and it would flow and do the washing for me. Dust fit cover the face (especially during harmattan season) so tey output go over drop.

Another thing is, sometimes, those [black] cables/wires do get brittle / weak (and cuts inside) due to weather conditions on them, this often happens mostly around joins where you connects the wire that extends to the building. So I suggest you first clean the panels, and if you still don't see as much improvement as you expected, check the joins of the wires, dem fit don weak and cut inside so tey 50 strands don turn 12 strands.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 3:30pm On Jan 16
Enjoy your new upgraded battery. What was happening before was, the cells were not balanced. One cell could be fully charged while another cell could be 50% charged. When you start discharging, once the cell that probably was 50% charged is discharged to 10%, the BMS will shutdown to protect that cell. Mind you, other cells are still probably 50, 60 or 70% charged. This scenario above is why you were unable to fully charge or discharge your battery to 10%. This is where the battery balancer comes in & correct the voltage difference between the battery cells

Moneyboyz:

Bro I wanna say thank you.

I followed your advise, unpacked the box and installed a balancer and now the battery pack is as good as new.

It doesn't go off anymore and all through the night I only use about 25 percent of its power compared to how it drains battery and goes off before.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 3:33pm On Jan 16
isangjohnson:

Powmr or Felicity charge controller is budget friendly.
If you have money, go for Jinko panel.
2.5kva inverter would have been better for you, at least to power your freezer during the day.

...but can never give optimal satisfaction + value
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16
twinskenny:

But it’s usually work for a full week before going off

whosoever is there when it goes off...shud note the battery voltage immediately it goes off.

so if it goes off..and then the inverter is restarted immediately...it comes on and continues powering the load?...does it go off at night or during the day?. is it a remote location?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:42pm On Jan 16
2pcs of 17.5kwh felicity lithium batteries and 1pcs of 6kva 48v Growatt hybrid inverter ready for delivery to Calabar. Thank you Mr Brownson for the constant patronage, God bless you!!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:44pm On Jan 16
4pcs of 300w Africel solar panels, 2pcs of 220Ah ozoro tubular batteries, 1pcs of 5kva 24v Yohako inverter, 1pcs of 60A mppt charge controller etc ready for delivery to Warri.. thank you sir emperor for the constant patronage. God bless you

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:47pm On Jan 16
2pcs of 10kwh 48v felicity lithium batteries, and 10pcs of 600w Africel solar panels ready for delivery to Benin.. all thanks to my boss sir Bryan for the patronage, God bless you.

Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 8:01pm On Jan 16
obinna37:
I have luminous hybrid inverter 12v
how much?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 8:29pm On Jan 16
netotse:

how much?

Wow - a blast from the past. How are you doing?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 8:49pm On Jan 16
netotse:

how much?60k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 9:29pm On Jan 16
Two possibilities: undercharged or overcharged battery. When the system switches off will let you know. If at night; low voltage be that. If during the day, high voltage from the battery triggered an overvoltage disconnect in the inverter.
Part of that is if the Cc is just overcharging!!
twinskenny:

1.5kva inverter
1 230A Tubular battery
4 solar panels

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OgaTheTop2: 12:32am On Jan 17
Hi all. I have a 4000w inverter and two 12v 220Ah tubular batteries. I will like to to have a solution to power with solar panels or with Nepa. How do I go about this and what athe things to put in place?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:22am On Jan 17
twinskenny:

Thank you chief the total wattage is less than 60watts for the cctv.. nothing else is connected..

What is the voltage reading at cut-off?

Sabotage suspected!

Set up CCTV to monitor the inverter set-up itself and not just the compound.

Does the inverter record to the cloud? Review footage.

Something is not right.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:46am On Jan 17
twinskenny:

Panels are 200watts

Go up your roof and inspect your panels, chances are some of your diode might have blown out.

You can't easily troubleshoot this on ground.
Try reading the Voc of the panel.
What make of Mppt is it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 11:30am On Jan 17
OgaTheTop2:
Hi all. I have a 4000w inverter and two 12v 220Ah tubular batteries. I will like to to have a solution to power with solar panels or with Nepa. How do I go about this and what athe things to put in place?
What's your 4000w Inverter voltage?
What size of load are you powering? For how long?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OgaTheTop2: 12:01pm On Jan 17
ewizard1:

What's your 4000w Inverter voltage?
What size of load are you powering? For how long?
DC 24V to AC 220V 230V 240V.

Want to power 80" Tv, fan, charge phones... Minimum of 12hours, 24hrs standby will be desired. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 12:26pm On Jan 17
OgaTheTop2:
DC 24V to AC 220V 230V 240V.

Want to power 80" Tv, fan, charge phones... Minimum of 12hours, 24hrs standby will be desired. Thanks.
Your 12hrs spans from to when to when?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17
1.5kva 24v inverter needed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bgee77: 1:47pm On Jan 17
Please house is there anybody that can help to import this product.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.