Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2072182 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:46pm On Jan 20
kristien4:
Lol... i just did the Eco mode settings now. Maybe that will help too. Yeah im aware, hence i connected powmr battery balancer to the series. Got the inverter at a slashed price on konga, and i just felt 4 batteries will be very sufficient, as in, run for long hours.. immediately i switch to inverter battery goes from 51.5v to 49v. Without much load. My total night load is around 378w according to the inverter reading. My load small, but e no dey last.. when i ee people mentioning 12hrs, 18hrs... it sound like exaggeration.
If you were able to read previous pages, you would have been able to manage and get things right in your system without asking these questions. I read about 900 pages starting from page 1 when I came here new.
You may not be able to get 11 hours from the 378w loads you claimed on your genus tubular battery due to many factors.
1. The stated 230ah may be 190ah in reality.
2. The 378w you saw on the inverter screen might be wrong and you may be surprised to see about 400w or more if you put clamp meter or use a good battery monitoring device like Victron Smart BMV.
I used genus 230ah tubular batteries (4 pcs) for a year before selling them early last year and switched over to lithium. The person I sold them to is still very happy with the performance. As I was babysitting the batteries, I derated the 230ah to about 180ah and drop my night loads usage to 150w. The deepest discharge I've ever had through out that period was 30% and putting the 30% back to 100% the following day was very easy for me, probably by 12 noon my battery was fully charged.
You should also understand the elastic nature of tubular batteries (sagging). Dropping from 51.5v to 49v within a short period of time with small loads is normal and it would stay longer at 49v before hitting 48v depending on the loads.
Once you master your system irrespective of how small it's, you would have nothing to worry about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:46pm On Jan 20
mikeayus:
Hello Everyone, Please i need advise on getting 100A MPPT charge controller.

Getting Powmr has been scarce, I am considering Growatt over Felicity as Felicity is now way expensive compared to the Price of Growatt.

I would appreciate tips from any one who has an idea of Growatt brands.

Regards

There is a seller on jiji
90k for the old model powmr and 100k or so for the new model.
Nigeria is gone...powmr of 60k b4
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:19pm On Jan 20
MohdSadiq:
Please house, does anybody know about or has experience with this product
I've some that I'm planning to install soon. I'll drop review at the end of the month.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 10:29pm On Jan 20
mikeayus:
Hello Everyone, Please i need advise on getting 100A MPPT charge controller.

Getting Powmr has been scarce, I am considering Growatt over Felicity as Felicity is now way expensive compared to the Price of Growatt.

I would appreciate tips from any one who has an idea of Growatt brands.

Regards
Ive used growatt..
Its a beautiful experience. Super stuff.
How much did u see the growatt 100amps??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 10:36pm On Jan 20
isangjohnson:

If you were able to read previous pages, you would have been able to manage and get things right in your system without asking these questions. I read about 900 pages starting from page 1 when I came here new.
You may not be able to get 11 hours from the 378w loads you claimed on your genus tubular battery due to many factors.
1. The stated 230ah may be 190ah in reality.
2. The 378w you saw on the inverter screen might be wrong and you may be surprised to see about 400w or more if you put clamp meter or use a good battery monitoring device like Victron Smart BMV.
I used genus 230ah tubular batteries (4 pcs) for a year before selling them early last year and switched over to lithium. The person I sold them to is still very happy with the performance. As I was babysitting the batteries, I derated the 230ah to about 180ah and drop my night loads usage to 150w. The deepest discharge I've ever had through out that period was 30% and putting the 30% back to 100% the following day was very easy for me, probably by 12 noon my battery was fully charged.
You should also understand the elastic nature of tubular batteries (sagging). Dropping from 51.5v to 49v within a short period of time with small loads is normal and it would stay longer at 49v before hitting 48v depending on the loads.
Once you master your system irrespective of how small it's, you would have nothing to worry about.

thanks for the headsup. Lemme go do my 900pages..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 11:38pm On Jan 20
kristien4:
thanks for the headsup. Lemme go do my 900pages..
lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mikeayus(m): 8:02am On Jan 21
kristien4:
Ive used growatt..
Its a beautiful experience. Super stuff.
How much did u see the growatt 100amps??

Gennex Technologies are selling it for ₦224,500 and i have been seeing Felicity 100amps for 290k/300k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:51am On Jan 21
mikeayus:

Gennex Technologies are selling it for ₦224,500 and i have been seeing Felicity 100amps for 290k/300k

Ignore Felicity CC, as 310k-355k can get you 80A Fangpusun Flexmax depending on your source.

Below is a user review about the growatt CC from signaturesolarDOTcom

My es5000 inverter was maxed out on solar so I added this. Setup was very similar to my inverters. Device wasn’t too heavy so mounting it myself was easy enough. No issues after 1 month, device has been working great.

1 minor complaint is that I can’t see the individual mppt’s outputs, just total.
The other complaint is that this device isn’t supported by solar assistant (not Growatt fault, but something to keep in mind)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 2:41pm On Jan 21
TechGeek777:

Ignore Felicity CC, as 310k-355k can get you 80A Fangpusun Flexmax depending on your source.

Below is a user review about the growatt CC from signaturesolarDOTcom

My es5000 inverter was maxed out on solar so I added this. Setup was very similar to my inverters. Device wasn’t too heavy so mounting it myself was easy enough. No issues after 1 month, device has been working great.

1 minor complaint is that I can’t see the individual mppt’s outputs, just total.
The other complaint is that this device isn’t supported by solar assistant (not Growatt fault, but something to keep in mind)

The Felicity Charge Controllers are quiet good actually. It is lithium-friendly and appears to be durable. Yes, you can not see how much you generated at the end of the day, but that is a minor annoyance. It works with MPP Solar's MPPTracker and other python programmes to read the data. The picture below is the reading of my 2 Felicity Charge Controllers (FCC1 and FCC2) showing the instantaneous power, current and accumulated yield/day.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:06pm On Jan 21
adrusa:

The Felicity Charge Controllers are quiet good actually. It is lithium-friendly and appears to be durable. Yes, you can not see how much you generated at the end of the day, but that is a minor annoyance. It works with MPP Solar's MPPTracker and other python programmes to read the data. The picture below is the reading of my 2 Felicity Charge Controllers (FCC1 and FCC2) showing the instantaneous power, current and accumulated yield/day.

Nice, in the first bolded above you said daily generated wattage is invisible, and the second bolded you said it shows the accumulated yield per day.

Please are both statement not the same thing?

Can you please explain more?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 6:14pm On Jan 21
Original or fakes pls?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GuestJoe: 6:52pm On Jan 21
Debroslink:

What brand is your fan please?

Go and buy SPL fans. They are 17watts and they are good too. Ask your solar installer about SPL fans.

They have ceiling fans too that are energy friendly and efficient

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by diabeticdeals: 7:26pm On Jan 21
Don't do it.
EduTechTainMent:
Original or fakes pls?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 7:43pm On Jan 21
diabeticdeals:
Don't do it.

Thanks. What are the red flags you noticed pls?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by diabeticdeals: 7:52pm On Jan 21
The sticker is a giveaway.

Just go for Jinko or Ying Li or something better. This Canadian has been seriously adulterated.
EduTechTainMent:

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:32pm On Jan 21
TechGeek777:

Nice, in the first bolded above you said daily generated wattage is invisible, and the second bolded you said it shows the accumulated yield per day.

Please are both statement not the same thing?

Can you please explain more?

Yes, both statements are correct. The charge controller itself does not show accumulated KWh, but when you use the available python codes to monitor the controller, you can generate the accumulated Kwh. That is what I'm doing. Once you can monitor the instantaneous power, you can programmatically generate accumulated energy.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:58pm On Jan 21
adrusa:

Yes, both statements are correct. The charge controller itself does not show accumulated KWh, but when you use the available python codes to monitor the controller, you can generate the accumulated Kwh. That is what I'm doing. Once you can monitor the instantaneous power, you can programmatically generate accumulated energy.

Very clear as ABC. Can this python script also generate daily harvest or instantaneous production for CC like PowMr or Techfine?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21
The sticker looks original. Use multimeter to check d amp wen sun is out. It looks like a used panel. Aw much is it.
EduTechTainMent:
Original or fakes pls?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21
EduTechTainMent:

If you must buy get it from Gennex Technologies in Lekki, they sell Canadian and Jinko solar panels i gt mine from them with peace of mind and they are performing well.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 10:37pm On Jan 21
GuestJoe:

Go and buy SPL fans. They are 17watts and they are good too. Ask your solar installer about SPL fans.

They have ceiling fans too that are energy friendly and efficient

Care to share a picture of the product please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 11:05pm On Jan 21
alosbaba007:

If you must buy get it from Gennex Technologies in Lekki, they sell Canadian and Jinko solar panels i gt mine from them with peace of mind and they are performing well.

Do you mind sharing the size of your pv & brand of inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 6:06am On Jan 22
Jefferyzz:
The sticker looks original. Use multimeter to check d amp wen sun is out. It looks like a used panel. Aw much is it.

Yes it does. But one can never be too careful and one never knows it all.

It's a used panel quite alright.

Asking price of 55k.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 6:07am On Jan 22
alosbaba007:

Thanks but I don't stay even close to Lagos. I am thousands of kilometres away from Lagos.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:47am On Jan 22
kiekie1:
DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES AVAILABLE!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Indo 220Ah tub - ..........240K
Quanta tub - ................ 270k
Quanta SMF battery .... 325k

Standard product warranty applies !

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Available...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:48am On Jan 22
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:44am On Jan 22
The sticker looks okay.
This looks like a 250W, I want to believe it is original, I do not see why sellers would want to fake a 250W panel when a lot of people now prefer 450W and above.
I am also guessing that this is not a new panel.
EduTechTainMent:
Original or fakes pls?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 10:53am On Jan 22
TechGeek777:

Do you mind sharing the size of your pv & brand of inverter?

My inverter is an hybrid Axpert 4kva 48v system

6 pieces of Jinko 475w panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 11:11am On Jan 22
alosbaba007:

My inverter is an hybrid Axpert 4kva 48v system

6 pieces of Jinko 475w panels

Nice, I believe this to be iPowerPlus right?

At what time of the day did you take the picture?

I want to setup exactly same.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by macbeyland(m): 11:58am On Jan 22
Good afternoon guys. Please between felicity 5KV hybrid inverter and Growatt 5KV hybrid inverter, which is advisable to go for and reason?

Which reliable source can I get the recommended?

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22
Growatt
Fouani
macbeyland:
Good afternoon guys. Please between felicity 5KV hybrid inverter and Growatt 5KV hybrid inverter, which is advisable to go for and reason?

Which reliable source can I get the recommended?

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22
TechGeek777:

Nice, I believe this to be iPowerPlus right?

At what time of the day did you take the picture?

I want to setup exactly same.

Its an Axpert MKS Hybrid inverter system, i took those pictures some minutes past 1pm.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 1:00pm On Jan 22
alosbaba007:

Its an Axpert MKS Hybrid inverter system, i took those pictures some minutes past 1pm.

Looks similar to mine. Mine is SRNE

(1) (2) (3) ... (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.