Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2099487 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) ... (1715) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:27pm On Jan 26
JoeSef0:
Thanks for the input everyone.
After charging the battery well with AC and PV...
I finally turned of NEPA and run the freezer... It powered it and when the load settled. I turned on all the other loads and the total was just 11-13% load. Out of the total 2kva. So i think everything is good now

Your installation is fine.
Assuming it was lithium u wont v issues with it as much as lead acid. 12v is not bad as most ppu rumoured. My full appliances run on a single 12v. Though I won't try such on 12v lead acid na untimely death b dat. grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dannytwix(m): 2:34pm On Jan 26
isangjohnson:

I don't really understand what you intend to pair together.
Please that inverter is too big for 10kwh lithium battery unless you intend to go for two units.
For the first question, the answer is yes.

The second question does not have direct answer because no one here knows the quality of cells Felicity used in building that system. Correct answer may be given based on theoretical calculation but you may see wrong answer on application because of the condition of unbalanced cell who usually decide what happens to whole pack.
Thanks for this reply, I’m gradually getting the picture. A 5kva inverter should be able to power a chest freezer and inverter AC simultaneously with that battery capacity right?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:56pm On Jan 26
JoeSef0:
Thanks for the input everyone.
After charging the battery well with AC and PV...
I finally turned of NEPA and run the freezer... It powered it and when the load settled. I turned on all the other loads and the total was just 11-13% load. Out of the total 2kva. So i think everything is good now

What is your PV capacity?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rmoloruntoba: 4:35pm On Jan 26
Pls, can this inverter give me rest of mind

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rmoloruntoba: 4:46pm On Jan 26
Pls, does this iron what buying and worth using on this inverter

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 5:56pm On Jan 26
80a built in with the inverter. It's an hybrid one
TechGeek777:

What is your PV capacity?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 5:57pm On Jan 26
It's a DC pressing iron
It's to be connected directly to the battery not inverter
rmoloruntoba:
Pls, does this iron what buying and worth using on this inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:03pm On Jan 26
dollarnaira:

Not true
Points above
Boss, I made that statement based on confirmed information/analysis.
1. The price of that battery should fall in the range of 230k to 260k and we know the price of original lead acid battery. If he's to carry out the capacity test of that battery, he won't not get the true capacity of 240ah. I can bet you that your 12v 100ah LFP battery will handle heavy loads better than the 12v 240ah Xtra tubular battery.
2. He dropped that information in the morning which I new his battery may have been 65% or thereabouts. So powering that load on the battery that time plus the uncertainty of the battery capacity wasn't a good idea, hence the reason pv should handle the job during the day.
Don't forget that tubular battery performs very well when it's fully charged and saturated otherwise the sagging nature would be very obvious and that was what the guy also experienced.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:34pm On Jan 26
dannytwix:
Thanks for this reply, I’m gradually getting the picture. A 5kva inverter should be able to power a chest freezer and inverter AC simultaneously with that battery capacity right?
Yes Sir

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 8:09pm On Jan 26
JoeSef0:
80a built in with the inverter. It's an hybrid one

What is the size of the solar panels installed and in what configuration?

How much did you get the inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 8:13pm On Jan 26
3* 300w africell mono panel
bbally:

What is the size of the solar panels installed?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 8:15pm On Jan 26
JoeSef0:

Series or parallel connection?
How much is the inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 8:22pm On Jan 26
Parallel
Thr inverter should be around 200k+
bbally:

Series or parallel connection?
How much is the inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 8:24pm On Jan 26
JoeSef0:
Good day boses
I just installed this 12v 2kva Sms sunmate Hybrid inverter. Owner has a cheat freezer of 105w. My concern now is, the inverter couldn't power the freezer even while all other loads are off.
I know freezer has an higher startup current, i just thought the 2kva will be enough to power it.

My question is, what size of inverter will be recomendable for that size of freezer?

Use something like a 6mm cable between battery and inverter and don’t let it be a long distance and let every point be well tightened
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 8:28pm On Jan 26
JoeSef0:
Parallel

Thanks for the information and I believe the mppt inside the hybrid inverter is performing very well.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 8:46pm On Jan 26
Yes
And the screen on it is very detailed, you can get almost all info on the screen.
bbally:

Thanks for the information and I believe the mppt inside the hybrid inverter is performing very well.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:50pm On Jan 26
JoeSef0:
Just installed if for someone yesterday. This is my first using it also. Customer wanted a 2kva inverter on 12v, the sms inverter was the only one i could find in the market. I was gonna go for kartel 2kva 12v inverter. But i could only find the 24v in the market..

Are you the one that installed this inverter for customer?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26
Hello..can someone help me clear my doubts. I have 3 580w solar panel connected in parallel.. each panel is rated 13amps... thats 39amps. But my pv current shows 12amps and battery charging current 33amps. Isnt the pv current supposed to be higher than 12amps ,. And how does a pv produce 12amp and battery is being charged with 33amps...?? Please help me understand

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:54pm On Jan 26
kristien4:
Hello..can someone help me clear my doubts. I have 3 580w solar panel connected in parallel.. each panel is rated 13amps... thats 39amps. But my pv current shows 12amps and battery charging current 33amps. Isnt the pv current supposed to be higher than 12amps ,. And how does a pv produce 12amp and battery is being charged with 33amps...?? Please help me understand

You need clamp meter for accuracy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 10:05pm On Jan 26
JoeSef0:
Parallel
Using a parallel connection wont allow u enjoy the inverter, its minimum mppt voltage is 30v. Connecting it in series would give u better voltage and u wud be using a smaller wire guage as the current wud be reduced.
Glad ur feeezer worked on it. I just got same set up and even though by battery sagged to like 11.4 when i put on the freezer, it picked up at once. Mine is even bigger, it's the 310l size and load was around 140w on the inverter.
U also need to change the wire btw inverter and battery, the manual suggest using a 22mm guage wire for which i used a 25mm for mine. Wud av used up to 35mm but didnt get around.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:06pm On Jan 26
It's d freezers surge that's making ur inverter think the battery is low, put it on wen sun comes out bright u will see it won't put out ur AC output, do it again wen d sun goes down n u will see d problem again.
JoeSef0:
Yes
And the screen on it is very detailed, you can get almost all info on the screen.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26
Wats ur inverter max input current though
kristien4:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 10:32pm On Jan 26
Hello
Please I need 24v 104ah or 105ah lithium battery. Grade A cells pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 11:24pm On Jan 26
Jefferyzz:
Wats ur inverter max input current though
its an external charge controller.. growatt. 120amps.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 11:34pm On Jan 26
dollarnaira:

You need clamp meter for accuracy.
Checked a tool shop, it was 50k.. i just felt maybe i dnt really need it. Felt i misunderstood the display info on the charge controller..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 5:03am On Jan 27
You can install this between your panels and charge controller to no the input amps. It's 10k or so
kristien4:
Checked a tool shop, it was 50k.. i just felt maybe i dnt really need it. Felt i misunderstood the display info on the charge controller..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:35am On Jan 27
isangjohnson:

Boss, I made that statement based on confirmed information/analysis.
1. The price of that battery should fall in the range of 230k to 260k and we know the price of original lead acid battery. If he's to carry out the capacity test of that battery, he won't not get the true capacity of 240ah. I can bet you that your 12v 100ah LFP battery will handle heavy loads better than the 12v 240ah Xtra tubular battery.
2. He dropped that information in the morning which I new his battery may have been 65% or thereabouts. So powering that load on the battery that time plus the uncertainty of the battery capacity wasn't a good idea, hence the reason pv should handle the job during the day.
Don't forget that tubular battery performs very well when it's fully charged and saturated otherwise the sagging nature would be very obvious and that was what the guy also experienced.
You would have stated battery type.
Lead acid no fit handle surge unless in numbers. If it is not lithium it not....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:51am On Jan 27
JoeSef0:
Is 2023 written on the black box?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 10:20am On Jan 27
dollarnaira:

Your installation is fine.
Assuming it was lithium u wont v issues with it as much as lead acid. 12v is not bad as most ppu rumoured. My full appliances run on a single 12v. Though I won't try such on 12v lead acid na untimely death b dat. grin grin grin
You don't compare a 12v LA to a 12 Lithium.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 10:21am On Jan 27
rmoloruntoba:
Pls, can this inverter give me rest of mind
It depends of your own view as "Rest of mind"
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:02am On Jan 27
ewizard1:

You don't compare a 12v LA to a 12 Lithium.
No vex
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 11:47am On Jan 27
Yes
dollarnaira:

Is 2023 written on the black box?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) ... (1715) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Chikach, kristien4(m), dadoctore(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.