Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2061616 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) ... (1693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 10:48pm On Feb 04
isangjohnson:

From what I noticed in your statements here, you're working on tide budget.
If possible, let us know the tv inches/watt. Laptop watt, fan watt (is it only one?), Lighting points, how many and watt of each bulbs?
If your load is small, I will give you a good solar generator with lifepo4 battery attached to smart bms at affordable price depending on the capacity.
If we see know your loads, we would know the system capacity you should go for.
Boss i dy feel u jare.
For me.
I have a 55in tv like 10 energy saver bulbs, washing machine, inverter Fridge. Like 3 dc fans.
Have a 1.5kva 24v setup. 60amps mptt controller, 5x300wtts panel.

I want to go totally off grid. What do u advise I upgrade?
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:18pm On Feb 04
zeestone99:
Available now

Bluecarbon 5kwh 24v lithium battery - 1.35m

Dm to order

Call/chat - 0811seven398294

SOLD
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:21pm On Feb 04
emmaniche:

Boss i dy feel u jare.
For me.
I have a 55in tv like 10 energy saver bulbs, washing machine, inverter Fridge. Like 3 dc fans.
Have a 1.5kva 24v setup. 60amps mptt controller, 5x300wtts panel.

I want to go totally off grid. What do u advise I upgrade?
Thanks.

3.5kva inverter. This will handle your loads without stressing ur inverter or hitting close to the max power rating.
I really don't know how to advice you on a tight budget, I will suggest you take your time and upgrade slowly, maybe one item at a time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 11:26pm On Feb 04
zeestone99:

3.5kva inverter. This will handle your loads without stressing ur inverter or hitting close to the max power rating.
I really don't know how to advice you on a tight budget, I will suggest you take your time and upgrade slowly, maybe one item at a time.

Boss. Thanks.
Sud I upgarde the inverter or add more solar panels.
My mind is kind of set on upgrading the solar panels and later add 3.5kva inverter 48v.
Whats ur take?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:59pm On Feb 04
emmaniche:

Boss. Thanks.
My mind is kind of set on upgrading the solar panels and later add 3.5kva inverter 48v.
Whats ur take?

If your current inverter powers your load conveniently, Upgrade your panels, add additional controller if d existing one is full. You need more power, at least u get more power during the day and can manage ur existing batteries at night. Upgrade your inverter and battery next.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 12:05am On Feb 05
zeestone99:

If your current inverter powers your load conveniently, Upgrade your panels, add additional controller if d existing one is full. You need more power, at least u get more power during the day and can manage ur existing batteries at night. Upgrade your inverter and battery next.
Am thinking of adding 400wx4 to make about 2700w. Ok for a start?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Theflint1(m): 12:22am On Feb 05
Hello house, looking to get an inverter, stuck between the 24V 3KWH Growatt, 24V 3KWH tbb and the 24V 3.3KWH SRNE.

Based on personal experience, which of these three is recommended?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 1:42am On Feb 05
emmaniche:

Am thinking of adding 400wx4 to make about 2700w. Ok for a start?

Yes gud. Get a controller that can take them too.

Call/chat 08117398294 for more info and supplies
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 1:51am On Feb 05
zeestone99:

Yes gud. Get a controller that can take them too.

Call/chat 08117398294 for more info and supplies
Currently clocking 18amps at max on my 60amps mppt controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 2:23am On Feb 05
Theflint1:
Hello house, looking to get an inverter, stuck between the 24V 3KWH Growatt, 24V 3KWH tbb and the 24V 3.3KWH SRNE.

Based on personal experience, which of these three is recommended?
TBB

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:14am On Feb 05
vaca1:
Don't know all these terms oo. Lol

I have lg tv 43"
I can get the spl fan. One is okay
A laptop and 2 phones
3bulbs

Don't know much about wattage.

I read here about setting tv to Eco mode
Spl fan = 17 Watt
Bulb = 5 Watt can serve? I need just 3

Something that can last up to 12hrs and durable.

Thanks

How much is it and can you drop your contact

You have about 149w total loads from what you listed above.
An average laptop consumed about 40w.
Tv 45w with eco mode.
Two phones 32w.
Three bulbs 15w.
Fan 17w.
If you can manage your loads by not putting on everything at the same time, then I can couple 100ah 12v lifepo4 battery with a smart bms and voltmeter/battery terminals, 500w 12v hybrid inverter with two pcs of 180w panels in HDF wooden box for you.
The panel capacity is small though but you can manage it till you have money to add another one.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:58am On Feb 05
What max wattage does ur panels generate. What kind of battery do you have.
emmaniche:

Boss. Thanks.
Whats ur take?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 9:11am On Feb 05
18a is to poor for 5 300w o. I no the sun these past few days is not as bright as b4 but my 3 330w panels give 20-23a at the moment
emmaniche:

Currently clocking 18amps at max on my 60amps mppt controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vaca1: 9:21am On Feb 05
isangjohnson:

You have about 149w total loads from what you listed above.
An average laptop consumed about 40w.
Tv 45w with eco mode.
Two phones 32w.
Three bulbs 15w.
Fan 17w.
If you can manage your loads by not putting on everything at the same time, then I can couple 100ah 12v lifepo4 battery with a smart bms and voltmeter/battery terminals, 500w 12v hybrid inverter with two pcs of 180w panels in HDF wooden box for you.
The panel capacity is small though but you can manage it till you have money to add another one.

Ok. Like how much will it cost
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:55am On Feb 05
JoeSef0:
I later did some troubleshooting about this issue and I discovered this only occur when the solar panels are connected. If i turn of the solar breaker this series issue doesn't occur, but when i turn it on back it occur again.
The inverter is an Hybrid inverter so the solar is connected to it.
I can't say the power coming from the solar is too much cos they are just 3* 300w 36v solar panels.
I've tried contacting the technician at SMS sunmate inverter, I'm yet to get a positive feedback from them. The only solution i have at hand now is to result to an external charge controller which is something I don't wanna do. But it's looking like i don't have much choice here.

Seems like a grounding issue.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 11:59am On Feb 05
Who has used or is using a MUST hybrid inverter? What's the experience like? I want to recommend them for someone

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:03pm On Feb 05
Valentinooo:
Who has used or is using a MUST hybrid inverter? What's the experience like? I want to recommend them for someone

I've seen it used somewhere and they claim it works well.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 12:08pm On Feb 05
Trippledots:

I've seen it used somewhere and they claim it works well.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:26pm On Feb 05
Solar panels still available
Direct from container, Non relabelled 245w used poly panels are available. #54k

245w used half-cut, mono panels #60k

300w used, mono panels also available for #77k

Original 460w new, half-cut mono panels #135k

Original new Jinko 550w available for #150k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 1:30pm On Feb 05
Buy a Motor Soft Starter from AliExpress. This product will help clamp down the surge from your submersible pump. I use 3kw Felicity hybrid inverter to power my 1.5kw submersible pump once in a while. It's advisable to use it on a good sunny day & your inverter will detect no surge. If you must use it at other times in the day, make sure your battery cables are 50mm2 & above. If it is 35mm2 you may see 0.5 - 0.7% surge. Also make sure your AC cables connected to your pump are genuine & adequately sized to carry the load.

If interested, I will suggest you buy SSR-40WA-R1 (1.5kw). See second picture on how to determine which size of motor soft starter to buy.

durodee:
Yes. But it will be showing a red warning light and beeping to show that it has been maxed out. So I DON'T routinely use it for that purpose. Few times I had used it to pump was in emergencies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 2:42pm On Feb 05
Jefferyzz:
What max wattage does ur panels generate. What kind of battery do you have.

i have luminous 150amhs 12v batteries (2).
generate between 12 to 18amps at peak periods.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AstrumEnergy: 3:09pm On Feb 05
[quote author=vaca1 post=128278199]My people i don see shege .
No light for 2 months.
I am a struggling mum and just wanna keep my kids happy.

I want a solar for

TV
Phones
Laptop
Fan
Light

I need something that won't give me problems and would last long.
I stay in ENUGU.
Pls recommend a good one as I don't want to make a mistake.
My hard earned moneyooo.
Thanks

Scammers stay off.
I work in 82 division command as an intern.
If you know you know
Good day ma, I live in Enugu and I can recommend Astrum Energy Solutions.
Get High Quality Products,
Excellent Designs & Installation
Installment Payment Option.
Great After-sales Service
Longer Warranty.

08168812642, 08178608125

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AstrumEnergy: 3:18pm On Feb 05
Good day ma, I live in Enugu and I can recommend Astrum Energy Solutions.
Get High Quality Products,
Excellent Designs & Installation
Installment Payment Option.
Great After-sales Service
Longer Warranty.

08168812642, 08178608125

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 4:39pm On Feb 05
Good day all.
please is it compulsory to connect double cable from pannel to this Charge control because both positive and negate has two port each

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 4:40pm On Feb 05
Earth wire? Or whatever it's called
Trippledots:

Seems like a grounding issue.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 5:16pm On Feb 05
If ur cable size fit 1 hole no problem den
abbeymighty:
Good day all.
please is it compulsory to connect double cable from pannel to this Charge control because both positive and negate has two port each
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 5:18pm On Feb 05
Yh. At times it's neutral, at times earth, check YouTube for various fix n apply those u see there, 1 go work
JoeSef0:
Earth wire? Or whatever it's called
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:18pm On Feb 05
vaca1:

Ok. Like how much will it cost

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:28pm On Feb 05
3 years+ on this one and still counting. Performance still great.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 4:44am On Feb 06
Okay.. but the thing is, i ran a separate socket to the inverter output (not connected to the house) and it was still doing the same thing. Now I'm confused something is actually wrong with the inverter itself
Jefferyzz:
Yh. At times it's neutral, at times earth, check YouTube for various fix n apply those u see there, 1 go work
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Johnaira16: 6:32am On Feb 06
odimbannamdi:

Which brand is it? Is it EASun? My EASun 3000w powers my 300l Haier Thermocool deep freezer worth about 130w EFFORTLESSLY, and still have room to power more loads like TV, ceiling fans etc

But consider these options to help your inverter power more stuffs:

- put larger appliances first. For instance, put on your fridge first before putting on even lights.
- Ensure your battery is significantly charged before putting on large loads like your fridge. For a 12v system, let your battery get up to 12.7v before putting on the load
I'm interested!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CooldipoMPS: 7:35am On Feb 06
Dear solar enthusiasts, it is that time of the year when we need to clean the solar panels to continue to maximize their potentials. Recommend that to friend, customers and colleagues alike。 I remain your number one portable power solution guy, for all your laptop power solution needs, Tv, router, phones etc. We have capable solar solutions that can meet your needs. o8osix 531 63o7

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) ... (1693) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Oshomo12(m), kristien4(m), S4SOLOMON4(m), Xanderone, sharks776(m), frebor(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.