Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058901 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:07pm On Mar 05
Gshems:
Please is this charge controller an mppt or make i go buy pwm jejely?

Na pwm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:08pm On Mar 05
mvphenryeto5:

It's mercury a good inverter brand

Sure
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:25pm On Mar 05
CANADIAN 670w AVAILABLE !! HURRY WHILE STOCK LASTS !!!

Canadian 450w ...... 163k
Canadian 560w ...... 201k
Canadian 605w ...... 216k

JINKO PANELS
JINKO 435w .......... 158k
JINKO 440w .......... 160k
JINKO 555w .......... 199k
JINKO 575w .......... 206k

JINKO 575w panel ..... 189k
JINKO 580w panel ..... 190k

JA SOLAR PANELS :
460w ....... 167k
565w ....... 203k

ERA 400w ...... 146k

Tier 1 high quality brand. Verifiable QR code

Discount available for bulk purchase..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 9:32pm On Mar 05
mctfopt:

If you don't, have basic knowledge of DIY, you may need someone that does, for this.

Lemme still explain how this should work. To top balance batteries means to charge batteries in such a way that all the batteries are equally charged to the same voltage.

To make this happen, you'll have to connect all the cells in parallel and charge till the charging current goes to zero.

To connect this DC -DC converter, your charger is the input, and the output (after adjusting voltage to 3.4v) goes to the cells you want to balance.

Find attached the LiFePo4 cells being connected in parallel pending top balancing.

Please do not attempt any of this stuff by yourself if you don't have the basic knowledge of batteries connection and electricity.

Thanks a lot for this. That's why we have people like you on this platform to guide people like us.

I quite understand the basics of electricity and I'm moderately comfortable with small DIY projects. I've just never been in a position to top balance a cell before hence my question to experienced bosses like you.

To be sure I understand well(I'm a slow learner), the converter will convert my 12/24v charger(input) to any adjustable voltage(output) of my choice?

Also, does this converter work like a DC transformer?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 10:52pm On Mar 05
dottedlines:
Tv- 70 watt, Light 6w x 7( lightings will not used be at same time) Fan 15w and 90w, (Both fans will mostly not be used at same time).

Go for a good 1kva 12v inverter, 12v 160ah lfp battery, about 800w pv and accessories.

Reduce the power consumption of the tv via eco mode.
The 90w fan can be used mostly during the day and 15w at night

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 11:02pm On Mar 05
jplambert:

If your fan is DC

200ah battery

180w 4pcs solar panel

1kv inverter is ok since you are not running fridge on it

Charge controller

DC cables

In all, 750k should be fine to setup everything
Instead of spending 750k for just fans, lighting points and tv, I would advise him to either add money and go for a system that would power fridge/freezer or buy an average solar generator of about 500k and manage it for the stated loads.
RE is about management of loads, especially for people with limited battery bank.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 11:48pm On Mar 05
jplambert:

Why do you want to use charge controller to charge phone when you can easily connect it to power outlet?

Nepa hardly bring light.

And I don't have inverter.

Just panel, charge controller and battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 11:52pm On Mar 05
Polaris1:

Been charging with similar CC for 3 years.
Excellent for one phone connected.
With 2 phones, it simply shares the current to the 2 phones - slower charging.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I can now use it without worrying
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bettybeauty: 12:41am On Mar 06
Hello house,

I am a novice here. I need experts to advise on what I will need to power two 319 litres inverter freezers, 6 led Bulbs, charging of phone, and 1 TV.

How many solar panels?
Size of inverter and battery?

What will the estimated cost be in today's market?

I will appreciate any advise🙏

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gshems: 12:54am On Mar 06
lovediehatelive:

Nepa hardly bring light.

Buy sachet inverter. Less than 25k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kendzyma(m): 4:56am On Mar 06
mctfopt:

Just checked again. Thought the temperature is voltage. Lol.

Some installers are crazy. Why would an installer opt for 6p after swapping out a PWM? THAT'S the problem then, Kendzyma get your installer to go and change the configuration to either 2s 3p or 3s 2p. He did 6p which is the reason the charge controller is running very hot, low voltage and high current are often recipe to high temperature. Also your MPPT won't work well at such low voltage. That'll explain the poor yield too.

That controller is not bad, I have friends using it without issue, just remember to set the battery type you are using

Thanks, will try this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dottedlines: 6:26am On Mar 06
Thank you

jplambert:

If your fan is DC

200ah battery

180w 4pcs solar panel

1kv inverter is ok since you are not running fridge on it

Charge controller

DC cables

In all, 750k should be fine to setup everything
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dottedlines: 6:29am On Mar 06
isangjohnson:

Instead of spending 750k for just fans, lighting points and tv, I would advise him to either add money and go for a system that would power fridge/freezer or buy an average solar generator of about 500k and manage it for the stated loads.
RE is about management of loads, especially for people with limited battery bank.

How much more will I need to add on this 750k pricing to get something to include a fridge as suggested above boss? of course, the fridge needs not be on on the inverter at all times.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 6:31am On Mar 06
Gshems:

Buy sachet inverter. Less than 25k

I read it like satchet water. grin

Don't know, is it pure sine wave?

I heard apart from pure sine wave inverters, others use to damage stuff.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:43am On Mar 06
kristien4:
Pls bosses in the house, Does the inscription on this AGM battery mean it can be charged at 80Amps??
What battery is this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:20am On Mar 06
lovediehatelive:

Nepa hardly bring light.

I advise you buy an inverter even if it's just sachet INVETER. You can get sachet Inveter for as low as 30k. Yes, you can use the usb port on the controller but not advisable
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:21am On Mar 06
isangjohnson:

The 750k can power his fridge of he goes for modified sine wave Inveter as 3kv of such is around 70k

Mind you, solar gen is not advisable because many of such generator has inflated capacity and when it get spoilt, that's the end
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:25am On Mar 06
dottedlines:

How much more will I need to add on this 750k pricing to get something to include a fridge as suggested above boss? of course, the fridge needs not be on on the inverter at all times.

Don't buy solar generator, if your fridge is around 100watts, get modified sine wave Inveter of 3kv (price is around 70k) and your 750k will be enough to set it up. Ensure that you have circuit breaker installed on your system btw

And your fridge can't be on power at all time because it will drain your battery. No solar gen of 750k can run your fridge 247

I am not an installer or selling stuffs but just giving advise based on my experience and what I have learnt about sola so far

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:26am On Mar 06
Bettybeauty:
Hello house,

I am a novice here. I need experts to advise on what I will need to power two 319 litres inverter freezers, 6 led Bulbs, charging of phone, and 1 TV.

How many solar panels?
Size of inverter and battery?

What will the estimated cost be in today's market?

I will appreciate any advise🙏

Thanks

Wattage of your fridge
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:28am On Mar 06
jplambert:

The 750k can power his fridge of he goes for modified sine wave Inveter as 3kv of such is around 70k

Mind you, solar gen is not advisable because many of such generator has inflated capacity and when it get spoilt, that's the end
The way u promoting this modified sine wave... Hope u know its archaic and pure sine waves av taken over. Besides it causes harm to sensitive appliances including freezers so its a no no!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:34am On Mar 06
jplambert:

Don't buy solar generator, if your fridge is around 100watts, get modified sine wave Inveter of 3kv (price is around 70k) and your 750k will be enough to set it up. Ensure that you have circuit breaker installed on your system btw

And your fridge can't be on power at all time because it will drain your battery. No solar gen of 750k can run your fridge 247

I am not an installer or selling stuffs but just giving advise based on my experience and what I have learnt about sola so far
All the best
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:38am On Mar 06
Drgreatone:

The way u promoting this modified sine wave... Hope u know its archaic and pure sine waves av taken over. Besides it causes harm to sensitive appliances including freezers so its a no no!

I only suggest it because the man seems unable to buy pure sine wave

I don't sell modified sine wave so not like am advertising my products but to me Inveter can be replaced but once solar gen get spoilt that's the end

Most of solar gen will carry only 100ah battery but will be rated 200ah capacity

I wish him all the best
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 10:05am On Mar 06
Good morning professionals and end users...

1. What other good brands of inverter can you Recommend.

2. What can you say on Growatt inverter SPF 48V 3500/5000kva ES?.

3. Does jinko 550w panel comes as 12 or 24v?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gshems: 11:10am On Mar 06
I will advise him to get a pure sine wave inverter. Then invest in solar panels (used ) sì he can use his freezer in the afternoon.then use the battery at night.
jplambert:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:03pm On Mar 06
Danibestguy:

Thanks a lot for this. That's why we have people like you on this platform to guide people like us.

I quite understand the basics of electricity and I'm moderately comfortable with small DIY projects. I've just never been in a position to top balance a cell before hence my question to experienced bosses like you.

To be sure I understand well(I'm a slow learner), the converter will convert my 12/24v charger(input) to any adjustable voltage(output) of my choice?

Also, does this converter work like a DC transformer?

The DC-DC converter I showed in the original post has input voltage range of 5-40V and adjustable output voltage range of 1.2-35V

DC-DC converter as the name implies converts DC voltage to another value of DC voltage. Most of the converters has a fixed output voltage eg 12V to 5V converter eg your car phone charger. But in this instance I found the type that one can manually change the output voltage. So to quote you it is sort of a "DC voltage transformer".
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 12:54pm On Mar 06
Obnoxious2001:

What battery is this
Newmax 200Ah AGM battery from Gennex.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 12:54pm On Mar 06
Obnoxious2001:

What battery is this
Newmax 200Ah AGM battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samistry(m): 1:30pm On Mar 06
How much should one budget for a connection that carries a laptop, two rechargeable fans, phones and minor accessories?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06
jplambert:

I advise you buy an inverter even if it's just sachet INVETER. You can get sachet Inveter for as low as 30k. Yes, you can use the usb port on the controller but not advisable
Thanks.

Will budget for that
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06
People with solar panels in abuja what's your production stats and capacity like this period
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 2:55pm On Mar 06
Who is much familiar with tbb apollo max 3.0s
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Youngzedd(m): 3:22pm On Mar 06
Trippledots:

Wash your panels or wait for the rain to wash it.

Size of cable used to connect PV to your CC matters also.

It has rained many times here now.

Attached is the size of the cable.

Using Exulted black solar panels.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: nora2018(m), mctfopt, uctomide(m), Valentinooo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.