Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056442 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 12:55pm On Mar 08
AllyPolly:

Thank you for the response. What brand of the lithium LiFePO4 battery and inverter would you suggest and where can I get genuine/original one.

As for the Panel, I have decided to settle for Jinko (from Fouani)

If you're buying panels from Fouani, buy them NOW. Dollar is going up again.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AllyPolly: 12:58pm On Mar 08
yemi2plus:

Alright thanks. I believe this is their official website: https://www.fouanistore. com ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 1:09pm On Mar 08
AllyPolly:

Alright thanks. I believe this is their official website: https://www.fouanistore. com ?

Yes, it is!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 2:05pm On Mar 08
yemi2plus:

Yeah, I bought 24pcs of 625W Jinko Panels yesterday. I know they will increase prices soon enough, usually they would give a tempting discount on that kind of value of purchase but they insisted that there was no discount on panels for now.
Las las I had to buy it like that ooo.
But they were offering a huge discount on Inverters and batteries, even gave me an option to pay in installments if I bought Batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08
jonescosmos:

Yeah, I bought 24pcs of 625W Jinko Panels yesterday. I know they will increase prices soon enough, usually they would give a tempting discount on that kind of value of purchase but they insisted that there was no discount on panels for now.
But they were offering a huge discount on Inverters and batteries, even gave me an option to pay in installments if I bought Batteries.

Wise move!

I am eyeing their Growatt Inverters, but they sell only 48v systems.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 2:41pm On Mar 08
Hey guys I have a Samsung TV that's rated 130w but I think it's more than 130w cos it drains my ba3 fast.

It also uses plug in adapter and it's lcd

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AllyPolly: 3:12pm On Mar 08
yemi2plus:

Yes, it is!
I just placed an order for 9 units of the 550w panels. Thanks.
Do you have an idea of durable still budget friendly inverter I can opt for (brand/rating)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 3:58pm On Mar 08
mvphenryeto5:
Hey guys I have a Samsung TV that's rated 130w but I think it's more than 130w cos it drains my ba3 fast.

130w for a 32" TV, your battery will suffer oo.
Play with the setting if you can adjust it to power saver or eco mode. if not better to save battery than watch TV.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08
AllyPolly:

I just placed an order for 9 units of the 550w panels. Thanks.
Do you have an idea of durable still budget friendly inverter I can opt for (brand/rating)?

I will leave this to the expert to advise.

My general advice when it comes to buying things is to not mind the amount it costs to buy the item, instead focus more on reliability over budget.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pelepeleb: 5:48pm On Mar 08
Good day professionals and non professionals in the house. i seek for your counsels on my solar installation plan.

Sorry I many not be able to know power consumption of all the items listed below:

1 I am having haier thermocool chest freezer with watt rated current of 125W/1.2 A, energy consumption of 1.11kw.h/24h (on timer during sun hour)
2 Medium standing fridge = 1 (is on time during Sun hour)
3 Solar stove 1 (use only morning and afternoon)
4 SMC ceiling fan = 5 (only 2 can be put on at the same time in the night)
5 Flat screen TV of 32 in =1 (on all the time except late in the night)
6 Startimes decoder = 1 (on all the time except late in the night)
7 Energy saving bulb = 10 (only 4 are use at a time)
8 Laptop = 1(3 hours at night)
MY SOLAR ENERGY PLAN
I have 6 panels of 400 watts africell,
Hybrid inverter 5.5kva of farmicare product (transformer type) with inbuilt charge controller PWM with VOC 60 VDC
60 A charge controler MPPT type
Two 12 volt 220A battery

My Question
Can my solar energy system will be able to power all this when they are put on at different time of the day?
2 Will my panel be able to charge the batteries within 4 hour while the energy from the panel is been used together on the freezer?
3 I need your kind advise if I am on the wrong lane?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 6:25pm On Mar 08
mvphenryeto5:

Lcd TVs are not energy friendly.
Your tv is more than my freezer of 115w, if not for start up surge they would be equivalent. Save up to buy used LED 32" tv of 50w at max settings.Normal setting is just 36w.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:27pm On Mar 08
pelepeleb:
Good day professionals and non professionals in the house. i seek for your counsels on my solar installation plan.

Sorry I many not be able to know power consumption of all the items listed below:

1 I am having haier thermocool chest freezer with watt rated current of 125W/1.2 A, energy consumption of 1.11kw.h/24h (on timer during sun hour)
MY SOLAR ENERGY PLAN
Hybrid inverter 5.5kva of farmicare product (transformer type) with inbuilt charge controller PWM with VOC 60 VDC
Two 12 volt 220A battery

My Question
Can my solar energy system will be able to power all this when they are put on at different time of the day?2 Will my panel be able to charge the batteries within 4 hour while the energy from the panel is been used together on the freezer?

Sms ceiling fan consumed about 75w max and 20w to 30w as minimum range.
I'm already seeing night loads of about 200w plus from the stated loads and your 220ah 24v tubular batteries will be struggling for daily charging, especially on bad weather days. I wish you were able to pair the 5.5kva inverter with a 48v battery bank and uplift the pv capacity a little.
3kva to 3.5kva would have been better for
your 24v battery bank as the idle power of the inverter would have been reduced.
If I'm not making a mistake, your 5.5kva should consumed nothing less than 70w idle mode.
Your pv capacity is in order.
Submission: If you can manage your night loads very well and pay attention to the dod (50%) of the battery and carry out routine equalisation, you won't have issue.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:32pm On Mar 08
ewizard1:

I detest that term "fuel-less generator" angry

It's usually used by scam artistes to finesse their audience

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:51pm On Mar 08
Guys, what do you think of this solar panel?

https://fouanistore.com/ng/en/product/jinko-625w-monofacial-solar-panel

Is it a good deal?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:11pm On Mar 08
Brand new 280ah Lifepo4 Lithium battery cells now available @145k each. all capacity tested and above 290ah each,with test results on the body, comes with complete busbars, expoxy boards for perfect couplings and screws

can sell as 4pcs,8pcs, 12pcs, 16pcs, and above, large quantity available!

whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by princely009: 8:54pm On Mar 08
Hello house.
Pls I would like to knw if this solar setup can power these loads comfortably.
Solar setup
5.5kw solar array.
5kw inverter
10kwh lithium battery

Loads
1.5hp LG inverter ac
1hp LG inverter ac
2 TVs of 100w in total
Intermittent loads of up to 600w

Pls note that the setup is for a business place and will be use mostly during the day (from 9am to 7pm) .
Both ACs will be on through out the working hours.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:31pm On Mar 08
princely009:
Hello house.
Pls I would like to knw if this solar setup can power these loads comfortably.
Solar setup
5.5kw solar array.
5kw inverter
10kwh lithium battery

Loads
1.5hp LG inverter ac
1hp LG inverter ac
2 TVs of 100w in total
Intermittent loads of up to 600w

Pls note that the setup is for a business place and will be use mostly during the day (from 9am to 7pm) .
Both ACs will be on through out the working hours.
Thanks

That's like a 3KW Load for 10 hours.
Increase your Solar to 10KW at least. 10KW with Average sunlight will give you 30KWH of Energy.
15KW Solar will be Ideal to cater for bad weather.

15KWH LFP minimum.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:13am On Mar 09
yemi2plus:

Do they deliver?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:14am On Mar 09
jonescosmos:

Did they deliver them ? What was their delivery cost like?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:15am On Mar 09
mctfopt:

Please which day did Felicity start producing Tubular batteries?
You mean P elicity

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 7:24am On Mar 09
Juror:

Did they deliver them ? What was their delivery cost like?

Oh yes, they delivered it. Ordered in Abuja Showroom, They shipped from PHC showroom and delivered to my house in IMO, Transaction also took place in absentia, took less than 24 hours from payment to delivery. FREE DELIVERY

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by princely009: 7:27am On Mar 09
15KW solar array Where person won see dat kind money....lol. omo na to off AC during bad weather oh.... hahahaha.
Anyways thanks for your suggestion.
Due to limited funds available at the moment, only the solar array can be upgraded to 7kw for now.
Loads can be adjusted for now also. Mayb jst the 1.5HP AC stays on for now.
Lets see how the setup handles the load then we plan the upgrade accordingly wen fund is available.
Dam5reey:

That's like a 3KW Load for 10 hours.
Increase your Solar to 10KW at least. 10KW with Average sunlight will give you 30KWH of Energy.
15KW Solar will be Ideal to cater for bad weather.

15KWH LFP minimum.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:50am On Mar 09
jonescosmos:

Oh yes, they delivered it. Ordered in Abuja Showroom, They shipped from PHC showroom and delivered to my house in IMO, Transaction also took place in absentia, took less than 24 hours from payment to delivery. FREE DELIVERY

Impressive, especially all that movement for free !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:00am On Mar 09
Juror:

You mean P elicity
chaii. u are very observant oo grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:10am On Mar 09
yemi2plus:

Wow! Thanks for this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:39am On Mar 09
princely009:
15KW solar array Where person won see dat kind money....lol. omo na to off AC during bad weather oh.... hahahaha.
Anyways thanks for your suggestion.
Due to limited funds available at the moment, only the solar array can be upgraded to 7kw for now.
Loads can be adjusted for now also. Mayb jst the 1.5HP AC stays on for now.
Lets see how the setup handles the load then we plan the upgrade accordingly wen fund is available.

Lol,
Na people say make we dey quote based on client's Load, Now everyone can see that it depends on client's budget and can adjust based on needs.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:04am On Mar 09
pelepeleb:

MY SOLAR ENERGY PLAN
Two 12 volt 220A battery

My Question
Can my solar energy system will be able to power all this when they are put on at different time of the day?
2 Will my panel be able to charge the batteries within 4 hour while the energy from the panel is been used together on the freezer?

Your battery is the weak link here.. it will limit how fast you can charge when your 2.4KW Solar panels are at peak, and how much energy that can be stored.
Your 2.4KW will give you. about 8KWH energy on a good day. you can only store 2.4KWH since you will be following the 50% DOD Rule.
Inverter will take about 1.6KWH, you have 4KWH to use during the day and 2.4KWh in the night Manage it well.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 10:23am On Mar 09
dollarnaira:

Lcd TVs are not energy friendly.
Your tv is more than my freezer of 115w, if not for start up surge they would be equivalent. Save up to buy used LED 32" tv of 50w at max settings.Normal setting is just 36w.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:59am On Mar 09
SOLAR PANEL BEST PRICES!!!

Bescom
180w ...... 56k
300w "black" .... 100k
350w ...... 120k
420 "halfcut cells" .... 125k
470w ...... 135k

Twintech
180w ..... 55k
240w ..... 67k
300w "halfcut".... 97k
320w "black" ......... 105k
360w "halfcut" ...... 115k
380w "black" ..... 116k
400w ....... 117k
420w ...... 118k
470w "halfcut" ...... 120k
480w "halfcut " ...... 126k

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:19pm On Mar 09
Juror:

You mean P elicity

Thought as much smiley

Na why I ask.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 12:19pm On Mar 09
Orders from 300k from fouani is free delivery.

Juror:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:25pm On Mar 09
Juror:

NOTHING really is FREE.

See eh, what they do is add the cost of delivery to the main cost of item and call it FREE Delivery.

You might say even their Main cost of item is not so high BUT trust me, you still pay for that delivery One way or the other.

All those na Marketing psychology. Same way Airtel Nigeria go sell you 2GB data for ₦200 for 1-month , then ensure you don't enjoy it so much you end up paying for a much higher data plan on same network.

Or the way those in Hosting industry go sell you different Hosting packages with all things UNLIMITed yet at different costs.

But truth be say, be [too] HONEST in marketing and you go hungry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Hybrid600, walexsos, Whytehandy, dannybrasky(m), Dam5reey1(m), bbally, luvlyoracle(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.