Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2074452 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (1699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 6:11pm On Mar 10
Ferdiwar:
Please can you assist me with the spec sheet of the 625w panel you got.

I am working on expansion of my setup but the Longi panel I'm currently using is annoyingly expensive now (208k for 570w as against 165k I bought them in December).

I earlier went with the Longi over Jinko because of the current as the max current of my inverter is 13A, the Longi 570w have a max current of 13.03A while the Jinko 580w have a max current of 13.38A

I believe Isc is 13.92A @STC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 6:36pm On Mar 10
Ferdiwar:
Please can you assist me with the spec sheet of the 625w panel you got.

I am working on expansion of my setup but the Longi panel I'm currently using is annoyingly expensive now (208k for 570w as against 165k I bought them in December).

I earlier went with the Longi over Jinko because of the current as the max current of my inverter is 13A, the Longi 570w have a max current of 13.03A while the Jinko 580w have a max current of 13.38A

https://jinkosolar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/JKM620-625N-78HL4-V.pdf

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 6:43pm On Mar 10
Same here.

ewizard1:

I really frown at this act.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 6:46pm On Mar 10
jonescosmos:

> I will always recommend Hybrid over External CC (Except for High-end CCs).

> For High end Inverters, choose among: Huawei, Schneider, Deye.
For Voltronic based Inverters go for: Growatt, MPP Solar, Felicity, Senre, (Many More in this class.

> If you must opt for external CC, go for an 80A to 120A CC. (e get why)

> For Battery (Patented): Huawei, Deye, Dyness, nRuit, Blue Carbon, Felicity, CWorth, ETC
> For Battery (Assembled): Contact @Valto straight away.

> For Solar Panels: Make sure 6pcs (I recommend 12pcs) will be enough to charge your battery to full while carrying your loads simultaneously.
Considering that Pmax (NOCT) of Jinko 550w is about 409Wp, 6x409=2,454Kwp, Which might not be sufficient for you on an cloudy day. But 12x409=4,908Kwp (Fair for daytime Charging and Loads), moreover 12pcs of Jinko in series is still in the safe zone for a 500V PV Hybrid Inverter during an STC.
Grid is no longer an option or alternative to dark or cloudy days.
12pcs of 550w in series is over 500v sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:50pm On Mar 10
jonescosmos:

Oh Johnson, so sorry for this terrible experience, but I will blame you a bit. You knew I base in Abuja, You know my capabilities, You have my number, you should have just rang me up.
But in all, has this issue been resolved?.
So sorry you fell into the hands of Engineers without Knowledge.

I had gone to correct an installation last year where an installer connected 2units of Felicity LPBF48300 in series, to 2 Units of Growatt which were in parallel originally. The instruction was to replace 8Pcs of Tubular Batteries with 2x LPBF48300. Thank God one of the LPBF48300 popped fuse immediately with a loud explosion.

The guy still went ahead and connected LPBF48300 in parallel later on without investigating the cause of that explosion.
The client later discovered that one of the batteries wasn't discharging and charging. And that was how I was contacted.

Moral: Be careful of Engineers without Knowledge.
Sorry Boss. It escaped my memory.
Dishtech had fixed it this evening.
Thanks Sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 6:54pm On Mar 10
brightk:
12pcs of 550w in series is over 500v sir

oops, my bad, was actually in traffic while responding. I meant to say 12pcs in a 6 Series 2 Parallel is still in a safe zone.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 8:31pm On Mar 10
Guys. Is 6x300w mono panels enough to charge a 2.5kw lithium battery?
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:42pm On Mar 10
emmaniche:
Guys. Is 6x300w mono panels enough to charge a 2.5kw lithium battery?
Thanks.

Sure, its enough to give you 5KWH on average.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 8:57pm On Mar 10
Dam5reey:

Sure, its enough to give you 5KWH on average.
Get about 21amps. Though the weather no too makes sha. Sun just show up today.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:26pm On Mar 10
dbshaywhy:

Thanks for your input... Am not always at always during the day from Monday to Saturday, except Sundays.
With my rough calculations, instantaneous load in the when back can never exceed 360w, while over the night, 80w with century rechargeable fan(mains will be on wen notice its getting low)

My budget 2.2M

This your budget grin.

You could have stated this first so @jonescosmos no for dey call big names grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:41pm On Mar 10
As you are planning to buy hybrid, plan for a good protection systems (earthing in particular).
Repair of those equipment is expensive.

Small lighten strike, office will just open grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 9:49pm On Mar 10
Any dealer selling SRNE hybrid inverter here?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 10:38pm On Mar 10
Obnoxious2001:

This your budget grin.

You could have stated this first so @jonescosmos no for dey call big names grin grin

Honestly ooo. grin grin grin grin the load he wants to power sef fear me.

He should just do a 12v or 24v setup. Chikina.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10
jonescosmos:

oops, my bad, was actually in traffic while responding. I meant to say 12pcs in a 6 Series 2 Parallel is still in a safe zone.
still depends on the kind of inverter boss. Most of them cant do more dan 30a max for input current. Me de fear make i nor scatter inverter esp wen i nor kno how d protection b.. most jinko panels na either 13a or 14a stc. Gennex de do 27a input while felicity na 20a max
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 11:27pm On Mar 10
Drgreatone:
Pls ogas in the house... For a 48v hybrid system using 4 220ah tubular batteries, whats the maximum charge current setting on the inverter? Was thinking 20amps was fine but someone advised I can go as high as 40amps. Wont this damage the battery in the long run?
Then wit the recent postings about high current mppts, does it mean a 60amps mppt wud pump 60amps into the battery connected under optimal conditions? Powmr for example only has settings for float/bulk voltage and type of battery but none for max current? Should I be scared? I av 1200watts of panels connected via it to 24v tubular system.
Pls still waiting for reply to my questions ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ayo1984: 11:30pm On Mar 10
Iinnov8:
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller available

Price: 95,000 firm

5 units left

Emmaniche, Gshems, this is controller you refer to.

do you still have Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller? and your contact
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 11:31pm On Mar 10
Ferdiwar:
Deye 5kwh lithium battery.

where can one get this battery in nigeria.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 11:36pm On Mar 10
swagifted:
where can one get this battery in nigeria.

Ring me up 0 8 0 3 3 2 5 2 1 8 4

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bettybeauty: 12:36am On Mar 11
jplambert:

Wattage of your fridge

Not gotten the freezer yet, probably 300W. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bettybeauty: 12:37am On Mar 11
Bettybeauty:
Hello house,

I am a novice here. I need experts to advise on what I will need to power two 319 litres inverter freezers, 6 led Bulbs, charging of phone, and 1 TV.

How many solar panels?
Size of inverter and battery?

What will the estimated cost be in today's market?

I will appreciate any advise๐Ÿ™

Thanks

I will appreciate any advice on this๐Ÿ™
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:16am On Mar 11
jonescosmos:

Oh Johnson, so sorry for this terrible experience, but I will blame you a bit. You knew I base in Abuja, You know my capabilities, You have my number, you should have just rang me up.
But in all, has this issue been resolved?.
So sorry you fell into the hands of Engineers without Knowledge.

I had gone to correct an installation last year where an installer connected 2units of Felicity LPBF48300 in series, to 2 Units of Growatt which were in parallel originally. The instruction was to replace 8Pcs of Tubular Batteries with 2x LPBF48300. Thank God one of the LPBF48300 popped fuse immediately with a loud explosion.

The guy still went ahead and connected LPBF48300 in parallel later on without investigating the cause of that explosion.
The client later discovered that one of the batteries wasn't discharging and charging. And that was how I was contacted.

Moral: Be careful of Engineers without Knowledge.
mayBe had He seen the popped fuse, He might have replaced it with a bigger fuse to prevent it from popping again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:18am On Mar 11
Ferdiwar:
Mid January when I wanted to mount my panels on the roof, I contacted (a so called) engineer to do the Job (I have phobia for height), via phone call without any information on my setup baba concluded that 5 pieces of 570w panels won't work, that it's either I get another panel to make 6 or I use 4 out of the 5 and that I need 10mm with for the installation I just ended the call and reached out to another person.

The guy that later did the Job later begged me to teach him how to set up lithium battery on the inverter as he was unable to do that on the 1st Deye inverter installation he did.

Most of the installer and so called engineers are too lazy to update their knowledge on the same things the practice.

There's difference between being into something for the Passion vs for the money
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:22am On Mar 11
dbshaywhy:
My plan solar system set up.

48v system

6pcs of jinko-solar-550w

3.5kva inverter, hybrid or stand alone with cc
(can you please recommend a good brands from the choosing option)

5kwh lithium battery

Professional in the house, I need your input...
@jonescosmos
@valto
@Techgeek777
@Bassdow
@isangjohnson
@dollarnaira
@other professionals in the

Please, I need this urgently before price shoot up again please.....

NOTE: a not always at home during the day from Monday to Saturday, (inverter will be put on when in the night, probably 200w load till 11 pm and 80w with a century rechargeable fan which will only be connected to mains when notice is low), while on Sundays my total can never exceed 360w, hardly will it reach dt self,

A 43 inch lg smart tv 65w

Xboom 720 W RMS 80w

Probably a scanfrost freezer 150w,we are not a fan of cold tins

A small nexus standing fan 65w (sitting room)

And occasionally, 26 inches ox standing, if av visitor and crowded sitting room

what exactly is your question please ?

and if you looking for brand names, you need state your overal maximum budget
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:29am On Mar 11
Obnoxious2001:

This your budget grin.

Reason why I just let uuna dey talk. Mme normally no dey too like quote brand names because it depends on certain conditions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:13am On Mar 11
I've for sale 48v 302ah 15,462kwh lithium battery at 3.2m
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:38am On Mar 11
dbshaywhy:
My plan solar system set up.

48v system

6pcs of jinko-solar-550w

3.5kva inverter, hybrid or stand alone with cc
(can you please recommend a good brands from the choosing option)

5kwh lithium battery

Professional in the house, I need your input...
@jonescosmos
@valto
@Techgeek777
@Bassdow
@isangjohnson
@dollarnaira
@other professionals in the

Please, I need this urgently before price shoot up again please.....

NOTE: a not always at home during the day from Monday to Saturday, (inverter will be put on when in the night, probably 200w load till 11 pm and 80w with a century rechargeable fan which will only be connected to mains when notice is low), while on Sundays my total can never exceed 360w, hardly will it reach dt self,

A 43 inch lg smart tv 65w

Xboom 720 W RMS 80w

Probably a scanfrost freezer 150w,we are not a fan of cold tins

A small nexus standing fan 65w (sitting room)

And occasionally, 26 inches ox standing, if av visitor and crowded sitting room

Get the 48v 5,376kwh lithium battery from Valto and 3.5kva 48v Felicity hybrid inverter.
When you have fun, replace the ox fan with an energy saving fan. The performance will still be the same.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:54am On Mar 11
Ferdiwar:
Deye 5kwh lithium battery.

are you running any AC on the deye and if yes is it an inverter type?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 8:00am On Mar 11
Obnoxious2001:
As you are planning to buy hybrid, plan for a good protection systems (earthing in particular).
Repair of those equipment is expensive.

Small lighten strike, office will just open grin
omo which kind of fear be this now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:11am On Mar 11
swagifted:

On this thread no body talks about it.

You will hear buy premium gadgets.
Even premium dey suffer and Na your pocket e go hear am.

By the way am not putting fear in anybody mind, it just a reminder that buy/go for products that the parts can be replaced
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 8:30am On Mar 11
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
No be fear, just a beautiful warning to protect the devices and investment. Cost of repairs these days no dey pocket friendly.

For those willing to set up new installations, always consider protection ( a very good earthing) for your devices and investments to avoid stories that pierces the heart and mind.

swagifted:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:43am On Mar 11
isangjohnson:

I'm not happy with the behavior of some installers.
Two months ago, dishtech whom I trusted was supposed to handle an installation for my client in Abuja but he went for outside work, which took him longer time to return to Abuja.
I came here and asked for an experienced installer and someone indicated interest and dropped his contact as well.
I called and linked him to my client. Instead of him to go and handle the job by himself, he sent his boys who didn't understand anything about the lithium battery, even as I was monitoring the installation through phone call to make sure all settings were done correctly.
I was surprised to receive a call from my client few days ago that the system had shutdown. I thought it was lvd disconnect. We called the installer and the installer still sent his boy, who went there and told me that the battery wasn't producing power.
I called Dishtech who went there and realized that the battery type was set to tubular battery and lvd was set to 40v. Meanwhile, I set the lvd of the lithium battery to 43.2v (2.7v each).
The installer has collected his money and the overall cost of repairs is on my head now.
SUBMISSION: We should be careful of those people we call for installations.

This isn't clear, didn't the battery's lvd kick in first ?
Was the setup done with a hybrid inverter or standalone CC ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (1699) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: gifted65, bleexInc(m), HeavenlyBang(m), Hybrid600, durodee(m), saint2ace(m), Ayomipoe(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.