Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056729 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by icjunior(m): 8:52pm On Mar 15
sirrotex:
Hello. Kindly enlighten me on how one can know the yield from his panels

You should see it from your cc if you're using one.
That's mine last weekend 938.1w

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sirrotex: 9:31pm On Mar 15
Many thanks, I need to be more observant
icjunior:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:35pm On Mar 15
emmaniche:

K. Actually have a 60A zinox mppt.
U mean it sud be 2x31v in series and parallel the 3 sets.
Correct?
What's ur panel specifications? Voc and Vmp? Imp and Isc? What's ur mppt max pv input and volt?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 10:10pm On Mar 15
Drgreatone:

What's ur panel specifications? Voc and Vmp? Imp and Isc? What's ur mppt max pv input and volt?
6x300w mono. 31v each panel.
See mppt pix.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 11:25pm On Mar 15
emmaniche:

6x300w mono. 31v each panel.
See mppt pix.
@6x300w
Parallel connection will give me
31v 48amps.
2s3p will give me
62v 24amps
3s2p will give
93v 16amps

Am a newbie, please which option is more favorable.
Pardon any error u might notice. Thanks bosses.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gshems: 11:42pm On Mar 15
@valto and others how much will it cost to get a lipo4 battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 11:47pm On Mar 15
emmaniche:

@6x300w
Parallel connection will give me
31v 48amps.
2s3p will give me
62v 24amps
3s2p will give
93v 16amps

Am a newbie, please which option is more favorable.
Pardon any error u might notice. Thanks bosses.
A 3s2p would be ur best choice. If u jad 8 panels, 4s2p would be fine seeing ur max pv voltage is 145. This wud even mean u use smaller wire guage from panel due to the lower current.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by medulla01(m): 5:22am On Mar 16
icjunior:

.dis powmr 60a old version work great pls.if u really want to knows panel output wattage get a 100dc watt meter and connect to ur panel because powmr reading on wattage is not accurate if u get 1600w for example on display it is actually 1200w.tryy 100a/100v/200v dc watt meter and get correct figure but dis mppt work fine.but figure not accurate

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:47am On Mar 16
Gshems:
@valto and others how much will it cost to get a lipo4 battery
24v 280ah 7168kwh lifepo4 lithium available 1.450m
12v 280ah 3,584kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available 800k
48v 280ah 14336kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available 2.9m
12v 105ah 1,344kwh lithium and 12v 210ah 2,688kwh lifepo4 lithium battery will be available in 2weeks time @380k/650k respectively
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:06am On Mar 16
Drgreatone:

I am not doubting you. I just like to ensure my inverter's continuous load isnt more than 30 to 40%. With his load of over 1800watts, thats 50% continuous load not including if any appliance has a surge rating

Surges are overrated, The Inverter itself has a 2X Surge minimum.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 8:02am On Mar 16
This is the dream!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ogidi1991: 10:20am On Mar 16
Goodmorning everyone

Please is the sms summate inverter a strong and reliable brand
Iā€™m planning to purchase the 6.2kva hybrid inverter (MPPT 120A)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ayomipoe(m): 11:20am On Mar 16
I had an issue with mine the very day it was purchased. 12V 1KVA Hybrid.
The BMS on my battery was bad, and I think it affected the inverter. Error 09, some MOSFETs had blown.
I later took it to their office in Alaba and the Chinese guy fixed it in about 2 hours and apologized.

The most important thing was that there was support and the warranty covered issues as they occur.
Ogidi1991:
Goodmorning everyone

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by redgem(f): 11:29am On Mar 16
Good afternoon everyone.... Please what's wrong with fouani store? I made an order for some units of panels from fouanistore.com and I've not received any confirmation email or text from them.... I have sent a emails to them and got no response... Please what else should I do?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 12:06pm On Mar 16
medulla01:
.dis powmr 60a old version work great pls.if u really want to knows panel output wattage get a 100dc watt meter and connect to ur panel because powmr reading on wattage is not accurate if u get 1600w for example on display it is actually 1200w.tryy 100a/100v/200v dc watt meter and get correct figure but dis mppt work fine.but figure not accurate

1million percent correct.
Fact from day 1.

Powmr old version is fantastic but display is inaccurate. What u see is not what you get.
10amp on display is roughly 7amp real life.
Probably the 60a is 40a real. grin grin
But I will go for it a million time over.
Super effective!!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 12:39pm On Mar 16
What happened to your BMS

Ayomipoe:
The BMS on my battery was bad, and I think it affected the inverter. Error 09, some MOSFETs had blown.
I later took it to their office in Alaba and the Chinese guy fixed it in about 2 hours and apologized.

The most important thing was that there was support and the warranty covered issues as they occur.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ayomipoe(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16
No idea o. I was not the one who assembled the battery. It was just refusing to charge.
Anyway, I took the battery back to my plug and he just changed the BMS and the battery was fine.
oloet:
What happened to your BMS

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ogidi1991: 1:38pm On Mar 16
Ayomipoe:

Is it a good brand ā€¦ how long have you been using yours
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by manya(m): 2:06pm On Mar 16
Good afternoon house. Please I recently bought 1.5HP Air condition. Due to persistent power failure I decided to use solar to be powering it. (My lights, laptops and standing fan are on solar already)
Please help me give a description of item with their ratings that will power just the AC. Batteries, panels, inverters and cables.
Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SaintUlot: 3:50pm On Mar 16
For Sale

šŸ‘‰ DC Multi-function Digital Meter - 200A with inbuilt shunt
It can be used to measure Dc input and output current, Volt, Watt and Watt hour of battery and Solar panels

It can also be used to check if the advertised Ah and Wh of a newly purchased battery is what you actually get.so that you won't get ripped off
Confirm by yourself if what you buy is not 100ah Battery labelled as 200ah

And you can also use it to measure the amount of Ah and Wh that is left in your used battery.

Price - 25k only

Call or WhatsApp- 08035537864 if you are interested in it

Check the pictures here -
https://www.nairaland.com/8028056/multi-function-digital-dc-meter-battery#128957963
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 5:36pm On Mar 16
manya:
Good afternoon house. Please I recently bought 1.5HP Air condition. Due to persistent power failure I decided to use solar to be powering it. (My lights, laptops and standing fan are on solar already)
Please help me give a description of item with their ratings that will power just the AC. Batteries, panels, inverters and cables.
Thank you.

Just AC.. we are talking about 1.2KW continuous power here.

So you need to be able to generate at least 1.2X of the Energy.

Let's use 10 hours as an assumption, that is 12KWH of energy, to generate this you need a Solar Panel (1.2 X 12) 14.4KWH..

A 3000W solar Panel will do 14.4KWH on average.

Batteries 5KWH 24V, if you only use AC in the afternoon, where batteries only back up for cloud covers.
14.4KWH 48V batteries if you want to use AC at night only.

Hybrid Inverter 3KW 24V/48V

Solar DC Cable 6MM.
Contact on signature if you require more detailed info.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 7:32pm On Mar 16
icjunior:

Boss how did u connect ur panels. Parallel or series.
How many panels do u have. Cause this ur yield be like u get 50 panels o.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:44pm On Mar 16
Ogidi1991:
Goodmorning everyone

The bolded words are relative.

Don't overload your inverter more than 70% - 80% max, install AC & DC MCBs, AC & DC SPDs, earth the inverter at least even though you don't earth the panels and don't abuse the inverter surge and you will see your inverter last longer than expected.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:02pm On Mar 16
isangjohnson:
I'm happy you used the word "manny" and not all.
I build my solar generators with quality/real capacity Eve 12v 50ah cells with 2 years warranty. I tested them with my house appliances before selling to my customers.

I was actually referring to these imported ready made ones but not the assembled ones in Nigeria sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:03pm On Mar 16
Trippledots:

Is bolded a typo? šŸ¤”

No, he is trying to cut down the cost hence the suggestion. Pure sine wave is expensive but I have seen a guy on this same nairaland advertising modified one at 65k

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jplambert: 9:04pm On Mar 16
bassdow:

Abeg, let him buy pureSineWave Oooo. At least for his own good.

I can only recommend solar Generator to my enemies. Sadly enough, I got none

Pure sine wave will swallow nothing less than 300k

šŸ˜‚
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by icjunior(m): 10:27pm On Mar 16
emmaniche:

Boss how did u connect ur panels. Parallel or series.
How many panels do u have. Cause this ur yield be like u get 50 panels o.

Just 2 of 475w(jinko)
Series connection.
Panel orientation is almost 10Ā° cos na ontop a slightly tilted flat roof I put am.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 11:42pm On Mar 16
Does anyone know the surge capacity of felecity ivps inverters... its not stated on the manual ..The only documented surge value is the high pv series which is inverter rating *2
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jidobaba(m): 7:34am On Mar 17
emmaniche:

K. Actually have a 60A zinox mppt.
U mean it sud be 2x31v in series and parallel the 3 sets.
Correct?
Honestly I think you should also Google this or at least post on well-trafficked solar DIY forums. Much of the information here lately is not rooted in any science, just conjecture. No offense.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:49am On Mar 17
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N8,000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N7,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N18,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ozone0801(m): 9:57am On Mar 17
Anyone has a small used inverter for sale.
1.5kw to 2.5kw, maybe an old design, non hybrid, I don't mind.
I actually need two
1kw to 1.5kw 12V
And 1.9kw to 2.5kw 24V
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 10:58am On Mar 17
ozone0801:
Anyone has a small used inverter for sale.
1.5kw to 2.5kw, maybe an old design, non hybrid, I don't mind.
I actually need two
1kw to 1.5kw 12V
And 1.9kw to 2.5kw 24V

Boss just buy 2.5kva first

Later if you see money buy another 3.5 or 5kva

Cos once you taste solar, it's a matter of time before more loads start "inviting you"... You will be regretting why you bought 1.5kva when you could have added small money for higher capacity.

And with electronics, the newer, the better, the more efficient. So pls don't go for old design

(1) (2) (3) ... (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: isnigeriadead, Emmypam(m), BadMaster, S007, luvlyoracle(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.