Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059248 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:46pm On Mar 18
ojesymsym:
Different users have their own perspective, for me, for the kind of systems I run, I will always choose a hybrid over a non-hybrid. If I intend to run a motor with it, then I will try and ensure it is one that has a transformer.
Thanks. But how about the noise level, maintenance, rules, etc. Any problem in those areas?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:06pm On Mar 18
Sapiosexuality:
VOC? What does this mean? How do I know where mine stands?

Open circuit voltage ie the voltage the pv will deliver on no load. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:32pm On Mar 18
For sale:
48v 230ah 11,776kwh lifepo4 battery @ 2.379m
24v 100ah 2,560kwh lifepo4 battery @ 518k

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:44pm On Mar 18
isangjohnson:
For sale:
48v 230ah 11,776kwh lifepo4 battery @ 2.379m
24v 100ah 2,560kwh lifepo4 battery @ 518k

202 Naira Per wattage is incredible, you like to consider the poor.

Thank God the ministry is moving forward.

Am happy for you bro.

But you like to ignore my messages for backyard shall undecided undecided undecided
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 6:22pm On Mar 18
Sapiosexuality:
This makes sense then. The second reason you gave bought me. I read someone here advising against it and I was wondering if it is worth it.

Baba it is about choice. As for me, I detest hybrid for now. Repairs, complexity, inbuilt cc can be pwm shocked , if one part get damaged it means the whole system need to be admitted by a technician. How long it will take for repairs? Only the gods can tell. If you make use of lead acid and is taking too long to fix, sulphation will gradually set it. With non hybrids you can have different spares. Use your head sha.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eldemmi(m): 6:24pm On Mar 18
icjunior:

This SMS inverter is entering my eyes o, please is it a good brand? if it is, can I upgrade from my 2.5kva smarten inverter to this SMS and still run my powmr 60a mppt on the SMS inverter?

My own be say lemme have first option on your smarten inverter whenever you wish to upgrade. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:52pm On Mar 18
TechGeek777:

202 Naira Per wattage is incredible, you like to consider the poor.

Thank God the ministry is moving forward.

Am happy for you bro.

But you like to ignore my messages for backyard shall undecided undecided undecided
I'm learning from my boss, Valto grin.
I didn't ignore your message intentionally. I'm sorry Boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18
dollarnaira:

Baba it is about a choice. As for me, I detest hybrid for now. Repairs, complexity, inbuilt cc can be pwm shocked , if one part get damaged it means the whole system need to be admitted by a technician. How long it will take for repairs? Only the gods can tell. If you make use of lead acid and is taking too long to fix, sulphation will gradually set it. With non hybrids you can have different spares. Use your head sha.
Na wa o. Wahala.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by icjunior(m): 7:40pm On Mar 18
Eldemmi:

My own be say lemme have first option on your smarten inverter whenever you wish to upgrade. Thanks

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18
TechGeek777:

Although the HP of your AC wasn't stated, but if you can up your budget to 1.8m, you could get the following:

24v 3.6Kw SMS Sunmate Inverter 350k - 400k

24v 105Ah(2688w) LiFePO4 Battery 650k
Expected price according to Valto from previous response.

Jinko 435w * 4(1740w) 480k

Installation, Cables & Accessories 270k

Above are 1.75m - 1.8m

UPDATED

This SMS inverter you get plug whey dey sell am?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:58pm On Mar 18
dollarnaira:

Baba it is about choice. As for me, I detest hybrid for now. Repairs, complexity, inbuilt cc can be pwm shocked , if one part get damaged it means the whole system need to be admitted by a technician. How long it will take for repairs? Only the gods can tell. If you make use of lead acid and is taking too long to fix, sulphation will gradually set it. With non hybrids you can have different spares. Use your head sha.
It's still a matter of choice as some people may consider other factors like price, idle power consumption.....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:14pm On Mar 18
isangjohnson:

I'm learning from my boss, Valto grin.
I didn't ignore your message intentionally. I'm sorry Boss

No problem boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:33pm On Mar 18
Obnoxious2001:

This SMS inverter you get plug whey dey sell am?

Ask @Zeestone99 or @Valto, they have posted it here few pages back and I have seen some YouTubers put the inverter to action and it performed accordingly and also it batteryless function didn't disappoint.

Note that you shouldn't load it more than 80% of rated capacity.

Even a user posted few days ago on how they fixed his SMS inverter for him under warranty and even apologized on top it.

Repairs is the reason some people fear hybrid and also it's like putting your eggs in one basket 🧺

TBH hybrid is the way to go, am not saying Standalone is bad either but few points have been stated above on its merits.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:02pm On Mar 18
isangjohnson:

It's still a matter of choice as some people may consider other factors like price, idle power consumption.....

Yea choice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 10:27pm On Mar 18
Can anybody please reccomend a good 48v inverter with capacity less than 1500w output please. My total load is 350w, 400w so all this 3500W, 5000w inverter is just not it for me. Currently using 12v but I want to move to a bigger 5.12kwh battery but if I stay on 12v with this kind of battery size, I will end up spending too much money on wiring as well as charge controller. Lets not even talk of the heat generated from needing 80A to 100A to charge a 400ah 5.12kwh Lifepo4 battery in 5hours if it was 12v compared to just 20A I will need on 48v for the same battery capacity. So anybody with any good recommendation please. 48v inverter. Less than 1500w(1.5kva). Or even 1000w sef. A good and well known brand please.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 10:28pm On Mar 18
dollarnaira:

I am unapologetically a hybrid fan, till next life, Take it or leave it, standalone systems are gradually becoming obsolete.

Deye and Sunsynk and a few other brands are taking the lead. Their inbuilt MPPT are the best so far, they will suck the juice out of your panels before considering any other source.
The configurable Gen-Port option makes it possible to have your heavy loads turned off and on according to the battery SOC and available energy from the Sun.
Configurable "Time of Use" makes it possible to tell the inverter when to use Grid to charge your battery.
Configurable Protections from unsafe Grid sources are the bomb. For example you can set the inverter to ignore grid if the incoming Ac voltage is not within 200V and 230V. You can also tell it to wait for some time (say 1-5minutes) before accepting grid when "Nepa brings light".

We now have Hybrids with 1000HVDC (High Voltage DC Input) both on battery Input and PV inputs, meaning that they do little or no energy conversion or inversion on the DC circuits. Say you have battery banks of 1000VDC that can charge with 200-1000VDC source, and PV array of 800-1000VDC, so your HV Hybrid Inverter just passes the Voltage to the battery terminals without worrying itself. Blue Carbon has such function where you connect the PV directly to the Battery, Oh yes you heard me right. No external CC or Hybrid required because the MPPT is built into the Battery.
Many of these functions are not yet available on the Voltronic based Inverters.
People should not be discouraged from getting Hybrids, rather you point out the functions and safety features to look out for when considering a Hybrid Inverter.
To Prospective Hybrid users: Do a good Earthing, Get a good Stabilizer is possible, Check out the interesting features of the Hybrid Inverter you are about to buy. If all pans out, go for it.
Truth is, Hybrids are here to stay.
Please let's stop instigating fear into people who are contemplating on startups with smart systems.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:39pm On Mar 18
jonescosmos:

I am unapologetically a hybrid fan, till next life, Take it or leave it, standalone systems are gradually becoming obsolete.

Deye and Sunsynk and a few other brands are taking the lead. Their inbuilt MPPT are the best so far, they will suck the juice out of your panels before considering any other source.
The configurable Gen-Port option makes it possible to have your heavy loads turned off and on according to the battery SOC and available energy from the Sun.
Configurable "Time of Use" makes it possible to tell the inverter when to use Grid to charge your battery.
Configurable Protections from unsafe Grid sources are the bomb. For example you can set the inverter to ignore grid if the incoming Ac voltage is not within 200V and 230V. You can also tell it to wait for some time (say 1-5minutes) before accepting grid when "Nepa brings light".

We now have Hybrids with 1000HVDC (High Voltage DC Input) both on battery Input and PV inputs, meaning that they do little or no energy conversion or inversion on the DC circuits. Say you have battery banks of 1000VDC that can charge with 200-1000VDC source, and PV array of 800-1000VDC, so your HV Hybrid Inverter just passes the Voltage to the battery terminals without worrying itself. Blue Carbon has such function where you connect the PV directly to the Battery, Oh yes you heard me right. No external CC or Hybrid required because the MPPT is built into the Battery.
People should not be discouraged from getting Hybrids, rather you point out the functions and safety features to look out for when considering a Hybrid Inverter.
To Prospective Hybrid users: Do a good Earthing, Get a good Stabilizer is possible, Check out the interesting features of the Hybrid Inverter you are about to buy. If all pans out, go for it.
Please let's stop instigating fear into people who are contemplating on startups with smart systems.

Instigating fear ?
Is the person a toy?
It is a choice, don't make it look like debate.
V4, V6 and V8 vehicles are choices too.

It is your choice,
Enjoy!

Your needs and mine are opposite and negative grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 11:20pm On Mar 18
jonescosmos:

E be like you dey produce Hybrid!

Because... grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 11:23pm On Mar 18
800V - 1000V HVDC. shocked shocked shocked

We don't want to start reading news like "Solar Installer electrocuted while working." ooo!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:16am On Mar 19
Why is my solar panel drawing current back when the sun goes down, I decided not to put up loads for two days, I notice rhe current always regressing as soon as the sun become low
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 5:50am On Mar 19
jonescosmos:

All my inverters are hybrid.

Even if we run away from hybrid inverters, in other aspects of our lives we may still be doing hybrids.

Only the very rich today still buy separate tuners, separate amplifiers, separate CD/DVD/Bluray decks, separate tape decks, separate LP record decks.

If you can afford buy 2 of the same inverter and keep one in cold storage for the day of doom if it ever comes

The market prefers hybrids (combos) and the manufacturers have listened

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by icjunior(m): 6:27am On Mar 19
FEGEITOK:

All my inverters are hybrid.

Even if we run away from hybrid inverters, in other aspects of our lives we may still be doing hybrids.

Only the very rich today still buy separate tuners, separate amplifiers, separate CD/DVD/Bluray decks, separate tape decks, separate LP record decks.

If you can afford buy 2 of the same inverter and keep one in cold storage for the day of doom if it ever comes

The market prefers hybrids (combos) and the manufacturers have listened

Yeah,the world is moved onto hybrid everything.
But then hybrid inverters are more expensive ain't they?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 6:45am On Mar 19
easyyoke:
Can anybody please reccomend a good 48v inverter with capacity less than 1500w output please. My total load is 350w, 400w so all this 3500W, 5000w inverter is just not it for me. Currently using 12v but I want to move to a bigger 5.12kwh battery but if I stay on 12v with this kind of battery size, I will end up spending too much money on wiring as well as charge controller. Lets not even talk of the heat generated from needing 80A to 100A to charge a 400ah 5.12kwh Lifepo4 battery in 5hours if it was 12v compared to just 20A I will need on 48v for the same battery capacity. So anybody with any good recommendation please. 48v inverter. Less than 1500w(1.5kva). Or even 1000w sef. A good and well known brand please.

Abeg make una help me put mouth please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:53am On Mar 19
icjunior:

Yeah,the world is moved onto hybrid everything.
But then hybrid inverters are more expensive ain't they?

They are cheaper when you come to think of it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:06am On Mar 19
mctfopt:

They are cheaper when you come to think of it.
But how often, in your experience, do they break down.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 7:15am On Mar 19
easyyoke:

Abeg make una help me put mouth please
u just won take overdose .. wetin u de find big battery 4 with ur small load...u nor even see 24v 2 move 2 assuming its critical..na 48v all yonder
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:32am On Mar 19
easyyoke:

Buy from Aliexpress if you can't find it locally. 48V 500w dey self.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kendzyma(m): 9:46am On Mar 19
Hi everyone, I want to know the impact of charging two 12v (24v system) tubular batteries(220ah) with nepa..I currently share my prepaid meter with a neighbor and I feel charging my batteries with electricity consumes alot of unit because i do see charging current of around 18A in the inverter display.

is the charging current same as continuously using an air conditioner? Or the energy consumption in charging the battery is insignificant?, just want to be clear on this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SaintUlot: 10:21am On Mar 19
dollarnaira:

Until u put price here nobody will take u serious bros.

So you didn't see price in what you quoted?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:51am On Mar 19
Kendzyma:
Hi everyone, I want to know the impact of charging two 12v (24v system) tubular batteries(220ah) with nepa..I currently share my prepaid meter with a neighbor and I feel charging my batteries with electricity consumes alot of unit because i do see charging current of around 18A in the inverter display.

is the charging current same as continuously using an air conditioner? Or the energy consumption in charging the battery is insignificant?, just want to be clear on this.

The energy consumed by your battery is the charging Current X Battery Voltage.. 18A X 24V = that 432W.. and because of efficiency your inverter may be taking 500W from your prepaid units to deliver this power.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kendzyma(m): 11:13am On Mar 19
Dam5reey:

The energy consumed by your battery is the charging Current X Battery Voltage.. 18A X 24V = that 432W.. and because of efficiency your inverter may be taking 500W from your prepaid units to deliver this power.
Thanks, it means it will significantly increase my electricity bills right?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jasp12(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19
TechGeek777:

Although the HP of your AC wasn't stated, but if you can up your budget to 1.8m, you could get the following:

24v 3.6Kw SMS Sunmate Inverter 350k - 400k

24v 105Ah(2688w) LiFePO4 Battery 650k
Expected price according to Valto from previous response.

Jinko 435w * 4(1740w) 480k

Installation, Cables & Accessories 270k

Above are 1.75m - 1.8m

UPDATED

@parser @TechGeek777
Pls where can I get this inverter to buy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.