Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058698 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 11:14am On Apr 20
Dam5reey:

Get QASA AC/DC, it's the best, it goes from 1 to 9.. 4watts to 65watts. most time you'll use 4 to 6 that only 12wats to 25watts.
7 8 9 are on another level.. consumes 36w, 45 and 65watts but omo, you don't want to use those always.
I use 2 or 3 for all day just for continued ventilation which is good enough 7 and 10 watts
I shared a picture here some time ago of the power consumption by Levels. I can't find the pictures now.

Updated: I found the post.
1 - 3w
2 - 5w
3 - 8w
4 - 14w
5 - 18w
6 - 27W
7 - 35w
8 - 45w
9 - 65w

How much is the fan?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:23am On Apr 20
isangjohnson:

Mek una leave my business partner alone.
Everybody is made differently. Some people may not really have time to respond to series of questions/findings/request asked by customers.
It sometimes took me a week or more to constantly attain to a customer's
findings. Some of them may not make payment at that time as they may still need to confirm the information given from other sources.
There is a guy here, I don't know his name, that wanted to buy my 160ah 24v Lfp battery
pack. He asked me series of questions for a few days. When he was about to make payment, he asked me, is your cell grade A?
I knew he wanted the answer to be "yes or no." I would have told him yes because that was what he wanted to hear but I refused to tell him yes or no. I told him that my cells are not Ev Automobile Grade Cells but they're all quality cells that didn't meet the Ev Automobile specifications.
The guy cancelled the payment immediately.. Lol.
I called him the following day and started laughing grin grin.. I explained a few things to him including the actual cost of Ev Automobile Grade Cell, how I do carry out routine capacity test on my cells when they arrive and how I do peel off the surface of the cells to check if the qr code has been tempered with. I also gave him a few lines of research on the type of cell Chinese cell reseller's called grade A cell.
After about three days, the guy came back to pay for the battery pack but someone else has already paid and carried it.
Online business require you give much of your time to potential customers and also give them satisfactory answers to their questions. They may not buy your products at that particular time as they may still need time to work on the information given but if you give them genuine information, they will certainly return for the product.

Make I expose myself. Na me the person this bros dey talk about.. grin...and I still beat myself up for missing the offer. Another thing don come chop the money... embarassed...thanks for the patience in answering all my numerous questions, Baba. You are one of a kind. Weldone!

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SaintUlot: 11:30am On Apr 20
SaintUlot:
5 months used 300w x 3 Monochristaline Solar panels available for sale

Price 65k

Call/WhatsApp 08035537864 if interested

Sold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 12:26pm On Apr 20
damilonya:

Are you in Abuja please?
yes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 12:30pm On Apr 20
Abuja developers have gone from installing solar panels in houses they want to , now they install Electric charging points and wait for you to buy electric car. Nice one.... The house in question has a 30Kw solar array...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:59pm On Apr 20
swagifted:
Abuja developers have gone from installing solar panels in houses they want to , now they install Electric charging points and wait for you to buy electric car. Nice one.... The house in question has a 30Kw solar array...

Or they want to start selling electricity cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 1:07pm On Apr 20
Obnoxious2001:

Or they want to start selling electricity cool
hmmmm no be small thing, use excess solar and charge your electric car... Reduce nepa bill... Also reduce going to filling stations. Win win
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20
sharks776:

5 hours yes, but based on theory as other variables dey.
variables like?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Betnomore: 1:33pm On Apr 20
In summary. This is just saying my paddy ur ways no pure without actually saying it..Wehdone grin

isangjohnson:

Mek una leave my business partner alone.
Everybody is made differently. Some people may not really have time to respond to series of questions/findings/request asked by customers.
It sometimes took me a week or more to constantly attain to a customer's
findings. Some of them may not make payment at that time as they may still need to confirm the information given from other sources.
There is a guy here, I don't know his name, that wanted to buy my 160ah 24v Lfp battery
pack. He asked me series of questions for a few days. When he was about to make payment, he asked me, is your cell grade A?
I knew he wanted the answer to be "yes or no." I would have told him yes because that was what he wanted to hear but I refused to tell him yes or no. I told him that my cells are not Ev Automobile Grade Cells but they're all quality cells that didn't meet the Ev Automobile specifications.
The guy cancelled the payment immediately.. Lol.
I called him the following day and started laughing grin grin.. I explained a few things to him including the actual cost of Ev Automobile Grade Cell, how I do carry out routine capacity test on my cells when they arrive and how I do peel off the surface of the cells to check if the qr code has been tempered with. I also gave him a few lines of research on the type of cell Chinese cell reseller's called grade A cell.
After about three days, the guy came back to pay for the battery pack but someone else has already paid and carried it.
Online business require you give much of your time to potential customers and also give them satisfactory answers to their questions. They may not buy your products at that particular time as they may still need time to work on the information given but if you give them genuine information, they will certainly return for the product.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 1:35pm On Apr 20
kristien4:
i have experienced thesame thing, very sour experience.. If person like that get physical shop, e go use that e attitude drive all the customers.. very unwelcoming.

Foolish Kiekie again.. old man wey never still wise.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20
swagifted:
wow. no be small thing. 30kw solar array, no be here. shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:08pm On Apr 20
odimbannamdi:

Make I expose myself. Na me the person this bros dey talk about.. grin...and I still beat myself up for missing the offer. Another thing don come chop the money... embarassed...thanks for the patience in answering all my numerous questions, Baba. You are one of a kind. Weldone!
I never knew you were the one. God will provide another cash for you Boss. Thanks for your patronage.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:09pm On Apr 20
Betnomore:
In summary. This is just saying my paddy ur ways no pure without actually saying it..Wehdone grin

grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20
isangjohnson:

I never knew you were the one. God will provide another cash for you Boss. Thanks for your patronage.

Amen. Thanks boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 3:20pm On Apr 20
Those kind houses eh, make I guess, either Katampe extension or na Guzape this houses dey ba

swagifted:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20
Hybrid600:
Those kind houses eh, make I guess, either Katampe extension or na Guzape this houses dey ba

na guzape o...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 3:32pm On Apr 20
Valto:
wow. no be small thing. 30kw solar array, no be here. shocked
solarco do one block of flats for jabi... 100KW.... Hundred thousand watts...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 3:44pm On Apr 20
Mad constructions dey go on for that area.

swagifted:
na guzape o...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 3:45pm On Apr 20
I like these kinds of innovation. The rent no go cheap to enjoy this comfort.

swagifted:
solarco do one block of flats for jabi... 100KW.... Hundred thousand watts... 8 units of 3 bedroom de share am.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 4:02pm On Apr 20
24v 800/1600W Pure Sine Wave Sachet inverter for sale @ N50k

Location = Lagos.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zenith4biz(m): 6:42pm On Apr 20
zenith4biz:
12v 2000w pure sine wave inverter for sale, barely used. Strong build quality and one of the most expensive satchet inverter on AliExpress
Money back guarantee
Reason for sale
Just upgraded to 24v set-up

Price #55,000 non-negotiable

Still available

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 6:55pm On Apr 20
Re-introducing the 3000W EASun Pure Sine Wave inverter (12V/24V)

Price: 94,000

Youtube link video shows the inverter powering an inductive electric cooker, pressing iron, microwave, washing machine, deep freezer, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgbL4Lw_Bw

Key Features:
- Peak power 3000w; Continuous 1500w
- Offgrid (no charging function. you need an external charger for your batteries). Recommendation avalable
- Consumes very low power (<5w) from your batteries to invert, so you will get more backup time from your batteries
- Protection against overload. It only trips off with an alarm sound and light when overloaded, but returns to normal working when you switch off and on again.
- Protection against surges from sparks, partial contacts and reverse polarity connections

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 7:51pm On Apr 20
smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gifted65: 9:51pm On Apr 20
100k each, I'm based in Delta

oweniwe:
Auction Sale

Less than 4 months used

DeBull Tall Tubular 220ah batteries

Still fresh like new.

Two (2) Units.

Video available

Reason for sale: Upgrading to Lithium

Make a good offer and they're yours

Video available. Chat WhatsApp 08104447220
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 10:06pm On Apr 20
gifted65:
100k each, I'm based in Delta

zeestone99:

Kartel 220ah tubular battery - 220k

Starplus 220ah tubular battery - 215k

Addo 220ah tubular battery - 240k

Mpower 220ah tubular battery - 230k

Current prices. 100k is too low sir 🙏
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by inoki247: 11:10pm On Apr 20
amicdan:
Hi House.
My charge controller drops from 5 bar ( 13.6 volts ) to 3bar ( 12.4 volts ) after full charge on a load of 150 watts within 2 minutes.

What could be the issue ? Setup was done a week ago.

Note had to charge with external intelligent 20amps charger to full bar.

This is my set up :
1. 2 x 335 watt GCL panel in series
2. 60 amp PWM Charge controller
3. 220amps Caesar tubular Battery
4. 1KVA MSW Inverter

The main issue is the battery dropping from 5 bar to 3 bar on the charge controller with 2 minutes once load is applied on the the battery.

Hi so were you able to solve this issue...

I have someone with similar case...

Please tell me solution if it's been solved.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 1:05am On Apr 21
Hybrid600:
I like these kinds of innovation. The rent no go cheap to enjoy this comfort.

you saw the article on nairaland by ugodre of nairametrics where he said they are currently paying over 400 naira per unit for electricity in his estate in ikate and i think they are less than 20 tenants in that estate, and the company offering the power as a service is even using diesel gen to supplement power when the grid is not supplying.....with massive solar as a landlord every afternoon you go just de smile to the bank,...and according to him part of the agreement was that price of electricity can be adjusted in months time ..if the price of diesel kept going up by now electricity for that estate go don reach 500 naira per unit....Jabi lake mall in abuja has 600KW of solar panels sitting on top of its roof... You can imagine the energy savings all these years... Ado bayero mall in kano state has 1MW of solar panels on its roof.. That one they used Schneider electric inverters. Enormous daytime energy savings...money de dis thing. I don see am finish.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 2:35am On Apr 21
Done and Dusted !!!

Abuja People !!!

The fear of Band A, Band B and Band etc is the beginning of wisdom.
This Client first said: "just install something that will power my fridge and Lighting points."
And I asked him, "Will you be wanting to upgrade this setup someday?"
He said maybe. I proposed he should simply go OFF-GRID he said give me quotation, I quoted:

12Kw Deye Inverter
24x625W Jinko,
35KW (2 x 17.5KW) Felicity Lithium

as usual and he screamed and said just install something that will power my fridge and Lighting points that he can add things later and will be supporting the heavy loads and recharge the battery with Nepa for now (I explained and tried to discourage him from doing this till I got tired). We adjusted this quotation so tey we landed on:

8KW Deye
17.5KW Felicity Lithium
3.5KWp Jinko Panels (8x440w)

And we deployed.
He was happy, but then the battery will never fill up before sun down, he recharged his Meter as usual 50K (Band A) twice and the credit lasted less than 3 days, He called me back and said:
"E be like say that thing wey you been dey try explain to me na true ooo, to charge this battery with Nepa go tear my wallet"

He said Ok let's power the whole house and see
So I did something for him, I powered the whole house, Put some ACs the heavy loads on SmartLoad, we switched off the water heater and job done.
He tested for 3 days and as soon as the client noticed that the inverter could take all his loads, He called me back and said that we have to upgrade this setup ASAP to power everything house 247. But remember that we had opted for an 8KW instead of 12KW inverter, 440w Panels instead of 625w Panels, 1 unit of 17.5kw Instead of 2 Units. He asked if we can sell the Inverter and Panels to upgrade to the initial quote. I told him that he might not realize the money 100% and he screamed "something wey I never use up to one week?
I asked if I should post it online and see, he said no let him contact his friends that knows about Inverters and Solar. He did and in my presence his friends where pricing less than half of what he invested. I asked him again "Make I post am online?" He said "NO NEED, If people wey know me dey price am like this, wetin people wey no know me go come price am" that I should find a way to make this thing work out.

And so I did:

8KW Deye
12KWp Jinko Panels (8x625W + 16x440w)
After powering up around 1PM yesterday, the Batteries filled up before 4PM from 40% to 100%. grin
Thanks to Deye SmartLoad Function

Load:
8 x 1.5hp LG Dual Inverters Permanently Put on Inverter Mode (5 Units on SmartLoad)
1 x 620Ltr 4 Door Samsung Fridge
1 x 420Ltr Hisense Freezer (SmartLoad)
6 x 60Inch LED TVs
1 x 100Ltr Water Heater (SmartLoad)
1 x Double Burner Electric Cooker Unit (SmartLoad)
1 x 3ft Double Fan Cooker Heat Extractor (SmartLoad)
1 x Microwave Oven (SmartLoad)
1 x 0.75hp Pressure Pumping Machine
1 x Water Dispenser
>Plenty Lighting Points (No vex I lost counts)
>Other plenty Gadgets.

Clients can be difficult, But do your best as the Engineer to convince them with evidence.

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 2:43am On Apr 21
swagifted:
solarco do one block of flats for jabi... 100KW.... Hundred thousand watts... 8 units of 3 bedroom de share am.

SolarCo is a reliable Partner.

I was supposed to do this project in Jabi. But some other projects took me out to PH and all, they grew inpatient and went on to bring in their Team from Lebanon to do the installation.
Lot's of similar projects has been done in Abuja recently, many more on going.

I will be deploying a
50KW Deye HV
74KWp (128 x 580W) Longi Hi-Mo X6 Panels,
61.2KW Deye HV Battery Rack

And Another:
12KW Deye
15KWp Panels
36.4KW Battery Banks

Pretty soon.
Great Guys, Great Team, Very Humble young dudes I must confess.

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 3:26am On Apr 21
jonescosmos:
Done and Dusted !!!

Abuja People !!!

The fear of Band A, Band B and Band etc is the beginning of wisdom.
This Client first said: "just install something that will power my fridge and Lighting points."
And I asked him, "Will you be wanting to upgrade this setup someday?"
He said maybe. I proposed he should simply go OFF-GRID he said give me quotation, I quoted:

12Kw Deye Inverter
24x625W Jinko,

as usual and he screamed and said just install something that will power my fridge and Lighting points that he can add things later and will be supporting the heavy loads and recharge the battery with Nepa for now (I explained and tried to discourage him from doing this till I got tired). We adjusted this quotation so tey we landed on:

8KW Deye
17.5KW Felicity Lithium
3.5KWp Jinko Panels (8x440w)

And we deployed.
He was happy, but then the battery will never fill up before sun down, he recharged his Meter as usual 50K (Band A) twice and the credit lasted less than 3 days, He called me back and said:
"E be like say that thing wey you been dey try explain to me na true ooo, to charge this battery with Nepa go tear my wallet"

He said Ok let's power the whole house and see
So I did something for him, I powered the whole house, Put some ACs the heavy loads on SmartLoad, we switched off the water heater and job done.
He tested for 3 days and as soon as the client noticed that the inverter could take all his loads, He called me back and said that we have to upgrade this setup ASAP to power everything house 247. But remember that we had opted for an 8KW instead of 12KW inverter, 440w Panels instead of 625w Panels, 1 unit of 17.5kw Instead of 2 Units. He asked if we can sell the Inverter and Panels to upgrade to the initial quote. I told him that he might not realize the money 100% and he screamed "something wey I never use up to one week?
I asked if I should post it online and see, he said no let him contact his friends that knows about Inverters and Solar. He did and in my presence his friends where pricing less than half of what he invested. I asked him again "Make I post am online?" He said "NO NEED, If people wey know me dey price am like this, wetin people wey no know me go come price am" that I should find a way to make this thing work out.

And so I did:

8KW Deye
12KWp Jinko Panels (8x625W + 16x440w)
After powering up around 1PM yesterday, the Batteries filled up before 4PM from 40% to 100%. grin
Thanks to Deye SmartLoad Function

Load:
8 x 1.5hp LG Dual Inverters Permanently Put on Inverter Mode (5 Units on SmartLoad)
1 x 620Ltr 4 Door Samsung Fridge
1 x 420Ltr Hisense Freezer (SmartLoad)
6 x 60Inch LED TVs
1 x 100Ltr Water Heater (SmartLoad)
1 x Double Burner Electric Cooker Unit (SmartLoad)
1 x 3ft Double Fan Cooker Heat Extractor (SmartLoad)
1 x Microwave Oven (SmartLoad)
1 x 0.75hp Pressure Pumping Machine
1 x Water Dispenser
>Plenty Lighting Points (No vex I lost counts)
>Other plenty Gadgets.

Clients can be difficult, But do your best as the Engineer to convince them with evidence.

Bros abeg can you explain this smart load function a little more. How does it work with respect to heavy loads. Does the smart load help the battery cope better with all these resistive appliances I'm seeing here

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malevonent: 3:48am On Apr 21
odimbannamdi:

Hahahahah...that blocking part off me... grin...na our bros modus operandi be that o. Don't contact Kiekie until you are 101% ready to make a purchase and you must not price, otherwise na blocking straight. Baba no like time-wasters at all...lol

neanderthal behaviour in 2024, mek e go back to stone age abeg, he is a relic from a by gone era grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 4:42am On Apr 21
sharks776:

5 hours yes, but based on theory as other variables dey.

You go explain tire..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: olaztek(m), Drgreatone, zeestone99(m), kdaddy, Dam5reey(m), Buchika, abbey, emmaniche and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.