Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2066150 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:07pm On Apr 21
alosbaba007:
Abeg has anyone done business with Energymall in lekki before, are they legit

They have a physical office address in lekki phase1.

Their Gennex branded Inverters are cheaper than Gennex themselves.

People dnt talk more abt them here like Gennex and Fouani , reason why i dey ask.

Thanks
Avoid that gennex inverter undecided
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 6:34pm On Apr 21
Penuelseun:
8am to 6pm daily except in periods of bad weather, changed my panels to 2 435w jinko solar panels and so far their performance has been exceptional
Do u still use the same 60a Powmr SCC? If yes, ow do u overcome the voc of 80 for 12v seeing as ur set up surpasses it if connected in series?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 6:43pm On Apr 21
Small ke 😁. Please let me know if you still need an installer.

Valto:
looking for an installer based in abuja. can i get your contact? though a small job. installation of 7pcs 475w panels and my 2pcs lithium batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 6:47pm On Apr 21
Valto:
looking for an installer based in abuja. can i get your contact? though a small job. installation of 7pcs 475w panels and my 2pcs lithium batteries.
kai make i no lie you i no go get chance o make i no dissapoint you... Currently i de jos de install starlink and ceiling speakers for one client
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 6:51pm On Apr 21
swagifted:
kai make i no lie you i no go get chance o make i no dissapoint you... Currently i de jos de install starlink and ceiling speakers for one client

Do you know how much is the star link?
Abeg bring red mangoes when you dey come back 😎
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bleexInc(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21
Ferdiwar:
If you can afford the Deye grab it with your full chest.

Thank you. Do Deye have non-hybrid inverter.
And do you think hybrid inverters are better
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bleexInc(m): 7:03pm On Apr 21
TechGeek777:

Deye if your pocket is large
Okay thank you. Will it be compatible with 200AH Amaron Quanta VRLA battery. I have two quanta battery in my current system. Thinking of getting additional two with the deye inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 7:05pm On Apr 21
How long have you used the older 2 quanta batteries?

bleexInc:

Okay thank you. Will it be compatible with 200AH Amaron Quanta VRLA battery. I have two quanta battery in my current system. Thinking of getting additional two with the deye inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21
redgem:
Saw few posts on panel purchase and noticed the panels came with cords but the ones I got from fouani came without cords... Please if you made purchase from fouani, do the panels come with cords?
This does not look like jinko panels sold by fouani, are they jinko?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21
Hybrid600:
Small ke 😁. Please let me know if you still need an installer.

pls pm me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21
How solid are Gennex hybrid inverters? They're apparently rebadged units from Axpert.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bleexInc(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21
Hybrid600:
How long have you used the older 2 quanta batteries?

Exactly one year.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21
Obnoxious2001:

Bad experiences?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 7:17pm On Apr 21
It's not advisable connecting new batteries to old batteries. The old will weaken the new ones .

bleexInc:

Exactly one year.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 7:25pm On Apr 21
Ferdiwar:
You can get them from Solarco (Abuja) or Xtra power (Lagos).

Deye is a very good superior product but do they have a friendly service center when push comes to shove?

Basically, the after sales service offered by Felicity is mostly the reason we stick with them. Our chest doesn't start biting heavily whenever a client calls to complain about something not working.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bleexInc(m): 7:27pm On Apr 21
Hybrid600:
It's not advisable connecting new batteries to old batteries. The old will weaken the new ones .

Oh really. Thank you for this info. I would have gone ahead to do this.
Can I use the two old battery with a 5-8kw inverter pending when I can get new set of battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 7:45pm On Apr 21
Except it's a 24v inverter system, that's only when your 2 batteries will work.
I think their 5,8,12kw systems are rated at 48v.

bleexInc:

Oh really. Thank you for this info. I would have gone ahead to do this.
Can I use the two old battery with a 5-8kw inverter pending when I can get new set of battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21
I have this Mopower 24v inverter gathering dust in my office

Working perfectly.

Any taker? Am looking for 110k

WhatsApp

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21
kristien4:

Wanted to say the same thing
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bleexInc(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21
Hybrid600:
Except it's a 24v inverter system, that's only when your 2 batteries will work.
I think their 5,8,12kw systems are rated at 48v.

Ok Thank you. Much appreciated
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mrreed(m): 8:35pm On Apr 21
Good evening bosses, are high frequency inverters suitable for appliances like washing machine, pumping machine and freezer?
I am considering getting a 5kva inverter for a load range of 2500-3000w which will include any or all of the mentioned appliances.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 8:53pm On Apr 21
Obnoxious2001:

Pls share ur reasons and experiences, i dey plan to get 4units for my customers.

Abeg enlighten me more on the Inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:14pm On Apr 21
Drgreatone:

Unless he's getting a high quality hybrid inverter, he's better off having individual components. From my experience, the average hybrids require large panel arrays to power loads and charge at the same time. Use a small array and u wud be dependent on grid for optimal charging unless u add an external charge controller
I may not really understand what you mean by "an average hybrids require large panel arrays to power loads and charge at the same time" but I've installed 1.5kw 12v hybrid inverter 150v 80a with 2 pcs of 580w Longi pv and 280ah 12v Lfp battery for someone. He powered his 140w freezer during the day and still get the battery to float before 1pm depending on how deep the battery was discharged at night.
I'm expecting 1kw 12v and 1.5kw 12v high frequency hybrid inverter next month and I'll still test the charging system as well.
The issue you experienced may have caused by the configuration of that charging system by the company.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:17pm On Apr 21
Obnoxious2001:

It's on this thread deye and big names are been mentioned. Yes you will recoup investment faster if you go cheap

Man just needs a simple inverter that can be fixed easily and fast.
He has about 3 inverters 10 and 5kva. Then a 12kva redundant inverter. All linked together in case the the 2 active inverters has issues the redundant system picks the load.

He designed the system from scratch from the Meters to Inverter that's just what I love about the whole system
That's very nice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 9:22pm On Apr 21
isangjohnson:

I may not really understand what you mean by "an average hybrids require large panel arrays to power loads and charge at the same time" but I've installed 1.5kw 12v hybrid inverter 150v 80a with 2 pcs of 580w Longi pv and 280ah 12v Lfp battery for someone. He powered his 140w freezer during the day and still get the battery to float before 1pm depending on how deep the battery was discharged at night.
I'm expecting 1kw 12v and 1.5kw 12v high frequency hybrid inverter next month and I'll still test the charging system as well.
The issue you experienced may have caused by the configuration of that charging system by the company.

Can those two 580w longi panels comfortably charge a 24v 105ah battery? And what brand of inverter did you install?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by walexsos: 9:42pm On Apr 21
hello everyone, I have been following this thread for quite some time and sincerely I appreciate everyone for keeping the thread alive....

pls I have a setup of 48v system of sukam 3.5kva transformer based inverter and 4 pieces of 220ah mercury tubular batteries which I use to run my viewing centre( whenever there is football matches at weekends and midweek matches at night) and gaming shop but it doesn't serve me for 24hrs as it's also connected to my room at home which I use after closing at the shop around 10pm
note.... ( I only use it to power few energy saving lights and ceiling fan at home from 10 pm till the next day)

I used 12pieces of 300w panels which was arranged in 3s 4p with a 60amps felicity cc...I am thinking of adding 4 more panels but I am not sure if the cc can accommodate 4s, 4p, below are the gadget used at the two places

game shop
2 slim PS4
4 slim PS3
2 42 inches 4k smart
4 32 inches led tv
2 AC/DC fan at the game shop

viewing centre
3 50 inches smart TV
2 62 inches ceiling fan

pls should I add 4 more panels or just upgrade to lithium battery and what capacity of lithium battery can run this loads conveniently and still have enough back up at night if need be
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by redgem(f): 9:45pm On Apr 21
kristien4:

Those are not the jinko panels but a screenshot I saw online showing the cords on some panels someone purchased...

See below the jinko, just took a snap of the sticker

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:49pm On Apr 21
Mrreed:
Good evening bosses, are high frequency inverters suitable for appliances like washing machine, pumping machine and freezer?
I am considering getting a 5kva inverter for a load range of 2500-3000w which will include any or all of the mentioned appliances.
Yes.
Though the brand of the inverter is unknown but I'll advise you work with an average max load of 2500w at a time to pave way for more allowance and the cooler of the system. I think this is way the LF inverters lord over the HF inverters. Powerful transformer Vs MOSFETs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by leTrizzle: 10:02pm On Apr 21
Penuelseun:
8am to 6pm daily except in periods of bad weather, changed my panels to 2 435w jinko solar panels and so far their performance has been exceptional
Ok, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 10:08pm On Apr 21
twinskenny:

Can this smartoad work with srne inverter?

I haven't seen any Voltronic Based inverter with this function.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fashrola(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21
Betnomore:
I'm not saying his water or products are bad. It's just the way he conducts his bysiness is not what I'm comfortable with. I contacted him few months ago regarding the distilled water and he told me the price. I told him i would be coming to abule egba to pick up when my route is around that area as i cant afford to pay for delivery. Can you belive this giy just blocked me on whatsapp? I can't compel him on how to conduct his business but as a buyer also, I can decide not to patronize him. I just need a local seller here in Ikorodu. Thanks

The guy is unserious business man too....... He will spam the whole thread with his advert, but to reply to whatsapp messages is a problem....
I needed a 12V Hybrid inverter urgently and I contacted him about it, up till now my message on whatsapp has not been replied

Thank God i got it from @isangJohnson

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Jordifoote, QuoteJust1nce and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.