Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2064232 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) ... (1695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 9:34am On Apr 22
Obnoxious2001:

Avoid that gennex inverter undecided
lol.. u and this ur bad mouth.. leave genex piple alone ooo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fashrola(m): 10:18am On Apr 22
swagifted:
black market prices na around 650k or less for registered ones... The unregistered ones some vendor de call one million plus. But starlink officially don de advertise for 440k...i never try order.

Jumia is selling it for 440k

I bought a brand new unregistered unit on this forum for 425k last week

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 10:56am On Apr 22
iamphilips:

I have brand new starlink(no account )available in bulk n retail 570k each

Discount of buying multiple units

Can we subscribe or renew in Naira now?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by redgem(f): 11:13am On Apr 22
Juror:

Make things easier for yourself and us, send a full picture of your panel to show what's missing or not instead of giving us trailers and previews.

Lol....so sorry... I only have a video and photo of the sticker sent to me and from the video, I can't see any cord....

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 11:27am On Apr 22
fashrola:

i remember buying for as low as 380k before,...it is well
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 11:32am On Apr 22
jonescosmos:

Can we subscribe or renew in Naira now?
subscription with naira is working...but just hold like 3 to 5 Mastercards. one must work...GTB, access bank...na Dis two de work for most of my installations
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 11:35am On Apr 22
isangjohnson:

I used HSI and Zumax. If the panels are well oriented and the correct size wire was used, then the charging system of the hybrid inverter is the issue.
I had an issue with of one of the hybrid inverters I installed for a customer and suspected it was related to float bulk.. I was unable to get an acceptable margin of float bulk that could comfortably charge the Lfp battery to full. When I set it to the range of 13.8v to 14v, about 9a or thereabouts was coming in from the pv but when I pushed the setting further to about 14.8v, I was seeing 25a and above. I couldn't charge the Lfp battery with 14.8v and I later introduced my spare 60a epever Mppt external CC into it and everything was in order.
Yes, they facing south and are connected in series with a 6mm wire. Tried ur settings but nil change.
At a point was getting abt 180w from the panels but only abt 5a is going into the battery. Highest amps gotten since av gotten it was around 11a and that was when no loads on it and abt 350w from the panels.
Bin advised to get an extra panel and if no change, wud get the external CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 11:36am On Apr 22
Penuelseun:
My old powmr has a bug that sometimes changes the controller to pwm mode when the battery gets full and load is applied, I will have to switch the solar input off and on a few times before it returns to mppt mode, note that this only happens on 12v batteries, never happens on 24v systems
Oh ok. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:44am On Apr 22
redgem:

Lol....so sorry... I only have a video and photo of the sticker sent to me and from the video, I can't see any cord....

Cords are there both are towards left and right separately. It is different from the usual ones with 2 cables out of a box.

Pix Attached

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zenith4biz(m): 11:47am On Apr 22
Penuelseun:
My old powmr has a bug that sometimes changes the controller to pwm mode when the battery gets full and load is applied, I will have to switch the solar input off and on a few times before it returns to mppt mode, note that this only happens on 12v batteries, never happens on 24v systems

I noticed this also but I found out,the controller is best used when using panels with same voltage as battery.

12v solar panel for 12v battery
24v solar panels for 24v battery

When you run your panels in series, then the controller enters float na there e go dey even if you apply load thereby wasting solar yield

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 12:31pm On Apr 22
Juror:

If one has an inverter with dry ports that get signals based on the SOC, it's just a matter of relays and contactors + timers and one can replicate that. Which is why I love the latest jk bms features.

True, I used to do something like that when I was using Outback.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22
The guy na actually nuisance fellow.
Reached out to him before i decided to order my inverter direct from manufacturer. Uncouth, brash behaviour, i just carry my hard-earned money waka front. Surprised the mods still allow him in this group / thread.

Polaris1:

He is a rude and crude reseller.
He blocked me too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 1:07pm On Apr 22
Hello my people

Am looking to pick up 15kw Bluecarbon lithium battery any pointer to a reputable seller will be appreciated
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by redgem(f): 1:28pm On Apr 22
dollarnaira:

Cords are there both are towards left and right separately. It is different from the usual ones with 2 cables out of a box.

Pix Attached

Ok Sir....thank you so much....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22
fashrola:

no be lie, i have seen it on jumia for truly 440k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:30pm On Apr 22
JINKO 435W-OUT OF STOCK
JINKO 440W-OUT OF STOCK
JINKO 475W-130,000
JINKO 550W- 155,000
JINKO 580W-160,000
JINKO 625W-170,000

An authorized dealer in Ikorodu.
Fouani supplied.
Delivery available.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 2:51pm On Apr 22
Pls i need help choosing between these 3 inverters, they are similar in price

Growatt SPF 5000 ES Hybrid

Gennex Axpert Mks III 5kva Hybrid

Gennex Axpert Vm III Twin 6kva Hybrid

All 3 have lithium charging capability

Can work without battery

Has big pv input

Wifi compatible and remote monitoring
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by icjunior(m): 3:25pm On Apr 22
alosbaba007:

Can work without battery

Has big pv input

Growatt abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22
twinskenny:
Hello my people

Am looking to pick up 15kw Bluecarbon lithium battery any pointer to a reputable seller will be appreciated

Avoid kiekie

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22
tivta:

Avoid kiekie

Like plague I know him lol

Relationship with customer is 0

One of my client wanted to pick up solar heater from him ! His responses to questions and all was terrible

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22
Upgrade to a senior man's system...from 800w to 2.35kw..

Got CC from linnov8

*PV installation was constrained to be without much space underneath, for air circulation.

Images from new to old.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22
Trippledots:
I installed the old model PowMr CC yesterday for a boss, and with lithium battery.

On setting it up, I noticed the menu now has a D05. I used to know the menu stops at D04

So I'm curious, if anyone has noticed it and what is it's function. The manual is silent about it even.

CC @ linnov8

Attached is the new menu noticed. Anyone please?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 5:18pm On Apr 22
fashrola:

Airtel unlimited is preferable......Have been using it(Airtel unlimited) since December. Speed capped but truly unlimited. 20000 for 20mbps, You can't go wrong with it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by redgem(f): 5:22pm On Apr 22
Kiekie's approach to customers is nothing to write about.... He is so rude in his response like, he is doing you a favour and he can never change. Over 6 years people have been complaining but your opinions are irrelevant to him..... I can't deal with him please...

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ayomipoe(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22
There is no Airtel Unlimited for 20k.
After finishing the 200GB, you are given 10GB daily that you cannot track the use.

Please, if you have the money go for Starlink, 100% you won't regret it. It has its own issues o, but you will not regret switching. Especially if you live in an area where current Nigerian ISP's are crappy.

Peterlove11:

Airtel unlimited is preferable......Have been using it(Airtel unlimited) since December. Speed capped but truly unlimited. 20000 for 20mbps, You can't go wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 6:01pm On Apr 22
tivta:

Avoid kiekie
An endangered species

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 6:16pm On Apr 22
Ayomipoe:
There is no Airtel Unlimited for 20k.
After finishing the 200GB, you are given 10GB daily that you cannot track the use.

Please, if you have the money go for Starlink, 100% you won't regret it. It has its own issues o, but you will not regret switching. Especially if you live in an area where current Nigerian ISP's are crappy.

No this is different.....this is a data capped plan with FUP. Their unlimited is actually speed capped. Their is 20mbps, 40mbps and 60mbps. Do your research. In my location it's fast, I stream Netflix, stream live matches, and watch youtube in HD
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by walexsos: 6:25pm On Apr 22
Drgreatone:

Pls post the VOC of ur charge controller and also of the panels used before u can be adviced correctly on ur panel combination pattern

The voc of the charge controller is 145v

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 6:27pm On Apr 22
swagifted:
subscription with naira is working...but just hold like 3 to 5 Mastercards. one must work...GTB, access bank...na Dis two de work for most of my installations

Wow, thanks a lot for this piece.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TCD: 6:38pm On Apr 22
jonescosmos:
Done and Dusted !!!

Abuja People !!!

The fear of Band A, Band B and Band etc is the beginning of wisdom.
This Client first said: "just install something that will power my fridge and Lighting points."
And I asked him, "Will you be wanting to upgrade this setup someday?"
He said maybe. I proposed he should simply go OFF-GRID he said give me quotation, I quoted:

12Kw Deye Inverter
24x625W Jinko,
35KW (2 x 17.5KW) Felicity Lithium

as usual and he screamed and said just install something that will power my fridge and Lighting points that he can add things later and will be supporting the heavy loads and recharge the battery with Nepa for now (I explained and tried to discourage him from doing this till I got tired). We adjusted this quotation so tey we landed on:

8KW Deye
17.5KW Felicity Lithium
3.5KWp Jinko Panels (8x440w)

And we deployed.
He was happy, but then the battery will never fill up before sun down, he recharged his Meter as usual 50K (Band A) twice and the credit lasted less than 3 days, He called me back and said:
"E be like say that thing wey you been dey try explain to me na true ooo, to charge this battery with Nepa go tear my wallet"

He said Ok let's power the whole house and see
So I did something for him, I powered the whole house, Put some ACs the heavy loads on SmartLoad, we switched off the water heater and job done.
He tested for 3 days and as soon as the client noticed that the inverter could take all his loads, He called me back and said that we have to upgrade this setup ASAP to power everything house 247. But remember that we had opted for an 8KW instead of 12KW inverter, 440w Panels instead of 625w Panels, 1 unit of 17.5kw Instead of 2 Units. He asked if we can sell the Inverter and Panels to upgrade to the initial quote. I told him that he might not realize the money 100% and he screamed "something wey I never use up to one week?
I asked if I should post it online and see, he said no let him contact his friends that knows about Inverters and Solar. He did and in my presence his friends where pricing less than half of what he invested. I asked him again "Make I post am online?" He said "NO NEED, If people wey know me dey price am like this, wetin people wey no know me go come price am" that I should find a way to make this thing work out.

And so I did:

8KW Deye
35KW (2 x 17.5KW) Felicity Lithium
12KWp Jinko Panels (8x625W + 16x440w)
After powering up around 1PM yesterday, the Batteries filled up before 4PM from 40% to 100%. grin
Thanks to Deye SmartLoad Function

Load:
8 x 1.5hp LG Dual Inverters Permanently Put on Inverter Mode (5 Units on SmartLoad)
1 x 620Ltr 4 Door Samsung Fridge
1 x 420Ltr Hisense Freezer (SmartLoad)
6 x 60Inch LED TVs
1 x 100Ltr Water Heater (SmartLoad)
1 x Double Burner Electric Cooker Unit (SmartLoad)
1 x 3ft Double Fan Cooker Heat Extractor (SmartLoad)
1 x Microwave Oven (SmartLoad)
1 x 0.75hp Pressure Pumping Machine
1 x Water Dispenser
>Plenty Lighting Points (No vex I lost counts)
>Other plenty Gadgets.

Clients can be difficult, But do your best as the Engineer to convince them with evidence.

Hello.

How much is the Deye 8Kw inverter ?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 6:49pm On Apr 22
Flash sale

Used 1 unit of Original 12v 200ah Ritar SMF battery for sale

Battery was used under best practices (50% DoD) and charged optimally most times. It was used for 2 and half years.

Based on the load test I jperformed on the battery using the energy-efficient EASun satchet inverter on a load of 130w (just a 55" Hisense smart TV) it gave a backup time of 4 hours before hitting 12.0v from full charge. I project another 1 hour before the battery gets completely drained.

If you are looking to power a staggered load of lights, standing fan and laptop (all below 70w at any time), this will give you good value for money as it will last up to 7 hours

Battery will come with a free DC voltage meter that gives an independent voltage reading and a defective energy-efficient 18" Qasa AC/DC standing fan. I can refer you to someone that can fix it.

Price: 90,000 firm. Waybill is welcomed

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:20pm On Apr 22
alosbaba007:

Can work without battery

Has big pv input

Growatt is far better, heard Gennex is not too good with warranty on their inverters.

If you are not getting VICTRON, get DEYE, but if Deye is above you budget, get GROWATT, if Growatt is still above your budget get SRNE.

Any high frequency inverter outside above 4 mentioned inverters, just get SMS Sunmate Inverter if going for 24v or 48v.

NB: iPowerPlus 5kva is still good if going for low frequency inverter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) ... (1695) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: abbey, moneyest(m), jonescosmos, Mrreed(m), prestige2013 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.