Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,109 members, 7,863,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:14 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2151805 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) ... (1746) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 5:29pm On May 18
no matter how much power saving a manufacturer claims..if you wan enjoy AC, just beef up everything, solar o, inverter o, battery o.
Xanderone:

Is LG dual inverter different from LG smart inverter? I got the latter and it seems that the consumption only drops to around 850w after working for about 5 hours after the room temp has reached like 25 degrees. The setpoint on the remote is the lowest (16 degrees). The ramp up consumption when it starts is around 1015w

I also read in the manual that some model has "energy saving" mode, but it seems I can't find that option in this model of mine.

I hope I havent gotten the wrong model for use on solar set up.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Compliant(m): 5:30pm On May 18
osayuwamwen:
Lighting killed my inverter and Felicity controller last night, am so pained

Same thing happened to me some days ago here in abuja. My 3.5 inverter just went off during the lightning while my 2.5 inverter installed beside this 3.5 is just working normal.

I had to call the installer to get explanation as to what happened because i have a surge protector installed.

He came around to check ONLY for us to see that someone had removed the surge protector and the only person that came around to do maintenance work was his boy, we called him and he said he saw the surge protector there but did not touch it, meaning a ghost came to my house to remove surge protector guys.

Today i was told by the repairer that the board is bad and a new board is around 140,000 to 160,000
( i dont know true this is)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 5:42pm On May 18
Compliant:

Same thing happened to me some days ago here in abuja. My 3.5 inverter just went off during the lightning while my 2.5 inverter installed beside this 3.5 is just working normal.

I had to call the installer to get explanation as to what happened because i have a surge protector installed.

He came around to check ONLY for us to see that someone had removed the surge protector and the only person that came around to do maintenance work was his boy, we called him and he said he saw the surge protector there but did not touch it, meaning a ghost came to my house to remove surge protector guys.

Today i was told by the repairer that the board is bad and a new board is around 140,000 to 160,000

Which inverters are these 3.5kva & 2.5kva respectively?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:43pm On May 18
Compliant:

These guys have a whatsapp group for charges as a friend just paid a similar price to fix a 3.5kva. Sorry about that
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:44pm On May 18
swagifted:
no matter how much power saving a manufacturer claims..if you wan enjoy AC, just beef up everything, solar o, inverter o, battery o.

We all know we need more batteries and panels, but power saving suppose save you small. 900w+ is no saving.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 5:54pm On May 18
mctfopt:

Sorry about this experience. But I thought I have seen someone say their LG inverter AC power consumption can drop below 700w. As Gen Mode button is not working on this model, which model does it work for? Any possibility of return as what you got is not what you want? Once again sorry about this experience.

Thanks so much.

I believe the consumption can drop as much as 650w sef, so long as the set temperature is reached. Right now at 5:56pm,it has dropped to 831 watts with the room temperature at 27 degrees. That's the thing with inverter tech. But I don't believe it's comparable to the reviews I got about the LG dual inverter and maybe the Thermocool Gen pal series, whose consumption can drop to as low as 400w after cooling is achieved. That 250watts extra alone makes much difference when you're running off of batteries at night. I mean, my Thermocool inverter freezer alone uses 200w at it works well overnight. The balance of 50watts can still power a TV for another 6 hours before you retire to bed.

I assume the "Gen mode" is meant for the dual inverters or some other models close to it that has LVS (low voltage starter) and AVS (Automatic Voltage Switch) features in them, something which my model obviously lacks.

I don't think this can be returned. My request was for LG INVERTER AC and that's what I was provided. I wasn't particular about DUAL cos I was even ignorant about a dual inverter version anyways. The merchant and I both have a nice relationship and I wouldn't wanna strain it by rubbing my own mistake on them. Although I may explore the possibility sha, but Shey I will tell them that I want to return what I bought ni? 😂. What of the pre-filled gas that has already been used?

I feel if I can just do a garage sale to a willing buyer with about 60 to 80k off the original price.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:04pm On May 18
Xanderone:

Thanks so much.

I believe the consumption can drop as much as 650w sef, so long as the set temperature is reached. Right now at 5:56pm,it has dropped to 831 watts with the room temperature at 27 degrees. That's the thing with inverter tech. But I don't believe it's comparable to the reviews I got about the LG dual inverter and maybe the Thermocool Gen pal series, whose consumption can drop to as low as 400w after cooling is achieved. That 250watts extra alone makes much difference when you're running off of batteries at night. I mean, my Thermocool inverter freezer alone uses 200w at it works well overnight. The balance of 50watts can still power a TV for another 6 hours before you retire to bed.

I assume the "Gen mode" is meant for the dual inverters or some other models close to it that has LVS (low voltage starter) and AVS (Automatic Voltage Switch) features in them, something which my model obviously lacks.

I don't think this can be returned. My request was for LG INVERTER AC and that's what I was provided. I wasn't particular about DUAL cos I was even ignorant about a dual inverter version anyways. The merchant and I both have a nice relationship and I wouldn't wanna strain it by rubbing my own mistake on them. Although I may explore the possibility sha, but Shey I will tell them that I want to return what I bought ni? 😂. What of the pre-filled gas that has already been used?

I feel if I can just do a garage sale to a willing buyer with about 60 to 80k off the original price.

You can ask to return it and maybe add some money to cover some of üse"you have done. So its dual inverter for the win. If this is the USA you can totally return this without any issues smiley

My total load sometimes is less than 250w at night, so every watt counts smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:06pm On May 18
Xanderone:

Thanks so much.

Quite interesting as my Hisense 198L chest freezer only takes 110w at most.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 6:09pm On May 18
Compliant:

Sorry about that. There was apparently some dirty game played right there. So where the the surge protector disappear to?

Even though I make much solar ground maintenance myself, but when the guys come around either to help install more panels on the roof or clean the panels during dusty seasons, I always hang around and if I can't, I have all these movable/portable makeshift WiFi cameras trained on the spot where they work and I'm able to either remotely monitor them or check the recordings whenever I'm less busy.

Damn! Now you gotta start looking for a emergency 160k which was unnecessary in the first place.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 6:13pm On May 18
HeavenlyBang:

Quite interesting as my Hisense 198L chest freezer only takes 110w at most.

The thermocool inverter freezer I referred to is actually 319L. Always loaded to the brim at night (beverages, water etc) when business is closed for the day.

Your hisense 198L freezer power consumption is perfect at 110w. It will most likely drop further when items are frozen.

There's a hisense 212L (non inverter) that peaks at 135w when items are freshly loaded in it. By the time it freezes over, I get as low as 68 watts (see attached picture)

There is also a Thermocool 217L (regular condenser) but currently under repairs, that peaks at 168 watts with fresh items. It troughs at 98 watts when it's all frozen over.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 6:38pm On May 18
mctfopt:

You can ask to return it and maybe add some money to cover some of üse"you have done. So its dual inverter for the win. If this is the USA you can totally return this without any issues smiley

My total load sometimes is less than 250w at night, so every watt counts smiley

I think I'll try this. Better to see them face to face and negotiate that rather than on phone. So Monday should be okay. Honestly I'll be so happy if I can get this right.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 6:39pm On May 18
Check to be sure it's not sitting there for fancy and it's connected right. Some people can be funny.

Sapiosexuality:
Okay I see. Just saw one on our roof. Photo Attached. If I have this, I bet I'm fine, right? Or there's more?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:05pm On May 18
Xanderone:

The thermocool inverter freezer I referred to is actually 319L. Always loaded to the brim at night (beverages, water etc) when business is closed for the day.

Your hisense 198L freezer power consumption is perfect at 110w. It will most likely drop further when items are frozen.

There's a hisense 212L (non inverter) that peaks at 135w when items are freshly loaded in it. By the time it freezes over, I get as low as 68 watts (see attached picture)

There is also a Thermocool 217L (regular condenser) but currently under repairs, that peaks at 168 watts with fresh items. It troughs at 98 watts when it's all frozen over.

That's pretty good and shows Hisense efficiency is top tier these days.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:06pm On May 18
Xanderone:

I think I'll try this. Better to see them face to face and negotiate that rather than on phone. So Monday should be okay. Honestly I'll be so happy if I can get this right.

Thanks

Here's wishing you good luck. It should work, especially when the replacement is from them too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sankabson(m): 7:25pm On May 18
Hello Sir,

Which is the best Turbalur battery and price for this Inverter Set Up, as Lithium is on the highest side now..

- 7.5Kva Felicity Inverter
- 80ah Charge Controller
- 12 Panels of 300watts

I'll be glad if I can get any lead here.

Thanks in advance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Compliant(m): 7:32pm On May 18
TechGeek777:

This is The 3.5

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Compliant(m): 7:36pm On May 18
TechGeek777:

This is the 2.5, it has inbuilt charge controller but the installer advised me then to use external charge controller and I followed his advised, when the lightning affected the 3.5, this 2.5 was not affected

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by PotatoSalad(m): 7:36pm On May 18
mctfopt:

Thanks a lot, this exactly what I'd love to see; real life based experienced backed assertions. So thermocool while giving you that energy efficiency may just not cool as well as Hisense.

Is it because of this lower cooling capacity of the thermocool AC that made you replace it with Hisense? Secondly, between the Hisense and LG which of these two is more power efficient in your experience?

I followed the hype on AC thread and got the thermocool AC in 2020. Below average performance.
In terms of power efficiency, LG beats Hisense, plus you get other orishirishi smart features like ThinQ.
But if you own a solid solar setup and just want all round AC performance at a good price, I always recommend the Hisense inverter AC with R410A gas. Mortuary Standard AC. 1 hour on 20°C and you're running to get your thickest hoodie.

But if money na water, just get a Panasonic. 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:44pm On May 18
mctfopt:

Thanks a lot, this exactly what I'd love to see; real life based experienced backed assertions. So thermocool while giving you that energy efficiency may just not cool as well as Hisense.

Is it because of this lower cooling capacity of the thermocool AC that made you replace it with Hisense? Secondly, between the Hisense and LG which of these two is more power efficient in your experience?
LG is more power efficient than the Hisense.
LG dual inverter is better than LG Smart inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:52pm On May 18
swagifted:

It's sad that he got the wrong type of air conditioning unit. I too did not know LG makes different inverter ACs and energy saving is optional in some model.
I have a 1.5hp LG inverter ac that consumes about 400w plus after a while especially at night, I have seen it do 395w thereabout at some point. During the day it ramps up about 900w plus then drops to around 550w plus to 600w thereabout.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:04pm On May 18
PotatoSalad:

I followed the hype on AC thread and got the thermocool AC in 2020. Below average performance.
In terms of power efficiency, LG beats Hisense, plus you get other orishirishi smart features like ThinQ.
But if you own a solid solar setup and just want all round AC performance at a good price, I always recommend the Hisense inverter AC with R410A gas. Mortuary Standard AC. 1 hour on 20°C and you're running to get your thickest hoodie.

But if money na water, just get a Panasonic. 😂

Not in Tinubu regime smiley

isangjohnson:

LG is more power efficient than the Hisense.
LG dual inverter is better than LG Smart inverter.

Definitely going for the LG Dual inverter, the reviews are great. I had my sight set at Thermocool due to its energy efficiency. Though my main aim is to get a very efficient ac, one should not get something that doesn't work as I have seen many say Thermocool just doesn't work.

zeestone99:

It's sad that he got the wrong type of air conditioning unit. I too did not know LG makes different inverter ACs and energy saving is optional in some model.
I have a 1.5hp LG inverter ac that consumes about 400w plus after a while especially at night, I have seen it do 395w thereabout at some point. During the day it ramps up about 900w plus then drops to around 550w plus to 600w thereabout.

Please which model of LG inverter AC do you use? 550-600w for a 1.5HP AC is super impressive.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:09pm On May 18
mctfopt:

Not in Tinubu regime smiley

Definitely going for the LG Dual inverter, the reviews are great. I had my sight set at Thermocool due to its energy efficiency. Though my main aim is to get a very efficient ac, one should not get something that doesn't work as I have seen many say Thermocool just doesn't work.

Please which model of LG inverter AC do you use? 550-600w for a 1.5HP AC is super impressive.

LG dual inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 8:11pm On May 18
Drgreatone:

3 300watts panel, VOC is abt 39v all connected in series. Max I av gotten with it is abt 350watts. (Max amps like 3 to 3.5 from Isc of abt 9 and Volt is abt 110v). Feel I should be getting better yield though but guess that's the system limitation
So took me a while but concluded that what i have were relabelled 300w panels. Max I av gotten under load was 140w per panel and falls back to 110w at peak sun exposure. Guess that's why i wasnt really an advocate for the mppt part of the inverter. Hoping to do an upgrade of the panels soon and then give report on its performance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 8:11pm On May 18
obinna37:
Pls those that are using sms charge controller, it's showing amps coming to the battery but it's not showing the panel voltage,is it how it works
the ogas abeg make una look my side
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:12pm On May 18
Compliant:

This is The 3.5

This is hybrid, snap the side that contains the datasheet
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:13pm On May 18
zeestone99:

LG dual inverter.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 8:15pm On May 18
E no get wetin you wan tell @potatoSalad again, he dey go buy dual inverter model.

I've also seen LG inverter V ac. I was surprised and I wonder how efficient it will be.

zeestone99:

LG dual inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 8:18pm On May 18
No wahala. You do that and let us know how it goes. Heavy funds full on you ....

Drgreatone:

So took me a while but concluded that what i have were relabelled 300w panels. Max I av gotten under load was 140w per panel and falls back to 110w at peak sun exposure. Guess that's why i wasnt really an advocate for the mppt part of the inverter. Hoping to do an upgrade of the panels soon and then give report on its performance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 8:21pm On May 18
Those using sms controllers will definitely respond when they see this

obinna37:
the ogas abeg make una look my side
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by PotatoSalad(m): 8:35pm On May 18
Hybrid600:

E no get wetin you wan tell @potatoSalad again, he dey go buy dual inverter model.

I've also seen LG inverter V ac. I was surprised and I wonder how efficient it will be.

Wrong mention o. grin
I'm done with ACs for now. My only regret was not buying the LG smart inverter standing AC when I had the opportunity. Now the price don smoke weed lmao

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:38pm On May 18
Sankabson:
Hello Sir,

Which is the best Turbalur battery and price for this Inverter Set Up, as Lithium is on the highest side now..

- 7.5Kva Felicity Inverter
- 80ah Charge Controller
- 12 Panels of 300watts

I'll be glad if I can get any lead here.

Thanks in advance

Running a 7.5KVA Inverter, the Tubular batteries required to run and last long effectively will reach 16 units. so you are better off using a minimum 10KWH 48V Lithium ion, which is still in the range of 2.5M.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 9:02pm On May 18
twinskenny:
My seniors I need your help

I did this setup last week, now we are about to add the second battery to it both Bluecarbon 15kw….

Please how do I parallel both? So I will get a single source out of them ?

Thanks a lot…

You can introduce a battery isolation MCCB or get a pair of jumper cables same size as the existing one then connect positive to positive and negative to negative of each batteries, then connect the positive of the inverter to the positive of one of the batteries and then negative to negative of the second battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) ... (1746) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m), Haykay2001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.