Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2081471 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (1704) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anochuks08(m): 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2016
Brand New 60A Ep Solar Charge controller available for sale. Price is 115k. Location is Enugu. 07032801543

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 3:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
anochuks08:
Brand New 60A Ep Solar Charge controller available for sale. Price is 115k

No contact details?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anochuks08(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
Saipro:

No contact details?
sorry boss.
07032801543. Location is Enugu

Regards

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
still available
Wellsee charge controller C2430 12/24v 30amp - NEW

call/whatsapp - 08033735359
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have 1200KW(6 X 200W) installed with a Xantra 24V, 60A CC, previously all my panels were in series but I just changed them after some advice I got here.

The installer says when he tried to change the connection for my panels to 2 strings of 3 panels each by when the installer connected them we weren't getting any voltage at the CC, any ideas what could cause that?

He changed the connection to 3 strings of 2 panels each (now my Vpv is ~60A, used to be about ~30A),

I can see the improvements but I'm wondering why there was no voltage when the guy (supposedly) tried the 2 strings connection.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
netotse:
Hi Guys,

I have 1200KW(6 X 200W) installed with a Xantra 24V, 60A CC,

haba! i will agree with you if u say you did DIY using 2x3 but an installer did dat knowing ur cc is 24v. lucky u ur xanta survived. at least with my little knowledge I would have taken VOC to notice & advice d installer.

anyway. congrat on ur achievements!

up AE/RE
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
netotse:
Hi Guys,

I have 1200KW(6 X 200W) installed with a Xantra 24V, 60A CC, previously all my panels were in series but I just changed them after some advice I got here.

The installer says when he tried to change the connection for my panels to 2 strings of 3 panels each by when the installer connected them we weren't getting any voltage at the CC, any ideas what could cause that?

He changed the connection to 3 strings of 2 panels each (now my Vpv is ~60A, used to be about ~30A),

I can see the improvements but I'm wondering why there was no voltage when the guy (supposedly) tried the 2 strings connection.

Nameplate details or snapshots of the said xantra and solar panel will be needful in replies .. Cheer's !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Contact us for your inverter and solar installations at very affordable prices, we offer very neat and proffesional Installations, you can check some of our works on nairaland or Facebook page. We also sell diff ranges/brands of inverters, charge controllers and solar panels.
call us on 08117398294 for more details
Email - Info@monzpowersolutions.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/monzpowersolutions

Up Re, worry less about power.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2016
all,
as promised a few days back, here are pictures from my recent solar water heater installation.
apologies for the undue delay. i've been quite busy of late and also the system has been undergoing
rigorous stress tests to determine its viability under real world conditions.

so first of all the frame which holds the water heater tank and evacuated glass tubes in place.
we coupled this together before any thing else.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
test-mounting the tank to determine fit on the frame.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
evacuated glass tubes ready to be installed.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
the frame and water heater tank already mounted on its tower besides the main water tank.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
installing the glass tubes was a very delicate process. three men were involved each standing
at strategic points along the tower.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
glass tube installation still in progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
job almost complete. the water heater finally takes its pride of place.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
the view from below. neatly tucked into and projecting a little bit into the upper part of the roof.
nobody is wiser.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
testing time a day later. this is where the real deal is.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2016
steam from the sun. notice the white fumes everywhere. this is hot water without electricity!
my plumber nearly got scalded when he mistakenly tried to work on the hot water line without
first isolating it. he couldn't believe that water from the sun could be that hot!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
pure steam! mission accomplished!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
next, i'll be doing the economics of using the sun to heat your water as against using public power.
you guys will be shocked to see how much money is being thrown away yearly through ignorance.
stay tuned!

the sun truly is the answer!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
Sun is like a god......loving d sun
GeorgeD1:
next, i'll be doing the economics of using the sun to heat your water as against using public power.
you guys will be shocked to see how much money is being thrown away yearly through ignorance.
stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 7:47am On Nov 04, 2016
Interesting.. .what about at night, and is the water hot enough to make eba?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 9:04am On Nov 04, 2016
GeorgeD1:
steam from the sun. notice the white fumes everywhere. this is hot water without electricity!
my plumber nearly got scalded when he mistakenly tried to work on the hot water line without
first isolating it. he couldn't believe that water from the sun could be that hot!

WOW!... Nice one and congratulations to you again. Thanks for the clear pictures as usual.

Please check your email boss, I sent u some messages couple of days back.

Enjoy your newest installation cool!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2016
solar water heater. quite an investment on heating water. luxury is good my brother. I will need to advertise dis to 'mama put' for garri&apu to reduce her expense on firewood.

thanks for interesting documentary.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2016
GeorgeD1:
stay tuned!

Congratulations and Enjoy! Welcome to our world!

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 11:31am On Nov 04, 2016
Is there a sloar electric cooker, tire of buying Gas and kerosine

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
1. Wellsee charge controller C2430 12/24v 30amp - NEW
2. Emel inverter 1.5kva, 24v (used) for sale

call/whatsapp - 08033735359

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
dicksonadams:
Interesting.. .what about at night, and is the water hot enough to make eba?

dicksonadams,

the water heater tank can retain hot water for up to 72hrs so night time usage is not an issue
at all. just like your regular water heater, the water inside it does not suddenly become cold just
because there is public power outage. same thing goes for the solar water heater. the water
inside the tank doesn't suddenly go cold just because the sun has gone down.

as for the eba bit, i'm sure you intended that as a pun but seriously, the water indeed gets really
hot and you'll only need a little additional heating to get it to boiling point for eba or akamu
or tea for that matter.
afterall, do you make eba with hot water straight out of your ariston electric water heater at
home? i'm sure the answer is no. smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
Chuckdee:

WOW!... Nice one and congratulations to you again. Thanks for the clear pictures as usual.

Please check your email boss, I sent u some messages couple of days back.

Enjoy your newest installation cool!

chukdee,
thanks. i have replied you. check your inbox. cheers!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
JohnKester:

Congratulations and Enjoy! Welcome to our world!

Cheers

johnkester,

thanks man. i can see what you been enjoying all this while.
ignorance is not bliss at all.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
efuro:
solar water heater. quite an investment on heating water. luxury is good my brother. I will need to advertise dis to 'mama put' for garri&apu to reduce her expense on firewood.

thanks for interesting documentary.

efuro,

on the contrary, solar water heating is not a luxury as you seem to suggest but a necessity.
wait until you see the economics side of this as compared to the regular electric water heater
and you'll be in haste to edit your comment above.

as for 'mama put' using firewood to heat water to make garri and akpu, you and i know that
such is neither a sustainable practice nor is it environmentally acceptable in this day and age.
when we talk of renewable energy, burning of fossil fuels and other forms of earth polluting
substances cannot be a source of comparison - no matter how cheap they appear to be in
the short term.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
GeorgeD1:

chukdee,
thanks. i have replied you. check your inbox. cheers!

Thanks boss...seen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (1704) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ksmart027(m), Bb007, kdaddy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.