Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059832 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makawhy201: 11:49am On Dec 27, 2016
efuro:

Welcome to 24hrs of electricity.
Am happy you took a leap of faith & defeated the bull by its horn!
Wishing you well

efuro:

Welcome to 24hrs of electricity.
Am happy you took a leap of faith & defeated the bull by its horn!
Wishing you well

@efuro thanks for the wish.
DMerciful:
Thanks for the kind words...funny enuf you encouraged me to buy the itracer cheesy. Kudos for taking up the challenge to DIY after the disappointment which I was well aware of and now you can start coaching others.The citizens are helping themselves and helping the planet stay green. Solar ti take over
Thanks to all the gurus here...one big green family cheesy cheesy

I am so glad to welcome an August vistor in my house on xmas day for the inspection and the commissioning of my solar system, the person of d great Dmerciful. I really appreciate the time spent and d stress encountered in this festive period of which he missed d way before locating my place as promised which is way far 2 opposite side to your place. Thanks a million.

This forum is bringing more of us together more beyond online friend. He had a nice with me and my family and also took a pix.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
makawhy201:

I am so glad to welcome an August vistor in my house on xmas day for the inspection and the commissioning of my solar system, the person of d great Dmerciful. I really appreciate the time spent and d stress encountered in this festive period of which he missed d way before locating my place as promised which is way far 2 opposite side to your place. Thanks a million.

This forum is bringing more of us together more beyond online friend. He had a nice with me and my family and also took a pix.

Lol.. Guess your camera wasn't functional the day we met ? Hahaha.. No mind me tho wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makawhy201: 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
kiekie1:

Lol.. Guess your camera wasn't functional the day we met ? Hahaha.. No mind me tho wink

no mind me o, for sure we will meet again very soon.. let me call you now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
It was great to finally meet after communicating and encouraging each other online for so long. This is a great forum where like minds wrt energy conservation and sustainability share ideas. God bless you my friend and all the green guys out here...compliments. cheesy
makawhy201:

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
kiekie1:
My home, Yachi & Perlight (mono ~ poly) solar panels are now in stock ... Prices coming up soon ! Thanks
Chief Frankie any feedback on this? Kindly advise prices and wattage

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
Oga dem,
I wish to inform the house on my upgrade to Solar and hope this will spice up the yuletide.
Below is my kit after a long time of learning from u all. It is an integration of solar to an existing inverter system
18 X 255W Canadian Solar Panels
9 Solar panels facing South on Uniral Solar mounts and 9 facing North on Uniral Solar mounts and Tilt legs
1 X 600W wind Turbine
All items grounded to earth

1 X Outback FlexMax 80A
1 X 6 point Combiner box
1 X 125A Midnite DC Disconnect
1 X 48V Battery Life Saver
1 X Midnite Battery Capacity Meter
1 X 300 midnite solar A. C surge arrestor
1 X 115 (150V) midnite solar D. C surge arrestor

1 X Anypower 6000W 48V Inverter – pre-owned
8 X Zenith 200AH batteries – 400AH in 48V configuration – pre-owned
Various protection accessories
25mm from combiner to CC
35mm from CC to DC/Battery
50mm from battery to Inverter
Yet to complete – due to time though the materials are available
Upgrade of battery cables to 70mm
Installation of Battery Isolator switches per Bank and meter

Solar Panels, Solar mounts, Tilt legs from and Solar integration by Gennex Technologies

My gratitude goes to everyone in the House without whom my knowledge, resilience and drive to achieve this would not have come to be.
Mega gratitude to
GeorgeD1 – Olorogun of RE. Your Guidance about a year and half ago yielded this and I hope you are proud of d delivery on your advice.
Gennex Tech for d solar job.
Richmond74-
Kiekie1
Abunafiu
Dunka
Saipro
CoOgumo
Juo
DMerciful
Chris81964
And many other so numerous to mention. All ur efforts helped n I thank you and now hope I can also inspire someone

It took me some time to acquire all the items to upgrade to SOLAR, all because of the long throat i have.

It is about three days old and the harmattan haze has not helped but was able to get a maximum of 2480watts sometime, giving me the hope that without the haze, better days are ahead.

Your comment, criticism, guidance and questions are welcome.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
DUNKA:

Sir Frankie ur one of our great men here. Pls don't get tired. Am still waiting for ur pm

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
Javid4me:
Oga dem,
I wish to inform the house on my upgrade to Solar and hope this will spice up the yuletide.
Below is my kit after a long time of learning from u all. It is an integration of solar to an existing inverter system
9 Solar panels facing South on Uniral Solar mounts and 9 facing North on Uniral Solar mounts and Tilt legs
1 X 600W wind Turbine

1 X Outback FlexMax 80A
1 X 6 point Combiner box

25mm from combiner to CC
Installation of Battery Isolator switches per Bank

Solar Panels, Solar mounts, Tilt legs from and Solar integration by Gennex Technologies

My gratitude goes to everyone in the House without whom my knowledge, resilience and drive to achieve this would not have come to be.
Mega gratitude to
GeorgeD1 – Olorogun of RE. Your Guidance about a year and half ago yielded this and I hope you are proud of d delivery on your advice.
Richmond74-
Kiekie1
Abunafiu
Dunka
Saipro
CoOgumo
Juo
DMerciful
Chris81964
And many other so numerous to mention. All ur efforts helped n I thank you and now hope I can also inspire someone

It took me some time to acquire all the items to upgrade to SOLAR, all because of long throat i have.

It is about three days old and the harmattan haze has not helped but was able to get a maximum of 2480watts sometime, giving me the hope that without the haze, better days are ahead.

Thank you
Wow. Great set up you have. May God give you the power to go for a pro inverter in the New Year and you will be truly free grin grin . Congratulations nice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
More PIX

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
DUNKA:
Wow. Great set up you have. May God give you the power to go for a pro inverter in the New Year and you will be truly free grin grin . Congratulations nice

Many thanks Bro. With the same resilience and planning, I will.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
What can I say? This is just glorious! This is for politicians o.....Jezz! Really enviable! You need to sell electricity to your neighbours....this is too much for 1 house,loool cheesy
Congratulations...this is a classical case of anything worth doing is worth doing well. Thumbs up!
Javid4me:
Oga dem,
1 X 600W wind Turbine

1 X Outback FlexMax 80A
1 X 6 point Combiner box

25mm from combiner to CC

Mega gratitude to
Richmond74-
Kiekie1
Abunafiu
Dunka
Saipro
CoOgumo
Juo
DMerciful
Chris81964

It took me some time to acquire all the items to upgrade to SOLAR, all because of long throat i have.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
DUNKA:

Compliments of the season . its all in stock .. I will SMS you my latest PRICES nw !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
Javid4me:
about three days old and the harmattan haze has not helped but was able to get a maximum of 2480watts sometime, giving me the hope that without the haze, better days are ahead.

Thank you

Congrat.
Ur devotion has seen u tru to the end.
Sit back and enjoy ur sweat.

If thousands of Nigerian households replicate ur courage, DISCOS will have a rethink.

I wish u plenty juice to ur ba3
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
efuro:

Sir Frankie ur one of our great men here. Pls don't get tired. Am still waiting for ur pm

Lol ! I won't Bro.. Will kick up very soon .. Cheers !!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
Javid4me:
More PIX

Beautiful.... Serious investment, now you can worry less about power, keep it up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
Javid4me:
Oga dem,
1 X 600W wind Turbine

1 X Outback FlexMax 80A
1 X 6 point Combiner box

25mm from combiner to CC

Mega gratitude to
Richmond74-
Kiekie1
Abunafiu
Dunka
Saipro
CoOgumo
Juo
DMerciful
Chris81964

Thank you

Baba ooooooo.I salute your taste..With this setup,you be PHCN be that oooooooo.You can even distribute to people lolz.God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
makawhy201:

Great men,you both look like twins,lolz!Greetings

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
DMerciful:
What can I say? This is just glorious! This is for politicians o.....Jezz! Really enviable! You need to sell electricity to your neighbours....this is too much for 1 house,loool cheesy
Congratulations...this is a classical case of anything worth doing is worth doing well. Thumbs up!

Many thanks Sir. Appreciate the comments.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
Monlo:

Baba ooooooo.I salute your taste..With this setup,you be PHCN be that oooooooo.You can even distribute to people lolz.God bless us all.

Bros, Na Baba GOD we hail. Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
efuro:

Congrat.
Ur devotion has seen u tru to the end.
Sit back and enjoy ur sweat.

If thousands of Nigerian households replicate ur courage, DISCOS will have a rethink.

I wish u plenty juice to ur ba3

Thanks Bro. God will us get there
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 3:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
zeestone99:

Beautiful.... Serious investment, now you can worry less about power, keep it up

Thanks Bro. Ur posts were also Inspirational. Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
Below is my Pictorial Diagram of the set up which i used for the installation and integration.
Hope it helps

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bobojoshua(m): 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
Javid4me:
Oga dem,
1 X 600W wind Turbine

1 X Outback FlexMax 80A
1 X 6 point Combiner box

25mm from combiner to CC

Mega gratitude to
Richmond74-
Kiekie1
Abunafiu
Dunka
Saipro
CoOgumo
Juo
DMerciful
Chris81964

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
@Javid4me

Nice professional grade setup. Congrats!

I am seriously thinking of adding a wind turbine to my setup. So, can you please give us more info about your wind turbine? A detail specification or datasheet will be appreciated.

I noticed that it is wired directly to the battery busbar. Does it have an inbuilt charge regulator and clipper?

What is the startup wind speed?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
dapsyra:
@Javid4me

Nice professional grade setup. Congrats!

I am seriously thinking of adding a wind turbine to my setup. So, can you please give us more info about your wind turbine? A detail specification or datasheet will be appreciated.

I noticed that it is wired directly to the battery busbar. Does it have an inbuilt charge regulator and clipper?

What is the startup wind speed?

It has inbuilt controller.
Start up wind speed is 3.8m/s. Use link below. Hope it helps

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CE-Russia-RoHS-approved-600w-wind-turbine-generator-12v-24-48v-charge-controller-including/380416524.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.xhZDKO
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HilcomTech(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
Javid4me:
Oga dem,
1 X 600W wind Turbine

1 X Outback FlexMax 80A
1 X 6 point Combiner box

25mm from combiner to CC

Mega gratitude to
Richmond74-
Kiekie1
Abunafiu
Dunka
Saipro
CoOgumo
Juo
DMerciful
Chris81964

Thank you

Wow.. This is an impressive setup. You have really taken the bull by the horn.

Congrats and more solar/inverter installations to your elbows. cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
HilcomTech:

Wow.. This is an impressive setup. You have really taken the bull by the horn.

Congrats and more solar/inverter installations to your elbows. cheesy

Thanks Bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
Javid4me:
Oga dem,
1 X 600W wind Turbine

1 X Outback FlexMax 80A
1 X 6 point Combiner box

25mm from combiner to CC

Mega gratitude to
Richmond74-
Kiekie1
Abunafiu
Dunka
Saipro
CoOgumo
Juo
DMerciful
Chris81964

Thank you
I am in awe. What wind turbine controller do you use? I would suggest two charge controllers if you have your panels on different parts of the roof.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2016
Javid4me:

It has inbuilt controller.
Start up wind speed is 3.8m/s. Use link below. Hope it helps

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CE-Russia-RoHS-approved-600w-wind-turbine-generator-12v-24-48v-charge-controller-including/380416524.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.xhZDKO

Thanks for the link. It surely helped.

I look forward to reading your review of the wind turbine after some usage.

Thanks a million.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
chris81964:

I am in awe. What wind turbine controller do you use? I would suggest two charge controllers if you have your panels on different parts of the roof.

Thank you Sir. I really appreciate the feed back.
I considered the additional cost implication of two CC with ancillaries and defaulted to increasing my panels to 18 and the use of the Tilt legs on the North facing Panels.
Surprisinly, The North facing panels generated more juice than the South facing panels during installation tests. So on the overall, i believe i am above average. It was a Big lesson for me.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
@javid4me, honestly speaking I no fit comment.
You have done very well sir.
Will comment after reading the wind turbine link.
Congratulations.

I am sure you are now feeling like hitting a Phcn pole... Lol.
My current set up of 4kw solar array, 4kw inverter and 48v450ah Trojan Batts is firing well too. Hit absorption as early as 1pm. 16 to 17kwh daily harvest. Location is Ilorin.
I now live off grid.

@Earthrealm, let Me answer your question from the other thread. I have been considering a DC pump but I will get one next year. I decided to use the 0.5hp due to cost.
About the discharge rate of the pump I have not been able to get an accurate measurement. I assume it takes approximately 50 min to fill my 2000 liter tank. I am not sure of this sha. But I am sure it take less than 1hr to fill the 2k liter Tank.
My next plan is to increase my PV strength to 5kw bcoz of pumping water for the neighbors whose prayers keep coming all day.
"Oga how much be this solar if I wan do"...the rest na 1 minute silence. Lol

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: zenith4biz(m), okikigsm, Justice629(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.