Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,205 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2057510 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2017
It's been over a year now since I began living off grid. June 2016 when I relocated to another rented apartment in final preparation to move to my house.
I was issued a 6 months quit notice in January 2016, I began rushing my place thinking I could meet up with the deadline, unfortunately I was unable to do I had to go rent another place to stay for 6 months. The new place had a prepaid meter installed, the new landlord who is also a neighbor in the former house (his kids do come to my house to charge) kept the prepaid card. He wants me to come beg for it so I can use NEPA.
Instead, I increased my Pv to 3kw because I had a 4kw on standby waiting to be installed when I finally move to my permanent house.
A CO tenant was first to report me to the landlord that my panels were on his flat's roof out of jealousy.
Any way I was in that house from July to December 2016 without NEPA.
It's been like that till this moment. Free energy from the Sun.

But this thing too expensive Oooo.
To achieve what I am using presently, it will gulp several millions.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
@ GeorgeD1, I may not post pictures of my installations here. This is out of respect for those whom I have learnt a lot from the FREE knowledge they shared here. You're one of them.
I can only share them when I am sure it's not for advert purpose.
On facebook, I have the opportunity of selecting my target audience (friends or friends if friends) and it seems to be of benefit to me. Unlike here which is a faceless forum whereby you don't know who you're talking with. So you need to work hard to earn that credibility here ( kudos to all the marketers here) . It's not been easy convincing someone here to commit his hard earned money to some stranger on a faceless forum.
Atleast to some extent, who ever transact with me on facebook would have some little background info on my person.

Each time I meet a new potential client, I am always happy to use my facebook wall as good reference material.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:45am On Aug 08, 2017
abunafiu:
@ GeorgeD1, I may not post pictures of my installations here. This is out of respect for those whom I have learnt a lot from the FREE knowledge they shared here. You're one of them.
I can only share them when I am sure it's not for advert purpose.
On facebook, I have the opportunity of selecting my target audience (friends or friends if friends) and it seems to be of benefit to me. Unlike here which is a faceless forum whereby you don't know who you're talking with. So you need to work hard to earn that credibility here ( kudos to all the marketers here) . It's not been easy convincing someone here to commit his hard earned money to some stranger on a faceless forum.
Atleast to some extent, who ever transact with me on facebook would have some little background info on my person.

Each time I meet a new potential client, I am always happy to use my facebook wall as good reference material.

My oga has spoken, more grease
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:35am On Aug 08, 2017
prof,
you have said it all. all the same, welcome back.
I hope you remember to incorporate the solar water heater as part of your new house design.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
GeorgeD1:
prof,
I hope you remember to incorporate the solar water heater as part of your new house design.
Oh yes. It's been done during the plumbing stage.
Very soon I'll buy and install mine. I am eyeing a 200L capacity.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pitodenz(m): 10:25am On Aug 09, 2017
Hi I need advise between 48v n 96v inverter which one will be better for 5KVA (products from Prag)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gennextech: 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
from our little experience , we would advise 48v as against 96v the fewer the number of batteries connected in series the better when it comes to maintenance...
pitodenz:
Hi I need advise between 48v n 96v inverter which one will be better for 5KVA (products from Prag)

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2017
FOR SALE!

Prag Inverter (4kva 48v

Reason for sale: Client wants to downgrade to 24v system.
The inverter is functioning 100% excellent, it's barely a year in use and has never been faulty.
Working optimumly everyday.

Call O8I3768924O if you are interested.
Good deal

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:39am On Aug 10, 2017
abunafiu:

Oh yes. It's been done during the plumbing stage.
Very soon I'll buy and install mine. I am eyeing a 200L capacity.

Welcome bro.. Yes the 200L system is also a nice choice !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Reprobate: 9:20am On Aug 10, 2017
viperVIP:
FOR SALE!

Prag Inverter (4kva 48v

Reason for sale: Client wants to downgrade to 24v system.
The inverter is functioning 100% excellent, it's barely a year in use and has never been faulty.
Working optimumly everyday.

Call O8I3768924O if you are interested.
Good deal

wish you are a known face or name...who will vouch for you?..
what is your location

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2017
blazeup:

Here is a sample
Stainless Steel Water Distiller Machine

@Blazeup

Sample of water distiller, not displaying.

If you have a link, kindly post it.

Thanks.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gennextech: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2017
Gennex now stock 2, 3 and 5kva high quality online ups

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ativ: 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
Has anyone used these Monbat batteries? How reliable and long-lasting are the batteries?

damola1:
OR

This was recommended by one of my Ogas.

12MVR200 MONBAT. This is however, brand new. and will set me back: 130k each. But because it's: lead acid. I am tempted towards the used ones above;

Specifications:
• Nominal Voltage: 12V
• Terminal type: Front
• Grid alloy: Lead-Calcium-Tin alloy
• Plates: Flat Pasted
• Separators: AGM
• Active material: Very high purity lead
• Case and cover: FR ABS class V0
• Carrying Handles: Yes
• Terminal torque: 8 Nm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2017
Updated pricelist loading .....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2017
dicksonadams:
Hey guys please I have a solar set upl that I have wasted a lot of money on . Out of 420watt only harvest 100watt if I am lucky.

Please can anyone come help me do a audit or check on my set up. I am l ready to pay

My people please I am still looking for someone to help me with this I am ready to pay
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hi my People,

I missed this forum.....been quite busy...work nor let me see road grin

Kudos Guys

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2017
DMerciful:
Hi my People,
Kudos Guys
Yea,more work,more money! Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2017
DMerciful:
Hi my People,

Kudos Guys

Monlo:

Yea,more work,more money!
Enjoy

grin grin

Good to have a nice teacher back to classroom.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:01am On Aug 12, 2017
dicksonadams:

My people please I am still looking for someone to help me with this I am ready to pay

Whatapp 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nkdave: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
GeorgeD1:
prof,

Good day Sir George, and all the trustworthy pioneers of this futuristic thread. I've been following for a while now, and I must say I'm impressed, although I had started using AE some while before I found this thread, I intend to go and grow forward with help from here.

Sorry, enough rambling, two questions please.

1. I have just a 1.2kva Mercury modified sine wave Inverter, + one 170ah trailer battery (due to monetary constraints at the time, and being experiential too), this gives me back up for between 4 to 7hrs depending on hours of charge it gets from Nepa, and ofcos my usage.
Now I want advice on wattage of solar panel I should add to the existing setup, that would provide better additional back up as recently we only see NEPA for a total of 6hrs in a day, sometimes even less.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nkdave: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
2ndly, my big brother is setting up his personal home, and wants to start of with AE, if possible no NEPA at all.
I told him about this site and thread, so he said to ask what it would require and cost if he wants to power the following;
1. Two Refrigerators,
2. Two Air conditioners,
3. A 200L solar geyser (like the one Oga George has got) :-)
4. Three ceiling fans,
5. Three Led Tvs,
6. Two Home Theatre Systems.
7. Bulbs and lighting points as expected for a 4bedroom house
8. Pumping Machine for borehole water.
9. One 13kg front loader Washing Machine.

Thanking you all in advance.

Nkdave:

Good day Sir George, and all the trustworthy pioneers of this futuristic thread. I've been following for a while now, and I must say I'm impressed, although I had started using AE some while before I found this thread, I intend to go and grow forward with help from here.

Sorry, enough rambling, two questions please.

1. I have just a 1.2kva Mercury modified sine wave Inverter, + one 170mah trailer battery (due to monetary constraints at the time, and being experiential too), this gives me back up for between 4 to 7hrs depending on hours of charge it gets from Nepa, and ofcos my usage.
Now I want advice on wattage of solar panel I should add to the existing setup, that would provide better additional back up as recently we only see NEPA for a total of 6hrs in a day, sometimes even less.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
dapsyra:

Before replacing the batteries, experiment with a good battery balancer first. If the batteries does not improve, the balancer will still be useful on your new battery bank.

You need a balancer that is active during both charging and discharging cycles.

Here is the one I use:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/battery-equalizer-battery-balancer-for-4pcs-12V-battery-connected-in-series-for-48V-battery-system-solar/32643622608.html

Is a battery balancer needed during the discharge phase? I read that the Victron battery balancer works only at a total voltage of 27.3 V which implies the charging phase.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:44pm On Aug 12, 2017
It's a blessing in disguise.
Early this morning, I woke up to see that my overhead water tank stand fell destroying my 2 tanks. It rained heavily yesterday night. The rain was accompanied by heavy wind. Though the concrete stand was not properly constructed and am paying heavily for this. Anyway.. .thats gone
Now I consider this an opportunity to do it better especially when I didn't plan solar water heater in the initial overhead tank stand
I still intend to use concrete with enhanced reinforCement to avert future occurrence.
Now I don't want to rely on what I know basically, I need design ideas from Members.

I am not happy at all as cost of building materials are still not pocket friendly.

Pls keep them coming, sketches and pictures.

See Before and after pictures

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by darelar(m): 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kudos guys I really enjoyed this tread.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 12:44am On Aug 13, 2017
abunafiu:
Early this morning, I woke up to see that my overhead water tank stand fell destroying my 2 tanks. It rained heavily yesterday night. The rain was accompanied by heavy wind. Though the concrete stand was not properly constructed and am paying heavily for this. Anyway.. .thats gone
Now I consider this an opportunity to do it better especially when I didn't plan solar water heater in the initial overhead tank stand
I still intend to use concrete with enhanced reinforCement to avert future occurrence.
Now I don't want to rely on what I know basically, I need design ideas from Members.

I am not happy at all as cost of building materials are still not pocket friendly.

Abu do sorry for the loss. If I may suggest go for a steel constructed stand when properly constructed with the right materials they do stand the test of time and the weather. Looking at the picture the collapsed stand does not look so tall so I am really surprised on how completely it came down. Hope the builder dud not cut corners. God will replenish you.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 7:33am On Aug 13, 2017
abunafiu:

Wot a pity.

Now you know the kind of wind in your area. Incorporating wind turbine, solar water heater & ur tank will also put smile on ur face against ur loss

By the way, don't be in hurry to errect another. For now just pump to surface tank & save money for real galvanised steel for another overhead structure befitting a legend like you.

God of renewable will put fortune on ur way soon!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:47am On Aug 13, 2017
abunafiu:

Ohh sorry Bro .. It is well !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
abunafiu:

so sorry for your loss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by khanka: 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
khanka:
Please, I am in need of your advice.

I’m thinking of changing my 1.5 KVa inverter for a 2-3 Kva 24V true sine inverter -charger with temperature compensation and multiple charging profiles. I will prefer one with local after-sales support. My budget is ₦500k. Any recommendations?

If you don't mind, pls read 10-15pages backwards & you will find price list of marketers.

We always encourage marketers to drop their quarterly price list on this thread. I hope it will guide you.

Meanwhile, from a similar thread, I recommend anyone of 1-5th mentioned on this link (second hand or not)
https://www.nairaland.com/1931855/need-inverter-house#26833056
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
khanka,
your budget should be able to get you a high end 24v inverter which incorporates all the mention
features and much more. also, most inverter manufacturers now have local support within the
country in one form or the other. for instance when i had issue with my magnum inverter, even
though its an american product, i was still able to fix it through support from their local rep in
port harcourt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2017
prof,
sorry for the loss. like dunka, i will advice you go for a steel tower this time.
if you insist on erecting another concrete tower and you really want to do a
good job, you will discover that the cost would be almost the same as setting
up a steel structure when you quantify the iron rods and cement involved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m), chris81964(m), Chikach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.