Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2071305 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by S007: 5:40pm On May 31, 2018
mcTrinity:

Thanks very much Big bros...

tried browsing it and I'm seeing different things. saw 55ADC in one of their catalog. Also saw 60ADC in MS4048 manual

Thanks...

MS4124PE - 105A DC /24V System @25degreeC
MS4348PE - 55A DC /48V System @ 25degreeC
PT100 - 100A /Charge controller

I use MS4348. I never charge with PHCN though.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 6:29pm On May 31, 2018
S007:

MS4124PE - 105A DC /24V System @25degreeC
MS4348PE - 55A DC /48V System @ 25degreeC
PT100 - 100A /Charge controller

I use MS4348. I never charge with PHCN though.

thanks...

that's what we (myself and client) are trying to achieve; to charge without PHCN. Already gotten 16# of Canadian 330w panel with PT-100. About to acquire 12# of 12v/200Ah battery.

trying to confirm if at worst weather situation, the Magnum will be cable of charging the 3 strings.
looks like I'll make the panels 20# or 24# since I'm looking at about 18A for each string with the Magnum MS4348
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:06pm On May 31, 2018
mcTrinity:

thanks...

that's what we (myself and client) are trying to achieve; to charge without PHCN. Already gotten 16# of Canadian 330w panel with PT-100. About to acquire 12# of 12v/200Ah battery.

trying to confirm if at worst weather situation, the Magnum will be cable of charging the 3 strings.
looks like I'll make the panels 20# or 24# since I'm looking at about 18A for each string with the Magnum MS4348

Reach me for your batteries... Gracias

Price list
Batteries batteries batteries
Quanta - 124k
Monbat - 124k
Spectra - 110k
Nxt index exide - 120k
Gaston - 115k
Long - 120k
Call/whatapp 08117398294 to order now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
No please! Do not drain electrolyte except you notice a catastrophic decline in performance that equalization e.t.c cannot fix.

Sediments are a natural part of battery charge and discharge as the active plate material erodes away (battery charging/discharging & discharging is actually really a corrosive/destructive electro-chemical process) and most quality batteries have a substantial sediment trap at the bottom to ensure the broken off sediments are contained and do not short out the battery.

More especially, actually replacing electrolyte (not talking about topping off with distilled water here o) is a very stressful process and certainly not for the faint of heart.
I concur. Tried it first time (thinking I was preventing a future short out. Batteries never recovered. The second attempt taught me the error in my ways. I think I might have inadvertently damaged the lignosulphate coating.

Batteries bigger than GC2 can crunch your spine too.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 8:59pm On May 31, 2018
DMerciful:
Chat me up I may b able to fix it for you.
It gladens my heart to announce to this honourable house that my ep solar mmpt(i tracer) has been fixed and is working perfectly well. Shout out to Dmerciful who made this possible. Man you rock!

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 10:14pm On May 31, 2018
obimind:

It gladens my heart to announce to this honourable house that my ep solar mmpt(i tracer) has been fixed and is working perfectly well. Shout out to Dmerciful who made this possible. Man you rock!

Dmerciful has earned my salute again. Am proud of your selfless effort in making your fellow solar owners happy.

Oga Obimind, congrats and thanks for updating us back as requested.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 10:39pm On May 31, 2018
efuro:

Dmerciful has earned my salute again. Am proud of your selfless effort in making your fellow solar owners happy.

Thanks Efuro! You can't just imagine how excited I am Sir. For me, immediately I got the delivery from Nipost this afternoon, I had to start spreading the good news to as many I knew that uses solar in Makurdi(Benue). I started with my installer. I told him to please help me tell his clients that there is a very reliable contact that takes care of mppt cc issues. Dmerciful, you deserve some accolades. You're just too nice Sir. May God continually bless you beyond ur imagination. Amen!

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by S007: 7:24am On Jun 01, 2018
mcTrinity:

thanks...

I have an almost exactly similar setup.
I have 16 340W Canadian solar panels in a 4X4 configuration.
Pt100 charge controller
48V, 630AH Trojan batteries.
MS4348 Inverter
Magnum Panel and other accessories.

The solar panels are well capable of charging the batteries. CC wakes up as early as 7am. Even on cloudy days, batteries are on float by 1pm. PHCN supply is terrible in my area. I never bothered to connect it to the inverter. AC input breaker is permanently switched off on the Magnum Panel. Inverter charging on the remote is left disabled.

I encourage you to go for it. This system will give you peace of mind. Mine is a DIY.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 8:08am On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks for ur patronage and feedback to the house... Gracias
obimind:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by S007: 8:08am On Jun 01, 2018
mcTrinity:

Don't forget, the recommended max PV input on the PT100 is 6600W.
Theoretically, that should be about 20 pieces of 330W panels.
If you can hit that ceiling with weather situation in Naija all year round is another point of discussion.

Personally I will not be comfortable with 24 panels on one PT100 CC. At this point, you might have to start thinking of another CC.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tchyfingy: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2018
Good morning,
I have a solar system comprising of 6 310W Yinglin panels in 2s3p orientation, 4kva 48V mustpower IR-series inverter, TBB 150V-60A charge controller and 4 200ah Quanta batteries. My current appliances on the inverter are 2 LED TVs, 1 LCD TV, Freezer (runs for 4-5hrs), 2 ceiling fans, LED lighting bulbs and DSTV decoder. All the appliances dont run at the same time though.
I want to upgrade my panels and would love to know the best configuration to get the best out of my system. Should i add two more 310W panels in a 2s4p or should i go for three 310W panels in a 3s3p configuration?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 10:15am On Jun 01, 2018
It doesn't make any difference, as the cc will simply clip the current.
Operating the cc at max current is another matter entirely as opinions vary.

Some say it'll shorten its life, others swear it's built into the design for it to function continuously at max.

I agree with you I'd put max 20 330w panels(4S5P) on the cc.

S007:

Personally I will not be comfortable with 24 panels on one PT100 CC. At this point, you might have to start thinking of another CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tpapi: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
shithapuns:
Best thing is to even connect 5he avr at source. ...ie b4 5he prepaid meter...so any exc3ssive current draw wud be on phcn....afterall phcn shud supply full voltage...the only drawback is that the avr will be outside on ur balcony
hello, pls I wanted to ask if Wellman can also be used to boost up sperm count n ow effective is it

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
Warris this
tpapi:
hello, pls I wanted to ask if Wellman can also be used to boost up sperm count n ow effective is it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
Barezzi:
It doesn't make any difference, as the cc will simply clip the current.
Operating the cc at max current is another matter entirely as opinions vary.

Some say it'll shorten its life, others swear it's built into the design for it to function continuously at max.

I agree with you I'd put max 20 330w panels(4S5P) on the cc.

yes you're correct... The manual stated it's rated for 6.6kw but larger PV array may be used since its current limited to 100A.

Nevertheless, I'll go with advice of 20# maximum to be on a safe side. I just can't fittin't shout.. lolzzz

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
S007:

I have an almost exactly similar setup.
I have 16 340W Canadian solar panels in a 4X4 configuration.
Pt100 charge controller
48V, 630AH Trojan batteries.
MS4348 Inverter
Magnum Panel and other accessories.

The solar panels are well capable of charging the batteries. CC wakes up as early as 7am. Even on cloudy days, batteries are on float by 1pm. PHCN supply is terrible in my area. I never bothered to connect it to the inverter. AC input breaker is permanently switched off on the Magnum Panel. Inverter charging on the remote is left disabled.

I encourage you to go for it. This system will give you peace of mind. Mine is a DIY.

thats good....

thanks very much. I appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
DMerciful:

2 crate of Heineken 4 u

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
DMerciful:

Kudos to my man,anytime anyday.He keeps making DIYers happy in the background without much noise here and there.Keep it up,your reward awaits you!!!!!!
One love.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
Dear solar Gurus can I use 6 pieces of Trojan IND17 6V batteries with 2.5kva 36v luminous inverter.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks bro...doing our own small contribution cheesy
Monlo:

Kudos to my man,anytime anyday.He keeps making DIYers happy in the background without much noise here and there.Keep it up,your reward awaits you!!!!!!
One love.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
thanks chairman.... cheesy
zeestone99:

2 crate of Heineken 4 u
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
garbamaza:
Dear solar Gurus can I use 6 pieces of Trojan IND17 6V batteries with 2.5kva 36v luminous inverter.
Thanks

yes and no. i assume the trojan is 370 - 400ah, 6v?
yes it will work and power your loads.

nope: the inverter isnt capable of charging it effectively, best your add apprioprate solar panels config
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
obimind:

does your expertise extend to morning star mppt cc?
i have a 45a ms cc, which i connected 4 x 250w mono panels in series, back in the days, and i think the high vmp blew it.was truthful and contacted morning star corp and they said its not covered under waranty, as i may hv exceeded the vmp rating

the last morning star webinar on MAINTAINING HEALTHY BATTERIES IN AN OFFGRID SYSTEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ZKKJLNi80&feature=youtu.be
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
My Oga DMerciful. Well done. This good news made my day.

Like another poster said earlier, you are very quietly doing great things behind the scenes without noise or attention seeking and I can personally testify also that you are always willing to listen and to render assistance.

Kudos and God bless!

efuro:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
kiekie1:

Hello Chief George, it isn't upto 100A cc as stated . Max I have seen is 50/60A max on remote setting unless you are referring to 24v specs.. Cheer's

ok looks like it's the input amps that can go as high as 100a and above.
my own inverter is set at 50% charge rate and as at this morning i'm
seeing 32 amps dc output meaning max charging amps (100% setting)
would be something around 64 amps dc.

thanks for the observation. have corrected my post accordingly although
i hardly charge with shore power (phcn, gen, etc).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
GeorgeD1:

Ok Boss. My regards smiley !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dgr8truth(m): 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2018
For sale N120k, interested call/WhatsApp 08060313355

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
I can check it... Whatsapp me.
earthrealm:

does your expertise extend to morning star mppt cc?
i have a 45a ms cc, which i connected 4 x 250w mono panels in series, back in the days, and i think the high vmp blew it.was truthful and contacted morning star corp and they said its not covered under waranty, as i may hv exceeded the vmp rating

the last morning star webinar on MAINTAINING HEALTHY BATTERIES IN AN OFFGRID SYSTEM
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks for the kind words.... Much appreciated
NiyiOmoIyunade:
My Oga DMerciful. Well done. This good news made my day.

Like another poster said earlier, you are very quietly doing great things behind the scenes without noise or attention seeking and I can personally testify also that you are always willing to listen and to render assistance.

Kudos and God bless!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:36am On Jun 02, 2018
Must Power Star Light inverters with LCD display
1000w 12v=85k
1500w 12v=95k
3kva(2000w)-12v=115,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=160,000
5kva(4000w)-24=250,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= .....
7.5kva(6000w)-24/48= .....

EP Solar 12/24/36/48v 60a mppt(i tracer) solar charge controller @ 128k

EP Solar 12/24v 40a MPPT(a series ep ever) solar charge controller @ 75k

Trojan 12v 200a J200re USA flooded batteries @ 129k...(limited quantity in stock)

Quanta Amaron 12v 200a vrla battery @ ...

Long battery 12v 200a agm battery @.....

Solution battery 12v 200a agm battery @85k

Yachi solar panels ;
150w poly panels........@35k
250w poly panels.......@47k "limited stock"
300w poly panels........@58k "limited stock"

DISCOUNTED PRICES ! CALL US NOW !!

Magnum 4348 USA inverter ....@900k

Victron multiplus 3kva 48v .....@600k

Canadian 330w solar panel.....@65,500 bulk price

Joysolar modules :

160w mono 30000
200w poly 35000; mono 40000
320w poly 52,000

With 30k , I can offer you a set of pro solar roof mounts including ;
2 qty solar mount rail "4200mm" ,
4 qty rack end clamp,
6 qty mid clamp,
6 qty L feet with rubber & special screw....

Same goes to angle positioning solar kits;
- Adjustable front leg
- Adjustable rear leg
- Rail splice kit
- Grounding lug

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... Luminous PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices , contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2018
zeestone99:

Reach me for your batteries... Gracias

Price list
Batteries batteries batteries
Quanta - 124k
Monbat - 124k
Spectra - 110k
Nxt index exide - 120k
Gaston - 115k
Long - 120k
Call/whatapp 08117398294 to order now

OK sir...

considering Quanta or Eastman Tubular Gel... will let you know if I settle for Quanta.

cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2018
GeorgeD1:

Oga George D1,

Good morning sir... please, I thought you're using 3 strings of 12 batteries (I sit to be corrected).

How come you set your charging at 50%?

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: damilonya(m), S007, debanj326, dragnet and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.