Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2057281 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kanuchi: 1:28am On Jun 07, 2013
Hello house, who wants a communication batteries? 78amp, 82amp, 180amp. These batteries are good reliable and more years designed life. The batteries are here in port harcourt such as: cosolight and northstar products u.s made. You can contact me for purchase on: 08060374072. or email on: mynewgreenenergy@gmail.com. Remeber the weight of these batteries are differs from our normal batteries. The pric of 78amp is 38k, 78amp 35k, 180amp 57k. 16months warranty. Please note this prices are not included with your shipping cost. Thanks.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kanuchi: 1:35am On Jun 07, 2013
Hello house, who wants a telecommunication batteries? 78amp, 82amp, 180amp. These batteries are good reliable and more years designed life. The batteries are here in port harcourt such as: cosolight and northstar products u.s made. You can contact me for purchase on: 08060374072. or email on: mynewgreenenergy@gmail.com. Remeber the weight of these batteries are differs from our normal batteries. The pric of 78amp is 38k, 78amp 35k, 180amp 57k. 16months warranty. Please note this prices are not included with your shipping cost. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2013
abunafiu: Yesterday, i added 2 more 24V @ 120W panels to my existing panels. I now have 10 panels. My charging current increased to 33A from 28 to 29 average maximum charging current.
Observation: the temperature of my 6mm wire starts to rise which means am loosing current. I need to double the wire to achieve 12mm and then buy similar wire double it (12mm). Which means i'll use the old one as NEGATIVE and the new one as POSITive.
Am i making any sense at all.

Congratulations on the new additions to your solar array.
I guess you or your family members stay indoors during the day time. Don't mind me, i was just wondering why you need 10pcs of 120 watts to charge 4 batteries.

To your request, I found a link where you can size the diameter of your cable but i will advise you to use same cross section for both the positive and negative. Also keep in mind your expansion needs.

Link here: www.energymatters.com.au/climate-data/cable-sizing-calculator.php
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 8:43am On Jun 07, 2013
kanuchi: Hello house, who wants a telecommunication batteries? 78amp, 82amp, 180amp. These batteries are good reliable and more years designed life. The batteries are here in port harcourt such as: cosolight and northstar products u.s made. You can contact me for purchase on: 08060374072. or email on: mynewgreenenergy@gmail.com. Remeber the weight of these batteries are differs from our normal batteries. The pric of 78amp is 38k, 78amp 35k, 180amp 57k. 16months warranty. Please note this prices are not included with your shipping cost. Thanks.

hi,
pls does it have a manufactures date on it, if it does what is the date

thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:14am On Jun 07, 2013
hmmm..this cable issue don dey fear me oh.....my system is going to be outputting abt 35-45amps am wondering what type of cable to run from the charge controller to the batteries..a distance of about 20ft. guys help me o.....checked the charts n they recommend about 38mm cables!!..where on earth would i see such cables to buy?....my initial plan was to but the single braided ac cables using in conduit house wiring for heavy duty loads...but it appears that wud be a bad move
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
earthrealm: hmmm..this cable issue don dey fear me oh.....my system is going to be outputting abt 35-45amps am wondering what type of cable to run from the charge controller to the batteries..a distance of about 20ft. guys help me o.....checked the charts n they recommend about 38mm cables!!..where on earth would i see such cables to buy?....my initial plan was to but the single braided ac cables using in conduit house wiring for heavy duty loads...but it appears that wud be a bad move

dont know your location, but if you check shops that sell high tenssion or phtn transformers, u should get like 50mm flex.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
earthrealm: hmmm..this cable issue don dey fear me oh.....my system is going to be outputting abt 35-45amps am wondering what type of cable to run from the charge controller to the batteries..a distance of about 20ft. guys help me o.....checked the charts n they recommend about 38mm cables!!..where on earth would i see such cables to buy?....my initial plan was to but the single braided ac cables using in conduit house wiring for heavy duty loads...but it appears that wud be a bad move
You can get it at alaba intl. should be about N700 per metre.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kanuchi: 6:17am On Jun 08, 2013
Yes batteries has the manufacturing date even online.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:36am On Jun 08, 2013
so what is the manufacturing date on the batteries?
kanuchi: Yes batteries has the manufacturing date even online.
kanuchi: Yes batteries has the manufacturing date even online.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
HI everyone,

i was wondering, my electricity bill has increased since i started using my inverter. How does an inverter work? If I plug it in to input and its only powering a phone charger, will it pull its full 5KVA from the meter? no matter whats conencted to it? What about those 10KVA stabs? Does connecting a load of say 500VA to it not matter to the NEPA meter (will the stab still pull 10KVA?)

Without all this I was averaging 6-9k a month, now I'm paying 12-16k.... Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
from my lil knowledge...inverters draw high current to charge ranging from 20amps to 50amps depending on wattage..lets assume 30amps 30amps x 240 gives you 7200watts!!!......thats the power consumption of 4- 5units 2hp a/c so my broda..uunderstand what am saying...i initially made the mistake of using 13amps plug to connect my 1500 watts inverter..it simply melted the plug after some time. i even later connected it to a 1kva stabilizer...and it nearly burnt the stabilizer..it melted the output terminals of the stab.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deeplo(m): 7:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
@ abunafiu, pls kindly contact me on this email. Macjcomm1@gmail.com. I need your help asap. Expecting to hear from u. Thank u
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 12:12am On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=deeplo]@ abunafiu, pls kindly contact me on this email. Macjcomm1@gmail.com. I need your help asap. Expecting to hear from u. Thank u[/quote
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ciscostaz: 10:18am On Jun 12, 2013
@George_D

Thanks. That's a wonderful analysis. I can now make up my mind too.

George_D:
if your power needs are within the 2.5 to 3.5kva range, then i'll advise you to go for sukam inverters.
from my experience, they are more economical with battery power and seem to charge more efficiently. but if
your power needs exceed 3kva, then go for cyberpower.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:38am On Jun 14, 2013
ciscostaz: @George_D

Thanks. That's a wonderful analysis. I can now make up my mind too.

you're welcome.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
all,

as promised, here are pictures of my last installation.

its really boiling down to a game of numbers.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
be sure of the name: suntech!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
installaion in progress:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
the more, the merrier!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
more panels, more juice, more joy!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Americasman(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
This man you and solar panels. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
monitoring still in progress.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
Oga George, congratulations on the new array additions. It is just like the Oliver twist, We always want more from the sun. I am sure you are also enjoying the full support of madam, this is top on the list of projects that my wife is in 100% support.

I also re-added the 4pcs of the 100watts mono crystalline panels that I brought down early this year with a small 20A charge controller and the results have been impressive. I hope to share the pictures tomorrow.

I got delivery of my dc circuit breakers and the power meter but unfortunately I specified a 220v model instead of the model powered by 24v. I am discussing with my supplier to trade it back in and get the 24v model.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bing(m): 6:49am On Jun 15, 2013
@george D
I hail.... can i have the contact of the suntech dealer?
@bodejohn and all,
a 240watt panel and a 30a mppt(bodejohn's type) charge controller on a 200ah zenith battery 12v system. what are the disadvantages? will increase battery and panel as the cash comes...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
As promised, the pictures....

Picture 1: 100 watts panels, 4pcs will be increased to 6 later.
Picture 2: 6pcs of 120 watts polycrystalline panels.
Picture 3: Inverter and battery bank.
Picture 4: The charge controllers

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
And the DC circuit breakers..
The ones protecting the batteries will be installed when I get the receive IP2x modular bus distribution made by LEGRAND.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
bing: @george D
I hail.... can i have the contact of the suntech dealer?
@bodejohn and all,
a 240watt panel and a 30a mppt(bodejohn's type) charge controller on a 200ah zenith battery 12v system. what are the disadvantages? will increase battery and panel as the cash comes...

From my experience, your proposed start point is quite small.
My personal advise, use all the money you have now to buy only batteries. It is a little complicated to add batteries to an existing set-up after say 6 months.
For example, all the expansion Oga George has done so far has excluded the batteries.
For a 24v system, I will advise a minimum of 6 batteries and for 48v system, minimum of 8 batteries. You can increase the solar panels, charge controllers and inverter as much as you want later.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
George_D: monitoring still in progress.

My oga,

I can only say I am envious and more grease
Nice one
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bing(m): 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
@bodejohn,
Thanks for ur response... my system is a 12v system and my battery is 5 months old, I will add one 200ah to it if it is still okay to add the week... if not then i will have to get a seperate 2 battery of 200ah as i have the mppt charge controller 30a in stock.
I manage power to the extent that I hardly use up to 350watt at a go...
I will like to know the negative effect of 240watt panel over a 30a mppt charger controller.
Thanks once again...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
bing: @bodejohn,
Thanks for ur response... my system is a 12v system and my battery is 5 months old, I will add one 200ah to it if it is still okay to add the week... if not then i will have to get a seperate 2 battery of 200ah as i have the mppt charge controller 30a in stock.
I manage power to the extent that I hardly use up to 350watt at a go...
I will like to know the negative effect of 240watt panel over a 30a mppt charger controller.
Thanks once again...

Like I said before, adding a new battey to an old one is complicated. You have to ensure they are same brand, same model, same Ah and same or very close week of manufacture. The disadvantages might not be noticed until several months after. You can google more about it.

To the panels and charge controller, I am of the opinion that a single 240watt panel will grossly underutilize your mppt controller, infact it will not work more than a cheap pwm controller. This is not a big problem as you can add more panels afterwards but you also need to know that your battery bank will not be adequately charged.

I still suggest you consider your load demands. Renewable energy is so sweet that not starting out with surficient capactiy may be a big disadvantage after 2 or 3 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.