Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060771 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
Namzy:

I am not planning to use solar now just inverter and tubular batteries and from your submission is better to stick to the icellpower 2kva inverter and then buy a charge controller when i upgrade to solar rather than use the axpert 2kva hybrid inverter which is more expensive and still buy a charge controller when i want to upgrade
Please confirm if your icellpower 2kva inverter is not an Axpert inverter branded as icellpower. Alot of companies brand Axpert with their own names but in reality it is still an Axpert.

Take a picture of the inverter our learned gurus will be able to tell you if it is a branded Axpert.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
Oga Pranil.

Victron 5kw x 3 to make 3 Phase Power + Additional Fronius 6kw in 3 Phase e.t c

What shall one say to these things? You are afterall both master and enthusiast all rolled into one grin

When are we going to get a review of your new system? (this one don pass upgrade o). It has to be done with full aplomb and fan fare.

And also are you planning to sell off the Axperts and DC generator you already have?

For your diesel gen, I thought you already had a small solar panel connected to top off the starter battery? I see no reason why you do not simply 'strike' the Gen - either leave it idle or just drain fuel out and set it up for long term storage! I do not see how you can have a blackout with all the PV capacity and multiple inverters and multiple redundant battery banks you have built up and it does seem running the Gen occasionally is more trouble for you than it is worth (surely the houseowner would have no objection to prepping the Gen up for long term storage?)

pranil:

I second that.

Apart from SMA, I have not come across a company so knowledgeable and helpful on different application scenarios and wide har4dware compatibility

There is no comparison to their open source approach in the RE business

I have put so much faith now in Victron that I pulled out my entire system and in the process upgrading to 5 KW Quattro x 3 phase setup .

The generator and NEPA will changeover through Victron so something goes wrong my house will be in darkness

I have also acquired a Fronius SYMO 6 KW and Victron 250/70 CC ( in addition to my 150/70 and 150/45) to handle the large loads during daytime

After consuming 87 litres in Last one year for my 20 KVA gen and spending more on starter batteries and chargers and maintenance for the gen than diesel saved I have decided the gen should be run regularly to keep things in balance till the time Lithium becomes really affordable and I can truly dispose the gen

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
DUNKA:
Please confirm if your icellpower 2kva inverter is not an Axpert inverter branded as icellpower. Alot of companies brand Axpert with their own names but in reality it is still an Axpert.

Take a picture of the inverter our learned gurus will be able to tell you if it is a branded Axpert.

The problem is not whether icellpower is axpert clone. The problem is paying extra money to buy a hybrid and still buy a charge controller. Ipowerplus is a hybrid and is more expensive than icellpower which is not a hybrid. I was thinking if I buy the hybrid then no need to buy charge controller in future but with ur submission and that of big.. Then I'll go for the icellpower and later buy a charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jtcglobalventur: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good morning to everyone in the house, please i need you assistance to solve some problem with an inverter. The inverter is a 48v,3.5kva, with fangpusun mppt charge controller 60a/48v and solar panel of 300watts. it works morning till around 2.00am ,everday. The client need the unit to run 24/7 without stop. Thanks to everyone in the house.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Talibanis: 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
jtcglobalventur:
Good morning to everyone in the house, please i need you assistance to solve some problem with an inverter. The inverter is a 48v,3.5kva, with fangpusun mppt charge controller 60a/48v and solar panel of 300watts. it works morning till around 2.00am ,everday. The client need the unit to run 24/7 without stop. Thanks to everyone in the house.
You haven't provided enough information that will warant contributions. Battery bank, number of solar panels etc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by S007: 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
pranil:

I second that.

Apart from SMA, I have not come across a company so knowledgeable and helpful on different application scenarios and wide har4dware compatibility

I have put so much faith now in Victron that I pulled out my entire system and in the process upgrading to 5 KW Quattro x 3 phase setup .

The generator and NEPA will changeover through Victron so something goes wrong my house will be in darkness

I have also acquired a Fronius SYMO 6 KW and Victron 250/70 CC ( in addition to my 150/70 and 150/45) to handle the large loads during daytime

After consuming 87 litres in Last one year for my 20 KVA gen and spending more on starter batteries and chargers and maintenance for the gen than diesel saved I have decided the gen should be run regularly to keep things in balance till the time Lithium becomes really affordable and I can truly dispose the gen

Oga Pranil. How many inverters, charge controllers and other RE gadjects do you actually have. We have lost count shocked

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 6:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Pls house, there is this setting on the MPPT CC that I got, it is "load". The default value is 15.pls what does this stand for?and what's the implications if I reduce or increase the value?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 6:57am On Jul 28, 2018
jtcglobalventur:

Yiu won't like my response but I will say non the less. If you do not know the problem with this setup.. Then you have no business installing solar for a client. Nigeria is already filled to the brim with quarks posing as solar installers. It ends up hurting and doing damage to solar adoptation. All hope is not lost sha. Set back and learn the trade.. Its not even that hard.. That you can install solar panel on a roof or you are a good electrician don't make you an installer. If this question came from a Do IT Yourselfer then I would understand but not for someone holding himself out as an installer and having a client.

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 7:13am On Jul 28, 2018
bigrovar:

Yiu won't like my response but I will say non the less. If you do not know the problem with this setup.. Then you have no business installing solar for a client. Nigeria is already filled to the brim with quarks posing as solar installers. It ends up hurting and doing damage to solar adoptation. All hope is not lost sha. Set back and learn the trade.. Its not even that hard.. That you can install solar panel on a roof or you are a good electrician don't make you an installer. If this question came from a Do IT Yourselfer then I would understand but not for someone holding himself out as an installer and having a client.
The truth is very bitter grin the poor abused client will now say solar does not work and swear off re and become the chief campaigner against re.

Op I'd definitely not qualified to be an installer.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2018
Flames Solar Panels :
150w mono ...... ₦ 23,000.
200w mono........ ₦33,000.
250w mono..........₦39,000.
300w mono.........₦47,000.
Call/whatsapp: 08084858853.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2018
pranil:

I second that.

Absolutely. It easier to see unicorns than a solar company embrace open source technology the way Victron has. From working directly with open source communities and ensuring that major software component of their offering has a free and open source alternative to publishing white papers about their various protocols and hardware accessories the same can not be said about other solar product. I know what a friend who reaches out offline is facing trying to get his iTracer controller to work with the open energy monitoring system emonpi. It was easy for me to DIY their connector cable thanks to their white paper which indicates which which is transmit, receive and ground all based on color coding. Their remote monitoring software and hardware have been completely open sourced and downloadable free of charge, their api is also open to be used with 3rd party tools which is what I took advantage of in setting up my own remote monioring dashboard.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
kiekie1:
We recently acquired fairly used telecoms batteries and it came out good after individual testing & reading smiley .

Battery brand name: Ritar
Capacity: 12v 105a
Weight: 30/32kg
Description: Front access telecom battery
Price : N27,000 per unit

Quantity procured : 20 units
Sold: 10 units
In stock : 10 units left
Deliveries : We waybill to any state (T&C applies)

Sir Frankie
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

Quantity procured : 20 units
Sold: 19 units
In stock : 1 unit left
Deliveries : We waybill to any state (T&C applies)

Sir Frankie
081-350-31951
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jtcglobalventur: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
hi the inverter set-up has 12-unit of 250w( i,e; 3000watts) mono pv,arranged in a unit of three in series and than the four units is connected in parallel ,this gives 112v open circuit voltage. it was observed that if the system is put off for about 1.5hrs during the day, the system works til-down each day. Thanks to everyone in the house.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Boss! What is the nameplate VmP on your panels? 4 panels in series seems to be dancing rather close to the 145/150vDC controller limit biko. Most 250w panels have VMP in the 30 to 32vDC range and 4 in series may be able to make enough voltage to brick your CC or did you mean 4 parallel strings with each string having 2 panels in series?

And if I recall right someone here (maybe you grin) played with 4 panels in series in the past and bricked his MorningStar. In a 24v nominal battery system and with this basic controller, I don't see any advantage you would get having array voltage around 120v.

To answer your questions, the EP Solar Max Array Size is determined by the formula [LBatt x Max Array VmP] so with a 60a controller, LBatt (Max Battery Current) is 60amps while your VmP (conventional two panels in series for a 24v system) is ~60v. 60amps x 60vMP gives you 3.6kW as the max array size with EP Solar 60a when used in a 24v system. Based on this and actual field experience you will be very okay with a 2.4kW array and safe up until 3kW of PV panels even (allowing a common sense margin of safety so we don't reach the actual 3.6kW limit)

You will need a DC clamp meter to accurately measure each individual panel in a string's contribution or lack thereof to the combined string performance. As often reinforced on this forum, I insist that no DIYer or RE professional worth his salt can get by without a DC clamp meter or suitable substitute - with a DC clamp, you will be able to test each panel's behaviour in live operations without interrupting or disrupting the circuit.

Please clarify what you mean by the 'chinese are vertical while the renogy are horizontal'

so just a lil update, so i popped into villa, and the sun broke tru the clouds for about 30mins, i observed 59.8amps instantenous current, an d 1722w on the epsolar cc, though it was steady, would display for a few seconds and drop to 1400w range. i now understand fully what u meant by overloading the array/cc,
from the 59.8amps instantenous amps i observed several times, i can conclude that my panels are ok, and kicking out juice...guess the cc clamped down on the current, not to exceed the 60amp cc rating. my batts sure gonna be happy during the dry season grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 9:26am On Jul 29, 2018
jtcglobalventur:
hi the inverter set-up has 12-unit of 250w( i,e; 3000watts) mono pv,arranged in a unit of three in series and than the four units is connected in parallel ,this gives 112v open circuit voltage. it was observed that if the system is put off for about 1.5hrs during the day, the system works til-down each day. Thanks to everyone in the house.

Okay let me help you small.
You said the system isnt working till dawn
the sun goes down around 6pm, so it means from 6pm, client is on batteries, so around 2am system goes off, which means :
1. client depletes battery with heavy loads,,,,, bad
2, battery bank isnt correctly sized to accomodate 24hrs usage,,,,,bad
3, batteries arent charging well during the day,,,,,bad
4 village people are following client,,,,,,worse

thank me later

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:47am On Jul 29, 2018
Emerson telecom MTN used batteries 165a ..... 60k

Contact,
081-350-31951

SOLD!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by blazeup(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2018
earthrealm:

so just a lil update, so i popped into villa, and the sun broke tru the clouds for about 30mins, i observed 59.8amps instantenous current, an d 1722w on the epsolar cc, though it was steady, would display for a few seconds and drop to 1400w range. i now understand fully what u meant by overloading the array/cc,
from the 59.8amps instantenous amps i observed several times, i can conclude that my panels are ok, and kicking out juice...guess the cc clamped down on the current, not to exceed the 60amp cc rating. my batts sure gonna be happy during the dry season grin grin grin

Great news Chief
I am planning a similar setup to yours in my vila too
Please which of brand of Pvs are you using..
Best regards.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
check your whatsapp!
kiekie1:
Emerson telecom MTN used batteries 165a ..... 60k

Contact,
081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hardywaltz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please I want to ask a novice question.
I have two 12v 170amps batteries connected in series for a 24v setup.
Can I add two extra 12v 200amps batteries connected in series then parallel the two strings?

My rudimentary cal say I will get 24v 370amps.

Is it a bad idea?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
===NEW ARRIVAL TL16-400AGM BATTERIES===

ThunderVolt 6V 400Ah AGM
Excellent cycle life: 50% DOD 1200 cycles
https://www.solardepotng.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=289_374

Trina 255W Multi Solar Panels
https://www.solardepotng.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=287_366

For more info, contact

Solar Depot Nigeria
0803 260 2629
www.solardepotng.com

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
hardywaltz:
Can I add two extra 12v 200amps batteries connected in series then parallel the two strings?

Is it a bad idea?
It's better you use the same capacity and even similar brand in order to avoid story that touch.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
jtcglobalventur:
With all these modules you are not enjoying solar. It is bad. Something must be wrong. Where are you staying? Just pm me for adjustments on the system. The system need to be overhaul and resized.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by blazeup(m): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
ojtech8291:
With all these modules you are not enjoying solar. It is bad. Something must be wrong. Where are you staying? Just pm me for adjustments on the system. The system need to be overhaul and resized.

Oga.
Share your overhaul ideas here just as all the other gurus u learnt from have been doing for years. FOC.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
hardywaltz:

Is it a bad idea?

In theory, yes 24v 370a
in real life, 24v 340a
plus dead batteries within 6 months
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
Been trying to pass comments over the past 2 days. Gotten banned just as often (never happened previously). What could be the matter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
godspeed:
Pls house, there is this setting on the MPPT CC that I got, it is "load". The default value is 15.pls what does this stand for?and what's the implications if I reduce or increase the value?

Pls help
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
ONLINE DELIVERY OF RENEWABLE ENERGY MATERIALS

INVERTER

MICROTECH INVERTER
900VA,12V N46,000
1.1KVA,12V N53,000
1.6KVA/24V N72,000
2KVA/24V N80,000
2.6KVA/36V N105,000
3.6KVA/48V N170,000
5.2KVA/48V N340,000.
5.5KVA/96V N340,000
10KVA/180V N790,000

PRAG INVERTER
1.1KVA,12V N70,000
1.2KVA,12V N90,000
1.5KVA/24V N110,000
2.5KVA/24V N125,000
4KVA/24V N270,000.
7.5KVA/120V N500,000

MUST POWER STAR INVERTER

4kva 3000W 24V N 220,000
4kva 3000W 48V N 260,000
5kva 4000W 48V N 350,000
6kva 5000W 48V N 400,000
7.5kva 6000W 48V N 450,000
10kva/48V 8000W 48V N 950,000

HYBRID INVERTER

VOLTRON SERIES
1.4KVA/12(30A N65,000
2.4KVA/24V50A N97,000
3KVA /48V 60A MPPT N220,000
5KVA /48V 60A MPPT N310,000
7.5KVA /48V 60A MPPT N430,000
10KVA /48V 100A MPPT N750,000
15KVA /48V 60A MPPT N850,000
15KVA /48V 120A MPPT N890,000

GENEXTECH SERIES

2KVA/24V(600W MPPT) #138,000
3KVA/24V(600W MPPT) #149,000
3KVA/24V(1500W MPPT) #194,000
3KVA/48V(3000W MPPT) #202,000
5KVA/48V(3000W MPPT) #306,000
10KW/48V(14850W MPPT) #1,660,000

STABILIZER

VOLTRON STABLIZER
6KVA WALL MOUNT RELAY REGULATOR #45,000
6KVA WALL MOUNT SERVO REGULATOR #65,000
12KVA WALL MOUNT RELAY REGULATOR #90,000
12KVA WALL MOUNT SERVO REGULATOR #120,000

PRAG STABLIZER

10KVA WALL MOUNT SERVO REGULATOR #130,000
12KVA WALL MOUNT RELAY REGULATOR #120,000
15KVA WALL MOUNT RELAY REGULATOR #140,000
15KVA WALL MOUNT SERVO REGULATOR #240,000
20KVA RELAY REGULATOR #195,000
20KVA SERVO REGULATOR #370,000
30KVA SERVO REGULATOR #470,000

BATTERY

GENEX BATTERY 12V/200AH N 120,000
LONG BATTERY 12V/200AH N 120,000
MONBAT BATTERY 12V/200AH N 125,000
MONBAT BATTERY 12V/210AH N 120,000
ELSON BATTERY 12V/200AH N 115,000
MICROTEC BATTERY 12V/200AH N 105,000
M POWER BATTERY 12V/200AH N 105,000
EASTMAN 12V/200AH TALL TUBULAR BATTERY N115,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/200AH N 90,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/200AH N 95,000
RITAR BATTERY 12V/200AH N 130,000
PRAG BATTERY 12V/200AH N 140,000
PATTERN BATTERY 12V/200AH N100,000
QUANTA BATTERY 12V/200AH N 130,000

BATTERY RACK
BATTERY RACK 2 BATTERY N 15,000
BATTERY RACK 4 BATTERIES N 30,000
BATTERY RACK 8 BATTERIES N 50,000

CHARGE CONTROLLER
ROY SOLAR SERIES
20A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 20,000
30A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 25,000
40A 48v PWM controller (LED) N 50,000
30A 96v PWM controller (LCD) N 120,000
60A 48v PWM controller (LCD) N 95,000

COWIN SERIES
20A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 15,000
30A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 20,000
40A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 25,000
50A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 32,000
60A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 41,000
40A 48v PWM controller (LED) N 25,000
50A 48v PWM controller (LED) N 32,000
60A 48v PWM controller (LED) N 50,000

COWIN MPPT SERIES

40A 12/24/48v MPPT controller (LCD) N 80,000
60A 12/24/48V MPPT controller (LCD) N 130,000

EPEVER MPPT SERIES
12/24/48 /45A N 145,000
12/24/48 /60A N165,000

FANGUNPSUN MPPT SERIES
30A 24V N40,000
60A 48v N140,000
80A 48v N170,000

SOLAR PANELS

JOY SOLAR PANEL
150w MONO -N32,000
200w MONO -N33,000
260w MONO -N54,000

150w POLY –N27,000
200w POLY -N31,000
260w POLY -N52,000

TRINA SOLAR PANEL

300w MONO -N85,000
320w MONO -N110,000

YINGLIN SOLAR PANEL
100w POLY -N22,000
150w POLY -N33,000
200w POLY -N39,000
260w POLY -N51,000
310w POLY -N62,000

100w MONO-N25,000
150w MONO -N33,000
200w MONO -N39,000
260w MONO -N59,000
320w MONO -N74,000

CANADIAN SOLAR PANEL

MONO-
290w. N60,000 (BULK PURCHASE ONLY)
330w. N66,000 (BULK PURCHASE ONLY)

POLY
270w. N45,000 (BULK PURCHASE ONLY)
275w. N59,000 (BULK PURCHASE ONLY)

ACCESSORIES

PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 15A N7,000
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 25A N9,000

BATTERY BALANCER /EQUALIZER 48V 35,000
BATTERY BALANCER EQUALIZER 24V #30,000
BATTERY VOLTMETER INDICATOR #1,700

DC CIRCUIT BREAKER 63A/120V---500V 2 POLE N 8,000
DC CIRCUIT BREAKER 125A/500V 2 POLE N 14,000

DC TV
17INCHES DC TV #31,000
24INCHES DC TV #40,000
28INCHES DC TV #48,000
32INCHES DC TV #65,000

DC IRON 150WATTS #9,000
DC IRON 300WATTS #15,000

COMPLETE SOLAR SOLUTION

Call-07058562938 Bright Solar Power

WHATSSAP 08187995847

FOR PURCHASE/ DELIVERY
INSTALLATION NATIONWIDE

https:///send?phone=2348187995847

WWW.BRIGHTSENERGY.COM
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ativ: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
hardywaltz:

Is it a bad idea?

I think it is a bad idea- different capacities, different ages of batteries. You can have two separate battery banks and use a battery changeover switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-Selector-Battery/dp/B000MMFJH0/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
godspeed:

Pls help
What are you exactly using the CC for? For most CCs it is redundant. You connect your batteries to the + and - terminals on the CC and your inverter to your batteries. However if you are using it to control output to loads like street lights, house lights etc light loads like that, that you want to time[/size][size=8pt] duration of use , then it could be useful.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
blazeup:

Great news Chief
I am planning a similar setup to yours in my vila too
Please which of brand of Pvs are you using..
Best regards.

guess you just came on board, i stated it in my previous posts.
2units 250watts suntech
2units 255watts myhome
4units 250watts renogy.

all 24v panels

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ladyjblinks(f), Kendzyma(m), omonla5, damilonya(m), orkman(m), hisenjos, jworos(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.